Page 81 of 91 FirstFirst ... 31717980818283 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,025 of 2259

Thread: MOTU Origins found IN STORE!

I walked into my local Target last night (we only have one in the small town I'm currently living in) and they were in the process of putting out three cases (I repeat THREE) of the He-man/Skeletor/Hordak deluxe packs! I already have all three, but did want a spare Hordak set so grabbed one for posterity. I was shocked... nay floored that Target is starting to stock Masters Origins product. I'd still like to see Wave 5 on pegs, but it's possible I'm simply too early as those don't appear to be hitting regularly in the U.S. yet.
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!

Heroic Warrior
    Spotted and picked up BA He-Man, BA Skeletor, and BS Hordak today at Target. First time I have ever found Deluxe figures actually on the pegs. Funny too because just 2 weeks ago they removed the deluxe figure pegs

Sorcerer of Night Lord_Of_Destruction's Avatar
    Buzz Saw Hordak spotted at Cool Springs Target today. They also had Battle Armor He-Man and Skeletor.

Just FYI
    "How I loathe heroes! Always getting in the way and acting so... so... heroic!"

please check out my fan fics at:

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/399417/

Quote Originally Posted by whakojacko View Post
    Spotted and picked up BA He-Man, BA Skeletor, and BS Hordak today at Target. First time I have ever found Deluxe figures actually on the pegs. Funny too because just 2 weeks ago they removed the deluxe figure pegs
    I've been traveling lately as my wife and I were house hunting in the Carolina's, and no matter where I went I'd hit up at least a few Target stores. None had Deluxe MOTUO anything... ever. So it's nice to see Target stores finally stocking these sets in decent quantity. Hoping Mosquitor drops soon as I need that set in my life.
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!

My daughter and I just noticed happy Hordak's dimples.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    MASTERS OF THE SMITTYVERSE
    My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 6/25/2021

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty.81 View Post
    Here's one I took.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...12f5b7e399.jpg

Wow - so what's the deal with him? I feel like I missed the vintage action figure and I have no clue what his "feature" is? I see the chest gears, but does something cover that or activate in unison with it? I thought it was on his wrist, like a helicopter effect?

The Scare is in the Glow! Scare Glow's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PowerSword83 View Post
    Wow - so what's the deal with him? I feel like I missed the vintage action figure and I have no clue what his "feature" is? I see the chest gears, but does something cover that or activate in unison with it? I thought it was on his wrist, like a helicopter effect?
    You're thinking of Hurricane Hordak, which was the second version released. He was an actual deluxe figure sold on the long card and featured the rotating attachments, including the propeller like blade, all while sporting nifty gold vac-metalized armor.

Buzz Saw Hordak was the third and last version released at the end of the line. He was sold as a standard figure on the short card, and was very similar to the original release except for the Buzz Saw action feature. The figure had a lever on the back, where the cape attached which, when pressed, would cause the front of the chest to open and hinge down, revealing the insides; additional pressure on the lever would cause the Buzz Saw to spring out as a projectile.

There are many videos on YouTube which review the vintage and origins versions if you want to check out a demonstration.

Lord Faker will see you now.

My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 6/25/2021

Lord Faker will see you now.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...9fd1484665.jpg

A sneak peak at the ending of Revelation

Quote Originally Posted by Glasstor View Post
    A sneak peak at the ending of Revelation
    That could be cool but more of a teaser for my photo comic.

My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 6/25/2021

That could be cool but more of a teaser for my photo comic.

I’m down with that too

I need that Faker figure in my life. The vintage head looks perfect. I'll be in northern Vermont next month; maybe I'll have to sneak across the border and hit up the closest Walmart.

Scare Glow is back up on Amazon right now if anyone still need it. Go to “Other Sellers” for the 14.99 shipped from Amazon

Masters of the Universe Origins Scare-Glow 5.5-in Action Figures Battle Figures for Storytelling Play and Display Gift for 6 to 10-Year-Olds and Adult Collectors Multicolor https://www.amazon.com/dp/B089P1GPNF...ing=UTF8&psc=1

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Scare Glow View Post
    You're thinking of Hurricane Hordak, which was the second version released. He was an actual deluxe figure sold on the long card and featured the rotating attachments, including the propeller like blade, all while sporting nifty gold vac-metalized armor.

