Page 59 of 68 FirstFirst ... 9495758596061 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,475 of 1694

Thread: MOTU Origins found IN STORE!

7C71BCA8-387B-4F08-84C9-0626B7BD7ECD by Comedian Horseman, on Flickr

Found 1 set at my Walmart this morning.

I couldn’t resist a pic. My wave 3 is in my “pile of loot”.
    24A6AFD9-1796-4E99-BD8F-EB8577160DD9 by Comedian Horseman, on Flickr
    Last edited by horseman1981; March 3, 2021 at 10:54am.
    Comedian on the matty forums.

Eternian Music Master mikethedrummer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by horseman1981 View Post
    Me too!!!
    PS4 contact: Petruk1976
    mikethedrummer's feedback thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...edback-Thread!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by mikethedrummer View Post
    Me too!!!
    I'm sick in the head. I am actually considering hunting again just for the sake of custom fodder. TJ screams "Use my parts!" What is wrong with me?

Quote Originally Posted by AdultCollector View Post
    I tracked down a Ram Man in Seattle yesterday!

https://youtu.be/KYxhdMy4534
    Good review. The handle on his new axe is not good but I thing I could make a small rod on my 3-D printer to fix that.
    MASTERS OF THE SMITTYVERSE
    My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 3/27/2021

Quote Originally Posted by suckator View Post
    How do kids even become aware of what toys are available or exist when the shelves are barren?
    Exactly. The toy aisle used to be a magical place. Now it's a depressing, barren wasteland. Just look up videos/pictures of toy stores in the 80s or 90s and you will see shelves and pegs OVERFLOWING WITH TOYS! Regardless of the reason, empty pegs on the toy aisle is a serious problem. A PROBLEM THAT NEEDS TO BE FIXED!!!!! The ToyGuru has made many videos on this. With the fact that each peg is there to generate 8 weeks of sales etc., but one collector can buy all 8 in one swoop and retailers are still ordering and stocking toys like screwdrivers. No one will ever buy all the screwdrivers in one swoop, but they will action figures! The absence of Toys R Us is a huge part of the problem, but the big box retailers really need to change the way they order toys. The current system is obviously broken. Nothing but empty pegs everywhere and all the time = A BIG PROBLEM!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1J7...pectorCreative

No Red Beast, We Riot! Whiplash7's Avatar
    I went back to Walmart today and found a lonely BA Skeletor. The regular He-Man and Skeletor figures, with these new vintage heads, look sooooo much better. I actually have them on display now, sitting on their cats, and they look great.
    The Battle Armor figures are decent enough but I don't like the angry/yelling He-Man head...just not a good sculpt.

Quote Originally Posted by Ka Rot-Top View Post
    Exactly. The toy aisle used to be a magical place. Now it's a depressing, barren wasteland. Just look up videos/pictures of toy stores in the 80s or 90s and you will see shelves and pegs OVERFLOWING WITH TOYS! Regardless of the reason, empty pegs on the toy aisle is a serious problem. A PROBLEM THAT NEEDS TO BE FIXED!!!!! The ToyGuru has made many videos on this. With the fact that each peg is there to generate 8 weeks of sales etc., but one collector can buy all 8 in one swoop and retailers are still ordering and stocking toys like screwdrivers. No one will ever buy all the screwdrivers in one swoop, but they will action figures! The absence of Toys R Us is a huge part of the problem, but the big box retailers really need to change the way they order toys. The current system is obviously broken. Nothing but empty pegs everywhere and all the time = A BIG PROBLEM!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1J7...pectorCreative
    Toys R Us is alive and well in Canada, and they don't have any Origins figures
    But actually I remember a few years ago I was in there, and a little boy, like 5 was with his grandparents and they asked him what he wanted, and he said "I want a Superman" and he was looking all over and there were no Superman figures. *I* was looking for him and couldn't find any Superman figures. Not a single one in the store, in any scale. It was a disgrace...and not so coincidentally when Mattel had the license

Heroic Warrior
    Found a fresh case of wave 2 tonight at Walmart. Still waiting for my BBTS order but, grabbed a 2nd Trap Jaw and a Scare Glow. Man-E-Faces looked like he was missing a face plate (it literally had a small hole in the center of the “face” And it wasn’t one of his faces) and I already have Orko. It was the only case I could see and otherwise, all He-mans and Skeletors and Battle Cats

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    I went back to Walmart today and found a lonely BA Skeletor. The regular He-Man and Skeletor figures, with these new vintage heads, look sooooo much better. I actually have them on display now, sitting on their cats, and they look great.
    The Battle Armor figures are decent enough but I don't like the angry/yelling He-Man head...just not a good sculpt.

