Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 29373839

Thread: MOTU Origins found IN STORE!

Quote Originally Posted by Brasco View Post
    Flocked panthor is exclusive to what store? Kinda sucks heís exclusive
    Of all places, the flocked Panthor is exclusive to Walmart

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

You're gonna see alot of missing heads and weapons on the cards of these deluxe figures.

Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    I'm calling it now...Battle Armor Skeletor and He-Man will be the RAREST figure to find because of all the idiots that are going to buy multiples for the vintage styled heads...

I can see that coming...

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/mLoAA...tp/s-l1600.png

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/L90AA...rR/s-l1600.png
    I donít think anyone buying multiples is an idiot. I think you just have people who likely want their He-Man and Adam figures to have vintage-style heads, and Skeletor as well. I know I do. I hate the current ďmodernĒ sculpts on those three.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by stprime View Post
    I love these commercials. Everything from the narrator to the children is pitch perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiah2849 View Post
    I donít think anyone buying multiples is an idiot. I think you just have people who likely want their He-Man and Adam figures to have vintage-style heads, and Skeletor as well. I know I do. I hate the current ďmodernĒ sculpts on those three.

- - - Updated - - -
    See then Mattel should have thought of that before hand

I REALLY hate Army Builders especially with figures that are/were hard to find and someone buys all of them....

This was the case when the POTF came out in 1995 could not find a Stormtrooper for MONTHS saw some in the store then guy had about 10-15 in the cart....Way too much I don't care if these people have to buy 200-300 of an Army Builder for whatever reason you never saw this years ago....If they were PLENTIFUL fine but when there is limited don't buy them all... Don't be greedy.....

Does anyone have links for the wave 3 figures on Walmart.com?

I wanted to like Origins.

The new He-Man head is trash. If you want the real head you have to buy some limited exclusive or double/triple/quadruple dip on the upcoming battle armor version. Most of the joint cuts look poorly done, rushed and break up the aesthetics. Skeletor's wrists are especially bad. The pull-apart nature is a play gimmick that doesn't really enhance anything and probably made some of the joints worse. Trap Jaw is the first I almost liked but his headsculpt looks worse than the original toy.

I don't care if the fanboys rage. I'm not spending my money on these. I'm not obligated to "support the brand", so no, if they're not making a product that interests me I don't buy it. Simple.

They could do 80s reissues in droves, there is certainly a market demand, but Brian "I don't make toys, I make adult collectibles for individuals with discerning tastes, for those who preorder only" Flynn convinced them that reissues are "boring". I'm glad I don't give money to Super7 because I don't care to support the guy who runs it.

Quote Originally Posted by xTIMMYxCOREx View Post
    Does anyone have links for the wave 3 figures on Walmart.com?
    Wave 3?? We're lucky to get Wave 2....

Visited a couple Walmarts today and the pegs were packed with wave one! I grabbed Beast Man and Evil Lyn; decided to limit myself to the villains.

Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    Visited a couple Walmarts today and the pegs were packed with wave one! I grabbed Beast Man and Evil Lyn; decided to limit myself to the villains.
    Next time I hit up Walmart I'm grabbing one of each figure for Toys for Tots.
    My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 10/31/2020

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    Wave 3?? We're lucky to get Wave 2....
    I still canít find Wave 1 near me

Quote Originally Posted by yeahthatsme1973 View Post
    I still canít find Wave 1 near me
    That sucks this distribution is pathetic....

I actually found a mint carded He-man today. That makes 2 out of 10 undamaged cards
    "There's no back door to heaven just a front door to hell" - DIO RIP

One good thing about Walmart having cases and cases of He-Man and Skeletor is that I was actually able to find one of each on near-mint cards for display in package. Of course, that's going to be close to impossible to do with figures like Scareglow or the Masters of the WWE Universe Undertaker.

Widget
    I can't find these anywhere in my area of Canada.

Sent from my SM-G970W using Tapatalk

Price gouging from retailer

Anyone take a look at the current prices of scareglow and orko on WM website? Pretty bad when even WM is gouging prices now. 35.00 currently in stock. Great job Mattel......scareglow went quick even with the inflated prices.
    The true power of childhood is imagination.

