Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTU Board Game coming from CMON - Discussion thread

He-Man historian
    Raise of hands. Who else did forget Trap Jaw's... um, harpoon?
    He-Man & She-Ra fan, writer to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

· ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

When is this being released?

Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    When is this being released?
    Nobody knows. The Kickstarter campaign was once announced for 1st quarter 2021 but since this will end in three weeks and no lifesign from the game since end of January https://cmon.com/news/masters-of-the...iary-episode-2 I wouldn‘t count on a start soon.
    News editor on PlanetEternia.de, the No. 1 German Masters of the Universe website
    Part of "Das HE-MANische Quartett", the No. 1 German Masters of the Universe podcast

Kickstarter Announcement!

I'm incredibly excited for the CMON Kickstarter, hoping to follow it closely and make some content to share the excitement.

The Kickstarter is set to launch in September 2021.

Here is the announcement trailer!

For those of you that missed the live stream Designer Q&A on the CMON Facebook page, I'm hoping to get a video recorded going over all the details mentioned as well as cover what we know from the developer diaries they published.

A little bummed we didn't see a Man-at-Arms sculpt yet, but so far the sculpts we have seen are awesome!

I'll be keeping things uploaded here to try and avoid spamming the videos we do everywhere, but I can post the big news items in the forum if that's helpful.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Chase - OTTG View Post
    I'm incredibly excited for the CMON Kickstarter, hoping to follow it closely and make some content to share the excitement.

https://youtu.be/FgAEnsjgjSU

For those of you that missed the live stream Designer Q&A on the CMON Facebook page, I'm hoping to get a video recorded going over all the details mentioned as well as cover what we know from the developer diaries they published.

A little bummed we didn't see a Man-at-Arms sculpt yet, but so far the sculpts we have seen are awesome!

I'll be keeping things uploaded here to try and avoid spamming the videos we do everywhere, but I can post the big news items in the forum if that's helpful.
    I saw this too! Time to start following CMON on the socials again!

I don't understand why Mattel doesn't do this themselves. Anybody know?
    "I wouldn't be surprised if this movie has Adam as a skinny nerd from Earth battling another skinny nerd-hacker from Earth that used an alias of Keldor. They then enter Tron-style to a cyber world called Eternia, where they control muscle-bound avatars to battle (called He-Man and Skeletor). And these same avatars come to life and continue to battle in present-day Earth." - VZX

Quote Originally Posted by Chase - OTTG View Post

https://youtu.be/FgAEnsjgjSU

Feel free to post news in this thread.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ehenyo View Post
    I don't understand why Mattel doesn't do this themselves. Anybody know?
    It seems a bit niche. I don't think this would sell in mass quantities at retail, but works for the collector market.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Feel free to post news in this thread.

You got it!

Here's a breakdown of what we now know about the CMON Game. We had a lot of fun talking about it. If people here have suggestions for things to explore, people to talk with, or big questions you want to see answered about the game, please let us know! (or if you have suggestions for improving the quality of the content!)

Alright, Master's of the Universe: Clash for Eternia news round up!

Just finished my second time through MOTU: Revelation while I edited videos (and have been lurking in the other forum posts about it &#129315

Here's the latest news on CMON's upcoming Kickstarter. I managed to get a hold of the Designers to talk and have linked my own video below, too!

CMON recently revealed two of their mounted game pieces.

OTTG Screenshot - Mounted Heman.png

OTTG Mounted Skeletor.png

I really hope us Europeans can find a way to get our hands on this. IMO, this looks better than the other one.

August 19th at 2pm Eastern, CMON is having a livestream with the two designers of the upcoming MOTU game!

Join us in a livestream with Masters of the Universe™: Clash for Eternia's designers Michael Shinall and Leo Almeida. We've got something big to unveil!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOvhqhiSVoM

I wonder what they're planning on unveiling? "Something big" could mean Castle Grayskull. In their one Kickstarter, "Cthulhu: Death May Die," they did a MASSIVE Cthulhu figure! He stands 57 cm tall (570 mm) compared to the regular game figures that are 32 mm tall. Pictures can be found here:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...-death-may-die

It would be EPIC if they did a Castle Grayskull and Snake Mountain like that for this game.
    Last edited by Darkspecter; August 18, 2021 at 06:36am.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Heroic Warrior
    Maybe Granamyr?...

Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Abell View Post
    Maybe Granamyr?...
    That would also be cool! I never thought of Granamyr.

- - - Updated - - -

Castle Grayskull with WORKING Jawbridge!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

My question: Are you able to include Princess of Power characters in the game? Such as She-Ra, Catra, Shadow Weaver, etc.?

Jason La Mar
    ​Will there be other factions like the Horde or Snake men?

CMON's answer: ​@Darkspecter1002 and @Jason La Mar Maybe.

Gaurav Gandher
    ​Archon Studios have covered nearly every aspect of MOTU, like Snakemen, Hordak, King Greyskull, She-Ra, will CMON be covering all these arcs too?

CMON: ​@Gaurav Gandher you'll have to wait and seeee
    Frankie D
    ​wll she-ra and the horde be included?

CMON: @Frankie D you'll have to wait for the Kickstarter for that
    When asked if this is based on a specific MOTU property, they said they are not limited to one property, but the aesthetic is mainly based on the 80's toyline.

