Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTU Board Game coming from CMON - Discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Daily Reveal: Power Containers!

I like this instead of having the power cubes lying around all over.

Tomorrow looks like it may be Fisto!
    I will be surprised if the daily reveal is fisto since he should be in the game proper. I figure the daily stuff was variants like terror skeletor or upgrading NPCs like marlena and cringer.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    The characters aren't die-cast, are they?
    No, they are plastic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jackstatic View Post
    Double sided neoprene mat add one with tracker bar on it. $35. Not necessarily what anyone was asking for. I'm having less and less hope we will see a snakemen expansion. Still 99% positive we will see that horde expansion
    I am almost positive we will get snakemen and horde expansions.

the mat is basically 3' x 1.5' that is HUGE

So if I were to buy everything right now it is nearly 490.00! ouch... and with still some more expansions this is pricey as hell.
    cogito ergo doleo

It'd be nice if it's fisto but my guess is either man at arms holding the mace or flying fist or thunder punch heman variants.
    It probably is Thunder Punch. Lol

- - - Updated - - -

I'm a tad nervous about the low number of backers. Looking at their past campaigns, the final number seems to usually be 12 000 to 24 000 (approximately). We currently have 5 545. We do need to keep in mind all of Europe is excluded from this campaign and wasn't for any of the others, and apparently, Europeans are a big chunk of sales. *nervous*

- - - Updated - - -

We got Scareglow!!!!

1200K is Panthor!

- - - Updated - - -

NEWS!

Isa from CMON just answered a question! When asked if we would see a Horde or Snakemen add-on soon, this was her answer:

"Maybe, if we unlock Panthor..."
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

I have to wonder, if we do get the Horde, what are the chances there will also be a plastic Castle Brightmoon similar to Grayskull? Or would Grayskull be it for the big plastic set pieces.
    I am Imp's number one fan.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Asher Tye View Post
    I have to wonder, if we do get the Horde, what are the chances there will also be a plastic Castle Brightmoon similar to Grayskull? Or would Grayskull be it for the big plastic set pieces.
    I think we'd get snake mountain before any etheria landmarks.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Crash109 View Post
    I think we'd get snake mountain before any etheria landmarks.

I'm just thinking since the idea was for an iconic location for the two factions to battle over, Brightmoon would make more sense than Snake Mountain as a counterpart to Grayskull
    I am Imp's number one fan.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Asher Tye View Post
    I don't expect any more big pieces. Castle Grayskull has always been the centerpiece of the franchise. The Great Rebellion and Horde are going to be 'add ons' expansions, so I don't expect them to get their own castles. If anything it would have probably been Crystal Castle since that was more iconic than Brightmoon Castle.

For that matter I don't expect Snake Mountain either. I could be wrong... but I wouldn't have huge hopes for it. Grayskull was always the 'goal'. Invade or Defend... None of the other playsets really had 'main play setting'.

I'd love some wave 1&2 vehicles... Battle Ram, Wind Raider and Attak Trak would have me over the moon... but I just have a feeling that they are limiting the amount of 'mounts' in the gameplay. The leaders each have one... Maybe Mantisaur for Hordak?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by jibernish View Post
    I think one of the developers/designers of the game said that did that on purpose. Zodac was originally an evil warrior and they decided to go back to that, but they did say you can have him switch sides if you like.
    The rulebook has a free for all "mode" where you can just pick anyone for your team. I put 'mode' in '' because its the exact same game you just pick from any faction at the start.
    So if you want to have he-man and skeletor team up, you can.

Zodak will have 'evil' color border, but you can play him as a good guy (which is what I will do.)

I suspect they made him default evil to balance the numbers since the goodies have the most characters.

- - - Updated - - -

Double sided neoprene mat add one with tracker bar on it. $35. Not necessarily what anyone was asking for. I'm having less and less hope we will see a snakemen expansion. Still 99% positive we will see that horde expansion
    Both snakemen & Horde will get an expansion.
    It's actually fun watching "newbies" follow this, I've seen enough CMON campaigns to know the formula. The timing totally says 2 or 3 more add ons.

For those who haven't Kick Started before the campaign will trickle to the end (with little boosts when add ons come) until the last 48 hours, where there is a big surge and it feels like day 1 again with lots of unlocks.

I strongly doubt you'll see another castle.
    The mat is skippable unless you are really into them.
    Last edited by Mrskeletor; September 23, 2021 at 06:12am.

Snake Mountain would make sense for rescue missions. But I'm not betting on there being one.

Widget
    Still waiting on that Horde expansion set...

Quote Originally Posted by UsernameMDM View Post
    Still waiting on that Horde expansion set...
    If they do a Friday update video tomorrow they will probably announce it then.

Two more Fridays, two more expansions most likely.

I was really excited for this when it was first announced, but now I'm very likely not to bite. Of course, the price is a concern, but I'm used to that.

- I've spent way too much money over the last two and a half months trying to complete my 200x collection (staction figures ain't cheap, man!)

- I've never played a board game I've purchased from KS. They've all eventually been resold or traded.

- I'm concerned about "pre-1st edition" quality control, although I know CMON has 6.3 metric f-tons of experience with games and KS.