Donít let FOMO get you down! These will be available in stores other than Walmart very soon.

More like buyers remorse. I bought three....hopefully one comes in with a decent card.
    The true power of childhood is imagination.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty.81 View Post
    Next time I hit up Walmart I'm grabbing one of each figure for Toys for Tots.
    Good on you sir, thats what this time is about!

I have been very focused in hunting (including out of state searches while on business travel), but extremely lucky in my state's MOTU Origins distribution. I live a bit out of the way and the smaller than normal, (nicer than normal) local walmart has had an outstanding MOTU representation. The only complaint is the Skysleds came in about a month before any wave 1, and it happened only once that I have kept somewhat close record of. At the time of this writing, they have battlecats and all of wave1 a plenty. When I visit the store I actually have sort of cleaned up the area to make it look nice for the next kid/collector that may be interested.

It's not a popular thing to share respecting there is a drought at some busier locations but I have bought a hell of a lot of these figures now that dist is store packed around here, and have been gifting them to friends/fam/friends - its been an excellent gift on all levels so far. Running low on Teela's for a bit but my Nieces loved them. We were starved for BeastMan and ManAtArms for a long bit but now its super healthy. I have noticed the MOTUWWE seems to get hit hard though, those pegs have been anemic but I have stumbled on the scareglow like Undertaker which was a difficult find.

I have gotten my hands on wave 2 and duplicates (opening/MOC/Mods/Gifts, whatever I feel like) with some effort though required dealing with walmarts website. We are still combating bots/scalpers on the daily there.
    In the beginning, I paid some scalper prices on a sled, skeletor, he-man, scareglow - and everytime I ended up wishing I just had a lil more patience. Almost each of those rounds by the time that ebay item came in, I was able to nab a few at normal price online, in a store, etc. At first, there was only a few skeletors, then the awesome day that He-Man and Skeletor came around here, then eventually they all made it in. It just took time for the dist to saturate.

If mattel can saturate the market as we have heard is the intention, this lessons the motivation of the scalper community. Once no longer rare it is common - and common prices will tune up that markup.
    However, looking at MOTWWE as a rough guide, how many times have you seen a glow Undertaker on a store peg?

No word of Wave 3 at retail in the US that I have seen.
    local stock here on east coast is looking better and better:

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by diosoth View Post
    I wanted to like Origins. The new He-Man head is trash.
    - I respect where your coming from, its not the fans job to bankroll a large company's product, its our purchase and maybe sometimes passion we can offer if the product being created matches the want. Nor more, no less. I was really in a similar camp, and still am not a huge fan of Skeletor's head design. It's certainly different from what we have gotten before. I have the vintage, 200x, all the classics versions and that skeletor Origins head is a lil nutty. Holy crap though its so easily resolved, the buck of these figures is something that changed my mind as soon as I got a moment with them in hand. Classics and 200x, safe to say they were more adult in tone, or in 200x's at least more mature in design and hyper detail.

However, as a HUGE fan of those more serious toned MOTU, damn these origins are neat in hand man. They are just fun. Then I realized the sword/shield/Head design really looks close to the very first vintage MOTU comic from one of the very first mini comics. The Axe...its all pretty spot on, and that is where this head is attempted from, and that made me feel a lot better about it being different, its inspired from the vintage comic.

I have been swapping heads with all the many...MANY MOTU Classic extra heads I had and it's made for a neat shelf. Using these awesome posable bucks, (with a small file or hot water) can leverage other Mattel heads and spin something up.

I 3D sculpted my own Origins/Classics Hybrid powersword cause I wanted a full sword, and the SDCC and Adam one has a super huge hilt that just doesnt work well.

The local Walmarts all around me are slowly starting starting to get restock more regularly. Up until a month ago, I couldn't find a single figure and I've never seen a single Sky Sled. Hopefully this is a good sign that Mattel is getting product out to meet demand.

Heroic Warrior
    I'm going to beat a dead horse, but damn those female knees are awful.

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    I'm going to beat a dead horse, but damn those female knees are awful.
    Yeah it's the one thing I do not like about the Origins figures. I do believe I read that She-Ra has different or retooled legs. Hopefully this means the future female figures won't have the Wave one legs.