Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Thread: MOTU Board Game coming from CMON - Discussion thread

I was starting to regret the purchase, until I saw this photo on Facebook this morning. Now I'm salivating over it again. This looks sooooo good. Having most of the mythos together like this in a small space will be amazing. Hopefully I'll find the time to paint these and customizers will make the pieces we are missing.

251557481_10165619780495408_7773789631580012411_n.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I'll be honest though, I kinda want to fix the Castle's little tooth. Make it a little bit bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by jibernish View Post
    I was starting to regret the purchase, until I saw this photo on Facebook this morning. Now I'm salivating over it again. This looks sooooo good. Having most of the mythos together like this in a small space will be amazing. Hopefully I'll find the time to paint these and customizers will make the pieces we are missing.

251557481_10165619780495408_7773789631580012411_n.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I'll be honest though, I kinda want to fix the Castle's little tooth. Make it a little bit bigger.
    That's the actual castle coming with the game? It looks amazing.

It's an add on and I don't think the image has been announced as final. I also don't think it will come painted like this, but i do think it will come green. Someone will correct me I'm sure. I can't 100% remember.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by jibernish View Post
    It's an add on and I don't think the image has been announced as final. I also don't think it will come painted like this, but i do think it will come green. Someone will correct me I'm sure. I can't 100% remember.
    You are correct. None of the minis will come painted and the castle will just be green. Up to others to paint or not.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Anyone know about when the pledge manager will open?
    “Being a champion is about defending those who can’t defend themselves.”

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Man-At-Arms82 View Post
    Anyone know about when the pledge manager will open?
    I think they said January was the plan.

- - - Updated - - -

CORRECTION: They posted an update yesterday saying the pledge manager should be open by the end of this month.
    My friend told me to stop quoting the Monkees. I thought she was joking. But then I saw her face.

Widget
    Does anyone have any experience with mini-figure painting services. I want the pieces to look fantastic and I simply don't have the skills to do these justice. Between CMON and Archon, I've got a large investment for these to not look perfect. Any input is greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by sshook27 View Post
    Does anyone have any experience with mini-figure painting services. I want the pieces to look fantastic and I simply don't have the skills to do these justice. Between CMON and Archon, I've got a large investment for these to not look perfect. Any input is greatly appreciated.
    Go to your local comic book and/or hobby store. My local store has an area in the side room where they play games that showcases painted miniatures alongside the artists business card. Your store probably won't have that, but they'll probably know of a local painter.

Heroic Warrior
    To follow up on what stratos88 said, yes, check with your local game store. Years ago my friends and I happened across an amazing painter who worked at small game shop in Lexington, KY. To be honest, it's been a very long time, we *may* have met her at the local gaming convention but still she worked at the shop. Go on the weekend when there is gaming going on in the shop, you'll be able to see examples and the painter(s) will likely be in the shop at the time.
    My friend told me to stop quoting the Monkees. I thought she was joking. But then I saw her face.

Heroic Warrior
    Looks like the Pledge Manager is open. Due Feb 2022.

cyber-assassin
    So, I pledged a few days before the end, and they took the correct amount out. Was that like (for example) the way bbts does a pre-order. Take it out, put it back, take it out when it ships again? I've never done a Kickstarter. Also, I couldn't find when it's supposed to ship.
    Those whom god wishes to destroy,
    He first makes mad. - Reinfield.

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    honestly surprised we didn't get these

Multi-Bot
    Dragstor

Sy-Klone
    Jitsu (and Jitsu on Nightstalker)
    Blade
    Saurod
    Gwildor
    Rio Blast
    Screeech

Battle Armor He-Man
    Battle Armor Skeletor
    Flying Fists He-Man
    Thunder Punch He-Man
    Dragon Blaster Skeletor
    Laser Power He-Man
    Add to that list:

Rotar
    Twistoid
    Titus
    Megator
    Entranpta
    Loo-Kee
    Buzz-Saw Hordak
    Starburst She-Ra
    Bubble Power She-Ra
    Angela
    Castaspella
    Double Trouble
    Sweet Bee
    Peekablue
    Netossa
    Spinerella

Since we got authentic Horde style Snake Troopers, we probably should have:

Heroic Ninjor
    Lord Gr'asp
    Terroar
    Strobos

And of course:

Possessed Skeletor
    Terror Bar
    Terror Jaguar
    Terror Wolf

And Battle Axe He-Man makes me want a Power-Sword Skeletor (ala the original toy)

And Wun-Dar!

That's over 40 minis! Even if you think some of these don't belong, most of the expansion boxes come with a small fraction of this many. So I disagree that we are close to a full set and that filling it out would have been trivial.

Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    it makes get mini clones and dupes of MAA and trapjaw suck more.
    I think the Skeletor Clones are for a specific scenario (Here, There, Skeletors Everywhere). I figure it's likely the Queen, King Grayskull, and others were also included to facilitate more "narrative" scenarios.

Some of the doubles (Trapjaw, MAA) seem like odd priorities. Maybe they were leftovers that for thrown in. Maybe they are also made for scenarios. Either way, their aren't enough scuplts to have gotten all the characters we are missing.

Personally I'd have preferred the Meteoroids to the He-Man clones though.
    Last edited by crimhead; January 9, 2022 at 11:25am.
    Totally Jazzed for C'MONs Clash For Eternia!

If I don't submit my pledge manager, is my order cancelled?