Page 60 of 60 FirstFirst ... 1050585960
Results 1,476 to 1,500 of 1500

Thread: MOTU Origins found IN STORE!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Anubis View Post
    I called Mattel yesterday just for the hell of it to see whatís with the poor distribution of the line.

Granted the rep I got was over seas, so they might not be the most on the ball with our situation here, but I was told ďThese are limited edition figures. After a store sells out of the allocated case they are to move on to the next wave.Ē So basically if you see wave X and it sells out, they arenít getting refreshed.

Line line has been beyond frustrating to collect. I prefer to do my shopping in store because paint defects run crazy with this line.... however it does appear to me at least this is not a line thatís gunna stick around for long. Iím not the only one that has been losing interest based on the never ending 3 of the same figures in bulk.

Iíd bet when Masterverse comes out the space for Origins will be cleared out and replaced with you guessed it.... he-man, skeletor and Battlecat in a new scale. 200X all over again. Mattel had learned nothing in almost 20 years.
    Well if true that's disheartening. However, 3 Targets in my area did in fact restock wave 3. Also, this kinda contradicts what Mattel themselves stated at PowerCon: After December 2020, any retailers who wish to purchase previously released waves may do so (see Big Bad and EE). TBH I don't know what to believe. Mattel is a company that has come across as one part not knowing what the other is doing especially in anything Boys related.

Heroic Warrior
    Iíll just be happy if BBTS gets their stock in a reasonable timeframe. I never had a lot of faith brick-n-mortar retail despite what Mattel or anyone else said. Itís nice to have it as a possible alternative to buying them from an E-tailer but this is just the way itís pretty much been for the last couple of decades.

One positive thing I saw today was that my local Target restocked the She-Ra wave. I already have them but hopefully some other collectors and kids will be happy to snatch these up. Hopefully for me the next MOTUO restock will be the Trap Jaw wave or the Stratos wave. And hopefully the She-Ra wave doesnít become the next Wave 1 lol.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    Monkey See, Monkey Do in Austin, TX has a few Evil-Lyns, Man-At-Arms, and Battle Armor Skeletors (I picked up BA Skeletor and left the rest). They're marked up $5 from regular retail stores, but considering I'd be paying more for shipping and it's a local business, I was fine with that. It was fun seeing their display- a mismash of Origins, Super7 Filmation figures, ReAction, etc. I got overly excited when I saw Stratos next to Evil-Lyn until I realized it wasn't the Origins Stratos
    This was my first time going into a locally-owned shop like this and picking up new MOTU figures... I'm curious if they'll continue to stock as new ones come out, or if that was a one and done type of thing.
    I stopped by Monkey See, Monkey Do this afternoon and picked up BA Skeletor. Thanks for the tip! I was also to pick up the Destro variant and R2-D2 (Empire 40th anniversary version). I left my email address with them to let me know if they get new MOTU, so if they get new Origins figures I'll let this thread know.

Well, I am officially done checking at Wal-Mart...

I decided to stop by there today only to find that EVERY peg was filled to the brim with Skeletor and He-Man... again?!?!

Literally 50+ of each and absolutely no other characters.

Hasbro should create an internet meme poking fun at this debacle... it really is a huge joke.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    Waiting for more William Stout characters!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Forcehunter View Post
    Well if true that's disheartening. However, 3 Targets in my area did in fact restock wave 3. Also, this kinda contradicts what Mattel themselves stated at PowerCon: After December 2020, any retailers who wish to purchase previously released waves may do so (see Big Bad and EE). TBH I don't know what to believe. Mattel is a company that has come across as one part not knowing what the other is doing especially in anything Boys related.
    Yeah, if Mattel is really instructing their CSRs to refer to Origins as a "limited edition line" and that its sold on a 'first-come/first-served/OOPS!/All Gone' basis, then it wouldn't surprise me. If the CSR was just making stuff up because it's 2am in the Philippines and he wanted to get some guy off his line and take a nap at his desk, then that wouldn't surprise me either.

