Page 74 of 80 FirstFirst ... 24647273747576 ... LastLast
Results 1,826 to 1,850 of 1993

Thread: MOTU Origins found IN STORE!

Quote Originally Posted by Dylamug View Post
    They are doing mostly repaints and standard parts so far, but eventually they're going to have to do lots of new parts if they intend to even just finish vintage. Every Hordesmen, every Snake except Khan, the 3 movie guys, the Rock Men, Extendar, Rio Blast, Sy-klone, Blast Attak, Two-Bad...they ALL require 100% new tooling (at least they're vintage counterparts all had new tooling. Once that floodgate is opened, there's really no limit to the characters they COULD do if they're willing. And fingers crossed they will be.
    Fingers crossed itíll go that way!
    I wasnít sure what to expect, the waves were a bit conservative with tooling... heavy on repaints... I was like- Are they just doing the easy figures and then peace out?!

But now weíre getting the Horde! I would be very happy if we not only get all these unique-sculpt later MOTU figures, but some surprises and new ones!

I guess itís good for them to be careful at first.

Will Green Goddess be the first non-vintage character in Origins?

Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    Will Green Goddess be the first non-vintage character in Origins?
    After Keldor, yes. They were both mini-comic characters though from vintage (even if Keldor was only ever mentioned by name).
    Clearing out Classics, Super7 and vintage MOTU & PoP figures... check out my threads in the Marketplace for Fisto, Sorceress, BA variants, SDCC exclusives and more!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    After Keldor, yes. They were both mini-comic characters though from vintage (even if Keldor was only ever mentioned by name).
    And Kronis, and 200x Evil-lyn.
    Let's see a Deluxe Dylamug in MOTU Origins!

Quote Originally Posted by Dylamug View Post
    And Kronis, and 200x Evil-lyn.
    And Dupli-Cat!

One of the more exciting bits to come for the Pixel Dan interview is that He-Man is going to have the vintage style head going forward. Not sure if that means they're going to release more of the easy-to-find He-Man figs with the new (old) head. Now I don't have to worry about trying to find a deluxe BA He-Man.

I don't even mind the new Origins He-Man head, but the vintage is obviously already perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamato Yoshi View Post
    One of the more exciting bits to come for the Pixel Dan interview is that He-Man is going to have the vintage style head going forward. Not sure if that means they're going to release more of the easy-to-find He-Man figs with the new (old) head. Now I don't have to worry about trying to find a deluxe BA He-Man.

I don't even mind the new Origins He-Man head, but the vintage is obviously already perfect.
    Vintage heads and full swords.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    MASTERS OF THE SMITTYVERSE
    My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 6/13/2021

Decent MOTUO day for me here in Massachusetts. Snagged a Ninjor and Stratos at Target (still one Stratos left in Taunton if anyone is nearby). I was also able to grab a Scare Glow from Amazon for $21 w/ free shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamato Yoshi View Post
    The vintage He-Man head is just an iconic masterpiece. Like, it doesnít translate well into comics, but for the toy, itís just so expressive!
    I agree, I was ok with the new head, but now Iím looking forward to play switch around with He-Heads.

I don't dislike the vintage He-Man head, but I did always think his hair was a bit too short. ((Shrug))
    My matches, toy reviews, promos and more are on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post

*Fingers crossed for more female POP characters in Origins*
    I'm really hoping we get some POP love next year. Like, maybe a full POP Origins line or even just an exclusive or something.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty.81 View Post
    I'm not sure that counts...
    I think it might. I mean, they specifically mentioned GG being on the packaging for the SDCC two pack, so I think con exclusive packaging puts characters on the table.

It probably varies depending on where you live, but anyone having better luck spotting the harder to get ones in the morning at Target or Walmart on a certain day(s) of the week over others in the United States?

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Really liking the latest reveals. The Goddess is cool, I wish they gave her a new face sculpt at least or a spear instead of the Staff of Ka. Stinkor and Webstor are great, as expected. I'm LOVING the LOP Beast Man though, he looks so 70s sci-fi. Mosquitor looks pretty amazing with the new comic style head.
    MOTU Origins Wishlist: Oo-Larr, Rattlor, Hawke, Slamurai, Lodar, Snake Face, Geldor, Plasmar, Lord Gr'Asp, Strobo, Extendar, Jitsu, Tung Lashor

For a figure I had zero interest in (and mild annoyance at) when the listing went live on BBTS, Lords Of Power Beast Man is actually my favorite of the new photo reveals from that particular wave. It looks like an entirely new character with that color scheme and is incredibly eye-catching. I am also impressed by Green Goddess... are her bracers and boot fur silver? Love that they did not go the translucent route with her and the colors are better than the Classics version. Webstor and Stinkor look perfect (although if I were to throw criticism at Stinkor, it's that similarly to Ninjor I'm not crazy about the red gloves being a paint app vs. being a more-defined sculpted detail). Question- why are we seeing Fisto in this batch of photos? Is he somehow different than the Fisto that's popping up with the Faker wave?
    Clearing out Classics, Super7 and vintage MOTU & PoP figures... check out my threads in the Marketplace for Fisto, Sorceress, BA variants, SDCC exclusives and more!

