Page 71 of 82 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,775 of 2030

Thread: MOTU Origins found IN STORE!

Caution! $36.00 In store!

Totally shocked this morning to find all of wave 2 on the pegs at my walmart: man e faces on the front , then trap jaw , then orko behind Him then YES! SCARE GLOW!!! Finally! (Of course 1 week after I caved and bought on eBay. Oh well. )

I got all minus orko. I already had trap jaw and man e. from Walmart.com months ago but they were damaged.

As I’m half awake ringing them up at u-scan, first one is 14.92, then the second one goes in the bag, then as I’m scanning the 3rd I see the total is already $72++. I tried To cancel it out and at that time an Employee walked up and asked if I needed help. Long story long, it took two yellow vests plus another employee and then finally the “toy manager” who I’ve somehow never seen there before, to confirm they were all truly $14.92. I even showed them the attached picture Itook since I was so excited to get these at retail but they didn’t budge on price. They scanned with their phones and their device from the store and I guess it shows $36.00 too. One of them said “it doesnt even say this store has them”.

All ended well but honestly I was shocked they didn’t take my word and the picture for it but it’s fine. Just be cautious as somehow the website scalper prices are somehow starting to creep in to retail !

Update to add: it was Trap Jaw that rang up as $36.00, FYIA999E615-9A34-49BA-9483-BEA8487A4E00.jpg

E5D0E925-0BC6-4FF0-A3CD-0207180576AC.jpg
    Last edited by theotherguy; May 10, 2021 at 07:16pm.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerSword83 View Post
    are people finding the flocked Panthor yet? I haven't even been able to find Ram Man or Clamp Champ. Literally no Target has them. Where is the ORKO wave? I ordered on BBTS and STILLLLL has yet to ship. This is ridiculous. It's freaking MAY! How are these not showing up at stores either?
    I've been to 3 different Walmarts in Austin, dozens and dozens of times since January and have only ever seen He-Man, Skeletor, and Battle Cat. EXCEPT I did get Grayskull last Friday - only because I had been checking Brickseek every few hours. They had 1 pop up and I ran down there and offstacked a pallet to get it. So no, no flocked panthor. Brickseek hasn't shown any in the area either.

I have seen Ram Man and Clamp Champ at Target a couple of times. Also the usual figures. I got my regular Panthor at Target. And the minis. And I picked up the Keldor 2 pack there. So Target is hit or miss. They get stuff in, but you have to be lucky. Walmart is only a miss for me, except Grayskull.

Yes, it is ridiculous.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty.81 View Post
    It's complicated. Mattel said there would be plenty of the 2020 figures to go around but it seems like they all ended up in Europe except for wave 1 that Walmart over ordered so they could fill their new mods and shippers. Then when 2021 hits and everyone can sell then they just get the newest waves or what ever Mattel sent to the distribution HQ. Bigger orders git filled first so Target come out of the gate with wave 4 and poor BBTS is left waiting for Mattel to fill the orders they made for waves 1-3. Meanwhile Walmart is stuck with a poorly planned mod that is He-Man and Skeletor heavy and employees that don't know how to order from an assortment with three SKUs.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    I received waves 2-4 from BBTS, along with all the deluxe figures released so far and the Land Shark. But I'm sure they didn't get as many orders in as they have placed because the only origins items they have in stock are wave 1 from what I can tell.

I used to have sympathy for toy companies, trying to run a business when kids are more into video games and other things these days. But then I see how Mattel has distributed their product so carelessly, recklessly I would say because it affects their employees and stockholders in the long run too, and they deserve what they get. There is no excuse for that kind of distribution, sending part of a line to one continent and the other part to another continent. The worst part is that they don't even explain the situation at all. If they had the integrity to be true to their word and then explain what is going on, when we can expect to get this or that wave, I could be patient and just wait. But we hear nothing from them, or they flat out lie (the everything will be available everywhere lie).

I feel for everyone who hasn't found these figures. Other than wave 1, I got everything at BBTS pretty much. ANd that's only because I am doggedly keeping up with these things and ordering things right when they go up for sale. Seems if you wait at all you miss out. I check BBTS and EE every couple of hours, as well as Brickseek and the Target app. I don't do social media - I do this instead, ha ha.

