Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: MOTU Origins Wishlist

My wishlist is a lot of 200X characters since that's what I grew up on. This is the first line I've had a paycheck to spend on, so I'm very interested in collecting it. If it does end up being mostly vintage figures with a few variants sprinkled in (like Keldor, Kronis, and Minicomic Tri-Klops), I'd still be satisfied. But this is a wishlist thread, so we're shooting for the stars here.

Vintage (Filmation, Mini-comics)
    -Plundor
    -General Tataran
    -Majestra
    -Aran and Una (Two Pack with alt heads featuring the Masks of Power)
    -Melaktha (Include a plethora of artifacts from the Filmation cartoon in lieu of weapons, like the diamond ray of disappearance, scarab, sun stone, etc)
    -Towers of Eternia Playset
    -Ileena (if she's important enough to appear in the upcoming Revelations series, she's important enough for origins in my mind)
    -Andra (Same as Ileena)
    -Madam Razz & Broom

200X
    -Snake Armor He-man (the split sword is a must, if it's sculpted like the 11in figure that's fine by me, but it needs to be included somehow)
    -Battle Armor King Hssss (This is what Classics called the 200X King Hssss, but if they wanted to add in the actual spinning battle armor that'd be super cool. His 200X armor already has a shield-looking thing that's almost the shape of the battle armor windows)
    -Snake Armor Man-At-Arms, with Snake Man-at-arms alt head
    -Zodak
    -King Grayskull
    -Veena
    -200X Sorceress (Call it battleground, or battle armor, or whatever)
    -200X Teela (With the blue shoulder pads please, the 200X figure didn't have them and I was always confused by that as a kid)
    -200X Snake Teela
    -Chief Carnivus
    -Bashin' Beetle Vehicle
    -Ambrosia Skeletor, Evil-Lyn, and Tri-Klops (Three-pack? That'd be kinda pricey. Maybe a pack-in with an Andreenos Playset and Buzz-Off, that'd be cool)
    -Battle Lion
    -Crystal Chamber playset (if they made it so that Castle Grayskull somehow clipped on top that'd be the coolest thing ever. Also the perfect opportunity to pack in 200X Sorceress if they don't want a single carded version)

DC Ongoing Comics (I read these as they came out and loved them, so to see them represented would be super cool)
    -He-man (the version with full red armor, the one that had the crossover with Justice League. He got a more traditional shirtless look later on but I'm a bit fan of this version)
    -Teela (The full gold armor with green bodysuit always made her fit in more with the Guards that she was captain of when I read these and I really liked that)
    -War Wraith (Slime pit Man-at-Arms, what more could you want?)
    -Despara
    -Jawless Skeletor (He-man literally punched his jaw off. So cool)
    -Power of Grayskull Hordak (The Horde Power Sword alone looks really cool and this would be a nice variant for Hordak)
    -Dark Orko

Masters of the Multiverse Comic
    -Bearded Head for Snake Armor He-man
    -He-Sol
    -Valiant Tina
    -He-Wo
    -He-force Filmation He-man

DC Crossover Comics (Vs Thundercats and Vs Injustice)
    -Battle Cat as a Thundercat (One of the coolest moments of that crossover)
    -Mummator
    -Heck, all the Thundercats would be sick with MOTU Origins stylings. I don't know who technically has the rights atm, but Super7 never finished their Savage World line beyond Wave 2, so 5.5 scale T-Cats would be really cool
    -Kryptech Armor He-man vs Superman (Two pack)

2018 POP
    -She-ra (both season 1-4 and season 5 versions would be great)
    -Glimmer
    -Bow
    -Catra (I much prefer the anthropomorphized animal designs for Catra and Scorpia, they're a lot more creative in my mind than the humans wearing armor from the 80's)
    -Scorpia (See above)
    -Mara, the first She-ra

Like I said, I'm not expecting any of these characters. Honestly I'd be surprised if any of these showed up at all, let alone before the vintage line is completed. If I had to pick one to be my number one most-wanted it'd be Snake Armor He-man. I grew up on that show and that's MY He-man, so I'm a little biased. I'd love to see the rest of these, but I'll probably be satisfied by whatever mattel decides to do here.

I've updated my Origins wishlist.

Now, I just wish my Target would get more than He-Man & Skeletor in their aisles!
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    Waiting for more William Stout characters!!!

Demo Man would be a great figure to include too!

Has anyone involved in this line at Mattel articulated what the goal or strategy of Origins is as far as character selection is concerned? Obviously characters who had a vintage figure are always the priority in any new MOTU line, and they've released or are planning to release some early mini-comics variants, but what about beyond that? Have they explicitly stated that they are planning to include characters from POP, Filmation, NA, 200x, new characters, etc?

Quote Originally Posted by FAKER II View Post
    While there are a lot of figures I'd like to get, Mekaneck, Buzz Off, Faker, Whiplash, Clawful, and Kobra Khan are the only must haves left for me. Everything else will be icing on the cake.

I think anything is on the table. She-Ra was a Powercon exclusive and there's also a retail version, only difference being the head sculpt. Hypothetically, I could see them releasing a blue vest Adam with a plastic vest instead of the cloth vest.
    Yeah but She-Ra is one of the big names in MOTU she's going to get a toy any chance Mattel get's to make one.
    MASTERS OF THE SMITTYVERSE
    My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 2/27/2021

Heroic Warrior Lazer Force Zodac's Avatar
    do you guys think they might make a jet sled, stilt stalker or mega laser? what about tower tools, cliff climber or scuba attack?
    PoP Figures have to be based on the Vintage toys! This is NOT Filmation's Masters Of The Universe Classics MySpace Custom Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Robi2184 View Post
    Snake Mountain

Slim Pit
    Can the Slime Pit come with a Translucent Slime Pit He-man?
    Last edited by Robi2184; January 23, 2021 at 01:26am.

