Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTU Board Game coming from CMON - Discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Friday, September 17th at 2pm EST:

From their Facebook:

- - - Updated - - -

We got Rokkon!

$950K - Zodac!

They upped the Stretch Goal. Tokens & Non-character items were 30K increases and Characters were 40K. Zodac is 50K!

We can still do it!
    We must be blowing through the stretch goals faster than they had anticipated. I've found that kick starters in general like to bring things as close to the last day as possible. Its a small marketing trick to pull people in on from off the fence OR get us backers to back extras and bonus items to help push us over the marks...

Everything from Buzz-Off thru the 2nd deadly plants was 30k apart (tokens and characters)
    From Extendar on, characters became 40k apart and the tokens like boulders were 30k, tho the objective tokens were also 40k, and now here we are, 50k from Zodac on it seems...... I think this might cap out here (I am hoping....)
    Last edited by jackstatic; September 16, 2021 at 12:20pm.
    It always takes me 10 minutes to figure out how to edit this signature

I want meteorbs dang nabbit!!!

Maybe. They have a nice, new graphic on their campaign page showing all the unlocked stuff together.

So far, we've unlocked:

- 14 playable characters
    - 1 NPC (King Randor)
    - 6 Deadly Plants (2 unique sculpts, 3 of each)
    - 6 Boulders
    - 6 Objective Tokens
    - 4 plastic Player Dashboards
    - 1 plastic Controller Dashboard
    - 2 curved, Terrain Overlays
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by Mrskeletor View Post
    The stretch goals are a bit fake, they plan them all in advance. We will get them all.
    I was really hoping that this was the case. Because say for instance the Sorceress or Whiplash or Man-E-Faces was a stretch goal and we didn't meet it, it would be a shame for the game to be lacking such key characters and yet include the likes of Rokkon or Extendar (cool characters, but arguably not as worthy of inclusion).

What I'm really dying to find out is what their full figure plan actually is. I really hope it includes at least all of the characters from the vintage line. PoP characters would be most welcome too. I wonder if they have rights to the full MOTUC roster, including FILMation characters (Shokoti), create-a-characters (Draego-Man), concepts (Vikor), 200x (King Grayskull), etc., etc. I'm dying to know!
    Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS COMPLETE COLLECTION GUIDE
    Featuring photos, bios, accessories, release dates, and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!

The daily reveal was Terror Claws Skeletor!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

The daily reveal was Terror Claws Skeletor!
    Honestly did not see that coming. Not at all what I guessed from the image either. Love that they're doing some vintage variants. It's interesting to note that he's more than just an alt sculpt, they're treating him as a unique character type with unique card skills it seems. Love it.

Tmrws drop looks a little plain and square, cards maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by jackstatic View Post
    Honestly did not see that coming. Not at all what I guessed from the image either. Love that they're doing some vintage variants. It's interesting to note that he's more than just an alt sculpt, they're treating him as a unique character type with unique card skills it seems. Love it.

Tmrws drop looks a little plain and square, cards maybe?

That was really cool to see a variant be unique!

I have NO idea what tomorrow's daily reveal is, so I'm going to go with a wild guess of Attack Track from the top view. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by jackstatic View Post
    I didn't even consider the idea of adding the variations of He-Man and Skeletor. Interesting, but it will be a little annoying if we have multiple He-Man/Skeletor and miss out on a pivotal character. That's what the Origins toy shelves are for.

Heroic Master of Music baileyrecords's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratos88 View Post
    I didn't even consider the idea of adding the variations of He-Man and Skeletor. Interesting, but it will be a little annoying if we have multiple He-Man/Skeletor and miss out on a pivotal character. That's what the Origins toy shelves are for.
    Well get them all. Rokon?? Who woulda thunk. Might not see much in the way of Horde or Snakemen but we’ll get the main Heman and Skeletor characters

Would be fun to get the Meteorbs!!
    I am Stratos, Heroic Master of Music! and proud member of the Ohio Masters

Creator of Kaiju Kaos.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Wakko View Post
    I was really hoping that this was the case. Because say for instance the Sorceress or Whiplash or Man-E-Faces was a stretch goal and we didn't meet it, it would be a shame for the game to be lacking such key characters and yet include the likes of Rokkon or Extendar (cool characters, but arguably not as worthy of inclusion).
    They have to because they wouldn't have time to start doing characters from scratch now. The game is already halfway through it's development cycle.
    The only change would be HOW you get the figures - if a campaign underperformed they may make some of the planned stretch goals a paid expansion (but we'd never know.)

