Page 49 of 58 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,225 of 1445

Thread: MOTU Origins found IN STORE!

I think I found a few good uses for the BA surprised head.

Last edited by Smitty.81; January 9, 2021 at 01:35pm.
    MASTERS OF THE SMITTYVERSE
    My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 2/27/2021

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty.81 View Post
    I think I found a few rood uses for the BA surprised head.

https://i.imgur.com/ukrBj3k.jpghttps://i.imgur.com/SVW7WzK.jpg
    Lol funny stuff
    "There's no back door to heaven just a front door to hell" - DIO RIP

I found the two Battle Armor figures at Target this morning.

I'm happy with the two Skeletor heads, but the default He-Man head is hilariously ridiculous. (I'm glad he comes with a vintage-style head.) The only problem with the packaging was that Skeletor's card was torn right on top of the peg hole. (Naturally, Skeletor was the one I wanted to keep in package, but it was nothing some tape couldn't fix.)

Skeletor's frowny face makes it look like he just dropped his ice cream cone on the sidewalk, while He-Man's frowny face makes it look like he just walked in on Teela bumping uglies with Beastman. (Thank you for that mental image, Robot Chicken.)

I also went to Walmart to see if any of the vast empty patches of shelf space in the toy isle had been filled, but despite the fact that there were two pallets' worth of boxes of toys sitting in the area earlier during the week, there were only a few odds and ends added to the toys that were already on the pegs. Target may be slow to restock, but at least they're trying. Walmart can't seem to get its stuff together.

Randomly checked a target by me on my way home from my kids' baseball game and to my pleasant surprise found Panthor, Zodac, Mer-man and She-Ra.
    There was also Skeletor x 1 and Battle Cat x 1.

Edit: Although, the 3 figures were listed at $18.99 and not $15.99 which I thought was odd.
    Last edited by BushLady; January 9, 2021 at 04:32pm.

I still haven't found anything new yet.

I was disappointed to learn from a video review that the purple of the 1st Skeletor and BA Skeletor don't match. So while the vintage toy head from BA He-Man will work on 1st He-Man, the new vintage toy Skeletor head from BA Skeletor won't work on 1st Skeletor.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Quote Originally Posted by FAKER II View Post
    I still haven't found anything new yet.

I was disappointed to learn from a video review that the purple of the 1st Skeletor and BA Skeletor don't match. So while the vintage toy head from BA He-Man will work on 1st He-Man, the new vintage toy Skeletor head from BA Skeletor won't work on 1st Skeletor.
    Honestly I don't think it looks too bad. Is it a perfect match, no but when to armor and cloth ever match perfectly?

My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 2/27/2021

Heroic Warrior
    Honestly I don't think it looks too bad. Is it a perfect match, no but when to armor and cloth ever match perfectly?

https://i.imgur.com/8UYmKza.jpg
    I think they look okay. Great shot, Smitty!

Both his new heads are much better than the first "halloween mask" head.

I think that grumpy head looks ridiculous. But Iím not sure if itís in a good way or a bad way.

It could have just been the lighting in the particular video that I saw. Looking at your photo, it looks like a good match, near identical. It actually looks like the original Skeletor's boots are more dark blue than purple. It looks like the BA Skeletor's boots would look better on the original Skeletor figure.

That looks good. However, I think it makes more sense to give the shield to the standard Skeletor, since the battle harness doesn't provide much in the way of torso protection.

Did you glue two purple sword-halves together? I'm guessing you had to cut off one of the hand guards. I wish Mattel had simply given us the MOTU Classics Alcala sword with the MOTU Origins He-Man and Skeletor figures. That way we would have full swords with each figure. Mattel used Classics accessories with the Masters of the WWE Universe figures, and while the weapons do seem a little bigger with the Origins figures, the scale is close enough to still look good.

Quote Originally Posted by Despondor View Post
    That looks good. However, I think it makes more sense to give the shield to the standard Skeletor, since the battle harness doesn't provide much in the way of torso protection.

