Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast

Thread: MOTU Board Game coming from CMON - Discussion thread

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by Sllohcin View Post
    I just realized that I can request a refund (100%) if within 14 days of the project closing (which I just did). This makes it a LOT easier as now I don't need to try to sell my pledge, etc. I had no idea!
    Always pledge $1. That way, at the worst, you lose $1 if you don't want it, or you have access to the pledge manager when it opens and can get whatever you want then.

Heroic Master of Music baileyrecords's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UsernameMDM View Post
    Always pledge $1. That way, at the worst, you lose $1 if you don't want it, or you have access to the pledge manager when it opens and can get whatever you want then.
    I do this from time to time too but honestly it really hurts the little guys trying to bring stuff to the market. Imagine if everyone had this mentality… nothing would fund.
    I am Stratos, Heroic Master of Music! and proud member of the Ohio Masters

Creator of Kaiju Kaos.

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by baileyrecords View Post
    I do this from time to time too but honestly it really hurts the little guys trying to bring stuff to the market. Imagine if everyone had this mentality… nothing would fund.
    I meant with CMON.

Quote Originally Posted by UsernameMDM View Post
    I meant with CMON.
    Yeah it’s easier with the guaranteed funded campaigns but I’ll also argue that if everyone intending to buy at least a minimum pledge (more than $1) in the pledge manager pledged their amount during the active campaign more stretch goals might be unlocked. Like maybe Syclone and Jitsu. 😎

Creator of Kaiju Kaos.

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by baileyrecords View Post
    Yeah it’s easier with the guaranteed funded campaigns but I’ll also argue that if everyone intending to buy at least a minimum pledge (more than $1) in the pledge manager pledged their amount during the active campaign more stretch goals might be unlocked. Like maybe Syclone and Jitsu. 😎
    Bro, when you're over $2mil and the next SG is $100k away AND a box...that's the end. CMON didn't have anything left in the tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Sllohcin View Post
    I just realized that I can request a refund (100%) if within 14 days of the project closing (which I just did). This makes it a LOT easier as now I don't need to try to sell my pledge, etc. I had no idea!
    Congrats. I know that must take a load off.

I’m one of those deplorables that “bid a dollar”, lol. I’m seriously thinking of forfeiting it. At this point, the only reason I have t is because this may be the only chance for me to get 3D representations of characters that I thought I’d never own, especially the POP figures.

I’ve owned and currently own too many games I haven’t played and, as I get older, I can’t fool myself as well as I once did that “one day - ONE DAY - I’ll play those unplayed games!”

Off topic: Let me ask a burning question:

Aside from paying the artist and the licensing fee, does it take +enter stretch goal amount here+ to produce one KS exclusive figure? I assume it’s a “hype thing”, which means that CMON could produce every single MOTU character known to mankind if they wanted to.

Last edited by FASAfan; October 4, 2021 at 01:37pm.

Archon just announced they will be offering He-Man and Battle Cat for €20 in their Pledge Manager. Hopefully CMON does something similar with the missing characters. Some SHOULD be unlocked from China and Retailer pledges, but an optional expansion pack to finish off the characters would be awesome!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Archon just announced they will be offering He-Man and Battle Cat for €20 in their Pledge Manager. Hopefully CMON does something similar with the missing characters. Some SHOULD be unlocked from China and Retailer pledges, but an optional expansion pack to finish off the characters would be awesome!
    If they do that i will move my pledge back up to all in.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FASAfan View Post
    Congrats. I know that must take a load off.

I’m one of those deplorables that “bid a dollar”, lol. I’m seriously thinking of forfeiting it. At this point, the only reason I have t is because this may be the only chance for me to get 3D representations of characters that I thought I’d never own, especially the POP figures.

I’ve owned and currently own too many games I haven’t played and, as I get older, I can’t fool myself as well as I once did that “one day - ONE DAY - I’ll play those unplayed games!”

