Page 133 of 135 FirstFirst ... 3383123131132133134135 LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,325 of 3354

Thread: MOTU Origins found IN STORE!

One of my local Walmarts has had pegs labeled for Flying Fists He-Man and Terror Claws Skeletor for more than four months now. To my knowledge, they've never gotten any Terror Claws Skeletors in, and only got three of four Flying Fists He-Mans two months ago (which sold out in about a week). It seems really strange that they would leave pegs empty and waiting for product for almost half a year instead of just giving up on it and using the pegs for something else. (In fact, they've started using the pegs to hang their extra Masterverse Skelegod figures on, even though the labels for FF He-Man and TC Skeletor are still there.) It's as if every time they're about to remove the labels, an employee says, "No, leave them; those figure should be coming in soon." Then a month goes by with no sign of the figures.
    Last edited by Despondor; June 23, 2022 at 08:35pm. Reason: typo

Heroic Warrior
    Iíve completely given up on my Target ever getting anything new again. They seem to have an endless supply of naked Stratos to put on the pegs in the rare event that anyone buys any MOTU stuff there. I guess Iíll just settle in and let things start coming via BBTS. Iím also realizing I donít have a clue where to get a RotonÖ

Quote Originally Posted by AnimalGrandpa View Post
    Iíve completely given up on my Target ever getting anything new again. They seem to have an endless supply of naked Stratos to put on the pegs in the rare event that anyone buys any MOTU stuff there. I guess Iíll just settle in and let things start coming via BBTS. Iím also realizing I donít have a clue where to get a RotonÖ
    Roton hasnít been solicited in the US yet, just in Europe.

Heroic Warrior
    I have started seeing Flying Fists He-Man and Terror Claws Skeletor in Targets in the Austin area.

I saw one Sun-Man at Wal-Mart. One. That's it.

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by depp76 View Post
    I saw one Sun-Man at Wal-Mart. One. That's it.
    Mine was one 200x Skeletor at Target. The only one Iíve seen of the current wave after constantly visiting various stores each week.

Found Mantenna at Target last night, the very last figure in the back of a whole peg of wave 7.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by mizterfish View Post
    Found Mantenna at Target last night, the very last figure in the back of a whole peg of wave 7.
    That's cool! Glad people are actually finding them out in the wild.
    ďIt is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.Ē

Really glad at least somewhere is getting new product. Every Walmart and target around me are choking on Comic Stratos/BuzzOff/Jitsu. People complained about the wave 1 deluge of Skeletor and He-Man but at least those sold pretty well, seems like nobody outside the MOTU hardcore have any interest in that trio. Might be the worst wave of figures in the line so far as far as mix of characters that sell. Shame because everything before and after was a pretty decent mix of lower tier characters and big names to carry a wave.

Quote Originally Posted by chaosMonkeyPoo View Post
    Really glad at least somewhere is getting new product. Every Walmart and target around me are choking on Comic Stratos/BuzzOff/Jitsu. People complained about the wave 1 deluge of Skeletor and He-Man but at least those sold pretty well, seems like nobody outside the MOTU hardcore have any interest in that trio. Might be the worst wave of figures in the line so far as far as mix of characters that sell. Shame because everything before and after was a pretty decent mix of lower tier characters and big names to carry a wave.
    I thought Buzz Off, Jitsu, and Sorceress made for a good wave. Problem was they FLOODED Target with them just before Christmas. Every single Target had them, and lots. Then when Walmart got them, Target already had them so they didnít sell easily.

Itís crazy though. Saw wave 5 everywhere, saw wave 6 maybe twice in store, wave 7 everywhere, havenít seen wave 8 on shelves anywhere but got them easily from Target and Amazon, and now wave 9 are starting to slowly pop up here and there. Seems every other wave is difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by mizterfish View Post
    I thought Buzz Off, Jitsu, and Sorceress made for a good wave. Problem was they FLOODED Target with them just before Christmas. Every single Target had them, and lots. Then when Walmart got them, Target already had them so they didnít sell easily.