Mattel has very little understanding of what Mattel is doing. The people whose job it is to coordinate between disparate lines, teams, divisions and products have little interaction with the people they're supposed to middle manage. By the time a problem is suspected and corrected, the line is cancelled.

It's like the classic Onion headline about Putin learning that Putin is behind the plot to assassinate Putin. I could foresee Mattel issuing a press statement with the following headline:

Mattel shocked to learn that Mattel cancelled an entire toyline under Mattel's orders; Mattel vows to 'not let Mattel make this mistake again,' but Mattel remains skeptical that Mattel will learn from Mattel's error
    Most wanted Origins figures: Mighty Spector, Fisto's Cousin's Babysitter, and Mer-Man's Seventh Grade Crush.

Heroic Warrior
    Same sorry story at every Wal-Mart I checked (three different locations the past 24 hours) and nothing but He's and Skellys and Battle Cats.

Stopped into Target to find the Zodak wave once again restocked to 2 pegs worth. I got the better Mer-Man of two - never I figure I was fascinated with or even had as a kid, but as a person who loves all things from the sea and wanting more bad guys, he was a must for me. I said if I saw him again, I'd buy him so I did.

I'm wondering if only some people are finding the Orko wave because of few scatter shipments that made it out. I can't believe people actually found those figures at the store - they are like the Holy Grail at this point.

Heroic Warrior
    My target had 6 cases of wave 3 tonight just waiting to be put on pegs. No deluxe figures though.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Night Stalker View Post
    Yeah, if Mattel is really instructing their CSRs to refer to Origins as a "limited edition line" and that its sold on a 'first-come/first-served/OOPS!/All Gone' basis, then it wouldn't surprise me. If the CSR was just making stuff up because it's 2am in the Philippines and he wanted to get some guy off his line and take a nap at his desk, then that wouldn't surprise me either.

Mattel has very little understanding of what Mattel is doing. The people whose job it is to coordinate between disparate lines, teams, divisions and products have little interaction with the people they're supposed to middle manage. By the time a problem is suspected and corrected, the line is cancelled.

It's like the classic Onion headline about Putin learning that Putin is behind the plot to assassinate Putin. I could foresee Mattel issuing a press statement with the following headline:

I wouldnít be shocked either, he sounded like if I asked him his own name he would have had to think about it. However the only credibility Iíd stand behind was that these are one and done waves. Iím sure some stores are getting lots of luck with refreshes, but Iíve only found wave 1 once (most had qc issues so I passed. Never saw them again.). Then all main 2 characters. Then the she-ra wave once, then main 2 replaced the spots and never moved.

I stand by willing to bet by September He-Man, Skeletor and BC are all yellow tagged in target and replaced with a new line. Stores are usually Baron anyway with other toy lines, but Mattel especially just doesnít show up. McFarlane, transformers and power rangers usually get refreshed twice a month and then move quick. Masters Iíve never seen refreshed with anything other than the same junk over and over and over again.
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Anubis View Post

Line line has been beyond frustrating to collect. I prefer to do my shopping in store because paint defects run crazy with this line.
    I hear you and I am usually the same way...usually. But, this is certainly an unusual line and unusual times. I have come to the conclusion that I am lucky to get them any way I can at the normal retail price (or close to it) and I am looking at all sources (ebay, online, in store) and grabbing them wherever I can. I have even let go of trying to get a mint card. I mean, if it arrives mint then great. If not...well...at least I got it anyway to open and display. Yep, this is an extremely frustrating line to collect. I think these will go up in value over time and will in the future be known as "pandemic era" lines....worth more than usual as people will attribute the pandemic as a reason for low production runs, low stock, small availability...etc.

All of that said I love this line and will make every effort to obtain them all. Not for resale purposes but just for me as I believe it is one of the best things to come out of MOTU since..well...the originals.

20210307_102056.jpg

Found full pegs with lots of Wave 2 at a Dayton, Ohio Wal-Mart this morning - two of each appeared freshly stocked. Felt kind of heartening even though I am sure they'll be wiped out by midday. Stopped by two Wal-Marts and between the two a buyer could have completed Waves 1 and 2 with Battle-Cat and the Sky Sled.