For a figure I had zero interest in (and mild annoyance at) when the listing went live on BBTS, Lords Of Power Beast Man is actually my favorite of the new photo reveals from that particular wave. It looks like an entirely new character with that color scheme and is incredibly eye-catching. I am also impressed by Green Goddess... are her bracers and boot fur silver? Love that they did not go the translucent route with her and the colors are better than the Classics version. Webstor and Stinkor look perfect (although if I were to throw criticism at Stinkor, it's that similarly to Ninjor I'm not crazy about the red gloves being a paint app vs. being a more-defined sculpted detail). Question- why are we seeing Fisto in this batch of photos? Is he somehow different than the Fisto that's popping up with the Faker wave?
    I agree. I had no interest in LOP MEr-Man or Beast Man but I really like the look of them, especially Beast Man as he is so different.

Quote Originally Posted by BooperScoop View Post
    I'm really hoping we get some POP love next year. Like, maybe a full POP Origins line or even just an exclusive or something.
    This might be one of the biggest questions for Origins- if weíll see more POP beyond just She-Ra!
    They are pushing the Horde now, and afterwards, it would be the Snake Men, according to vintage. But what if we get Bow, Glimmer, (Toy-)Catra, Angella, Sea Hawk... It would probably be in the regular packaging, but with a sticker.
    Another reason to further improve those female knees :-}

If that happens, (and the line continues to sell ok), the skyís the limit- even NA could happen! Following a bit the Classics playbook.

- - - Updated - - -

[...] I am also impressed by Green Goddess... are her bracers and boot fur silver? Love that they did not go the translucent route with her and the colors are better than the Classics version. [...]
    Ah! I assumed people like the translucent, since it was kind of established in Classics and ReAction, I was expecting that and was a bit surprised. But the more I look at her, the more I like her! So excited about getting her, and to see what they do with her in the Mini Comic...

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic View Post
    They are pushing the Horde now, and afterwards, it would be the Snake Men, according to vintage. But what if we get Bow, Glimmer, (Toy-)Catra, Angella, Sea Hawk... It would probably be in the regular packaging, but with a sticker.
    I think Entraptra(SP) should be on the short list on POP characters, maybe even before Angella. Also yeah they should keep the packaging the same and tell the story of He-Man joining the great rebellion through the mini comics.

My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 6/13/2021

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    It probably varies depending on where you live, but anyone having better luck spotting the harder to get ones in the morning at Target or Walmart on a certain day(s) of the week over others in the United States?
    In my corner of Florida, Target is the only place to go for non-He-Man and Skeletor figures. The Walmart nearest to my house took down the He-Man and Skeletor pegs. Who do you consider harder to get? If you are refering to wave 2, then its a no-win situation. 3-4, I can spot remnants across town every few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty.81 View Post
    I think Entraptra(SP) should be on the short list on POP characters, maybe even before Angella. Also yeah they should keep the packaging the same and tell the story of He-Man joining the great rebellion through the mini comics.
    I wholeheartedly agree!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Forcehunter View Post
    In my corner of Florida, Target is the only place to go for non-He-Man and Skeletor figures. The Walmart nearest to my house took down the He-Man and Skeletor pegs. Who do you consider harder to get? If you are refering to wave 2, then its a no-win situation. 3-4, I can spot remnants across town every few weeks.
    I wonder if them taking down the He-Man and Skeletor pegs (which seems to be increasingly common) has something to do with the upcoming vintage style refreshes.

Quote Originally Posted by BooperScoop View Post
    I wonder if them taking down the He-Man and Skeletor pegs (which seems to be increasingly common) has something to do with the upcoming vintage style refreshes.
    The Walmart I work at is getting ready to do a mod reset in a few weeks you could have something to do with that. But that didn't stop me from rearranging the pegs so that there was only one for he man and skeletor and 4 for everyone else, don't tell my team lead.

My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 6/13/2021

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic View Post

Ah! I assumed people like the translucent, since it was kind of established in Classics and ReAction, I was expecting that and was a bit surprised. But the more I look at her, the more I like her! So excited about getting her, and to see what they do with her in the Mini Comic...
    The translucent wasn't a bad idea per se, but I found her armor, bracers, boots, unitard outfit, etc to be painted in these drab colors that just looked "bleh" along with the color they used for the translucent green body. She just looked better to me in the comic and not so much as an action figure.

I'm just relieved that Mattel is willing to make figures of characters that weren't in the original line. The inclusion of such an element of unpredictability keeps things exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    I'm just relieved that Mattel is willing to make figures of characters that weren't in the original line. The inclusion of such an element of unpredictability keeps things exciting.
    Yes, agreed. I have no complaints about the character rollout to this point.

Well, walked into my local Target today for the 1000th time since Origins began and expected to see the usual He-Man and Skeletor wall. Well, I did, but this time...something else! Yup, behind the He-Men sat one Triclops, one Ninjor, and one Stratos. I almost lost it. Did not expect to actually see something new for once. Picked up all three of course