Itís crazy though. Saw wave 5 everywhere, saw wave 6 maybe twice in store, wave 7 everywhere, havenít seen wave 8 on shelves anywhere but got them easily from Target and Amazon, and now wave 9 are starting to slowly pop up here and there. Seems every other wave is difficult.

That's what I've noticed for everything after wave four.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 8/10/2022

Heroic Warrior
    The only one I havenít spotted at Target from Wave 9 yet is 200x Skeletor.

MOTU Origins found IN STORE!

Quote Originally Posted by whakojacko View Post
    I havenít found Pig-Head yet. He-Man and Skelly Iíve seen twice, and Mantenna once

Quote Originally Posted by whakojacko View Post
    Iíve seen absolutely nothing

I went hunting again yesterday, found nothing new. I was hoping to find the battle cat 4x4, no luck.

Heroic Warrior
    It's all wave 7 here. This line has turned into an online exclusive for me.

Still nothing on the new wave here in South Austin. Three stores in my area and nothing. It's all Jitsu and Stratos.

Widget
    Picked up 200x He-man last night at Target. They had Sorceress, Sun-Man and Buzz-Off and 1 Deluxe Clamp Champ and an unusually large amount of Masterverse Deluxe figures. Went to another Target 20 minutes from that one and they had Jitsu, 3 Naked Stratos, and a Buzz Off. And 3 Clamp Champ.

I should note that I found 2 Horde Troopers, Sun-Man, and Anti Eternia He-Man from the same Target a few weeks ago. Haven't seen those since

Quote Originally Posted by jibernish View Post
    Still nothing on the new wave here in South Austin. Three stores in my area and nothing. It's all Jitsu and Stratos.
    Yeah, I was at the one off MoPac last night and saw the 6 each of Stratos and Jitsu with one random Buzz-Off laying around elsewhere. So, they've restocked- it's just they're restocking a wave that isn't exactly setting the brand on fire
    I wish it were the Horde Trooper wave constantly showing up instead.
    Looking for any specific Classics figures? Let me know via PM what you might be looking for and I'll look through some boxes and see if we can help each other out!

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    Yeah, I was at the one off MoPac last night and saw the 6 each of Stratos and Jitsu with one random Buzz-Off laying around elsewhere. So, they've restocked- it's just they're restocking a wave that isn't exactly setting the brand on fire
    I wish it were the Horde Trooper wave constantly showing up instead.
    I was just there myself. I counted the same 6 Stratos and Jitsu you did, lol. I went to Walmart this morning looking for the new Super Powers Superman, and they had nothing new Origins or Masterverse. Didn't have any new WWE Superstars either. Also Roton is slowly starting to show up. I'm not sure if it's in America but I checked and nothing.

I haven't seen a single figure from the last 2 waves in a store.

I'm so tired of this struggle to find these figures. It's a good thing they are good figures.

Still nothing past wave 7 unfortunately around here
    Creator of the New Adventures Watching Club, come join us! Click here!

"The meat was gamey, the potatoes were lumpy, and this coffee tastes like it was strained through someones urethra." - Dean Stephan

Heroic Warrior
    It seems like every other time I go to Target, I find one lone Wave 9 figure. Basically took 7 trips to get all 4 figures. One Jitsu is always there keeping the peg warm.

Heroic Warrior
    Target is having their twice yearly massive clearance. I was in three different ones over the weekend and literally in each one the only toyline that didnít have clearance was Lego. Yellow tags in all in two different states. This year Target seems to have been hit hard with the shipping issues when they finally got the containers unloaded a few weeks before Cmas and then had to sit on stock in every department and not able to get new product in. TVs gad Black Friday like discounts.

I recieved my MOTUO Leech from BBTS.

Leech is always my Holy Grail in any MOTU toyline. The vintage Leech is my favorite action figure of all time probably - he just captured my imagination.

Leech is tied with Skeletor for my all time favorite fictional character - in anything.

This one was highly anticipated for me.

The mini-comic is great, the best one of the Origins Mini-comics in my opinion.

Leech

Thank goodness he's a delux figure. It was always disappointing when Classics could have put out delux versions of figures and refused.

I love all the parts he comes with. I'm happy with all of it. I can't think of anything I'm missing.