Heroic Warrior
    I check BBTS and EE every couple of hours, as well as Brickseek and the Target app. I don't do social media - I do this instead, ha ha.
    Despite the frustration, it's probably a lot better for your social and mental health than Twitter or FB for sure. LOL!

Court Magician

I doubt they are selling that well or are that rare

I have seen the same He-Man and Skeletor at my walmart forever, and some of the others as well just sitting there.

I think they just printed less of the 2nd and 3rd waves and also the covid. This line is a lot less exciting to collect so I am not quite as starved for them. I just want a Scareglow. I can see that being a lower print but honestly, the rest are all mass printed. There is no reason to freak and buy on ebay cause everyone is hording right now...

Quote Originally Posted by ScarePlow View Post
    I have seen the same He-Man and Skeletor at my walmart forever, and some of the others as well just sitting there.

I think they just printed less of the 2nd and 3rd waves and also the covid. This line is a lot less exciting to collect so I am not quite as starved for them. I just want a Scareglow. I can see that being a lower print but honestly, the rest are all mass printed. There is no reason to freak and buy on ebay cause everyone is hording right now...
    If you really want him he's on Amazon, for... well less than I payed.

https://www.amazon.com/Masters-Unive...0675581&sr=8-3
    MASTERS OF THE SMITTYVERSE
    My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 6/13/2021

Quote Originally Posted by ScarePlow View Post

Iím with you man. I caved and bought on eBay less than 2 weeks ago. I also noticed his price was easing down on walmart.com. Finally, I see a lot of ďpre ordersĒ for him on various sites, due in May or July. So when I found him on the pegs today I wasnít entirely surprised. I think this wave is coming back around. Hang in there!

Is there a good guide for this line on the site anywhere that lists everything per wave, and all the deluxe, vehicles, etc.?
    Creator of the New Adventures Watching Club, come join us! Click here!

"The meat was gamey, the potatoes were lumpy, and this coffee tastes like it was strained through someones urethra." - Dean Stephan

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty.81 View Post
    If you really want him he's on Amazon, for... well less than I payed.

https://www.amazon.com/Masters-Unive...0675581&sr=8-3
    probably close to what you would pay if you bought it for retail plus shipping and fees from someone on here
    Instagram: dadhausen

Court Magician

Thanks!

That Amazon price is not too bad. I have 2 pre ordered from BBTS which say they are shipping someday.

Finally ordered a Ninjor from Smyths, for UK collectors they have him for home delivery. Yay.

Pics of the new Wind Raider are out on the internets now, looks nice and has a display base.

Sent from my H3113 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by janco.stewart View Post
    Finally ordered a Ninjor from Smyths, for UK collectors they have him for home delivery. Yay.

Pics of the new Wind Raider are out on the internets now, looks nice and has a display base. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...4fb114b9f9.jpg

Wind Raider looks good, but I'd like to see what a figure looks like inside for scale. The original was a little small in scale

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Ahhh, DUDE, that is frickin' sweet.

I love this line. It takes everything from the vintage line and moves it a step forward. Not TEN steps forward like Classics, but as far as being a "vintage-inspired" series rather than a complete modern-style reimagining, I feel like it's everything it should be.
    My matches, toy reviews, promos and more are on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA

Sorcerer of Night Lord_Of_Destruction's Avatar
    Went in Cool Springs Target today and they had Ram Man and Clamp Champ! Already had Rammy from BBTS but got Champ. They still had one Champ and two Rammys when I left.

Might be worth mentioning they are also down to just two He-Mans and one Skeletor so those are clearing out and not going to be clogging pegs. They also had a Panthor that wasn't there last time I was in so they do restock.
    "How I loathe heroes! Always getting in the way and acting so... so... heroic!"

please check out my fan fics at:

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/399417/

The new wave of Fisto, Evil-Lyn, Faker, and Mer Man are already hitting stores in Canada.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    The new wave of Fisto, Evil-Lyn, Faker, and Mer Man are already hitting stores in Canada.
    Cool! Wonder what the minicomic is like?