Off topic: Let me ask a burning question:

Aside from paying the artist and the licensing fee, does it take +enter stretch goal amount here+ to produce one KS exclusive figure? I assume it’s a “hype thing”, which means that CMON could produce every single MOTU character known to mankind if they wanted to.

Yup I went to 1.00 as well. Part of it was missing core figures but also part of it was "DO I NEED another game that sits there and doesn't get played?"
    cogito ergo doleo

People are really this upset that the game doesn't have a dozen or so characters when it DOES have over 100 characters?

I'm not someone who plays these kinds of games, so I don't get a lot of the concerns and criticisms in this thread, such as the game being a supposed "flop" when it funded over $2 million and had over 8k backers. That seems in line with the hardcore MOTU fan base, even a bit better than I would have expected.

If this was MOTU Classics type action figure line, I can understand being upset. But missing a few of the 200+ "essential" MOTU characters in 2" representation for a board game is just not something I can get all that ruffled about. I'm not going to throw out the baby with the bathwater because Jitsu and Sy-Klone aren't there when everything else looks really amazing.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

Quote Originally Posted by wayne-klops View Post
    People are really this upset that the game doesn't have a dozen or so characters when it DOES have over 100 characters?

I'm not someone who plays these kinds of games, so I don't get a lot of the concerns and criticisms in this thread, such as the game being a supposed "flop" when it funded over $2 million and had over 8k backers. That seems in line with the hardcore MOTU fan base, even a bit better than I would have expected.

If this was MOTU Classics type action figure line, I can understand being upset. But missing a few of the 200+ "essential" MOTU characters in 2" representation for a board game is just not something I can get all that ruffled about. I'm not going to throw out the baby with the bathwater because Jitsu and Sy-Klone aren't there when everything else looks really amazing.

I think it would be one thing if characters were missing because the kickstarter didn't get enough support. People would accept that. But in this case, characters are missing because CMON didn't prioritize them correctly. There are figures included that no one would have missed, and they are taking the place of characters that customers actually wanted.

Place Jitsu and Sy-Klone instead of mini-He-Mans and mini-Skeletors, and not a single soul would have asked why those minis were not included.
    Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS COMPLETE COLLECTION GUIDE
    Featuring photos, bios, accessories, release dates, and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!

Quote Originally Posted by wayne-klops View Post

Well I never called it a flop. It got funded over the original asking goal so it def isn’t a flop.

To go all in, and ensure you get all the Kickstarter exclusive content that means dropping half a grand on the “ultimate motu gaming experience”.

For half a grand, we are missing some core characters, while we got a second trap jaw, MAA, etc.

It doesn’t feel like a complete game to everyone. Sure the 100+ miniatures that are in it are fine but for 500.00 people are fully entitled to not be 100% happy.

Imagine if we got all the motuc figures at once and you knew that was your one shot at getting the characters. Those glaring omissions start to become a bigger issue.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wakko View Post
    I think it would be one thing if characters were missing because the kickstarter didn't get enough support. People would accept that. But in this case, characters are missing because CMON didn't prioritize them correctly. There are figures included that no one would have missed, and they are taking the place of characters that customers actually wanted.

Place Jitsu and Sy-Klone instead of mini-He-Mans and mini-Skeletors, and not a single soul would have asked why those minis were not included.
    Exactly. They added in fluff to the campaign but underestimated the lack of euro backers, overestimated how much the stretch goals should be (they even back down in the amount between goals etc and then back up) and get through.
    Last edited by King Kahn; October 4, 2021 at 09:23pm.
    cogito ergo doleo

Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    Well I never called it a flop. It got funded over the original asking goal so it def isn’t a flop.

To go all in, and ensure you get all the Kickstarter exclusive content that means dropping half a grand on the “ultimate motu gaming experience”.

For half a grand, we are missing some core characters, while we got a second trap jaw, MAA, etc.

It doesn’t feel like a complete game to everyone. Sure the 100+ miniatures that are in it are fine but for 500.00 people are fully entitled to not be 100% happy.