I was in search of the Deluxe figures and the only place with pegs, my local Target, was a wasteland with a couple He-Man and Skeletors, a couple Battle-Cats, empty deluxe pegs and, of course, a couple middle-aged dudes storming down the aisles rifling through everything (I hate what I know I also am). This is why Keldor/Kronis gives me anxiety (refreshes page for the 20,000th time in a week)....

Quote Originally Posted by Gog View Post
    20210307_102056.jpg

Found full pegs with lots of Wave 2 at a Dayton, Ohio Wal-Mart this morning - two of each appeared freshly stocked. Felt kind of heartening even though I am sure they'll be wiped out by midday. Stopped by two Wal-Marts and between the two a buyer could have completed Waves 1 and 2 with Battle-Cat and the Sky Sled.

I was in search of the Deluxe figures and the only place with pegs, my local Target, was a wasteland with a couple He-Man and Skeletors, a couple Battle-Cats, empty deluxe pegs and, of course, a couple middle-aged dudes storming down the aisles rifling through everything (I hate what I know I also am). This is why Keldor/Kronis gives me anxiety (refreshes page for the 20,000th time in a week)....
    ďStorming down the aisleĒ lmao. Well thatís the reason why and if I find anything thatís hard to find I will buy whatever they have to help someone that canít find them. I did that with the movie studio series transformers. That may make me as bad as others but at least Iím not making a profit
    "There's no back door to heaven just a front door to hell" - DIO RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Brasco View Post
    ďStorming down the aisleĒ lmao. Well thatís the reason why and if I find anything thatís hard to find I will buy whatever they have to help someone that canít find them. I did that with the movie studio series transformers. That may make me as bad as others but at least Iím not making a profit
    I don't know a better way to put it... there's a certain fast walk that is very purposeful and you gotta stay out of their way... Like I said, I fit the profile, too, so I poke fun at myself.

I was torn re: exactly what you point out - do I buy them all and offer up here or leave in the optimistic but realistically unrealistic hope maybe some kid shopping can actually score Scare-Glow? I left 'em - and I'm sure they're on Ebay at $45 apiece already.

Still, they're restocking and this wave still exists so maybe it's not as dire as we feel.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Brasco View Post
    “Storming down the aisle” lmao.
    Man, can you imagine us doing this in another 20-25 years?
    Too fat for more than one of us to fit down the aisle at a time or pulling our Jazzies up to the shelves. Holding the cards so close to our faces that they touch our noses. Saying to our very adult children at this point, “Look at this! Does this have good paint apps? Are the eyes all wonky?” Arguing with the store clerks, “$59.99?!? For one figure?!? He doesn’t even come with a sword anymore!” “Well, the swords are over here sir.” “$29.99 for a sword?!? Ahk, you people can keep it! Highway robbery, I tell ya!” Then we proceed to hold the guy up from his job for 45 minutes giving him the complete history of Mattel and MOTU without him even asking for it. Telling him once again to “keep your junk” before finally waiting in the aisle until the guy leaves and loading up, telling ourselves we’re starting a collection for the (great)grandkids.
    Last edited by whakojacko; March 7, 2021 at 01:55pm.

I don't know a better way to put it... there's a certain fast walk that is very purposeful and you gotta stay out of their way... Like I said, I fit the profile, too, so I poke fun at myself.

I was torn re: exactly what you point out - do I buy them all and offer up here or leave in the optimistic but realistically unrealistic hope maybe some kid shopping can actually score Scare-Glow? I left 'em - and I'm sure they're on Ebay at $45 apiece already.

Still, they're restocking and this wave still exists so maybe it's not as dire as we feel.
    Oh I know exactly who youíre talking about. I admit Iím guilty of that myself sometimes. I feel that I need to get their as fast as I can before others like myself beat me to the aisle haha.

I do see restocking from time to time but very minimal and gone just as fast
    "There's no back door to heaven just a front door to hell" - DIO RIP

Heroic Warrior
    Found some wave 2 at a Walmart in Cullman AL this morning.

