Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTU Board Game coming from CMON - Discussion thread

Wow... everyone was wrong about today's daily reveal. It's Battle Axe He-Man!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by Otter View Post
    Is it just me, or would Kobra Khan have made more sense as a stretch goal for the core box, and Lady Slither included the Snake Men expansion?
    Yeah. Their character choices are super odd. Swift wind in the core set and yet no she ra in the core set is very odd.

The newest goals are fisto on stridor when we already have a fisto and donít have a solo stridor

And

He man with an axe!? Why not make it battle armor he man at least!?

I am feeling a ton less excitement about this game. I get things like sorceress etc are going to be stretch goals but those are still an Ďifí And not a guarantee.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Yeah. That is mighty disappointing. They could have made it battle armor at least.
    cogito ergo doleo

I'm starting to get super nervous. If CMON planned their stretch goals/releases based on an estimate of $3 million, we're not halfway there with 5 days left. A 30 day campaign instead of the 17 day one would have helped because of the added paydays for their customers.

There will definitely be a big sales bump with the obvious Horde add-on and the All-In add ons. There appear to be many people who only have options for the $110 and $220 sets right now too without any of the add-on options, so hopefully this gets fixed. That would also help generate more revenue.

I'm REALLY hoping we get all the unique MOTU and PoP figures, but Trap Jaw 2 and He-Man 2 have me very concerned.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

I'm starting to get super nervous. If CMON planned their stretch goals/releases based on an estimate of $3 million, we're not halfway there with 5 days left. A 30 day campaign instead of the 17 day one would have helped because of the added paydays for their customers.

There will definitely be a big sales bump with the obvious Horde add-on and the All-In add ons. There appear to be many people who only have options for the $110 and $220 sets right now too without any of the add-on options, so hopefully this gets fixed. That would also help generate more revenue.

I'm REALLY hoping we get all the unique MOTU and PoP figures, but Trap Jaw 2 and He-Man 2 have me very concerned.
    I think the lack of European backers are hurting us. And I'm not sure CMON planned for this to be so slow going. There's some big names who haven't gotten revealed yet and it's sort of disheartening because I'm sure they're planned for...
    It always takes me 10 minutes to figure out how to edit this signature

I want meteorbs dang nabbit!!!

Yeah a second trapjaw and a second normal he-man and a fisto on stridor when no regular mount stridor or nightmare don’t exist isn’t helping to sell me on this when characters like two bad or stinkor or Rioblast are Mia. I get they have a roadmap of stretch goals they are following but I think they may want to adjust that based on sales so we get the entire line.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jackstatic View Post
    I think the lack of European backers are hurting us. And I'm not sure CMON planned for this to be so slow going. There's some big names who haven't gotten revealed yet and it's sort of disheartening because I'm sure they're planned for...
    Yeah. I’m sure they are planned for but when we get fisto on stridor and he-man w axe it feels like they are on an old plan and we won’t get to core characters or mounts.

Again, I WANT to give them my money since I love motu and table top games but it seems like they are hitting warning bells for me than positive notes.
    Last edited by King Kahn; September 26, 2021 at 06:57pm.
    cogito ergo doleo

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    Yeah. Their character choices are super odd. Swift wind in the core set and yet no she ra in the core set is very odd.
    Swift wind isn't in the core box. He is in the strech goal box.
    The game that goes to retail will not have swiftwind in it. Swiftwind solo can't be obtained via stores at all - the she'ra on swifty can tho.

The odd one is why the snakemen pack is KS exclusive - not sure what the thinking there is!

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Like most NPCs she's probably a daily reveal.

For that matter the more I think of her, the more I don't think there's room for her in the game. The Castle is 3D piece to 'conquer'... There's no room 'inside' the castle to play, and she can't leave the castle... So i'm not even sure what the point of her would be in an outdoor skirmish type game like this.

Does make me wonder if they'll bring in the two birds? I used to love those toys as a kid. Well... Only had Zoar, but had him 2 or 3 times...
    Well if one of the missions is to conquer the castle, you can't just take the castle without the Sorceress getting involved. She defends that thing with her life so I would hope that it taken into consideration with the gameplay. Mind you I have never played a game like this and I'm not exactly sure how things work.

It would be a massive oversight to exclude her from the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah a second trapjaw and a second normal he-man and a fisto on stridor when no regular mount stridor or nightmare donít exist isnít helping to sell me on this when characters like two bad or stinkor or Rioblast are Mia. I get they have a roadmap of stretch goals they are following but I think they may want to adjust that based on sales so we get the entire line.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah. Iím sure they are planned for but when we get fisto on stridor and he-man w axe it feels like they are on an old plan and we wonít get to core characters or mounts.

Again, I WANT to give them my money since I love motu and table top games but it seems like they are hitting warning bells for me than positive notes.