Imagine if we got all the motuc figures at once and you knew that was your one shot at getting the characters. Those glaring omissions start to become a bigger issue.

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly. They added in fluff to the campaign but underestimated the lack of euro backers, overestimated how much the stretch goals should be (they even back down in the amount between goals etc and then back up) and get through.
    I went ahead and backed it all in because I know myself. I would regret not doing it.

But I don't feel great about it because of the characters we missed. One of the major selling points for the game for me was the chance to have most of the mythos, all in one shot. I missed out on Classics and I don't have $25k+ to throw around. Vintage is way too expensive for the characters I'm missing (giants, laser lights, dinosaurs, Eternia, etc). And I doubt we get very close to complete with any other line we ever get, including Origins and Masterverse. I hope I'm wrong on that, but this seemed to be the shot at getting most of the world. And we got a redundant MAA, minis, etc. I even would prefer to send Battle Cat, Panthor, and Stridor back (the unmounted versions) to get Jitsu, Syklone, and the Giants...

Though, I guess we don't have the vehicles either. And Snake Mountain. So it never was going to be complete. Hopefully some 3d sculptors can help us for not too exorbitant a price.

And I don't even know if I'll play the game. I just wanted the minis.

CMON has done expansion KS campaigns for Zombicide and others. I will
    Wager they’ll put together a Snake Mountain centric sequel to this campaign that will launch Q4 of next year or Q1 of 2023.

Creator of Kaiju Kaos.

Personally, I wouldn't be counting on them releasing those few missing characters with our campaign.... I know someone said it was done once before (I believe for Arcadia Quest) but that is many years ago and for their own IP. I can verify nothing was added for zombicide: undead or alive, and I think with mattel involved that just wont happen here.

Im not cancelling my pledge because I am sure excited for this game and am a heavy gamer and know that ultimately these few missing figures will not be an issue. I don't begrudge people who did cancel their pledges, or are asking for a refund. I get it, theres some gaps and some bitter reminders of what we didn't get.

For me, I always knew there was a chance we weren't going to get everything, and once they started doing riderless mounts and variants and mini minions my fears were all but confirmed. I also knew that getting ALL of motu was a pipe dream.

It sure would have been nice tho....

but the European backers wouldn't have helped a terrible amount. Sure we would have maybe gotten a few more stretch goals but lets be real, those 50k gaps would have become 100k games much much sooner than they had. and there is no guarantee we wouldnt have gotten more variants either.

From a game play perspective there is so much content here that Sy-Klone, Dragstor and Jitsu (the movie trio, tops and multibot were always long shots) will not be missed. From a fan perspective everything we don't have is missed.

We all just gotta decide which perspective outweighs the other. I just hope no one here has regret or remorse over cancelling the product cause these things have a tendency to jump in price.

Overall though it was a wild ride here with you all the last 3 weeks!
    It always takes me 10 minutes to figure out how to edit this signature

I want meteorbs dang nabbit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jackstatic View Post
    Personally, I wouldn't be counting on them releasing those few missing characters with our campaign.... I know someone said it was done once before (I believe for Arcadia Quest) but that is many years ago and for their own IP. I can verify nothing was added for zombicide: undead or alive, and I think with mattel involved that just wont happen here.

Im not cancelling my pledge because I am sure excited for this game and am a heavy gamer and know that ultimately these few missing figures will not be an issue. I don't begrudge people who did cancel their pledges, or are asking for a refund. I get it, theres some gaps and some bitter reminders of what we didn't get.

For me, I always knew there was a chance we weren't going to get everything, and once they started doing riderless mounts and variants and mini minions my fears were all but confirmed. I also knew that getting ALL of motu was a pipe dream.

It sure would have been nice tho....

but the European backers wouldn't have helped a terrible amount. Sure we would have maybe gotten a few more stretch goals but lets be real, those 50k gaps would have become 100k games much much sooner than they had. and there is no guarantee we wouldnt have gotten more variants either.