Did you glue two purple sword-halves together? I'm guessing you had to cut off one of the hand guards. I wish Mattel had simply given us the MOTU Classics Alcala sword with the MOTU Origins He-Man and Skeletor figures. That way we would have full swords with each figure. Mattel used Classics accessories with the Masters of the WWE Universe figures, and while the weapons do seem a little bigger with the Origins figures, the scale is close enough to still look good.
    The BA Skeletor's purple is a bit darker and have glitter in it. so swapping out the head boot and staff it the best way to get a consistent look.

Yes I did glue the BA and normal swords together for both Skeletor and He-Man. By the way BA He-Man has a different color on his weapons, it more silver than gray.

Yeah Mattel really needs to include full swords with an upcoming He-Man and Skeletor with handles that they can actually hold.
    My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 2/27/2021

"My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

That is awesome!
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    Waiting for more William Stout characters!!!

No Red Beast, We Riot! Whiplash7's Avatar
    My region is on lockdown so Walmart is the only thing open...I found the new minis yesterday but there was also a number origins sky sleds, Battle Cats, and one lonely Zodac on the peg

Heroic Warrior
    By calling around, I was able to score the figures I wanted from Target. I got both Battle Armors and found She-Ra today on a whim at a Target I hadn't checked.

So crazy that once another distributor gets a shot at these, they are magically available everywhere. Wal-Mart is reprehensible, thank GOD they don't have exclusivity to the line anymore. Thanks to those clowns I had to buy a figure I didn't want from Wave 2 and shipping on top of that, all after I had ordered the 3 I wanted only to be cancelled unceremoniously.

I like Battle Armor He-Man but his lighting bolt effect is far too heavy. His wrists don't hold up to that kind of weight.

I went to a few Targets and Walmarts in and around New Orleans today. One of the Targets had a bunch of Wave 1 and had empty pegs labelled for the Battle Armor figures. (I found the Dark Knights Death Metal Batcycle there, but not the Batman that rides it in the artwork.) Another Target had some more Wave 1. My local Target has sold out of all MOTU Origins and hasn't restocked yet. A Walmart I checked must have had about 40 Wave 1 figures on the pegs. There were even more Skeletors on pegs a little farther down the aisle. It was as if an employee had started restocking on a peg before realizing that there were already about 15 Skeletors on the pegs only a few pegs over. (I finally found the McFarlane Warhammer Necro Warrior at that Walmart.)

It seems like all the retailers that planned on carrying MOTU Origins are now drowning in overstock of Wave 1. I blame Walmart; they were sitting on cases of Wave 1 for months during the worse of the Coronavirus Panic while Mattel heard complaints from collectors about not being able to find any figures anywhere. Mattel responded, but Walmart waited even longer to stock them resulting in a deluge of Wave 1 figures getting stocked all at the same time. Hopefully, Target will eventually be able to come through with the next waves. It's promising that I at least saw pegs labelled for the Battle Armor figures.

I got lucky and found Zodac and Roboto today. I'm very impressed with them. I'm especially stoked about Roboto. My Classics Roboto not only had the backwards shoulders, but also had loose ankles and the chest cracked.

In Stereo Where Available Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Yeah I agree they are similar enough.

What I did with mine was I took the more vintage-style Skeletor head and boots from the BA version and put them on the regular Skeletor. That way with the boots being a bit darker, it kind of helps balance out the look with the hood being just slightly darker/different shade than the armor.

I'll probably get a 2nd BA Skeletor at some point so I can just leave the BA boots on him and also use the vintage style head (I didn't buy 2 BA Skeletors to start with because of the stated issues of things not matching well).

I did buy 2 BA He-Man figures. I took the vintage heads from both and put them on Prince Adam and the regular He-Man figure. I also gave the regular He-Man the boots from one of the BA He-Man figures.

I'm not sure if I'll bother picking up a 3rd BA He-Man in order to put the vintage head on the BA variant. To be honest, as others have said, I'm not really thrilled with the look - especially the smaller spinning drums on these BA figures (it's funny that even on the art explaining the action feature on the back of the box looks more like the wider vintage drum). He-Man especially just looks weird because of all that excess bland silver area that this leaves. While Skeletor still looks a bit odd with the smaller drum, the other design elements of his armor at least helps balance out the look to some extent.