Yeah this releasing of Bounty Hunter Trap-Jaw, Fisto on Stridor, Battle Axe He-Man, and even solo Battle Cat, Panthor, and Swiftwind is troubling to me too. I want to see one of every character possible before we start doubling up.

It's probably just newbie anxiety here talking.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrskeletor View Post
    Swift wind isn't in the core box. He is in the strech goal box.
    The game that goes to retail will not have swiftwind in it. Swiftwind solo can't be obtained via stores at all - the she'ra on swifty can tho.

The odd one is why the snakemen pack is KS exclusive - not sure what the thinking there is!
    Meh. Sort of the same difference. Backers would still be getting a swift wind and 0 pop characters,without buying the pop expansion, same thing with lady slither. Itís just a really odd way of doing it all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jibernish View Post
    Well if one of the missions is to conquer the castle, you can't just take the castle without the Sorceress getting involved. She defends that thing with her life so I would hope that it taken into consideration with the gameplay. Mind you I have never played a game like this and I'm not exactly sure how things work.

- - - Updated - - -

[/B]

Yeah this releasing of Bounty Hunter Trap-Jaw, Fisto on Stridor, Battle Axe He-Man, and even solo Battle Cat, Panthor, and Swiftwind is troubling to me too. I want to see one of every character possible before we start doubling up.

It's probably just newbie anxiety here talking.
    Yeah. I truly want to see all others others first before we started to see variants etc. Iím sure there are others like me that, if we are missing a few crucial characters but have two trap jaws will look at the game and say ďnice try but Iím goodĒ.
    cogito ergo doleo

The daily reveal is Laser Light Skeletor. He looks AWESOME!

The daily reveal is Laser Light Skeletor. He looks AWESOME!
    I wonder if you can have multiple variants of the same character on the same team.
    I am Imp's number one fan.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Asher Tye View Post
    I wonder if you can have multiple variants of the same character on the same team.
    You can unless you create a house rule against it.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Crash109 View Post
    You can unless you create a house rule against it.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
    Cool, make way for the Bone Brigade.

Heroic Warrior
    Laser Light Skeletor looks great but Battle Axe He-Man should've been Battle Armor He-Man with Battle Axe.

I know some creators will continue the stretch goals after the product is in the pledge manager phase. Has CMON ever done that?... Think they might?...
    My friend told me to stop quoting the Monkees. I thought she was joking. But then I saw her face.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Abell View Post
    Laser Light Skeletor looks great but Battle Axe He-Man should've been Battle Armor He-Man with Battle Axe.

I know some creators will continue the stretch goals after the product is in the pledge manager phase. Has CMON ever done that?... Think they might?...
    I agree about Battle Arnour.

The answer to your second question - yes! I read a VERY encouraging post yesterday. In one of CMON's past Kickstsrters, they did not reach all of the Stretch Goals. After pledge manager closed and the funds from China were added (they support through a different platform), they got more stretch goals unlocked! I don't know if it was ALL of them as I can't find the post anymore on Kickstarter, but it made me feel a lot better!

Court Magician
    Meh. Sort of the same difference. Backers would still be getting a swift wind and 0 pop characters,without buying the pop expansion, same thing with lady slither. Itís just a really odd way of doing it all.
    Doesn't it encourage people to pledge for the expansions? Doesn't seem that odd.

Heroic Warrior
    Of all the variant He-men it could have been... I NEVER saw that one coming. Though I did comment a while back about how 'toy based' the game is and I think one of the skeletor's had a power sword on his back.. So focusing ONLY with He-man's sword feels like a weird thing. It's like the power sword has become the iconic He-man weapon, when in the early days he never used it as a weapon... he had his axe.

Honestly, I'm kind of giddy over this figure. Not one I would have picked.. but I like it a lot better than any of the other variants. Especailly compared to the skeletor ones they've picked. I can tolerate Battle Armor and Thunder Punch (which would be a he-man with a ranged attack... c'mon) but hate the looks of Flying fist and Laser Light... and yet we got their skeletor counterparts. I hope they don't try matching them up and keep mixing things up like this.

Quote Originally Posted by jibernish View Post

Meh, I have no idea how 'defending the castle would look... but honestly she really sucked at that job anyway. Her version of 'defend the castle' was to put up a shield until Skeletor blasts it enough that she faints.

I know they have an old school toy vibe here, pre-sorceress, where either side will probably be able to 'hold the castle' and it won't be a 'good guy place at all times' kind of thing. And again... if Sorceress can't leave, then where does her figure go? She still feels like an NPC token at best, or maybe just a part of the scenario description. "The sorceress has called for aid and the heroes must answer the call..." kind of thing.

Honestly, I could see Green Goddess being released. She had a more active battlefield presence... or she can double as a Teela variant.

Court Magician

Meh, I have no idea how 'defending the castle would look... but honestly she really sucked at that job anyway. Her version of 'defend the castle' was to put up a shield until Skeletor blasts it enough that she faints.

