Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TWeeterhead Future Characters Survey

Master of Statues

TWeeterhead Future Characters Survey

Hey everyone! Hope this is an ok place to post this...

Ive done "Survey" type posts in the past on other forums, but now that Im focusing on the MOTU line for Tweeterhead I wanted to pick the community's brain about some of your favorite characters... Ive been asking a few people this already, but I wanted to cast a broader net and see what everyone here thinks....

What Im looking for are two different things:

1) - Who are your 3 personal favorite characters besides the obvious He-Man, Skelly, Teela, Trap Jaw, etc. Looking for the "Dood, Snout Spout!" or "B" tier characters, and a short "why" would be awesome!

2) - Who do you think are the 3 most popular amongst fans that ARNT the obvious ones as well... like "Fisto because the classics figure is so freaking expensive and that name is AWESOME" or anything like that.

Images or anything you wanna toss in to further support your ideas would be awesome.

Hoping to keep the lists short and to the point, your personal faves and your opinion about the community at large... I know it's hard to narrow it down to "just 3" but do your best, that'd be awesome!

Thanks all!
    xoxo
    Dave Igo
    Creative Director - Tweeterhead

1) - Who are your 3 personal favorite characters besides the obvious He-Man, Skelly, Teela, Trap Jaw, etc.

Rokkon - can you imagine this guy in a battle pose with his blaster as a big ol' rocky statue?

Zodac - classic '80s version, again in a battle pose with his blaster- or equally cool just sitting calmly floating in his chair.

Scareglow - a glow in the dark skeleton that even fairweather MOTU fans think is badass. Think of the sales around Halloween!

2) - Who do you think are the 3 most popular amongst fans that ARNT the obvious ones as well... like "Fisto because the classics figure is so freaking expensive and that name is AWESOME" or anything like that.

Modulok - if Hordak is going to have some company in ginormous statue form, having this grotesque Evil Beast Of A Thousand Bodies has so much potential as a statue.

Roboto - I could see fans digging on a big shiny statue of this guy.

King Hiss - besides being another faction leader, the leader of the Snakemen doesn't get much representation outside of the action figure line and some comic and cartoon appearances (in other words, he's never had a staction, a bust, a maquette, or anything like that).

Heroic Warrior Long Live He-Man's Avatar
    Question 1 is difficult to answer because I don’t know what are considered the “obvious favorites” so I’ll attempt to answer as best I can:

1) Sorceress
    2) Stratos
    3) Buzz-Off

Question 2:

1) Scareglow
    2) King Hiss
    3) Roboto

1)
    Two-Bad - Cool character design that often gets passed over because his design is difficult when it comes to parts reuse.
    Catra - Her Filmation inspired design has always been one of my favorite females in the line. Not much representation due to separate She-Ra license?
    Kobra Khan - Underrepresented. Not sure why. He's awesome. The vintage toy had one of the best action features.

2)
    Scareglow - Personally I'm tired of him. Would rather see Webstor, Two-Bad, Stinkor, Kobra Khan, etc but people love him and he has lots of parts reuse.
    Horde Trooper - Cool design with wide appeal.
    Keldor - I don't know why. I don't get it, but he seems to be requested often.

I realize parts reuse isn't an issue with statues, but part of my reason for wanting to see more of these characters is that we don't see them often.
    Last edited by foots_mcgee; May 28, 2020 at 01:52pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Igo View Post
    1) - Who are your 3 personal favorite characters besides the obvious He-Man, Skelly, Teela, Trap Jaw, etc. Looking for the "Dood, Snout Spout!" or "B" tier characters, and a short "why" would be awesome!
    The three characters most likely to get me to buy a statue (I'm not a statue collector) would be:
    1. Tri-Klops - of all of the top-tier Evil Warriors, he gets the least attention, IMO, but he's always been a favorite of mine
    2. Ram Man - like Tri-Klops, Ram Man is one of the most prominent Heroic Warriors, but is usually ignored in favor of others
    3. Shadow Weaver - her design would lend itself REALLY well to a very creepy, eye-catching statue

1. Kobra Khan or King Hiss -- because the Snakemen don't get a lot of love when it comes to higher-end MOTU products.
    2. Scareglow -- he's one of those "cult-favorite" characters who would also make an amazing statue.
    3. Fisto -- everyone loves Fisto, but he's not one of the "obvious" character choices when it comes to MOTU
    Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS COMPLETE COLLECTION GUIDE
    Featuring photos, bios, accessories, release dates, and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!

Evil and eats everything Acolyte's Avatar

1) - Mosquitor: This little bloodsucker is heavily underrated and could look extremely menacing done right.

