Thread: Transformers Ultimates from Super7?

Heroic Warrior

Transformers Ultimates from Super7?

In light of Hasbro's 6 inch Robot Enhanced design series, it's become something of a puzzle what Flynn and the Horsemen have been teasing regarding a Transformers Ultimates action figure line.

It hit me the other day: I bet this is like the NECA/Super7 TMNT divide with Hasbro doing action figures based on media, mostly the G1 cartoon, and Super7 basing theirs on G1 toys and box art.

Imagine Optimus Prime with his old sticker details painted and sculpted, 22 POA based on box art with alternate fists with Autobot emblems on the back and a squinty-eyed alternate head to match vintage cardbacks?

Vintage toy card art based figures feel like a Super7 type thing to do.

Speaking of which, the Transformers R.E.D. Optimus Prime and Megatron look amazing!!

I cannot wait to get these guys, and my fingers are crossed for the entire 80's Animated Transformers ensemble!

We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    Waiting for more William Stout characters!!!

Wow, look at that - figures of characters that look exactly like how they did in the classic vintage cartoon.

What happened with G.I. Joe classified?? Why can Hasbro do it right with one line but wrong with the other??

I can certainly understand the appeal of cartoon accurate representations of Transformers, but those figures are an easy pass for me.

While I prefer my Transformers to be somewhat cartoon accurate, more importantly I want them to be able to transform, and to me, the Siege and Earthrise lines so far strikes a good balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobrala View Post
    In light of Hasbro's 6 inch Robot Enhanced design series, it's become something of a puzzle what Flynn and the Horsemen have been teasing regarding a Transformers Ultimates action figure line.

It hit me the other day: I bet this is like the NECA/Super7 TMNT divide with Hasbro doing action figures based on media, mostly the G1 cartoon, and Super7 basing theirs on G1 toys and box art.

Imagine Optimus Prime with his old sticker details painted and sculpted, 22 POA based on box art with alternate fists with Autobot emblems on the back and a squinty-eyed alternate head to match vintage cardbacks?

Vintage toy card art based figures feel like a Super7 type thing to do.
    I can't imagine Hasbeo allowing another company like Super 7 to release a similar and inferior product compared to their own.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Iluvart View Post
    I can certainly understand the appeal of cartoon accurate representations of Transformers, but those figures are an easy pass for me.

While I prefer my Transformers to be somewhat cartoon accurate, more importantly I want them to be able to transform, and to me, the Siege and Earthrise lines so far strikes a good balance.
    I also prefer Transfomrers to be able transform but I must admit some of the R.E.D figures would be quite fun. I grew up quite enjoying the Pretenders and Action Masters figures. There are some characters I would definitely get and not care about them not being being able to transform if I wasn't keen on their alt mode.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    Wow, look at that - figures of characters that look exactly like how they did in the classic vintage cartoon.

What happened with G.I. Joe classified?? Why can Hasbro do it right with one line but wrong with the other??
    I know what you mean but as I said on the other thread I think it could possible be down to some of the 80's G.I. Joe designs maybe not being fully acceptable and perhaps controverstial if they were released today. For example Cross Country, Spirit etc.
    Having said that I wouldn't be surprised for them to release more 80's looking figures eventually like Transformers.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    I also prefer Transfomrers to be able transform but I must admit some of the R.E.D figures would be quite fun. I grew up quite enjoying the Pretenders and Action Masters figures. There are some characters I would definitely get and not care about them not being being able to transform if I wasn't keen on their alt mode.
    I think if you have the space, definitely go for it. No doubt certain characters that are important to you, you would be keen to get a few versions of.

I just recently watched Transformers Headmasters (which is quite bad), Masterforce and Victory and I'm amazed by some of the designs, specially Destron Pretenders and Dinoforce. They are so bizarre and so stretched from original Transformers concept that I'm on the unt of some old figures now. It would be awesome if they release as 6" figure something like Bomb Burst Pretender shell.
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab - whitespyders(

My feedback thread

Quote Originally Posted by Rhanen View Post
    I just recently watched Transformers Headmasters (which is quite bad), Masterforce and Victory and I'm amazed by some of the designs, specially Destron Pretenders and Dinoforce. They are so bizarre and so stretched from original Transformers concept that I'm on the unt of some old figures now. It would be awesome if they release as 6" figure something like Bomb Burst Pretender shell.
    Those shows are very different. I actually really enjoyed Masterforce.
    Some of the Pretenders had great designs like Bomb Burst, Skullgrin, Bludgeon, Stranglehold and Octopunch.
    Come to think of it there was a lickstatyed a few years ago and some one was trying to make 6" scale action figures inspired by the Pretenders.

