Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2836373839 LastLast

Thread: MOTU Origins found IN STORE!

Widget
    Or, you could live in Scalper Alley like I do, and see a whole endcap of figures and cardboard display disappear overnight. I still only have a HM and Skel.

Heroic Warrior
    So when is Wave 2 supposed to come to Walmart anyway? I thought they were supposed to be this month that i heard?

Saw some people sharing this on FB.

"My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by BUZZOFF View Post
    Or, you could live in Scalper Alley like I do, and see a whole endcap of figures and cardboard display disappear overnight. I still only have a HM and Skel.
    It's also likely to be Walmart's shoddy distribution system. The demand has died down around here and we have a ton of collectors and scalpers. I can find 2-3 complete sets of wave 1 in some Walmarts. So the feeding frenzy for those folks appears to be over.

Okay, I have to say that Orko is probably the sleeper of wave two. Everyone is going crazy over Scare Glow and Trap Jaw, and Man-E-Faces to a lesser extent, and Orko is being largely overlooked. I'm one of the people who doesn't even like Orko, but I was taking photos for reviews earlier today, and I was surprised at how photogenic he is, and how much he is to pose and mess around with. I debated skipping him during the brief wave two pre-order window back in August, but now I'm glad I went ahead and got him. Plus, the way he's positioned in the package in front of the big cloud makes it look like he's ripping loose with a gigantic magic fart, so he's got that going for him, too!

I'm liking the wave 2 figures better than wave 1, but the paint jobs have gotten WAY sloppier.

Sent from my SM-T867V using Tapatalk
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

Quote Originally Posted by Drunken Fist View Post
    Okay, I have to say that Orko is probably the sleeper of wave two. Everyone is going crazy over Scare Glow and Trap Jaw, and Man-E-Faces to a lesser extent, and Orko is being largely overlooked. I'm one of the people who doesn't even like Orko, but I was taking photos for reviews earlier today, and I was surprised at how photogenic he is, and how much he is to pose and mess around with. I debated skipping him during the brief wave two pre-order window back in August, but now I'm glad I went ahead and got him. Plus, the way he's positioned in the package in front of the big cloud makes it look like he's ripping loose with a gigantic magic fart, so he's got that going for him, too!
    I love this version of Orko. He just seems so cartoony, but it just looks good. I actually think he would fit with Classics as well. I like the Origins figures, but, in my opinion, they've "playschooled" them. They've taken some of the designs and softened them a bit. Trap-jaw had a bit more of a menacing face. They took that and made it a little more "kid" friendly and threw in the super bright neon colors. I like the articulation of his arm, but they've eliminated some of the character his face had. Same with Man-e-faces. The flesh-tone paint on the arms looks a little cheap. They should of did the opposite. They should have molded the entire arm out of the matching orange flesh tone and painted the blue armor.

Oh well it's still fun having them. Seeing them sitting out on a table brings me back.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

THE OP the Matrix refused stprime's Avatar
    "I invent, transform, create, and destroy for a living, and when I don't like something I change it."
    Evil, it's just sooo much easier,"til all are NONE. Destructicons, UNITE!!!!
    FEEDBACK

Quote Originally Posted by wayne-klops View Post
    I'm liking the wave 2 figures better than wave 1, but the paint jobs have gotten WAY sloppier.

Sent from my SM-T867V using Tapatalk
    I have to agree on this. I recently got a scare glow and it looks nothing like the pics online. The black paint looks pretty bad in person.
    "There's no back door to heaven just a front door to hell" - DIO RIP

Still having a hard time finding this stuff in store but I have managed to compete waves one and two, except for Orko, who I'm really on the fence about.

Attached Images Attached Images
    My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 10/31/2020

Heroic Warrior
    Has anyone found wave 2 in store yet. Only thing around here is a bunch of wave 1, which all seem to be peg warmers.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by scareglow01 View Post
    Has anyone found wave 2 in store yet. Only thing around here is a bunch of wave 1, which all seem to be peg warmers.
    Same here in my area. I can find about 2 or 3 complete sets per Walmart. May have to pick some up for Toys 4 Tots just to clear the pegs.

Quote Originally Posted by Forcehunter View Post
    Same here in my area. I can find about 2 or 3 complete sets per Walmart. May have to pick some up for Toys 4 Tots just to clear the pegs.
    I like this idea.
    My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 10/31/2020

No sign of wave 2 in my area yet. Wave 1 has turned into peg warmers here as well. The only exception is the Sky Sled which disappeared months ago never to be seen again. The rest of wave 1 is easy to find now.
    Out of the darkness and into your mind

I'm calling it now...Battle Armor Skeletor and He-Man will be the RAREST figure to find because of all the idiots that are going to buy multiples for the vintage styled heads...

I can see that coming...

Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    I'm calling it now...Battle Armor Skeletor and He-Man will be the RAREST figure to find because of all the idiots that are going to buy multiples for the vintage styled heads...

I can see that coming...

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/mLoAA...tp/s-l1600.png

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/L90AA...rR/s-l1600.png
    Well, I will buy one of each (they LOOK like He-Man and Skeletor! Finally!) Now fix that doofy Trap Jaw head....

I can see that coming...

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/mLoAA...tp/s-l1600.png

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/L90AA...rR/s-l1600.png
    I only really want one of each.

At least wanting an extra for the alternate head will be a more resonable excuse than some of the crap the scalper scum came up with over the years like buying multiples of one figure on day of sale to save on postage then putting them on eBay for 4x what they paid.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    I only really want one of each.

At least wanting an extra for the alternate head will be a more resonable excuse than some of the crap the scalper scum came up with over the years like buying multiples of one figure on day of sale to save on postage then putting them on eBay for 4x what they paid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cammor View Post
    Well, I will buy one of each (they LOOK like He-Man and Skeletor! Finally!) Now fix that doofy Trap Jaw head....
    A Friend of mine is going to be doing this because he opens everything and all of the Skeletor's and He-Man that were made into vintage he's going to be buying just for the freakin' heads.....

Why didn't they make these ORIGINALLY instead of giving us new sculpts that:

A.No One wants
    B.Doesn't even look like the vintage figure?

I can see that coming...
    We keep hearing Mattel say that the figures will be easy to find, but I can totally see your logic. It's a fairly inexpensive line, and the figures are super easy to customize, even for non-customizers, so....
    Odd Man Out

Will the battle armor figures be exclusive to a certain store, or will they be available at multiple stores?

Quote Originally Posted by manowar View Post
    Will the battle armor figures be exclusive to a certain store, or will they be available at multiple stores?

By the time they are released multiple stores will be able to carry them

Quote Originally Posted by Brasco View Post
    By the time they are released multiple stores will be able to carry them
    I was just wondering, I know Target is getting a 2 pack exclusive next year. Wasn't sure if any other store was getting their own exclusive

I was just wondering, I know Target is getting a 2 pack exclusive next year. Wasn't sure if any other store was getting their own exclusive

I donít think there were any other exclusives announced yet

Quote Originally Posted by Brasco View Post
    I donít think there were any other exclusives announced yet
    Did a quick search, looks like Keldor and Kronos 2 pack and flocked Panthor are the only exclusives.

Did a quick search, looks like Keldor and Kronos 2 pack and flocked Panthor are the only exclusives.

Flocked panthor is exclusive to what store? Kinda sucks heís exclusive