Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTU Board Game coming from CMON - Discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by Wakko View Post
    Lady Slither stretch goal!!!
    Lady slither is cool and all... but... two bad... stinkor... sy-klone... Rio blast... etc.. They're certainly making us hold on here
    It always takes me 10 minutes to figure out how to edit this signature

I want meteorbs dang nabbit!!!

The Forces of Evil throwing a Hissy Fit.

Have to see the Horde, but I'm very much hoping to go all in on this.

Rather makes me wish I knew how to paint miniatures.
    Last edited by Asher Tye; September 24, 2021 at 04:24pm.
    I am Imp's number one fan.

Today's Daily Reveal was a Holiday Scenario. Tomorrow might be more containers, I guess? Lol
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Heroic Master of Music baileyrecords's Avatar
    Iím going ďall inĒ but geez itís way more than I thought it would be. Am seriously considering selling my modern figures to pay for this 😜
    I am Stratos, Heroic Master of Music! and proud member of the Ohio Masters

Creator of Kaiju Kaos.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Today's Daily Reveal was a Holiday Scenario. Tomorrow might be more containers, I guess? Lol
    I may be seeing things but tmrws reveal sure has the shape of the battle ram... tho I just don't see how such a thing would work

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by jackstatic View Post
    If not more.... lol no need to get everything tho. The dice, neoprene mat and 3D terrain (and even the plastic castle) are just vanity upgrades.

Of course.....

I'll be getting them....

I'm very glad snake men were today, that all but 100% guarantees a horde expansion. And there's only a small handful of figures left as well to wrap up the vintage motu collection. Of course. There will always be desires of what we didn't get.
    Well... I will say that the dice in this game are fairly specific. You can't just open your bag of dice and grab a handful of extra and go. So extra dice could be pretty nice.

That said, my current hobby is molding and casting resin dice myself... so honestly, I'll pass on them and just make some more myself

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Well... I will say that the dice in this game are fairly specific. You can't just open your bag of dice and grab a handful of extra and go. So extra dice could be pretty nice.

That said, my current hobby is molding and casting resin dice myself... so honestly, I'll pass on them and just make some more myself
    Don't get me wrong, I'm grabbing a dice set because sharing dice among 5 people can become a nuisance, but my point was the extra dice set is by no means additional unique game content, nor any of the other items I mentioned. People looking to save money can cut out
    75 for the tower by using the 2D cardboard
    60 for the terrain by using the 2D cardboard
    35 for the play mat by using the cardboard game board
    12 for the dice by sharing the base set among friends.

That's $182 ($165 I think thr 220 bundle has a $15 savings) And honestly if it came down to it, and I had to choose between the 3 (we all know the Horde is coming) $50 themed character/scenario expansions or the upgraded 3D items, I'd choose the 3 character theme sets every time... because it's actual game content...

But I'm getting it all... because I have a problem when it comes to this property... as do many of us here! LOL

Court Magician
    I may be seeing things but tmrws reveal sure has the shape of the battle ram...
    Man, I hope so.

Normally I don't even recognise what you guys describe in the tease, but I can "see" the Battle Ram this time too!

Quote Originally Posted by Asher Tye View Post
    Rather makes me wish I knew how to paint miniatures.
    You know, I hadn't painted minis since I was a kid and been wanting to get back into it for the longest time. When the pandemic started and I was home a lot more, I decided to jump in.

Bought a couple paint sets online (not too much, just some starters), and some brushes, watched a few beginner tutorials, and after a few test/training attempts, I really managed to do some surprisingly nice paint jobs. Dry brushing, washes, all that stuff is actually a lot easier to do than I thought. Plus I've found painting to be a really relaxing, and creatively rewarding activity.

You should totally give it a shot. Worst case scenario, you can strip paint off or paint over mistakes.
    "It's not about how hard you can hit. It's about how hard you can get hit, how much you can take,
    and keep moving forward.
    That's how winning is done." -- Rocky Balboa

Lady slither is cool and all... but... two bad... stinkor... sy-klone... Rio blast... etc.. They're certainly making us hold on here
    And where's the Sorceress?

Iíve never done this for a game before, does the $220 pledge come with Plastic Grayskull Pack. Iím confused why it asks my to add it to my pledge. Bad enough Iím in for both expansions and maybe the mat.

Widget
    Pretty sure the next daily reveal is Cringer. He has his head down with paws on top of his head hiding.

