Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Conan the Barbarian arrival thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Dcr4 View Post
    John was the one with the extensive Conan run. Sal was the Hulk artist.
    Snap you’re right. Sorry I actually meant John. I have a lot of the Marvel run in the black and white news prints trades. Not sure why the heck I wrote Sal.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Yeah, Sal's looks pretty good too.

I think it's the helmet that throws me off. I know i've seen the source material where this came from... but i never picture Conan wearing a helm like that. It's usually bareheaded that comes to my mind or maybe the headband from Arnold's movies. That or the necklace. I always remember my iconic Conan having that tooth necklace from Frazetta and Arnold.
    Agreed. I’m holding off on the Super7 movie figures u til I get me war paint Conan. Then I’ll buy 2.

Quote Originally Posted by The All American View Post
    I got mine the other day, and I have to agree. I don't know what's up with the eye shadow and other changes.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    I can understand that... in a lot of artwork, Conan has those deep sunk angry eyes. Not sure the 'eyeliner' works in the long run, but i can see what they were going for.
    “Hither came Conan, the Cimmerian, black-haired, sullen-eyed, sword in hand, a thief, a reaver, a slayer, with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandaled feet.”

- R.E. Howard
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    Waiting for more William Stout characters!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    “Hither came Conan, the Cimmerian, black-haired, sullen-eyed, sword in hand, a thief, a reaver, a slayer, with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandaled feet.”

- R.E. Howard
    Sullen eyed, not "used too much mascara".
    Last edited by Mark M; June 6, 2020 at 10:22am.

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    ďHither came Conan, the Cimmerian, black-haired, sullen-eyed, sword in hand, a thief, a reaver, a slayer, with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandaled feet.Ē

- R.E. Howard
    That sullen eyes gives Conan his own feature to be more distinguished and unique and aethetically apart from the many Barbarian type characters that used the MOTUC buck.

Nice job Super7.

Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by motogp_fanatic; June 6, 2020 at 11:08am.
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

Got mine today and it's a good figure. Got a bit of paint slop but the plastic is great. Hands can bend to hold weapons hair not to stiff etc. I'd give it a solid B +. I would have loved for some motu to turn out this good.
    Lipster Heroic Warrior

My Conan figures arrived a few days ago and I am happy to report that the quality we saw in the '87 MotU Movie figures is still present in Conan.

I actually really like this version of Conan, but the packaging is a tremendous waste of paper and plastic. It looks absolutely gorgeous, but takes up an inordinate amount of space and doesn't even show the actual figure if you collect MOC.

I still think that this type of buck would have worked much better as a John Buscema inspired version of Conan, rather than the thinner, Barry Smith version.

Anyway, I am pumped for the ThunderCats and Conan movie line now. Super 7 has been getting much better in the QC department, now they just have to start delivering some actual product.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    Waiting for more William Stout characters!!!