- Mantenna: Four legs, pop-out eyes, "Sarlacc"-like mouth ... ´Nuff said. A wonderful villain in my eyes.

- Scare Glow: Mr Halloween himself. A glow-in-the-dark skeleton done as a statue; that would be awesome.

2) - Buzz-Off: I always liked this fella. And my wife loves him even more. So bring on Buzz-Off, so that I can justify collecting this line in front of my wife.

- Webstor: The creepy crawler could fit right in with the other "monsters". Having him on my shelf would be tough ... being an arachnophobiac.

- Whiplash: A crocodile/dragon-like monster with a thrashing tail. Haven´t seen any statue like that before.

1.) Spikor, Stinkor, and Hsss

2.) Scareglow, Zodac, and Moss Man

Honorable Mention for #1 ( ) Mantenna, Leech, Buzz-Off, Two-Bad

Hook a fellow Springs native up and make a Hsss.

1. Webstor, King Hssss, Stinkor

2. Scareglow, ram man, Merman

Question 1:

Stinkor
    Mantenna
    Man-E-Faces

Question 2:

King Hisss
    Modulock
    Faker

Q: 1
    -Clawful
    -Buzz-Off
    -Webstor

Q: 2
    -Moss Man
    -Leech
    -Stinkor
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    Waiting for more William Stout characters!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Assuming the "obvious" ones that we are ignoring for this survey are Trap Jaw, Mer Man, Beast Man, Man-At-Arms, and Teela...

Q1
    Buzz Off
    Two Bad
    Mantenna

Q2
    Scareglow (just look at the secondary market prices for him in any MOTU line he's released in; he's clearly highly sought after)
    Stinkor
    Sorceress

The REAL Mo-Larr yodafreakmaster's Avatar
    Ottumwa Iowa - The Video Game Capital of the World
    Hard to narrow my top 3 wish list to 3... I'm all-in on this line!

1- Two Bad
    2- Mosquitor
    3- Mantenna

Question 2
    1- Scareglow
    2- Spikor
    3- Rammy

Knowing me, knowing you.. Mendoc's Avatar
    I'm a huge fan of the real early stuff so apologies if mine come across as obvious choices.

1 - Zodac.

On a personal level, as he was my first figure back in 1982. I was so impatient that when my parents found him in the supermarket I had to have him (we were looking for He-Man but they didn't have him). I was slightly disappointed later that day when they found He-Man in a toy shop for my brother! I think he'd translate really well in statue form with his gun and all. Something that's slightly different to the more common (although great) sword.

2 - Stratos.

Another of my absolute favourites because...he can fly! I just imagine the cool poses you could sculpt him into, taking off, landing etc. He has great colours, too.

3 - Man-at-Arms.

Again, sorry if obvious but I feel he's often been ignored in statue form and with all his accessories and his colours he'd just translate so well into a statue. I think that Mondo's upcoming figure is an amazing example of what can be done with Man-at-Arms. Also he's such a major player.

The three most popular that I would say aren't necessarily obvious would be - King Randor/ Man-E-Faces / Grizzlor.

Cheers and I'm looking forward to whatever you come up with! Thank you.
    Last edited by Mendoc; May 29, 2020 at 04:57am.

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar

Survey

Question 1
    1 - Two-bad, 2 headed monster, look super cool.
    2 - Whiplash, that massive tail, another menacing villin.
    3 - Horde Trooper, always loved this toy. Exclusive could be some battle damaged parts.

Question 2
    1 - King Hiss - never done in any format and is a faction leader. He is a MUST.
    2 - King Randor - another important character with a title.
    3 - Two-bad, 200x cartoon series really brought this character out of the shadows. Gave us his origin story.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar

Zodac - Cosmic Enforcer (the vintage version) I have always liked his design, he is hairy, has clawed hands and feet and is dressed in futuristic armour, he is an awesome mysterious character.

Webstor - Always have been a fan of this character and he doesn't get enough love, he has a fantastic colour scheme, he is a creepy spider man. He would look amazing as a statue

The Goddess - She would look awesome as a statue, she has a great design - ok she looks like Teela, but she can have a more unique look in statue form, plus she is a established part of the new canon as a stand alone character.

Buzz-Off - He is popular with the fanbase and is recognisable enough for the general public, he has a great colour scheme and design.