Toys R Us is alive and well in Canada, and they don't have any Origins figures
    But actually I remember a few years ago I was in there, and a little boy, like 5 was with his grandparents and they asked him what he wanted, and he said "I want a Superman" and he was looking all over and there were no Superman figures. *I* was looking for him and couldn't find any Superman figures. Not a single one in the store, in any scale. It was a disgrace...and not so coincidentally when Mattel had the license
    Yeah, the yelling BA He-Man head is just weird. That is a disgrace! Not one Superman in sight! Poor kid. I doubt toy shelves anywhere could again rival the 80s or 90s, but if I ever made it to Canada, Toys R Us would be one of my first stops! You guys are lucky you still have them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Glasstor View Post
    Found a fresh case of wave 2 tonight at Walmart. Still waiting for my BBTS order but, grabbed a 2nd Trap Jaw and a Scare Glow. Man-E-Faces looked like he was missing a face plate (it literally had a small hole in the center of the “face” And it wasn’t one of his faces) and I already have Orko. It was the only case I could see and otherwise, all He-mans and Skeletors and Battle Cats
    Oh, wow! You found the ultra-rare "Miss-Sing-Faces" figure!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Ka Rot-Top View Post
    Oh, wow! You found the ultra-rare "Miss-Sing-Faces" figure!
    HaHa! I did! I think he just sent it out to the cleaners. It’s dirtier than we think on Eternia.

"My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    I definitely want 1 of each.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    So, it looks like The cards are different and one is a European version? Is this correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Glasstor View Post
    So, it looks like The cards are different and one is a European version? Is this correct?
    I didn't notice the cards were different. I guess the variant will be much harder to get than I thought
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

I'm glad we're getting the darker skin here in the US.

Dang! Now I gotta track down the international version so I can have both!

I finally, FINALLY found a BA He-Man figure...

I gotta say, he is not so bad in hand... I mostly picked him up for the extra head (which rocks!)

I do like the silver axe and gripping left hand as well... (which immediately went to my wave 1 Origins He-Man figure.)

It's really a shame that all most people see are Skeletor and He-Man hanging on the shelves... if they started to see Mer-Man, Beastman, Trap-Jaw, etc.. the entire line would be a thousand times more appealing to kids walking down the toy aisles at Target and Wal-Mart.... the Evil Warriors really set MOTU apart from other action figure lines.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    Waiting for more William Stout characters!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Walmart store that I go to once in awhile, i just went to yesterday and earlier today. Theyre still pegwarming with tons of He-Man, Skeletor along with Teela and Beast Man.

Event went to a Target store and all they had were Prince Adam with that battle ski jet thingy

Quote Originally Posted by FAKER II View Post
    I definitely want 1 of each.
    Same here... they both look great and I actually don't have a favorite between the two, so I guess I'm going to need both! I know he came out later in the original line, but seeing these two versions like this just kind of reminds me what a classic Masters Of The Universe design this character is- he really could have easily come out in the first wave of figures back in the day (well, with the exception of the clamp, I guess... since the early characters weren't terribly complex with working parts on the weapons or whatnot).
    Clearing out Classics, Super7 and vintage MOTU & PoP figures... check out my threads in the Marketplace for Fisto, Sorceress, BA variants, SDCC exclusives and more!

Land Shark is ready to order on Amazon!

https://amzn.to/2L9bx1M

Quote Originally Posted by AdultCollector View Post
    Land Shark is ready to order on Amazon!

https://amzn.to/2L9bx1M
    Humm... Pre-Order coming April 15th. I wish they had more but yeah going for this and canceling my BBTS order.
    MASTERS OF THE SMITTYVERSE
    My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 3/27/2021

Found Ram Man yesterday morning at Target. The scanner showed it was the only deluxe in stock, and the employee said he had just put it out. Seems like cases of Rammy and Clamp Champ are getting split up and put in generic boxes. Stores are only getting two, one, or none.

Went in to a Wal Mart this morning and checked Origins while I was there. 15 Skeletors. That's it. Good work Mattel.

12 He-Man, 13 Skeletors, 5 Battle Cats at my Walmart
    Instagram: dadhausen

Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    I called Mattel yesterday just for the hell of it to see what’s with the poor distribution of the line.

Granted the rep I got was over seas, so they might not be the most on the ball with our situation here, but I was told “These are limited edition figures. After a store sells out of the allocated case they are to move on to the next wave.” So basically if you see wave X and it sells out, they aren’t getting refreshed.

Line line has been beyond frustrating to collect. I prefer to do my shopping in store because paint defects run crazy with this line.... however it does appear to me at least this is not a line that’s gunna stick around for long. I’m not the only one that has been losing interest based on the never ending 3 of the same figures in bulk.

I’d bet when Masterverse comes out the space for Origins will be cleared out and replaced with you guessed it.... he-man, skeletor and Battlecat in a new scale. 200X all over again. Mattel had learned nothing in almost 20 years.
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

Widget
    Are any stores in the US besides Walmart and Target carrying this line? I hit up 4 Walmarts today and they were all filled with the usual He-Man/Skeletor/Battle Cat. I think it's really weird that a line this big can't, at the very least, have a few stores that carry more than the main two characters. It's also looking like this at Target too. Hoping another store is going to carry this line in the states and carry more than He-Man and Skeletor.