Quote Originally Posted by baileyrecords View Post
    Might not see much in the way of Horde or Snakemen but we’ll get the main Heman and Skeletor characters
    I'd say the reveal of Mosquitor pretty much guarantees we're getting at least Hordak, Grizzlor, Leech, Mantenna, and Modulok, and probably more. (Fingers crossed for Shadow Weaver and Catra.) I think the biggest question mark right now is the Snake Men.

- - - Updated - - -

They have to because they wouldn't have time to start doing characters from scratch now. The game is already halfway through it's development cycle.
    The only change would be HOW you get the figures - if a campaign underperformed they may make some of the planned stretch goals a paid expansion (but we'd never know.)
    Understood. I feel like I'm getting a kickstarter education this week.
    Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS COMPLETE COLLECTION GUIDE
    Featuring photos, bios, accessories, release dates, and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!

It looks like they are doing a "Week in Review" update on Youtube tomorrow. That'd be a great place to announce some addons or expansions. C'mon Snake Men!

The stretch goals are a bit fake, they plan them all in advance. We will get them all.
    The fact they have increased the amount between means the game is selling better than they were expecting at this point. They use the cost to pace the goals so that they last the whole campaign (otherwise they'd run out before the end.)
    Not necessarily. I've been on Kickstarters for licensed board games before that never finished their stretch goals and/or finished without completing certain teams or groups of characters they were building toward. I've also been part of Kickstarters where the costs of those stretch goals weren't properly figured out and unlocked faster than the creators could actually afford, so they had to pay out of pocket to complete fulfillment.

Granted there's a lot of research and legwork beforehand to figure out how much they need, how much they can expect to make by the end, and how they can spread stretch goals to keep momentum, but it's not a sure thing and sometimes fans lose out seeing all they want.

And then sometimes when things slow down, the creators shorten the stretch goal amounts to make them unlock faster to be sure they all get released. In those cases, it's totally a case of them being able to do everything earlier than they let on. And even more extreme, there have been some, as well as at least one Haslab project, where final goals weren't reached but they're included anyway.

Long story short, kinda-sorta, but it's not ALWAYS a sure thing you'll see all stretch goals.
    "It's not about how hard you can hit. It's about how hard you can get hit, how much you can take,
    and keep moving forward.
    That's how winning is done." -- Rocky Balboa

Heroic Warrior
    Considering that Archon's game has both the Snake Men and the Horde (with Filmation characters) I'm sure that they'll appear here especially since CMON has already gone deeper with Rokkon and Extendar. Didn't someone above say that CMON has said that NA and the movie weren't included?... I'd say that means everything else is potentially coming before this ends. I'd guess a box for POP, one for the Horde and one for the Snake Men maybe one for vehicles. I wonder more if there will be a Snake Mountain set or something else big.
    My friend told me to stop quoting the Monkees. I thought she was joking. But then I saw her face.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Galmorzu View Post
    Not necessarily. I've been on Kickstarters for licensed board games before that never finished their stretch goals and/or finished without completing certain teams or groups of characters they were building toward. I've also been part of Kickstarters where the costs of those stretch goals weren't properly figured out and unlocked faster than the creators could actually afford, so they had to pay out of pocket to complete fulfillment.

Granted there's a lot of research and legwork beforehand to figure out how much they need, how much they can expect to make by the end, and how they can spread stretch goals to keep momentum, but it's not a sure thing and sometimes fans lose out seeing all they want.

And then sometimes when things slow down, the creators shorten the stretch goal amounts to make them unlock faster to be sure they all get released. In those cases, it's totally a case of them being able to do everything earlier than they let on. And even more extreme, there have been some, as well as at least one Haslab project, where final goals weren't reached but they're included anyway.