I've enjoyed this line so far (I got a few figures in the latter part of 2020, but have gotten a lot more this year with things hitting Target), but had mixed feelings about it due to some of the odd redesign choices, particularly on He-Man and Skeletor's heads and faces. But now that I've swapped parts as described above from the BA figures to the standard He-Man and Skeletor figures (and Adam), with them now better resembling the vintage figures, I'm really enjoying this a hell of a lot more.

The line isn't perfect, and even on some of the other figures there are some design choices that IMO could be better, but all in all its great, especially now being able to put together more iconic looking versions of He-Man and Skeletor.

I love Classics - I was pretty much completest with it (finally capping it off with Snake Mountain, and it will still be my definitive MOTU collection in the grand scheme of things, but this line is a lot of fun with being more akin to the vintage line with some modern updates. And even though I'm a grown adult man in my early 40s, these almost make me want to be on the floor playing with MOTU figures again on a level that the other lines in the past 20 years didn't quite reach.

Most of my vintage collection was given away many years ago aside from a couple of random figures that got mixed in with other things (my dad did still have Castle Graykull and Snake Mountain in the attic, which I reobtained a few years ago). I have some of the commemorative figures that came out around 2000, but kept them all MOC/MIB. While having a full vintage collection would be nice, with all of the money and effort in collecting 200X and then MOTUC, and with the prices I'd have to pay to get a lot of the vintage figures in good condition, and with things like the rubber bands in the legs deteriorating over the years, etc., I just never really had the desire to go all in on trying to build a vintage collection.

While obviously not identical to the vintage figures, this line kind of helps fill that void for me. And since these are in the same scale as the vintage figures, the nice thing is that they are compatible with vintage vehicles, accessories, etc. So even if some items from the vintage line do not come out in Origins, if it is something that I really want and don't have, I could track down that one item/vehicle/etc. and use it with these figures.

And while I do have my vintage Castle Grayskull and Snake Moutain, and I do have the Origins Castle Grayskull on preorder... I'm almost more excited using these Origins figures with the MOTUC Castle Grayskull and Snake Mountain, since scale-wise, those playsets really tower over these 5.5 inch scale figures like they should.

I also did collect most of the 5.5 inch vintage style figures from Super 7, most of which were based on the Filmation looks, and of course with He-Ro and Eldor also being released. So depending on what does and does not come out in Origins, I can easily supplement with the Super 7 figures, like the aforementioned He-Ro and Eldor figures, and the likes of Shadow Weaver and a more Filmation based She-Ra (though the vintage inspired MOTU Origins She-Ra is still really cool - I have both the retail and Power-Con versions of it)... making this a fun line to collect, display, and honestly at least somewhat kind of play with a little bit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Despondor View Post
    It seems like all the retailers that planned on carrying MOTU Origins are now drowning in overstock of Wave 1.
    I think part of the problem is the case ratios that Mattel is sending to retailers. For example, for the standard figures, Target stores seem to be getting a case of 4 regular He-Man, 4 regular Skeletors, and then 1 each of She-Ra, Zodac, Mer-Man, and Roboto.

I certainly understand keeping the regular versions of He-Man and Skeletor available and wanting them to have some continuous presence on the shelves. But the problem with this ratio is that by now a lot of people already have He-Man and Skeletor and want the other figures. So many fans are buying those other wave 3 figures when they find them, with He-Man and Skeletor becoming peg-warmers (that is what I did when I found them at Target). Since it is a case of 12 figures altogether, IMO it would at least make more sense to make it 2 of each figure (He-Man, Skeletor, She-Ra, Zodac, Mer-Man, Roboto) than to have it overloaded with the "main 2" that have been available since Wave 1.

While these are the standard versions of He-Man and Skeletor for this line and not comparatively less desirable variants like the Smash/Spin Blade versions from 200X that clogged shelves, if these ratios aren't improved, this could potentially turn into a similar situation where the shelves are clogged with redundant figures that don't sell, while others are selling faster, but not restocked because the shelves are still full of the figures that are not moving.
    Last edited by Dynamo of Eternia; January 17, 2021 at 07:52pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    Yeah I agree they are similar enough.