- I'm worried that based on the current supply interruptions, uncertainty with COVID, etc., the game and components will be delayed (perhaps indefinitely).

- With the current state of the world, I should probably spend that money on dehydrated food.

Fisto revealed today

Oh, wow! It WAS Fisto for the Daily Reveal!

Tomorrow appears to be cards or trays. Too hard to tell.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Oh, wow! It WAS Fisto for the Daily Reveal!

Tomorrow appears to be cards or trays. Too hard to tell.

I am shocked it's fisto! I'm very happy about it tho
    It always takes me 10 minutes to figure out how to edit this signature

I want meteorbs dang nabbit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by FASAfan View Post
    I was really excited for this when it was first announced, but now I'm very likely not to bite. Of course, the price is a concern, but I'm used to that.

- I've spent way too much money over the last two and a half months trying to complete my 200x collection (staction figures ain't cheap, man!)

- I've never played a board game I've purchased from KS. They've all eventually been resold or traded.

- I'm concerned about "pre-1st edition" quality control, although I know CMON has 6.3 metric f-tons of experience with games and KS.

- I'm worried that based on the current supply interruptions, uncertainty with COVID, etc., the game and components will be delayed (perhaps indefinitely).

- With the current state of the world, I should probably spend that money on dehydrated food.
    Yeah, I am still on he fence do to the rising all in cost.

Also agreed that most of my games i have bought sit unplayed even though I love them.

I wouldn't worry about the quality since they aren't new to the gaming world and the shipping fiasco should hopefully right itself by the time they want to ship over a year from now.
    cogito ergo doleo

Heroic Warrior
    Was counting on the all-in to be around $300, maybe $350, but it looks like it's going to be a lot more than that now... I don't think I'm going to be able to all-in by next Friday (where did I get the idea that this was going to run for a month?...). Will I be able to all-in during the pledge manager?... Will the "Kickstarter Exclusive" items still be included during that phase?...
    My friend told me to stop quoting the Monkees. I thought she was joking. But then I saw her face.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Abell View Post
    Was counting on the all-in to be around $300, maybe $350, but it looks like it's going to be a lot more than that now... I don't think I'm going to be able to all-in by next Friday (where did I get the idea that this was going to run for a month?...). Will I be able to all-in during the pledge manager?... Will the "Kickstarter Exclusive" items still be included during that phase?...
    This is my first kickstarter so I'm just relaying what I've read. It sounds like an all-in pledge often just include gameplay, so in this case probably the $220 package plus She-Ra and Horde and Snakemen expansions (if they exist). The upgraded game pieces will probably still be additional, so you may be able to get by with something close to $350 if you aren't interested in the other add-ons. Also, it sounds like anyone who pledges at least $1 will be able to access everything including the exclusives in the pledge manager. Someone else who knows more than me can correct me if I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Abell View Post
    The way it typically works is they will bill you for whatever you pledged when the thing ends. Then 2 to 3 months later (sometimes sooner) we will get our pledge manager from backerkit where we have to confirm all of our info, address, what we ACTUALLY want to get and can add on stuff Ala carte, let's say you pledged the 220 level you didn't really buy that, you backed it. You'll have $220 in credit and have to confirm what u want. If u want more or a higher tier you make the change and pay the difference. This is also when the shipping gets charged. Only downside is these add ons dont get added to the goal total.

Heroic Warrior
    The way it typically works is they will bill you for whatever you pledged when the thing ends. Then 2 to 3 months later (sometimes sooner) we will get our pledge manager from backerkit where we have to confirm all of our info, address, what we ACTUALLY want to get and can add on stuff Ala carte, let's say you pledged the 220 level you didn't really buy that, you backed it. You'll have $220 in credit and have to confirm what u want. If u want more or a higher tier you make the change and pay the difference. This is also when the shipping gets charged. Only downside is these add ons dont get added to the goal total.
    To be clear, you can change your pledge anytime before the Kickstarter clock runs out right?

Quote Originally Posted by Crash109 View Post
    To be clear, you can change your pledge anytime before the Kickstarter clock runs out right?

Pretty sure, yes, I've never done that for a CMON game myself but I did it for Archons wolfenstein game which I ended up not getting because another game dropped like 2 weeks into the campaign and I wanted that one more. Also Sometimes people will just pledge $1, so they get all updates and are considered a backer but don't invest more than that until the backerkit comes in. Again, doesn't help unlock anything but if gives you time to think and plan

Wrath of Snake Mountain - Snakemen Add-On!!!

Awesome! Snake Men expansion!

This is going to be a $500 game isn't it? Ugh...
    Last edited by Stratos88; September 24, 2021 at 03:06pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos88 View Post
    Awesome! Snake Men expansion!

This is going to be a $500 game isn't it? Ugh...
    If not more.... lol no need to get everything tho. The dice, neoprene mat and 3D terrain (and even the plastic castle) are just vanity upgrades.

Of course.....

I'll be getting them....

I'm very glad snake men were today, that all but 100% guarantees a horde expansion. And there's only a small handful of figures left as well to wrap up the vintage motu collection. Of course. There will always be desires of what we didn't get.

Lady Slither stretch goal!!!
    Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS COMPLETE COLLECTION GUIDE
    Featuring photos, bios, accessories, release dates, and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!