Court Magician
    Is it just me, or would Kobra Khan have made more sense as a stretch goal for the core box, and Lady Slither included the Snake Men expansion?

Quote Originally Posted by Galmorzu View Post
    You know, I hadn't painted minis since I was a kid and been wanting to get back into it for the longest time. When the pandemic started and I was home a lot more, I decided to jump in.

Bought a couple paint sets online (not too much, just some starters), and some brushes, watched a few beginner tutorials, and after a few test/training attempts, I really managed to do some surprisingly nice paint jobs. Dry brushing, washes, all that stuff is actually a lot easier to do than I thought. Plus I've found painting to be a really relaxing, and creatively rewarding activity.

You should totally give it a shot. Worst case scenario, you can strip paint off or paint over mistakes.
    I would be so up for an expansion that has pre-painted figures! C'mon CMON take my money

I'm so far beyond wanting to paint these myself.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Quote Originally Posted by Galmorzu View Post

Hmm, good advice. Last time I painted one was Darkfyre from Dragon Strike (made him black with red claws.) The only real constraint would be finding the time.��. But it might definitely be worth looking up some tutorials on YouTube. Any you'd recommend?
    I am Imp's number one fan.

We got Lady Slyther!

$1300K is Swiftwind!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by ManKindRam View Post
    Iíve never done this for a game before, does the $220 pledge come with Plastic Grayskull Pack. Iím confused why it asks my to add it to my pledge. Bad enough Iím in for both expansions and maybe the mat.
    Yes, it comes with the $220.
    Its there if you want to add another.

On the last day they will likely have 2 'all in' pledges - one that gets you all the gameplay related add ons and one that adds everything (gameplay and cosmetic) so if the whole thing is doing your head in wait for those if you want most stuff.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by jibernish View Post
    And where's the Sorceress?
    Like most NPCs she's probably a daily reveal.

For that matter the more I think of her, the more I don't think there's room for her in the game. The Castle is 3D piece to 'conquer'... There's no room 'inside' the castle to play, and she can't leave the castle... So i'm not even sure what the point of her would be in an outdoor skirmish type game like this.

Does make me wonder if they'll bring in the two birds? I used to love those toys as a kid. Well... Only had Zoar, but had him 2 or 3 times...

I may be seeing things but tmrws reveal sure has the shape of the battle ram... tho I just don't see how such a thing would work
    Possibly, but I take back my previous guess. I totally think it's Cringer cowering after looking at his NPC token.

Possibly, but I take back my previous guess. I totally think it's Cringer cowering after looking at his NPC token.
    It's going to be cringer. There's a part of the lower left where you can make out what looks like the end of his curled tail. But a man can dream about battle ram dangit! Haha

It's going to be cringer. There's a part of the lower left where you can make out what looks like the end of his curled tail. But a man can dream about battle ram dangit! Haha
    It IS Cringer! He looks fantastic! Tomorrow MIGHT be Man-At-Arms with a mace? That's what I see in the picture, but I'm usually wrong on these.

It IS Cringer! He looks fantastic! Tomorrow MIGHT be Man-At-Arms with a mace? That's what I see in the picture, but I'm usually wrong on these.
    Man at arms with a mace is what I see too.

Could be Man-At-arms- but I think it's Flying Fists He-man. Shield on left arm, rotating boulder weapon in the right hand.

With so many vintage figures still to be revealed, I'd be disappointed if it was another version of Man-At-arms
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

We got Swiftwind!

$1350K is Fisto riding Stridor!

Quote Originally Posted by Asher Tye View Post
    Hmm, good advice. Last time I painted one was Darkfyre from Dragon Strike (made him black with red claws.) The only real constraint would be finding the time.��. But it might definitely be worth looking up some tutorials on YouTube. Any you'd recommend?
    Honestly my interest was piqued watching some of the mini painting episodes Critical Role had on their channel and their old Geek & Sundry channel. Then I literally just started searching for painting tutorials for beginners and there were just so many good ones I couldn't even narrow it down. A lot of good channels break down tutorials into sections like pre-work and using a primer on the figures, then ways to layer your colors, using washes and drybrushing. Seriously, just searching for tutorials for beginners will give you so many options, just grab one (especially any that walk you through in parts so they don't throw it all at you at once) and go for it. It's a lot of fun.
    "It's not about how hard you can hit. It's about how hard you can get hit, how much you can take,
    and keep moving forward.
    That's how winning is done." -- Rocky Balboa