What I did with mine was I took the more vintage-style Skeletor head and boots from the BA version and put them on the regular Skeletor. That way with the boots being a bit darker, it kind of helps balance out the look with the hood being just slightly darker/different shade than the armor.

I'll probably get a 2nd BA Skeletor at some point so I can just leave the BA boots on him and also use the vintage style head (I didn't buy 2 BA Skeletors to start with because of the stated issues of things not matching well).

I did buy 2 BA He-Man figures. I took the vintage heads from both and put them on Prince Adam and the regular He-Man figure. I also gave the regular He-Man the boots from one of the BA He-Man figures.

I'm not sure if I'll bother picking up a 3rd BA He-Man in order to put the vintage head on the BA variant. To be honest, as others have said, I'm not really thrilled with the look - especially the smaller spinning drums on these BA figures (it's funny that even on the art explaining the action feature on the back of the box looks more like the wider vintage drum). He-Man especially just looks weird because of all that excess bland silver area that this leaves. While Skeletor still looks a bit odd with the smaller drum, the other design elements of his armor at least helps balance out the look to some extent.

I've enjoyed this line so far (I got a few figures in the latter part of 2020, but have gotten a lot more this year with things hitting Target), but had mixed feelings about it due to some of the odd redesign choices, particularly on He-Man and Skeletor's heads and faces. But now that I've swapped parts as described above from the BA figures to the standard He-Man and Skeletor figures (and Adam), with them now better resembling the vintage figures, I'm really enjoying this a hell of a lot more.

The line isn't perfect, and even on some of the other figures there are some design choices that IMO could be better, but all in all its great, especially now being able to put together more iconic looking versions of He-Man and Skeletor.

I love Classics - I was pretty much completest with it (finally capping it off with Snake Mountain, and it will still be my definitive MOTU collection in the grand scheme of things, but this line is a lot of fun with being more akin to the vintage line with some modern updates. And even though I'm a grown adult man in my early 40s, these almost make me want to be on the floor playing with MOTU figures again on a level that the other lines in the past 20 years didn't quite reach.

Most of my vintage collection was given away many years ago aside from a couple of random figures that got mixed in with other things (my dad did still have Castle Graykull and Snake Mountain in the attic, which I reobtained a few years ago). I have some of the commemorative figures that came out around 2000, but kept them all MOC/MIB. While having a full vintage collection would be nice, with all of the money and effort in collecting 200X and then MOTUC, and with the prices I'd have to pay to get a lot of the vintage figures in good condition, and with things like the rubber bands in the legs deteriorating over the years, etc., I just never really had the desire to go all in on trying to build a vintage collection.

While obviously not identical to the vintage figures, this line kind of helps fill that void for me. And since these are in the same scale as the vintage figures, the nice thing is that they are compatible with vintage vehicles, accessories, etc. So even if some items from the vintage line do not come out in Origins, if it is something that I really want and don't have, I could track down that one item/vehicle/etc. and use it with these figures.

And while I do have my vintage Castle Grayskull and Snake Moutain, and I do have the Origins Castle Grayskull on preorder... I'm almost more excited using these Origins figures with the MOTUC Castle Grayskull and Snake Mountain, since scale-wise, those playsets really tower over these 5.5 inch scale figures like they should.

I also did collect most of the 5.5 inch vintage style figures from Super 7, most of which were based on the Filmation looks, and of course with He-Ro and Eldor also being released. So depending on what does and does not come out in Origins, I can easily supplement with the Super 7 figures, like the aforementioned He-Ro and Eldor figures, and the likes of Shadow Weaver and a more Filmation based She-Ra (though the vintage inspired MOTU Origins She-Ra is still really cool - I have both the retail and Power-Con versions of it)... making this a fun line to collect, display, and honestly at least somewhat kind of play with a little bit.