Quote Originally Posted by Robi2184 View Post
    Can the Slime Pit come with a Translucent Slime Pit He-man?
    I have a better Idea, the Slime Pit could come with a translucent green body, arms and legs and slime "armor" than you can just swap out the heads.
    My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 2/27/2021

Widget
    My wishlist would be to include characters not in the original toyline BUT with the caveat that they be reimagined through a vintage toyline lens
    Like, for example, lets have Octavia, but with purple skin and modeled after her toy concept art, not based on the Filmation design.

I dunno, I thin it would be fun to see how Mattel toy designers would reverse engineer Filmation, 2002 and Classics characters.

Stinkor
    Mossman
    Spikor
    Grizzlor
    Mantenna
    Buzz Off
    Clawful
    Whiplash
    Rattlor
    Jitsu
    Webstor
    Mosquitor

I am sure I am forgetting someone ..

Quote Originally Posted by Also Raines View Post
    Stinkor
    Mossman
    Spikor
    Grizzlor
    Mantenna
    Buzz Off
    Clawful
    Whiplash
    Rattlor
    Jitsu
    Webstor
    Mosquitor

I am sure I am forgetting someone ..
    Webstor has been confirmed and is up for pre-order on BBTS and other sites. I would assume that Moss Man is a give since he's just green fuzzy Beast Man.

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Produ...Details/146011
    My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 2/27/2021

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty.81 View Post
    Webstor has been confirmed and is up for pre-order on BBTS and other sites. I would assume that Moss Man is a give since he's just green fuzzy Beast Man.

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Produ...Details/146011
    Stinkor is also confirmed, just kinda wishy washy on his release
    Instagram: dadhausen

Quote Originally Posted by DadStrong View Post
    Stinkor is also confirmed, just kinda wishy washy on his release
    They just pushed him back a wave, the real question is why? To add the stink, or take it away, who knows?
    My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 2/27/2021

They just pushed him back a wave, the real question is why? To add the stink, or take it away, who knows?
    I can only hope they add it!!!!!
    Last edited by DadStrong; February 16, 2021 at 01:56pm.
    Instagram: dadhausen

Heroic Warrior
    Maybe they are just allowing his stink more time to “marinate”. Lol

Actually, it would be fun if they added something to him like Cobra Khan’s feature where you could press down on his head and a stinky mist would spray out of his backside... Never gonna happen lol

Heroic Warrior
    After collecting these awhile, my wishlist has shifted:

Battle Armor Faker (need that vintage head)
    Mekanek
    Buzzoff
    Clawful
    Whiplash
    Jitsu
    Randor
    Marlena
    Classic Deco Sorceress

Quote Originally Posted by Cobrala View Post
    After collecting these awhile, my wishlist has shifted:

Battle Armor Faker (need that vintage head)
    Mekanek
    Buzzoff
    Clawful
    Whiplash
    Jitsu
    Randor
    Marlena
    Classic Deco Sorceress
    • BA Faker would be nice, but I really want him to come with a battle damaged head too. Maybe he could have battle damaged Origin's head and a "clean" vintage head.
    • With Stinkor coming Mekaneck's armor is done so it's just a matter of how they are going to handle his gimmick, obviously he'll be a deluxe, but will he have a true vintage gimmick or swappable parts like the MCX minifig.
    • We're getting Fisto so I would hope that Mattel is smart enough to know Jitsu should be made to go with him.
    • Randor was on the list or leaks/rumor as was Sorceress.
    My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 2/27/2021

Widget
    • BA Faker would be nice, but I really want him to come with a battle damaged head too. Maybe he could have battle damaged Origin's head and a "clean" vintage head.
    • With Stinkor coming Mekaneck's armor is done so it's just a matter of how they are going to handle his gimmick, obviously he'll be a deluxe, but will he have a true vintage gimmick or swappable parts like the MCX minifig.
    • We're getting Fisto so I would hope that Mattel is smart enough to know Jitsu should be made to go with him.
    • Randor was on the list or leaks/rumor as was Sorceress.
    I would hope for swappable parts rather than the vintage gimmick. I just feel like you'd have better options for extended-neck posability with swappable parts than you would if the waist needs to be twisted to get full extension. Also give MAttel the excuse to maybe sell weapons packs with extra neck pieces for people who want a REALLY long neck.

And with Fisto coming, I would ALSO hope they're smart enough to recycle that fist for a Strong-Or.
    Let's see a Deluxe Dylamug in MOTU Origins!

For Randor, will they go with his vintage, armoured look or his casual, robed Filmation look?

Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    For Randor, will they go with his vintage, armoured look or his casual, robed Filmation look?
    If Ninjor's card art is any clue it looks like he'll be toy inspired like most of Origins.

My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 2/27/2021

One of my wishes was for Mosquitor and it looks like we are getting that in a deluxe version sometime soon. I hope it functions like the original!

My other wish is that we get a Kobra Khan with the water spraying function. One of my favorite figures and action gimmicks.