Heroic Warrior
    You know that Mattel is doing a better job than Hasbro with sending multiple figures of characters but you still get mad when you see a pegwarming army of He-Mans, Skeletors and Teelas even though its nice to see at least one or two Beast Man figures.

I managed to find Ram Man, Clamp Champ, and "Rowdy" Roddy Piper yesterday. I went to 6 Targets and 5 Walmarts to find those 3 figures.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

20210307_102056.jpg

Uuuuuuuuuuugh! I want one of those Trap-Jaws!!
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    Waiting for more William Stout characters!!!

So I had some time to kill and was in a different part of town Saturday. I visited three Targets and a Wal-Mart. All the same - just He-Man and Skeletor and Battle Cat

I saw wave 3 figures in a Target by USF in Tampa. I already have them though. Walk art across the street had nothing. And only a half isle of actual figures.

Heroic Warrior
    Hit two other Targets yesterday and found wave 3 at both. One store got 2 cases. After talking with my cousin, I got her daughter a She-Ra for her Easter basket. At least this wave is getting out and I can have a squad of troops for LoP Merman to command. Assuming the future waves get fulfilled at BBTS and EE, I can safely say I am only missing Scareglow and that won't feel like too bad of a blow if I dont get the 4 I ordered (I consider him an army-builder, not an individual).

My other Target had Zodac and Roboto. Snagged Zodac as I already have 2 Robotoís... the paint apps are absolutely horrendous, but at this point beggars canít be choosers. If I see a better one Iíll just exchange it. Pretty sure it has 2 different hands as well.
    Instagram: dadhausen

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by DadStrong View Post
    My other Target had Zodac and Roboto. Snagged Zodac as I already have 2 Roboto’s... the paint apps are absolutely horrendous, but at this point beggars can’t be choosers. If I see a better one I’ll just exchange it. Pretty sure it has 2 different hands as well.
    I’m starting to worry that my BBTS orders are going to all come with 2 left legs, bad paint and brittle joints. I better start looking at the stores for replacements (even before they arrive). Ugh.

The Trap Jaw I found a few days ago looks good, although his belt is upside down.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by DadStrong View Post
    My other Target had Zodac and Roboto. Snagged Zodac as I already have 2 Roboto’s... the paint apps are absolutely horrendous, but at this point beggars can’t be choosers. If I see a better one I’ll just exchange it. Pretty sure it has 2 different hands as well.
    Yeah the Target near me had Zodac and Roboto as well…grabbed a Roboto. Agreed on the paint apps. Still pretty surprised they just eliminated his heart this time around. And the gear that controls the mouth/visor movement is ridiculous…it makes him chatter instead of opening and closing the visor. Just weird. Of what's released I have just He-Man, Skeletor and Roboto…and I only want She-Ra, Orko and Man-E-Faces. After that I'm done till King Hiss and Hordak are released. Then I'm done.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    Well, on a whim, I went into Target tonight. Just for the hell of it.

Saw Roboto, Mer-Man, Zodac, He-Man, Skeletor, and Battle Cat. I picked them all up. Seeing Roboto, Mer-Man, and Zodac and how vintage they looked and in that vintage packaging forced me.

I then went to Walmart, where they had many, many Skeletors, He-Mans, and Battlecats, and a few Evil-Lyns and Teelas. I picked up Evil-Lyn and Teela.

Went to two more Walmarts and they were swamped with He-Mans, Skeletors, and Battlecats. They had a couple Evil-Lyns and Teelas.

Those Skeletors, He-Mans, and Battlecats don't seem like they are going to move, and it seems like this is the case most everywhere at Walmarts. What is up with this distribution?
    I hit several Walmarts today too and it was pretty much the same. Whatís up with all of the leftover Teelas and Evil Lyns? After reading your post Iím starting to think maybe they arenít exactly leftovers. I saw them at most of the Walmarts too but none of them had any Man-At-Arms or Beastmen. Is it just coincidence or are these now shipping sometimes without Beastman and Man-At-Arms? Maybe some are shipping with He-Man and Skeletor???