- - - Updated - - -

I think part of the problem is the case ratios that Mattel is sending to retailers. For example, for the standard figures, Target stores seem to be getting a case of 4 regular He-Man, 4 regular Skeletors, and then 1 each of She-Ra, Zodac, Mer-Man, and Roboto.

I certainly understand keeping the regular versions of He-Man and Skeletor available and wanting them to have some continuous presence on the shelves. But the problem with this ratio is that by now a lot of people already have He-Man and Skeletor and want the other figures. So many fans are buying those other wave 3 figures when they find them, with He-Man and Skeletor becoming peg-warmers (that is what I did when I found them at Target). Since it is a case of 12 figures altogether, IMO it would at least make more sense to make it 2 of each figure (He-Man, Skeletor, She-Ra, Zodac, Mer-Man, Roboto) than to have it overloaded with the "main 2" that have been available since Wave 1.

While these are the standard versions of He-Man and Skeletor for this line and not comparatively less desirable variants like the Smash/Spin Blade versions from 200X that clogged shelves, if these ratios aren't improved, this could potentially turn into a similar situation where the shelves are clogged with redundant figures that don't sell, while others are selling faster, but not restocked because the shelves are still full of the figures that are not moving.
    That's the best part of these figures for me - they are VERY high quality and so durable. I'm not necessarily talking about he best sculpts I've ever seen other anything, but just high quality TOYS. You could easily give these to kids and they would hold up. Yank an arm off?! Just pop it back in. No BS rubber bands to worry about in the legs (probably the BEST part haha) and can get them in excellent poses where they can actually stand. To me, Classics were cool, but I hated all the He-Man sculpts, the face was just as bad as the new Origins one. They need to stick with the proven and iconic He-Man head, there really is no substitute.

But as you said, I feel like the durability, color and fun of these just begs for them to played with and posed. They aren't these high-end collector pieces you need to keep in the package or put in some acrylic. These are still toys that display extraordinarily well. I give high marks to Mattel for finding a great way to keep MOTU going vibrantly. Just wish the distribution was better all around.

I hope they come out with some role play toys - you can't even go into many stores and even find a toy sword anymore let alone a gnarly skull staff. So many opportunities there for some fantasy/creative play. They should do She-Ra's sword and armor too. My most wanted figure is Thunder Punch He-Man, complete with Vac-Metal chest armor. I really hope they go retro with the vac metal!

Vac-Metal! Yes! Please give us Vac-Metal! And Heavy-Metal! *Plays air guitar.

Heroic Warrior
    The walmart i frequent the most just completed their reset. They still have motu and the section includes: 3 pegs for he-man, 3 pegs for skeletor and 3 pegs for the assortment. There was no spot for deluxe figures, vehicles or battle cat and panthor. Looks like target and online retailers are the best shot for those.

Any updates on international release of this line?

Anyone know what this is? Class? Anyone? Anyone? Anyone seen this before?
    Last edited by Fandabidozi; January 21, 2021 at 09:13am.

Quote Originally Posted by scareglow01 View Post
    The walmart i frequent the most just completed their reset. They still have motu and the section includes: 3 pegs for he-man, 3 pegs for skeletor and 3 pegs for the assortment. There was no spot for deluxe figures, vehicles or battle cat and panthor. Looks like target and online retailers are the best shot for those.
    And every WM that is set up like this, will have a peg full of hemen, a peg full of skeletors and an over flow peg of heman/skeletor. (the one wm here has 6 pegs full of those two and an end cap full of pegs that are full of skeletors 50+)

And the walmarts who have done a reset and have no motu pegs, put stuff on clearance.

Quote Originally Posted by banthafett View Post
    And every WM that is set up like this, will have a peg full of hemen, a peg full of skeletors and an over flow peg of heman/skeletor. (the one wm here has 6 pegs full of those two and an end cap full of pegs that are full of skeletors 50+)

And the walmarts who have done a reset and have no motu pegs, put stuff on clearance.
    Iíve been to 3 Walmartís who have already started or completed their reset. All have motu pegs, He-man, Skelly, Battlecat, Panthor and the asst. no pegs for The BA figs though
    "There's no back door to heaven just a front door to hell" - DIO RIP