Mantenna - Another popular character with a cool insect design which sometimes gets overlooked

King Hsss - I think it's about time the leader of the Snakemen had a statue, such a great design and concept.
    MOTUC WISHLIST - Karg | Lady Slther | Kothos | Staghorn | Sorceress of Serpos Teela | Hunga the Harpy | Kittrina | Dylamug | Hawke | Angast | Zilora | Artilla | Quakke | Robo-Woman | Great Black Wizard | Enchantress | Red Beast | Delora | DC He-Man | DC Skeletor | Lodar | Fang-Or | Mini Comics Tri-Klops | Filmation Jitsu, Frosta & Kobra Khan | Hans Hammer Holder | Granita |

It's hard to determing in question 1 who might be out of the realm of the obvious choices, so I'll just pick from characters that were not released in the first 2 years of the original line.....

1) Whiplash - a very overlooked character in my opinion, and one that would make for an amazing statue. It's time he gets some time in the spotlight!

2) Two Bad - I mean, I don't know how this guy couldn't look awesome as a statue

3) Spikor - keeping with evil warriors, this statue could be simultaneously amazing and dangerous!

For question 2....

1) Tri-Klops - my favorite character, always seems to get lumped in as one of the A tier / main characters, but then you don't see much merchandise made for him. I would love to get a statue of him

2) Ram Man - since we're not likely to see a Mondo figure of this guy soon, or a Club Grayskull figure either, it would be nice to get SOME representation of him out there....he is my second favorite character

3) Man-E-Faces - this guy is awesome and I just don't know why there isn't more merchandise out there for him....seems like a perfect candidate for a statue.
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

Thinking about it some more, I think the two characters that have the most potential are Man-E-Faces and Modulock. I just think you can have a lot of fun coming up with designs for them, and they both have the potential to be truly exceptional. I just think with these two characters in particular, you can really go "all-out" and crazy with them. I would also put Mantenna and Stinkor in that category, too.

I'm not being biased or anything, seeing as these are all characters I picked.

1) - Who are your 3 personal favorite characters besides the obvious He-Man, Skelly, Teela, Trap Jaw, etc. Looking for the "Dood, Snout Spout!" or "B" tier characters, and a short "why" would be awesome
    - Rio Blast - great merger of Masters of the Universe, Sci-Fi and Wild West themes, awesome weapons back pack, epic moustache, could be a best of both worlds from vintage figure and 200x staction
    - Ninjor - I just like this weird Ninja with demon feet and his weaponry. Masked and unmasked heads have exclusive potential.
    - Dragstor - he has a special place in the hearts of German fans, since he was very important in the last five German audio plays from Europa, but he was written completely off character, since he was working together with Skeletor, was riding Night Stalker and wielding an Evil Power Sword.

- Optikk - with his big eye ball and the tech suit, he is surely the most popular NA charakter, at least his awesome Classics figure is.
    - King Hiss - the leaders of all MotU factions got their statue treatment now multiple times, but the evil leader of the Snake-Men is still missing in this form. And man, would his Snake form rock as statue.
    - Shadow Weaver - a mysterious witch at the side of Hordak, which is to this day one of the holy grails of the Classicss toyline. And an uncloaked head as exclusive!
    News editor on PlanetEternia.de, the No. 1 German Masters of the Universe website
    Part of "Das HE-MANische Quartett", the No. 1 German Masters of the Universe podcast

1. For me, my favorites would be:

Moss Man: Such a cool character with the potential of both flora and fauna in his design. Mysterious, ancient, mossy. What's not to like about this guy?

Mosquitor: Mosquitor always seems like he has the potential to be redesigned again and again in more terrifying ways. I'd love to see Mosquitor tackled in this version of Masters of the Universe

Imp: I'd love to see another take on Imp. Maybe he would be Orko sized, or smaller? I love the Filmation Imp but the new She-Ra Imp kind of left me cold. Something new could be amazing, though.

2. The other figures that seem like popular second-string choices:

Scareglow: We've had a bit of a Scareglow renaissance lately and the character always seems to be a popular seller. I could see some amazing design work happening on this guy.

Tri-Klops: Tri-Klops seems to get left out sometimes but I've always viewed him as one of the main Evil Warriors and it seems that most others do, too.

Catra: With the popularity of the Horde and the popularity of the new She-ra series, Catra has a lot of fans. Shadow Weaver seems to get more attention lately, but Catra really needs to be considered.
    I serve up lots of hot, fresh action figure reviews on Action Figure Barbecue!

"We have a Ram-Man!"

