Page 106 of 110 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108 ... LastLast
Results 2,626 to 2,650 of 2728

Thread: MOTU Origins found IN STORE!

Opiate of the Masses anytimepally's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by grenadaspice View Post
    Silly question, but for those who have Ram Man and opened him, has anyone joined his 2 axes to make a double-end axe / staff weapon? Looks like it's meant for that with the hole in the new 2-blade axe, but I haven't seen pics off anyone doing this...
    Yes, it is meant to be joined that way. You can see it in some of the review videos on youtube.

Just found 3 Grayskulls in my local Target. All 3 boxes were absolutely smashed. My daughter lost it she was in awe of all of them
    Instagram: dadhausen

Heroic Warrior
    Walmart by my house which had NOTHING BUT WAVE 1 and HM & Skelly got wave 5 in.

Also EE billed me for Wave 6 and a few extras. Heard nothing from BBTS yet.

Widget
    Walmart Canada's website has a listing for Orko, Scare Glow, Green Goddess, and LoP Beast Man. Each one says out of stock everywhere, but the price point is the normal $14.97 Canadian and it says sold and shipped by Walmart, so it's not a 3rd party seller. Maybe they can be found in Canadian Walmarts soon?

Gamestop Canada has once again pushed back the release of all their MOTU stuff a week before they were supposed to be in stock, but this time it's just a week instead of a month or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Has anyone found the Origins Stinkor to stink if kept MOC? I don't think Origins bubbles have air pocket holes like Classics figures did.
    Origins Stinkor doesn't stink! At least not like patchouli.
    People in YouTube videos and on Facebook say, he smell slightly as "burned rubber".
    A shame, I was looking forward for Stinkor to smell like the original. My 80's Stinkor still smells like patchouli

Saw a Prince Adam/Sky Sled at Target yesterday (it’s been a while, they disappeared once they when on clearance)
    Scanned it and the price reader thing said no price/discontinued product

Asked someone and she thought it was weird and scanned it with her handheld and told her the same thing…. She then looked it up and said it would be $32.99

I already have 5/6 of them so I didn’t really need another, but would have if it was $8.99

Didn’t want to walk to the front with it just in case

I keep scanning the ROE packs hoping for a price slash

Fuzzy Panthor is back up on Wal-Mart this morning at $39.73 if anyone hasn't nabbed yet: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Masters-O...gure/253590097

My Walmart had 2 real fur panthors the other day. I didn’t know they were still tough to get. He’s cool but man $40 for flocking.
    Comedian on the matty forums.

Quote Originally Posted by horseman1981 View Post
    My Walmart had 2 real fur panthors the other day. I didn’t know they were still tough to get. He’s cool but man $40 for flocking.
    I've never yet seen one in a store locally (Dayton OH area) but grabbed months ago while on the road in South Carolina (where there were several on a shelf). I don't necessarily regret buying but agree still priced at least ten bucks too high. And while I get the sentimental value for those that cherish the flocked original, side by side I much prefer the unflocked version - just more detail and looks pretty mean and sleek. I've got Battle Armor Skeletor on the unflocked and have to admit Evil Lyn v2 looks really good atop the flocked one - lush ride for the lady.

Love all of them 🥰
    Buzz Off's feet seems a bit big? Maybe that's just the picture. Looking forward to have them.

Edit: Jitsu's hand seems too big as well? Might be from the classics mold?
    Last edited by 0RK0; September 22, 2021 at 09:24am.

Quote Originally Posted by DadStrong View Post
    Just found 3 Grayskulls in my local Target. All 3 boxes were absolutely smashed. My daughter lost it she was in awe of all of them
    Odd, I found a Greyskull at my local Target over the weekend as well, slotted in near the bike section and to your point the box was not in great shape. Wonder if it came out of the shipping crate like that due to a rough ride in transit?

Quote Originally Posted by 0RK0 View Post
    Love all of them ��
    Buzz Off's feet seems a bit big? Maybe that's just the picture. Looking forward to have them.

Edit: Jitsu's hand seems too big as well? Might be from the classics mold?
    Agree Jitsu's hand is a tad long and I noticed that right away also. I don't hate it as it's still a hand and it's vac-metal, but agree with you that it could have been scaled down every so slightly.
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!