I stated over a decade ago in 2011 when the 4H sculpted the Classics Leech headsculpt they cracked the "code" of what Leech's headsculpt is supposed to look like.

Throughout the 80s half the artists literally drew him with the suction cup mouth.

So it was very nice to see Mattel actually cement the Classics headsculpt as Leech's official look.

And the Origins headsculpt of the Classics version is nice. It has the same exact number of teeth. The snout is a little shorter. The ears are independent on the sides. They're sculpted slightly differently on the Classics version.
    There's a lack of detail and wrinkles on the back of the head compared to the Classics. Lastly there appears to be a tongue on the Origins version; that is not present in the Classics version.

The Origins version follows the Vintage toy with the pectoral muscles extending above the armor collar. The Classics has layered segmented skin.

The vintage suction cup head is great and has head articulation this time.

The torso shape is unique here. The vintage was very wide and broad. Classics was wide and flat while missing the bulk of the vintage. Origins more cylindrical. It's a middke ground between the two - not as broad or bulky as the vintage, but it has more bulk than the Classics.

The proprtions are very nice on the Origins Leech.

I dig it.

The extra hands finally complete the puzzle. Filmation Leech was able to retract the suction cup andxappear with "normal" hands. So to finally have that option is a nearly 40 year itch finally scratched.

The weakness of the figure is the usual origin limitations.

The crossbow Horde emblems on his shins have incredibly soft sculpts.

The missing paint on the left shoulder pad is a real bummer - particularly for a delux figure with an expensive price point.

It's been a great year as a Leech fan. I got my first Leech action figure since 2011 and I received my Funko Pop Leech a few months ago as well.

I'm very happy with this figure as a Leech fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrawn29 View Post
    I recieved my MOTUO Leech from BBTS.

Leech is always my Holy Grail in any MOTU toyline. The vintage Leech is my favorite action figure of all time probably - he just captured my imagination.

Leech is tied with Skeletor for my all time favorite fictional character - in anything.

This one was highly anticipated for me.

The mini-comic is great, the best one of the Origins Mini-comics in my opinion.

Leech

Thank goodness he's a delux figure. It was always disappointing when Classics could have put out delux versions of figures and refused.

I love all the parts he comes with. I'm happy with all of it. I can't think of anything I'm missing.

I stated over a decade ago in 2011 when the 4H sculpted the Classics Leech headsculpt they cracked the "code" of what Leech's headsculpt is supposed to look like.

Throughout the 80s half the artists literally drew him with the suction cup mouth.

So it was very nice to see Mattel actually cement the Classics headsculpt as Leech's official look.

And the Origins headsculpt of the Classics version is nice. It has the same exact number of teeth. The snout is a little shorter. The ears are independent on the sides. They're sculpted slightly differently on the Classics version.
    There's a lack of detail and wrinkles on the back of the head compared to the Classics. Lastly there appears to be a tongue on the Origins version; that is not present in the Classics version.

The Origins version follows the Vintage toy with the pectoral muscles extending above the armor collar. The Classics has layered segmented skin.

The vintage suction cup head is great and has head articulation this time.

The torso shape is unique here. The vintage was very wide and broad. Classics was wide and flat while missing the bulk of the vintage. Origins more cylindrical. It's a middke ground between the two - not as broad or bulky as the vintage, but it has more bulk than the Classics.

The proprtions are very nice on the Origins Leech.

I dig it.

The extra hands finally complete the puzzle. Filmation Leech was able to retract the suction cup andxappear with "normal" hands. So to finally have that option is a nearly 40 year itch finally scratched.

The weakness of the figure is the usual origin limitations.

The crossbow Horde emblems on his shins have incredibly soft sculpts.

The missing paint on the left shoulder pad is a real bummer - particularly for a delux figure with an expensive price point.

It's been a great year as a Leech fan. I got my first Leech action figure since 2011 and I received my Funko Pop Leech a few months ago as well.

I'm very happy with this figure as a Leech fan.
    I'm glad a true Leech fan approves! I ordered 2 openers just so I can pose him with both sets of heads & hands, one to stick to a window, of course.