Long story short, kinda-sorta, but it's not ALWAYS a sure thing you'll see all stretch goals.
    I should clarify I'm talking about CMON kickstarters, who have the system down pat. This is their 49th kickstarter.
    They don't drop (nor add) stuff that isn't in their roadmap unless they absolutely have to, as in the early days they learned doing so stuffs up their delivery timelines.

Don't let this stop you getting excited tho, I'm just telling people not to stress, lol.

LOL, is this your first CMON kickstarter?

Spoilers below if it is.....

The fact they have increased the amount between means the game is selling better than they were expecting at this point. They use the cost to pace the goals so that they last the whole campaign (otherwise they'd run out before the end.)
    good to know. thanks for the heads up.
    cogito ergo doleo

My son and I are loving it. Board game kickstarters are always fun but this is obviously on another level. Hoping for an expansion add on tomorrow!
    12 Step Rebels-Erie Americana Punk Rock/Psychobilly
    https://music.apple.com/us/artist/12...ebels/28428100

Heroic Warrior

We got Zodac!

$950K for Stonedar!

We got Zodac!

$950K for Stonedar!
    Do you think we'd get a Zodak? I don't remember hearing about MYP/200x being on or off the table. I guess you can paint yours whichever color you want, but it'd be cool to get them both.

Quote Originally Posted by jibernish View Post
    Do you think we'd get a Zodak? I don't remember hearing about MYP/200x being on or off the table. I guess you can paint yours whichever color you want, but it'd be cool to get them both.
    If there is a Snake Men expansion like I'm hoping for it'd be cool to throw in Zodak as a bonus figure. We'll see!

I should clarify I'm talking about CMON kickstarters, who have the system down pat. This is their 49th kickstarter.
    They don't drop (nor add) stuff that isn't in their roadmap unless they absolutely have to, as in the early days they learned doing so stuffs up their delivery timelines.

Don't let this stop you getting excited tho, I'm just telling people not to stress, lol.
    It should also be noted that with this being licensed, it all needs to be pre-approved by Mattel.
    With that said, for zombicide: Undead or Alive they did make the cactus queen as the final stretch goals due to overwhelming fan request and as such they didnt have any models or mock ups to show, just an artist drawing.

I do not except this will have any last minute fan requested items tho, as again, needing licensor approval, Im excited for the potential add on packs they've done for other games with large mini dumps, otherwise I don't see us getting even just the vintage line in its entirety of characters.

Quote Originally Posted by jibernish View Post
    It sounds like they have access to everything, so it's possible. They only confirmed no New Adventures or Movie stuff will be in this, but they pulled from many sources.

One thing that's interesting to note...

Stonedar's design appears to be "inspired by" He-Man.org's gbagok. I knew I never saw that loincloth/skirt officially before, and it looked more of a 200X look. gbagok re-imagined pretty much every MOTU, NA and PoP character in that style and that's what this miniature looks like.

It's kind of strange, because Michael said they were all based on the 80's toys. I'm guessing the sculptor went this route to help further differentiate Rokkon and Stonedar from one another?
    Last edited by Darkspecter; September 17, 2021 at 01:14pm.

She-Ra expansion announced! Nice!

She-Ra Expansion Confirmed!!!!!!

Oh my God, it's awesome! The main PoP characters, She-Ra AND She-Ra on Swiftwind. Brightmoon Archers! AHHHH! SO excited!!!!

KOWL IS EXCLUSIVE TO KICKSTARTER!

- - - Updated - - -

She-Ra on Swiftwind is GLORIOUS!!!! SO beautiful!

- - - Updated - - -

No Madame Razz.

It sounds like no Filmation She-Ra anything. That would mean no Shadow Weaver, Scorpia or Octavia. We will see though. Michael said She-Ra rights are tricky.
    Last edited by Darkspecter; September 17, 2021 at 02:58pm.

She-Ra rights sounds like a complicated situation.

I'm not super into POP, so I'm not sure that I'll grab this expansion. Depends on how much they are asking, I suppose.

Edit: It'll be interesting to see how much the total jumps with this addon. Hopefully it knocks out a couple stretch goals at least.