Quote Originally Posted by He-Metayer View Post
    Cool! Wonder what the minicomic is like?
    https://youtu.be/qe4mh5OTjpw

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 6/13/2021

Quote Originally Posted by theotherguy View Post

Totally shocked this morning to find all of wave 2 on the pegs at my walmart: man e faces on the front , then trap jaw , then orko behind Him then YES! SCARE GLOW!!! Finally! (Of course 1 week after I caved and bought on eBay. Oh well. )

I got all minus orko. I already had trap jaw and man e. from Walmart.com months ago but they were damaged.

As Iím half awake ringing them up at u-scan, first one is 14.92, then the second one goes in the bag, then as Iím scanning the 3rd I see the total is already $72++. I tried To cancel it out and at that time an Employee walked up and asked if I needed help. Long story long, it took two yellow vests plus another employee and then finally the ďtoy managerĒ who Iíve somehow never seen there before, to confirm they were all truly $14.92. I even showed them the attached picture Itook since I was so excited to get these at retail but they didnít budge on price. They scanned with their phones and their device from the store and I guess it shows $36.00 too. One of them said ďit doesnt even say this store has themĒ.

All ended well but honestly I was shocked they didnít take my word and the picture for it but itís fine. Just be cautious as somehow the website scalper prices are somehow starting to creep in to retail !

Update to add: it was Trap Jaw that rang up as $36.00, FYIA999E615-9A34-49BA-9483-BEA8487A4E00.jpg

E5D0E925-0BC6-4FF0-A3CD-0207180576AC.jpg
    This is crazy uncool! Thanks for the heads up! I'm glad you caught it and didn't let them get away with price gouging.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    What does the second version of Evil-Lyn look like? 200x colors?

Quote Originally Posted by janco.stewart View Post
    Pics of the new Wind Raider are out on the internets now, looks nice and has a display base. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...4fb114b9f9.jpg

That wind raider is sweet, a must have for Originssm collector.

Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ka Rot-Top View Post
    This is crazy uncool! Thanks for the heads up! I'm glad you caught it and didn't let them get away with price gouging.
    Thanks man. It’s highly concerning to me as it could continue. I should have pressed more and asked how it could happen but clearly they didn’t know. Not much common sense running through the brains at that moment in time anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Of_Destruction View Post
    Went in Cool Springs Target today and they had Ram Man and Clamp Champ! Already had Rammy from BBTS but got Champ. They still had one Champ and two Rammys when I left.

Might be worth mentioning they are also down to just two He-Mans and one Skeletor so those are clearing out and not going to be clogging pegs. They also had a Panthor that wasn't there last time I was in so they do restock.
    Ouch!!! I just checked Spring Hill target yesterday, sure I would find The Champ. Nada. And now brickseek isn’t even finding him nearby anywhere at all. Strange. Thanks for posting tho!
    Last edited by theotherguy; May 12, 2021 at 08:39am.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahthatsme1973 View Post
    What does the second version of Evil-Lyn look like? 200x colors?
    Yep, 200x color scheme. I just happened to see this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgGTiaOPJG4

So with how Faker is coming out, Mattel finally understand that most fans don't like the new He-Man heads?

Quote Originally Posted by banthafett View Post
    So with how Faker is coming out, Mattel finally understand that most fans don't like the new He-Man heads?
    I was REALLY glad to see that Faker has the vintage toy head. Hopefully, any other future He-Man variants will have the vintage toy head. Fingers crossed for Wun-Dar/Savage He-Man.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Quote Originally Posted by FAKER II View Post
    I was REALLY glad to see that Faker has the vintage toy head. Hopefully, any other future He-Man variants will have the vintage toy head. Fingers crossed for Wun-Dar/Savage He-Man.
    Honestly I'd like to see Wun-Darr get his own head, him and Oo-Lar. something that looks kind of like He-Man but not exactly the same.
    My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 6/13/2021

Opiate of the Masses anytimepally's Avatar
    I like the standard Origins head. Although it is the head I grew up with, the vintage head makes He-Man look constipated. I like the look sometimes, but I also like having the option to change it out.

I hate the Origins BA head - depending on the angle he either looks perpetually surprised or confused.