- - - Updated - - -

CMON: Mer Man likes Pina Coladas and long walks on the beach

****From another interview with these guys I watched, they said they bought the MOTU Character guide to learn about all the MOTU characters and they took things from different sources to flesh them out****

They took NOTHING from New Adventures of He-Man. No NA He-Man characters/story scenarios.

On Castle Grayskull:

CMON: Y'all its LORGE
    ​CMON: Its like the third largest thing we've made
    CMON: @BoardGameCo we mistyped; it's currently the second largest thing we've made
    The guys say Castle Grayskull is 32mm scale or 5 He-Mans tall. Helena says Castle Grayskull is almost 24cm or 9 inches tall, roughly.

Game Board:

Hexagon-based map as a blank canvas. On each scenario, you place 2D terrain pieces on top of it (trees, mountains, forest pieces, ruins, doorways, etc.).

KICKSTARTER LAUNCHES SEPTEMBER 14th!
    Last edited by Darkspecter; August 19, 2021 at 04:13pm.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

looking forward to watching this after work today

That was fun! I tried to watch it live, but I had to do things, so I kept switching back to it! I transcribed some things to help those who can't watch the video.

I'm really excited for this!

Heroic Warrior
    Livestream and Q&A:

Castle Grayskull preview video:

Kickstarter preview page: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...sh-for-eternia

Quote Originally Posted by jibernish View Post
    looking forward to watching this after work today
    How did you enjoy the reveal/Q&A?

I had fun, but I feel really bad for CMON and Archon. Archon finally reached their stretch goal of the Castle Grayskull Dice Tower, which was overshadowed by CMON's Castle Grayskull announcement. CMON'S announcement was overshadowed by the MOTU Netflix trailer dropping. All of this on the same day, so everyone is taking about the cartoon and nobody's talking about either of the games!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    How did you enjoy the reveal/Q&A?

I had fun, but I feel really bad for CMON and Archon. Archon finally reached their stretch goal of the Castle Grayskull Dice Tower, which was overshadowed by CMON's Castle Grayskull announcement. CMON'S announcement was overshadowed by the MOTU Netflix trailer dropping. All of this on the same day, so everyone is taking about the cartoon and nobody's talking about either of the games!
    I had that same thought about this Q&A hitting on the same day as the new cartoon's trailer. Hopefully they get a lot of view after the fact, and a successful kickstarter.

I enjoyed the Q&A. I haven't played a board game in 20 years, so most of what they were talking about regarding play mechanics and what type of game it is, was over my head. But the Castle Grayskull piece looks awesome. Helena said it was almost 9" tall! That's a lot larger than I was thinking. I have no idea how much this kind of game would cost, but I would love to get it. The pieces I've seen so far look really great. I'll have to find out how to paint them though. I actually know how to paint pictures, but haven't had luck painting toys in the couple of attempts I've made. I guess you have to buy those fancy Warhammer paints? This is all new to me but I'm looking forward to the Kickstarter reveal.

I'm also glad to hear that you can play it solo, as that is what I'll probably be doing (if I play it at all).

Do you have any guess on what ballpark the price would be?

Complete shot in the dark, but the base game will probably land in the $80-100 range and the highest "all-in" pledge which gets everything will be around $180-200.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos88 View Post
    Complete shot in the dark, but the base game will probably land in the $80-100 range and the highest "all-in" pledge which gets everything will be around $180-200.
    I appreciate the guess. I really had no idea so that gives me something to put in the back of my mind.

I appreciate the guess. I really had no idea so that gives me something to put in the back of my mind.
    No problem. If money is an issue you can pledge $1 now and then adjust it to pay for what you want later on before the pledge manager closes.

No problem. If money is an issue you can pledge $1 now and then adjust it to pay for what you want later on before the pledge manager closes.
    Money isn't an issue - it's just SHOULD I buy it. I've spent so much on MOTU since Origins started (not just on Origins but it jumpstarted me on buying vintage, Super7, Pop, MCX, etc).

I just looked through the whole thread and went to CMON's website and didn't see anywhere I can pledge. If I just wait until the Sept Kickstarter, will I miss out on anything?

Money isn't an issue - it's just SHOULD I buy it. I've spent so much on MOTU since Origins started (not just on Origins but it jumpstarted me on buying vintage, Super7, Pop, MCX, etc).

I just looked through the whole thread and went to CMON's website and didn't see anywhere I can pledge. If I just wait until the Sept Kickstarter, will I miss out on anything?
    The Kickstarter isn't live yet. When I said you can pledge now I meant when it starts, my bad.

If you think you want it I fully suggest you jump on it. Buying the base game later on at retail will probably be missing a lot of bells and whistles and buying the Kickstarter exclusives gets stupid expensive on the aftermarket.

The Kickstarter isn't live yet. When I said you can pledge now I meant when it starts, my bad.

If you think you want it I fully suggest you jump on it. Buying the base game later on at retail will probably be missing a lot of bells and whistles and buying the Kickstarter exclusives gets stupid expensive on the aftermarket.
    Thanks again for the advice. I will decide and either buy through Kickstarter or not at all. I know enough of MOTU that relying on the secondary market is a mistake.

Heroic Warrior

Disclaimer, I have never bought or backed anything from CMON before, so this is all guesswork on my part. I did find their Cthuhlu game they did was some massive pieces and tons of minis for around $250 if I'm reading it right... My gut says that it may be a similar gameplan with this one? But again, "I know nothing'.

That said the giant Cthulhu is on Ebay now for around $500 Soooooo I really wish I HAD heard about that when it was live

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...-death-may-die