Heroic Warrior
    Hey! It says “New For 22”! It’s not 22 yet! Unless it’s already 2022 in Singapore ���� lol
    Jitsu’s hand does seem a bit large. Same with Buzz-Off’s feet but that might be to balance him out so he can stand better. Would also be logical in the future for both Whiplash because of his tail and Clawful because of his large claw if they get to them in the future.

So disappointed in that Stratos. Him missing the clawed feet and feathered neck piece just takes away from his classic mini comic look. In the end he's just a lazy repaint.

Ok…so jitsu looks…ok. He along with sy-Klone we’re my favorites as a kid. So he gets my eye just for that.

Sorceress looks as expected…which looks good to me.

Buzz-off…..the feet do seem a bit big, but hard to tell in package.

Stratos….that really missed the mark.
    Comedian on the matty forums.

Quote Originally Posted by depp76 View Post
    So disappointed in that Stratos. Him missing the clawed feet and feathered neck piece just takes away from his classic mini comic look. In the end he's just a lazy repaint.
    Yes, that Stratos is a huge fail. It's not accurate to the vintage mini comic that the look is supposed to reflect. Just inexcusably lazy. But I guess it gives Mattel a reason to sell us another "corrected" version in the future. I honestly get the impression that they sometimes cynically do this stuff on purpose.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    Yes, that Stratos is a huge fail. It's not accurate to the vintage mini comic that the look is supposed to reflect. Just inexcusably lazy. But I guess it gives Mattel a reason to sell us another "corrected" version in the future. I honestly get the impression that they sometimes cynically do this stuff on purpose.
    Sadly I'm a customizing schmuck, so I will spend the money on a couple in my efforts to make a better generic Avion.

Heroic Warrior
    Yeah when companies put out figures and their costume isn’t close to being the correct color or their skin color is just completely wrong or the figure has no eyebrows or whatever... Then we complain and they fix the issue then you have to buy the corrected version if you want an accurate figure. Really silly mistakes in the first place so yeah it wouldn’t surprise me if they do do this sometimes.

This wave is okay. I don’t think anything will ever top wave 2 for me. And I’m not a huge fan of Mattel splitting waves now with two actual secondary characters and two repaints, especially if said repaints aren’t even accurate to the source material.

Heroic Warrior Grayskull Guardsman's Avatar
    And yet, my backorder on the website remains unfulfilled.

Quote Originally Posted by Gog View Post
    Fuzzy Panthor is back up on Wal-Mart this morning at $39.73 if anyone hasn't nabbed yet: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Masters-O...gure/253590097

Cardbacks for the new wave are all over Facebook! They show the usual top-notch quality that we've come to expect from Axel Gimenez, but I'm disappointed that 2 of them, Buzz-Off's and Stratos', don't seem to tease any upcoming characters, which I thought was standard practice for each piece.

On the positive side though, Jitsu's art shows Sy-Klone! And the Sorceress' shows the entire "core" Evil Horde - Hordak, Grizzlor, Leech, Mantenna and Modulok!!! So much for Scott's theory that the line is faltering because of the presence of repaints - there's lots of new tooling in the pipeline!

By the way, as if it isn't bad enough that Stratos is the laziest, lamest repaint imaginable, on his cardback art he's actually drawn with the appropriate toe feet, which makes the figure even worse than it already was. Unbelievable. Also, since when does he shoot laser beams from his hands?

Opiate of the Masses anytimepally's Avatar
    Also, since when does he shoot laser beams from his hands?
    Since Filmation.

Quote Originally Posted by 0RK0 View Post
    Origins Stinkor doesn't stink! At least not like patchouli.
    People in YouTube videos and on Facebook say, he smell slightly as "burned rubber".
    A shame, I was looking forward for Stinkor to smell like the original. My 80's Stinkor still smells like patchouli
    Well that stinks!

I'll be adding my own patchouli I suppose.
    "A fool always finds a greater fool to admire him."

Saw my first Clamp Champ in store

Strangely that store was empty two weeks ago and they had a bunch of He Man/Skeletors and Landshark and Revelations

I guess there is hope that we will see older waves popping up as the backlog of container ships get offloaded?

Or maybe this one was sitting in the back?

Saw one Flocked Panthor at Wal-Mart but as others have stated the price point is a bit much for it. They still had a couple Wave 5 Evil Lyn's and Wind Raiders. Other than that the normal peg warmers.
    Out of the darkness and into your mind