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Speaking of which, the Transformers R.E.D. Optimus Prime and Megatron look amazing!!

I cannot wait to get these guys, and my fingers are crossed for the entire 80's Animated Transformers ensemble!
    I can't put my finger on it but something about these figures is a "meh" for me. Maybe like they're too plain? I don't know, I just know I'm not feeling the hype.
    "...we can't defeat the most divisive President in modern American history by tearing down anybody who doesn't agree with us 100% of the time," - Pete Buttigieg

Those shows are very different. I actually really enjoyed Masterforce.
    Some of the Pretenders had great designs like Bomb Burst, Skullgrin, Bludgeon, Stranglehold and Octopunch.
    Come to think of it there was a lickstatyed a few years ago and some one was trying to make 6" scale action figures inspired by the Pretenders.
    Yes, Masterforce is the best for me so far (I'm still through Victory and Beast Wars II and need to see Zone OVA).
    Some of those designs are amazing, and was quite a bummer the way that were released a few years ago as mini figures in Transformers Legends or PotP
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab - whitespyders(

My feedback thread

Yes, Masterforce is the best for me so far (I'm still through Victory and Beast Wars II and need to see Zone OVA).
    Some of those designs are amazing, and was quite a bummer the way that were released a few years ago as mini figures in Transformers Legends or PotP
    I couldn't really get into Victory. Haven't seen much of Beast Wars II. Zone isn't great.

Speaking of Headmasters, the Battle Beasts appeared in one two episodes. I would love some 6" scale Battle Beasts.

Heroic Warrior
    I will say I'm not a fan of Japanese or subtitles shows.... but I liked the Japanese headmaster a HECK of a lot better then I did the american rebirth or comic versions. Just comparing the idea to little robots who are more energy efficent who pilot giant mech bodies that put them on par with the normal transformers is a WHOLE lot better design then autobots who ripped their own heads off so they could have a human partner... and without that partner they're fairly useless... Man i hated those things....

Well, I got my POTP Dinobots and said I was finally done with Transformers, but these might just pull me back.

Never would have imagined I'd be up for some non-transforming Transformers.

Quote Originally Posted by Dinobot View Post
    Well, I got my POTP Dinobots and said I was finally done with Transformers, but these might just pull me back.

Never would have imagined I'd be up for some non-transforming Transformers.
    This isn't the first time that a non-transforming line was attempted. Remember the Action-Masters? I absolutely LOVED those things when I was a kid!

I am very excited for this new R.E.D. line!

I know what you mean but as I said on the other thread I think it could possible be down to some of the 80's G.I. Joe designs maybe not being fully acceptable and perhaps controverstial if they were released today. For example Cross Country, Spirit etc.
    Having said that I wouldn't be surprised for them to release more 80's looking figures eventually like Transformers.
    What's controversial about Spirit and Cross Country?

What's controversial about Spirit and Cross Country?
    Cross Country wide a Confederate cap and Confederate belt buckle.
    Spirit is one of my favourite characters and I love his design but some people would now probably say it makes him look like a Native American racial stereotype.

Cross Country wide a Confederate cap and Confederate belt buckle.
    Spirit is one of my favourite characters and I love his design but some people would now probably say it makes him look like a Native American racial stereotype.
    Ok, I can see how the Confederate symbols would be a no-go now, but I don't see what's wrong about Spirit - it's not like he's going into the modern battlefield wearing a headdress. Hasbro and Sunbow were trying to be inclusive of all races and ethnicities back in the day. Should they not include a native American? Spirit was always depicted honourably in the cartoon. I loved his rivalry with Storm Shadow, which I don't think was explored further unfortunately.

Is Bravestarr racist too?

Ok, I can see how the Confederate symbols would be a no-go now, but I don't see what's wrong about Spirit - it's not like he's going into the modern battlefield wearing a headdress. Hasbro and Sunbow were trying to be inclusive of all races and ethnicities back in the day. Should they not include a native American? Spirit was always depicted honourably in the cartoon. I loved his rivalry with Storm Shadow, which I don't think was explored further unfortunately.

Is Bravestarr racist too?
    I love Bravestarr. One of my favourite 80's cartoons. Still have all the toys.

I didn't say Spirit shouldn't be included. I hope he is included and hopefully as true to his 80's look as possible. Just saying there are some that might complain about his design.

Soundwave was announced!

I am really liking what I've seen!

Cannot wait to see Bumblebee!!!