I know they have an old school toy vibe here, pre-sorceress, where either side will probably be able to 'hold the castle' and it won't be a 'good guy place at all times' kind of thing. And again... if Sorceress can't leave, then where does her figure go? She still feels like an NPC token at best, or maybe just a part of the scenario description. "The sorceress has called for aid and the heroes must answer the call..." kind of thing.

Honestly, I could see Green Goddess being released. She had a more active battlefield presence... or she can double as a Teela variant.
    While I'd prefer the Goddess (and anything toy/Alcala/Glut related), with Adam and Orko already part of the campaign, we can be assured the Sorceress is a lock.

Of all the variant He-men it could have been... I NEVER saw that one coming. Though I did comment a while back about how 'toy based' the game is and I think one of the skeletor's had a power sword on his back.. So focusing ONLY with He-man's sword feels like a weird thing. It's like the power sword has become the iconic He-man weapon, when in the early days he never used it as a weapon... he had his axe.

Honestly, I'm kind of giddy over this figure. Not one I would have picked.. but I like it a lot better than any of the other variants. Especailly compared to the skeletor ones they've picked. I can tolerate Battle Armor and Thunder Punch (which would be a he-man with a ranged attack... c'mon) but hate the looks of Flying fist and Laser Light... and yet we got their skeletor counterparts. I hope they don't try matching them up and keep mixing things up like this.

Filmation didn't always do the best job with her powers, I'll grant you that. It wasn't her powers necessarily, it was just the need for the writers to create tension. She was underpowered in my opinion at times on the cartoon. But without her, He-Man would have had to move in to the Castle to keep it from Skeletor. Even then, she was the fount of knowledge that usually wound up telling He-Man what he needed to do to save the Castle, to save this person or that artifact that had those powers... etc. She was integral.

She did leave the castle occasionally even in the cartoon, usually to provide information or a warning. She had some powers even apart from Grayskull. She was pretty powerful before she ever set foot in the castle, which is why she was given the job. Again I don't know how these games work, but I know on a battle field the spread of information is crucial, so I don't see why that couldn't be part of the game.

I know this game isn't based on the cartoon, but if you asked 100 people if a game, of which one of the major selling points is the figures irrespective of gameplay, would be complete with out her, you'd get more than 50 saying no.

Heroic Warrior
    Yesterday was a slow day, maybe the slowest in the whole campaign. I was hoping for something announced today but it sounds like theyíre going to wait until the 48-hour mark. I imagine theyíre scrambling a bit with the funding level effectively stalled over the past day or so as well.

I expect we will get all the figures and characters they created, which would include core characters (even if theyíre NPCs), Iím just not sure how theyíre going to package them up if not as stretch goals.

Widget
    Where's the Horde expansion???

I was hoping we would get all of the original figures released, but we may be a few short. So far, seeing what CMON has released so far, I will say I wish this would have happened or will happen:

-Add-on: Horde Expansion (Hordak, Mantisaur, Mounted Hordak, Grizzlor, Leech, Mantenna, Modulok or MultiBot, Dragstor, Horda Trooper A x4, Horde Trooper B x4)
    -Add-on: Battle Armor Skeletor & He-man 2 pack
    -Add-on: Fisto v Jitsu w/Stridor & Nightmare (mounted & unmounted) Mounted Rules Expansion
    -Fill in the SG/DGs gaps from Fisto w/unreleased core characters
    -Add-on: DICE! Grayskull green, Snake Mountain purple, Slime Pit transparent green

With only a few days left, I am not sure Add-ons will make much of a difference before the KS closes, but I will GLADLY pay for a Horde expansion!

A Horde expansion has to be a given! I highly doubt they'd have a PoP and Snake Men expansion and NOT have a Horde expansion. I feel like they are just trying to save it for the last days as a final enticement.
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

Quote Originally Posted by wayne-klops View Post
    A Horde expansion has to be a given! I highly doubt they'd have a PoP and Snake Men expansion and NOT have a Horde expansion. I feel like they are just trying to save it for the last days as a final enticement.
    Clearly that's what they're doing. The same principle is why during the Classics line the core vintage characters were spread out over many years.

Daily unlock Goddess Teela!

It sounds like tomorrow might be the Horde Expansion.

Tomorrow's unlock looks like it could be arm cannon Hordak.

I think I'm missing something here. How are you guys getting hints at the next day's reveal? I see the graphic in the update, but it all looks white to me.

Quote Originally Posted by dorrmann View Post
    I think I'm missing something here. How are you guys getting hints at the next day's reveal? I see the graphic in the update, but it all looks white to me.

Basic shape of the white outline resembles characters that currently exist in only token form. I can't do it, but once the character is revealed the shape does look more obvious.
    Last edited by Asher Tye; September 28, 2021 at 08:44pm.