Buzz Saw Hordak was the third and last version released at the end of the line. He was sold as a standard figure on the short card, and was very similar to the original release except for the Buzz Saw action feature. The figure had a lever on the back, where the cape attached which, when pressed, would cause the front of the chest to open and hinge down, revealing the insides; additional pressure on the lever would cause the Buzz Saw to spring out as a projectile.

There are many videos on YouTube which review the vintage and origins versions if you want to check out a demonstration.
    Thanks so much for that - I lost interest in the end of the line because Real Ghostbusters captured all my toy attention, but I did get into HE MAN: New Adventures. That being said, I never knew there were two feature-oriented Hordaks. I'll definitely look up the comparisons on YouTube, I'm super curious how that vintage one worked.

Heroic Warrior
    Does anyone have a list of the current paint variants for origins?
    I know of the battle armors and the light skin clamp champ but I just found out Hordark has a variant but not sure what difference is - there is a red eye grey face but what’s the other version?

Quote Originally Posted by Powersword123 View Post
    Does anyone have a list of the current paint variants for origins?
    I know of the battle armors and the light skin clamp champ but I just found out Hordark has a variant but not sure what difference is
    I believe the variant on Hordak is the paint deco on his eyes. One has very small red centers with a black outline and the other has much larger red centers with a black outline.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by manowar View Post
    I believe the variant on Hordak is the paint deco on his eyes. One has very small red centers with a black outline and the other has much larger red centers with a black outline.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the info

I am hoping that the stores will have a "refresh" when Revelations debuts on Netflix. I am really hoping that they will not forgot the earlier waves and will keep on releasing core characters that many of us have yet to find. I am hoping for Man-E-Faces, Trap Jaw, Beast man, Teela and Man-at Arms.
    I have no expectation of finding Scareglow and Orko lol.

Good luck everyone at there with the hunt!

- - - Updated - - -

My daughter and I just noticed happy Hordak's dimples. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...823eefb52e.jpg

I like his dimples! They remind me of another 80s toy phenomenon, Cabbage Patch Kids!

For the first time ever, one of the four stores in town that carry this line got something besides wave one! Naturally, it was something I didn't need. I swung by Target yesterday since I was out that way, hoping against hope to find the Keldor two-pack. No dice on that, of course, but they did have a single case of the deluxe figures on the pegs. I already have the battle armor figures, and I don't want that Hordak, but it was still nice to see something different on the pegs.

Widget
    I'm not sure if it was there last week, but the Origins display in Canadian Walmarts have a bunch of Wave 3 figures on the right-hand side (opposite of the Sky Sled). There were lots of She-Ra, Mer-Man, and Roboto, but I didn't see that many Zodac. Picked up a Clamp Champ and Mer-Man.

No Red Beast, We Riot! Whiplash7's Avatar
    Today's haul...so happy to have found them, especially that PERFECT Mer-Man!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    Great score! I really hope my Merman comes with that LOP sticker. I saw that someone received this wave from BBTS sans sticker. I will be bummed.

No Red Beast, We Riot! Whiplash7's Avatar
    Great score! I really hope my Merman comes with that LOP sticker. I saw that someone received this wave from BBTS sans sticker. I will be bummed.
    I just checked, it's on the outside at least, so you can try to remove it.
    My local Walmart ACTUALLY had an endcap filled with Ram Man and Clamp Champs, and 2 each of Mer Man and Fisto. I got Evil-Lyn in the mail today, also from Walmart.

My BBTS Mer-Man was like that. Apparently the sticker is tied to the cross sell of He-Man and Skeletor on the cardback. The LOP-stickered ones show them with the vintage-style heads, and the stickerless ones show them with the wave one heads. For what it's worth, my other wave five figures all had the vintage-style heads on the cross sell. I have an extra Mer-Man pre-ordered via Amazon, so it'll be interesting to see which version shows up!

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    Yup, that's the one I always wanted as a kid, since that's how he looked on the vintage cardback and in the early mini comics.

Thanks for getting around to it after 40 years, Mattel!