From a game play perspective there is so much content here that Sy-Klone, Dragstor and Jitsu (the movie trio, tops and multibot were always long shots) will not be missed. From a fan perspective everything we don't have is missed.

We all just gotta decide which perspective outweighs the other. I just hope no one here has regret or remorse over cancelling the product cause these things have a tendency to jump in price.

Overall though it was a wild ride here with you all the last 3 weeks!
    Thanks jackstatic, you nailed where I was on the decision. The game looks awesome and there is so much to it BUT, for me, I was extra excited for it because it was ALSO a collection. I simply approached this game wrong. The cost outweighs the game at the moment because of the very few missing characters which are quite noticable to me. I essentially lost near half my interest if you consider this. I know I would like this game a lot but I'm also okay not getting it via my rational and then looking at how much it costs. I will definitely not try to dissuade any folks from being on board with it either. Some of you may know that I would never do such a thing. I'm sure it will be an awesome game for all those getting it and again, it's just not currently a fit for me is all Who knows though, maybe they'll make some additions / changes that I had hoped for before the Late Pledge has closed and I'll opt back in (I'm only 1 of 8,000+ buyers so it's a HUGE success regardless of my wants )

This SORT OF goes with the current topic.

CMON has JUST opened pre-orders for 3 Ghostbuster packs for their Zombicide Board Game. They're limited and available at a discounted price of $45 for 9 characters and their cards (plus the shipping cost*).

https://cmon.com/product/zombicide/ghostbusters-packs

I would LOVE to see them do this for the missing MOTU and PoP characters.

*If anyone's curious about the shipping to Ontario: $19.76 ($85.36 Canadian, total). I thought they would be fun to have with my CMON MOTU minis. I do not have Zombicide. lol
    Last edited by Darkspecter; October 5, 2021 at 03:31pm.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

This SORT OF goes with the current topic.

CMON has JUST opened pre-orders for 3 Ghostbuster packs for their Zombicide Board Game. They're limited and available at a discounted price of $45 for 9 characters and their cards (plus the shipping cost*).

https://cmon.com/product/zombicide/ghostbusters-packs

I would LOVE to see them do this for the missing MOTU and PoP characters.

*If anyone's curious about the shipping to Ontario: $19.76 ($85.36 Canadian, total). I thought they would be fun to have with my CMON MOTU minis. I do not have Zombicide. lol
    I skipped the GB Kickstarter back in the day but I had my order in today by 3:05! I was honestly expecting to pay way more based on the prices I paid during campaigns for TMNT and Usagi Yojimbo.

For me personally, all the MOTU + TMNT + GB will plan nicely in my Kaiju Kaos game

Creator of Kaiju Kaos.

I don't know how much good it will do, but I just begged CMON for the missing characters. Lol Here are my posts:

@CMON, after the pledges from China and Retailer pledges are added, could we unlock more figures? Also, could you PLEASE give us the option of buying the missing figures as add-ons? We're not missing too much! 44 MOTU and PoP figures total (all unique characters, variants, Stridor unmounted, Jitsu on Night Stalker, Night Stalker unmounted, 2 giants, 2 dinosaurs, Wundar, Eldor, Star Sisters and Glory Bird to go with He-Ro). Without doing any army characters, this is possible in 2 separate $50 expansion packs. Each expansion we're getting has between 17-19 figures, so this isn't unreasonable. Please consider this! Most of these (outside the She-Ra characters) are the B literally who will probably never see the light of day if we don't get them in this campaign. You can do it and we will buy it!!!

Please, please, please! ��

Those are ONLY characters that had toys in the original 80's line-ups. Queen Grayskull (Veena), King Grayskull on Battle Lion and Battle Lion unmounted could be added to bring the total to 47.
    If you add 8 Snakemen warriors (MOTUC 2 pack figures), that would be 55 more figures that could be THREE more $50 expansion packs!