1) My B-lister favorites:

- Man-E-Faces (just in case you don't consider him as an A-lister, but I very much do!)
    - Buzz-Off
    - Webstor or Spikor (can't choose)

2) Popular:

- Mantenna
    - Stinkor
    - Tung-Lashor or Kobra-Khan

IMHO all monster or cyborg based characters would look great in Statue form.
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

Widget
    1. Keldor - He was like a cooler looking and more focused Loki (from Thor). I found his backstory tragic and if things had gone slightly different, he could've been a pretty strong hero (or at least an anti-hero). He became an epic villain and I'd love a collectable statue that represents this side well (even if only a switch out portrait for a new Skeletor statue).
    2. Buzz Off - One of my first MOTU figures as a kid. I've always loved social insects, so a bee dude was totally in my wheelhouse. The 200X version was decent, but I think there's more potential for a modernized and more realistic take on his concept.
    3. Webstor - Another of my first MOTU figures as a kid. I was actually afraid of spiders as a child, but learning more about the species cured me of it. His original look was kinda corny, but like Buzz Off, there's a lot of potential in a more creepy, modernized, and realistic take on the concept.

1. King Hiss - Hiss and all of the Snake Men were some of the coolest characters that really didn't get as much shine as they should have. A King Hiss statue with switch out torsos to represent both of his forms would be pretty cool.
    2. Scare Glow - Everyone loves Skeletor because a skeleton guy is a cool look. Scare Glow had that same appeal, but to a different level. It also helps that as a kid we didn't know if he was real or a rumor for years and the concept made our imaginations run wild. When we finally got him, he wasn't as horrific as we wanted, but an updated version could bring that dream into a reality.
    3. Sorceress - Who doesn't like a beautiful and powerful woman? The 200X series did a pretty perfect job of showing her look and actions. Taking that 200X design and pushing it to the next level like with Hordak would be a knockout.

- - - Updated - - -

P.S. I don't know if they would count as characters as they were kinda more like pets/vehicles, but I always loved Battle Cat and Panthor. I've always loved twins or similar things with slight differences. So as an animal lover, I loved these two. But I was also fascinated that the toys were made from the same mold, but how the paint or felt could make them seem so different.

Heroic Warrior
    Favorites:
    1. Moss Man; I love the pine scent, I love the flocking, and I love the nature theme.
    2. Roboto; I love the whole clear chest with gears. Also, his backstory reminds me of Greek tragedies, which I'm a super big fan of.
    3. Grizzlor; I mean, he's a big badass cotton ball.

Popular:
    1. Mosquitor; He seems to be a fan favorite. I personally find him a little overrated and not nearly as cool as people say, but he's a beloved character.
    2. Scareglow; Literally everyone loves this guy. Like, he's a glow in the dark skeleton who can paralyze people. Also, he's so striking when on the shelf. Like, he glows, which really stands out.
    3. Sorceress; I mean, she's one of the most important characters, but isn't a main character. She often gets ignored and skipped over, but she's such a major part of MOTU, and anyone who isn't a diehard pre-Filmation fan loves her.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, if you do Scareglow, please like use lights to make him glow. GITD works on an action figure, but for a static display piece, I feel that embedded lights would just look better.

Master of Statues
    Hey Everyone

Thanks for all your input! If anyone reads any of this and wishes to update their post (mainly what they feel collectors might want) please make a new post, all good!

I totally get "Popular / A-Tier" can be a bit subjective, but I think everyone is hitting the mark with their suggestions, there are no wrong answers really.

Some great stuff in here to think about. It feels like every day I edit my view a bit on how "the larger community" feels about specific characters, so it's good to get a general gauge and see what everyone is thinking.

Thanks again everyone, I'll be checking back in from time to time, and I might reply to some specific suggestions so I appreciate all your time and input!

Stay safe!
    xoxo
    Dave Igo
    Creative Director - Tweeterhead

If I may add one more to my list, it just occurred to me that Snake Face would make a KILLER statue.
    Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS COMPLETE COLLECTION GUIDE
    Featuring photos, bios, accessories, release dates, and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!

- Netossa (beautiful character, black woman, awesome costume, cool power)
    - Stinkor (awesome colors, mutant skunk humanoid - how is that NOT cool?)
    - Bow

Who do you think are the 3 most popular amongst fans that ARNT the obvious ones as well... like "Fisto because the classics figure is so freaking expensive and that name is AWESOME" or anything like that
    - Kobra Khan
    - Roboto
    - Catra
    A Want List
    Mini Comic Tri-Klops, Toy costume Catra, Enchantress, Kayo, Joya, Lt. Andra, Storm, Twiggets, Melaktha, Spirit, Kothos, Master Sebrian, Scrollos, 200X Sorceress, King Miro. Filmation: Adora, Marzo, Leech, Entrapta, Glimmer, Bow, Catra w/ Cat Form, Mermista, Moss Man, Kobra Khan, Whiplash, Multi-Bot