Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTU Board Game coming from CMON - Discussion thread

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by jibernish View Post
    Thanks for the advice. I appreciate that you said respectable results are not that hard to come by. That puts me more at ease.

I guess my main concern is what paints to use. I would rather not have to buy a whole line of expensive paints for this, especially if this game will cost $200+ for the complete set. I have a ton of oil and acrylic fine art paints already, but I don't know if they are appropriate. I guess I really should just buy a figurine and try it out and see.
    The vast majority of paints used for miniatures is Acrylic paint. If you already have a ton of them, you should be fine. Just get some small brushes and go to town. 'Miniature' Paints come in if different companies and some are thinner for airbrushes and stuff... but at it's core, they're all Acrylic Paint.

When i started, I was using the folkart acrylic craft paint for like $ .89 each... in fact for some bigger projects I still use them.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    The vast majority of paints used for miniatures is Acrylic paint. If you already have a ton of them, you should be fine. Just get some small brushes and go to town. 'Miniature' Paints come in if different companies and some are thinner for airbrushes and stuff... but at it's core, they're all Acrylic Paint.

When i started, I was using the folkart acrylic craft paint for like $ .89 each... in fact for some bigger projects I still use them.
    whew! Thanks for that info. I have tons of acrylics already, so that's good news. I just bought a cheapie brand of Payne's Gray yesterday for a big project. Sometimes that cheap stuff works the best.

There was a new LIVE video from CMON's MOTU guys again. I didn't see most of it (I didn't know about it), but they confirmed Castle Grayskull comes with ACCESSORIES!!! The same ones from the 80's! They also released a new, EPIC trailer for the Kickstarter. You can see the Grayskull accessories at the end.

Edit: Assault on Castle Grayskull! Skelecons! Randor's Royal Guards!

Last edited by Darkspecter; September 10, 2021 at 04:25pm.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

I didn't get to watch it yet, but I did scroll to the end the see the accessories. Wow, that's pretty nifty that they included them. That's something!

Heroic Warrior
    No spacesuit?... Wonder if it's a character in a supplement...
    My friend told me to stop quoting the Monkees. I thought she was joking. But then I saw her face.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Abell View Post
    No spacesuit?... Wonder if it's a character in a supplement...
    I just watched the FULL Facebook Livestream and no mention of Spacesuit.

EDIT:

From the Facebook Livestream:

- No movie or NA He-Man stuff
    - Core game mechanics same as prototype from playthroughs, but they have worked at rebalancing some stuff (ex. Merman was WAY over powered, but they're pretty happy with how they re-worked him).
    - Assault on Castle Grayskull expansion with Skelecons and King Randor's Royal Guard. All new Castle Defense mode. Gain advantages with new skills. Upgrade your forces. Complete tactical objectives. New 2D overlay piece of Castle Grayskull.
    -A.O.G: protect or attack Castle game play. The original CG accessories help either attack or defend the Castle.
    - Can play as stopping Skeletor from taking over Grayskull, He-Man reclaiming it from Skeletor, etc.
    - Offered as Standard version (2D) Deluxe has the plastic Castle and Weapons.
    - Plastic Castle Grayskull is properly scaled to the miniatures.
    - Solid plastic Castle, only Jawbridge opens. You CANNOT put figures inside, just on the Jawbridge/opening.
    - No campaign play. They tried it, but felt it was taking away from the direction they wanted for this game. They didn't find it optimal. Will not include campaign play even if it's highly requested. They were very detailed with their explanation why in the video.
    - You can do Good vs Evil, Faction OR mix and match (ex. He-Man teaming up with Skeletor).
    - Mentions Teela in a magical team (Teela, Orko, Evil-Lyn) then goes on to explain the Core Box Teela isn't magic focused. That's a HEAVY hint at another Teela figure. He does mention Teela and Sorceress powers...
    - Game Cap for Core Box and all Expansions: 1-5 players.
    - Certain characters they made (unrevealed) they had some difficulty with because there is not a lot of information on them.
    - Some of his favourite moments is when you start to incorporate stink clouds in the game - HEAVY hint of Stinkor.
    Last edited by Darkspecter; September 11, 2021 at 03:07pm.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

Everything sounds great. I'm really looking forward to getting this thing backed and seeing the stretch goals. I'm really hoping for a Snake Men expansion.