I would definitely buy them, but hope for at least the missing unique MOTU and PoP characters that had toys in the 80's. Archon just added more purchasable content in their Pledge Manager when it opens. You can too!!!

EDIT: Oi! Listers auto corrected as literally. Lol

I don't know how much good it will do, but I just begged CMON for the missing characters. Lol Here are my posts:

@CMON, after the pledges from China and Retailer pledges are added, could we unlock more figures? Also, could you PLEASE give us the option of buying the missing figures as add-ons? We're not missing too much! 44 MOTU and PoP figures total (all unique characters, variants, Stridor unmounted, Jitsu on Night Stalker, Night Stalker unmounted, 2 giants, 2 dinosaurs, Wundar, Eldor, Star Sisters and Glory Bird to go with He-Ro). Without doing any army characters, this is possible in 2 separate $50 expansion packs. Each expansion we're getting has between 17-19 figures, so this isn't unreasonable. Please consider this! Most of these (outside the She-Ra characters) are the B literally who will probably never see the light of day if we don't get them in this campaign. You can do it and we will buy it!!!

Please, please, please! ��

Those are ONLY characters that had toys in the original 80's line-ups. Queen Grayskull (Veena), King Grayskull on Battle Lion and Battle Lion unmounted could be added to bring the total to 47.
    If you add 8 Snakemen warriors (MOTUC 2 pack figures), that would be 55 more figures that could be THREE more $50 expansion packs!

I would definitely buy them, but hope for at least the missing unique MOTU and PoP characters that had toys in the 80's. Archon just added more purchasable content in their Pledge Manager when it opens. You can too!!!

EDIT: Oi! Listers auto corrected as literally. Lol
    Keep up the good fight!

Heroic Warrior
    I am mildly disappointed that Jitsu and Sy-klone didn’t make the cut, but I know I can add them with 3D printed models and likely community made cards for gameplay. However, in the long run I know I’ll not truly miss them when it comes to playing the game itself…simply because of the number of characters we DID get!

I haven’t had so much fun participating in a campaign in a long time. It was fun coming back to MotU after a long break, seeing the daily updates and participating in the comments. It’ll be a long wait until the game arrives, but I’m not going to let disappointment over a few missing characters diminish what I’m sure will be a great addition to my collection of miniature games. This game is highly likely to get painted…unlike so many others!

Heroic Podcaster
    Though I agree that Jitsu, Sy-Klone, Rio Blast and Dragstor should have been prioritized over MAA 2, TJ 2, HM 2 (though I've always preferred his axe to be his primary weapon) and specifically the mini-clones, etc. I am still thrilled with the massive amount of characters we did get. I'll be looking to customize those 4 characters ASAP.

CMON could put out just those 4 characters as a $25 expansion and it would make it's goal overnight.
    THE VINTAGE-TO-CLASSICS COUNTDOWN IS COMPLETE!!!

Just made the decision to lose my dollar and not add anything when the Pledge Manager opens.

Too not much money, plus the missing characters, plus this being - at its core - just another board game that will likely not get played made my mind up for me.

Excelsior!

this being - at its core - just another board game that will likely not get played made my mind up for me.
    I mean, yeah, if you didn't even have a strong intention to play the game, I can't really see why anyone would purchase this, especially considering the expense. I know I plan on playing this game a bunch! I've been recruiting all sorts of friends to play at least a game or two with me each.
    Botch's Blog & Transformers Box Art Archive
    www.botchthecrab.com

Just made the decision to lose my dollar and not add anything when the Pledge Manager opens.

Too not much money, plus the missing characters, plus this being - at its core - just another board game that will likely not get played made my mind up for me.

Excelsior!
    Yup, same for me. I backed my pledge back down to a dollar before the campaign ended. I will just lose the buck, I have better stuff to put my money towards that doesn't feel incomplete.
    cogito ergo doleo

Widget
    I'm excited for the game, though not finishing off the toyline is a shame. The lack of Entrapta is a shame too, since they got Scorpia. Ah well, by the power of customs.