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    The Kickstarter for this is supposed to launch today, but no word about it yet has been posted on the official CMON website, and nothing turns up either on a Google search for “Kickstarter Clash for Eternia” nor searching within the Kickstarter site itself. The project page on Kickstarter should have been up already since days ago. Whats is going on? Has this project been canceled due to poor reviews?
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by uaxuctum View Post
    The Kickstarter for this is supposed to launch today, but no word about it yet has been posted on the official CMON website, and nothing turns up either on a Google search for “Kickstarter Clash for Eternia” nor searching within the Kickstarter site itself. The project page on Kickstarter should have been up already since days ago. Whats is going on? Has this project been canceled due to poor reviews?
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...?ref=discovery

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by uaxuctum View Post
    Believe it goes live at 3:00 PM eastern. That’s on their Facebook. I can’t wait!!!
    12 Step Rebels-Erie Americana Punk Rock/Psychobilly
    https://music.apple.com/us/artist/12...ebels/28428100

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by jakobinsane View Post
    Believe it goes live at 3:00 PM eastern. That’s on their Facebook. I can’t wait!!!
    3pm is correct!

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos88 View Post
    Everything sounds great. I'm really looking forward to getting this thing backed and seeing the stretch goals. I'm really hoping for a Snake Men expansion.
    Definitely! And with some Pre-Eternian characters. And some POP! A little bummed they said no New Adventures. Would of liked a couple characters from there. I am excited for the stretch goal as the Marvel United X Men stretch goals were pretty eclectic and diverse. Can’t wait to drool over all the updates with my son.
    12 Step Rebels-Erie Americana Punk Rock/Psychobilly
    https://music.apple.com/us/artist/12...ebels/28428100

It's up and at 38K already. Let's go Masters fans!

Already 50% funded in ten minutes.

Already 50% funded in ten minutes.
    It's easily going to reach its goal on day one. Very cool.

I haven't backed it yet. I'm not sure if the plastic Grayskull is worth the additional cost.
    Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS COMPLETE COLLECTION GUIDE
    Featuring photos, bios, accessories, release dates, and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!

Quote Originally Posted by Wakko View Post
    It's easily going to reach its goal on day one. Very cool.

I haven't backed it yet. I'm not sure if the plastic Grayskull is worth the additional cost.
    I'm hoping we're funded in less than half an hour.

If it's anything like other CMON Kickstarters they'll be adding Stretch Goals to lessen to sting of the cost.

Edit: 28 minutes, fully funded. We have the power!
    Last edited by Stratos88; September 14, 2021 at 03:27pm.

Edit: 28 minutes, fully funded. We have the power!
    AWESOME. I've wanted a MOTU strategy game for ages. So glad this has such incredible support.
    Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS COMPLETE COLLECTION GUIDE
    Featuring photos, bios, accessories, release dates, and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!

Buzz-Off is our first Stretch Goal at 230K. Nice!

Buzz-Off is our first Stretch Goal at 230K. Nice!
    That's awesome! I'll have to check him out!

HUGE NEWS!

At the bottom of the page, it says this is customs-friendly (no customs fees) for the following countries:

USA
    Canada
    Australia
    New Zealand

Our second Stretch Goal is a plastic controller dashboard upgrade. Not as exciting as a new character, but I'll take it. This one is 260K.

Our second Stretch Goal is a plastic controller dashboard upgrade. Not as exciting as a new character, but I'll take it. This one is 260K.
    I just saw that too! I REALLY like that. I want as little cardboard as possible. Lol

EDIT: We JUST passed $260 000!
    Last edited by Darkspecter; September 14, 2021 at 03:50pm.

Up next is SPIKOR! 260K.

Spikor unlocks at $290 000!

EDIT: Just noticed Spikor autocorrected to Spiderman. Lol
    Last edited by Darkspecter; September 14, 2021 at 04:35pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I just saw that too! I REALLY like that. I want as little cardboard as possible. Lol
    Plastic upgrade for player dashboards is the current stretch goal. Huzzah!