Page 112 of 116 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114 ... LastLast
Results 2,776 to 2,800 of 2899

Thread: MOTU Origins found IN STORE!

Heroic Warrior
    I saw a Target in Austin has a few Castle Grayskulls in stock. They are kept with their large toy items in the store.

A bunch of Walmart’s here seem to be clearing out origins and only have the cgi figs on display.
    They still have Masterverse but no origins
    "There's no back door to heaven just a front door to hell" - DIO RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Brasco View Post
    A bunch of Walmart’s here seem to be clearing out origins and only have the cgi figs on display.
    They still have Masterverse but no origins
    The one I got the $5 Skeletor has no Origins peg tags, all Masterverse and CGI figures now. Which isn't a big deal because I haven't seen anything in there aside from HM/Skelly and the kittahs. But another I went to last night still had Origins and well stocked at regular price.
    Instagram: dadhausen

Court Magician
    Masterverse and the CGI toys will kill Origins. There’s only so much space one brand can get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by Val-Or View Post
    Masterverse and the CGI toys will kill Origins. There’s only so much space one brand can get.

*laughs in Barbie*
    I am no longer a widget.

Heroic Podcaster
    Totally disagree. The CGI toys will fail, imho, and quickly. Masterverse has its fans, but I see them as watered-down Classics while Origins has a huge head start. Not finding them reliably in stores sucks but there are multiple ways to get them online. Origins is the updated vintage line I and others have wanted for years to finally get. To me, Masterverse looks just like every other 8' line - Marvel, DC, McFarlane, Ghostbusters, etc. They really sacrifice the MOTU-ness which turns me away from them.

That said, I do think Origins and Masterverse can co-exist. The CGI stuff will be gone in a year. Kids just do not buy action figures anymore and MOTU will be no exception. Would love to be wrong!
    THE VINTAGE-TO-CLASSICS COUNTDOWN IS COMPLETE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SunDevil View Post
    Totally disagree. The CGI toys will fail, imho, and quickly. Masterverse has its fans, but I see them as watered-down Classics while Origins has a huge head start. Not finding them reliably in stores sucks but there are multiple ways to get them online. Origins is the updated vintage line I and others have wanted for years to finally get. To me, Masterverse looks just like every other 8' line - Marvel, DC, McFarlane, Ghostbusters, etc. They really sacrifice the MOTU-ness which turns me away from them.

That said, I do think Origins and Masterverse can co-exist. The CGI stuff will be gone in a year. Kids just do not buy action figures anymore and MOTU will be no exception. Would love to be wrong!
    THIS.

Heroic Warrior

i dont think masterverse is long for this world. they are just not selling AT ALL. the cgi line is selling extremely well but that may just because its brand new. everything new moves, but lets see if restocks also move, just too early to tell. regardless i think the cgi line will run its course within two years no matter what sales do because kids focused lines only run about that length of time.

origins will outlast them both. has a nice price point for kids plus the nostalgia of all the past collectors and the most available items.

Quote Originally Posted by SunDevil View Post

This is my opinion as well. Personally, Masterverse seems very much in the vein of Marvel Legends, right down to the packaging design, and I have cherry-picked two or three that I like and have zero desire to "collect them all." The CGI are cute in a superdeformed Imaginext kinda way but seem very generic on rollout and, at least at Wal-Mart, it seems to me they are mis-shelved as I think they may draw more actual kids (or purchasing parents) if alongside the Imaginext and the like. Origins, on the other hand, represents an opportunity for this Gen X-er to finally build the MOTU collection I could not have as a child.

Wave 7 already being found at Target in Cali. And here I am still not having seen a single figure from wave 6 like some kind of schmuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Man-Man View Post
    Wave 7 already being found at Target in Cali. And here I am still not having seen a single figure from wave 6 like some kind of schmuck.
    When these figures were exclusive to Walmart and were hard to find, I figured once they got into more stores, it would just be a matter of time before you could just start finding them. What's going on with Mattel and these stores that they're always so hard to find?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Heroic Warrior
    Found the Origins Sorceress wave today at Target in California.
    Multiple stores showed they got stock today.

Meanwhile up here in Canada they keep relentlessly restocking wave 5...

Disagree on Masterverse being the odd line out. They are focused on pulling the multiverse of different lines into it and we’re only on wave 1. I see Marvel legends and DC multiverse on shelves far longer than the MoTU stuff lasts, and at least around me the Masterverse stuff is selling with the exception of Battlecat, which is just very pricey to be selling through quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by mizterfish View Post
    Disagree on Masterverse being the odd line out. They are focused on pulling the multiverse of different lines into it and we’re only on wave 1. I see Marvel legends and DC multiverse on shelves far longer than the MoTU stuff lasts, and at least around me the Masterverse stuff is selling with the exception of Battlecat, which is just very pricey to be selling through quickly.

I agree, I see masterverse lasting the longest out of the three. The cgi ones will fade away
    "There's no back door to heaven just a front door to hell" - DIO RIP

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    Meanwhile up here in Canada they keep relentlessly restocking wave 5...
    In Georgia I have seen wave 5 at various local Walmart and Target seven different times. I still haven’t seen wave 6 anywhere but I got wave 6 in two months ago from EE. It allowed me to army build Faker and LOP Mer-man.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanbase0000 View Post
    In Georgia I have seen wave 5 at various local Walmart and Target seven different times. I still haven’t seen wave 6 anywhere but I got wave 6 in two months ago from EE. It allowed me to army build Faker and LOP Mer-man.
    On EE's website, wave 6 is still shown as "pre-order"...

Went to Wal-Mart today. They had a few Masterverse figures, nothing from Origins except a ton of Battle Cats, and two He-Mans from the CGI cartoon line.

The upside of that being, like a week or so ago they had a bunch of Origins He-Man, Skeletor, and Battle Armor figures, so they all moved.

I pondered buying the CGI He-Man figure, but in the end I bought three Hasbro Ghostbusters figures instead. I just plain can't get into the aesthetic. Not saying I'll never get that figure, but not on this day. I'm at the point with SO much MOTU stuff coming out I just can't keep buying ALL the different lines and figures.

It's a good "problem" to have, admittedly. But something's gotta give, and for now I'm keeping Origins as my main MOTU line.
    My matches, toy reviews, promos and more are on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA

Widget
    I have a few questions.

#1. If you miss a wave of Origins are you pretty much out of luck & have to pay scalper prices? I started seriously collecting Origins starting with wave 5. I didn't jump onboard right away because of Teela's knees lol. I'm done with waves 1 & 2. I'm working on wave 4. But wave 3 looks like it's going to be a problem, I want all 4 from wave 3 but they seem to be super expensive. Is there any chance Mattel will get more of the older waves out or are they completely done? I saw a site that had Zodac up for pre-order & it said Jan 2022.

So what should I do? Just pay scalper prices on ebay now or wait to see if they show up again in January?

#2. Are there any plans for regular retail releases (alternate versions) of the Origins Power-Con exclusives like they're doing with Revelation Scare Glow? The only exclusive I got was Scare Glow & he's going to get a wide release. The only Power-Con exclusives I wanted were the battle armor & Horde Troopers.

#3 Is Grizzlor going to be released in a regular wave or is he Power-Con only?

#4. Why doesn't my avatar show up in the forum? It shows in my control panel but not when I post.

Thanks!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    On EE's website, wave 6 is still shown as "pre-order"...
    Yes. EE sent out the orders for the people who had preordered origins wave 6 when the wave has initially came up for preorders. They did the same thing for Eternia Guards and Mosquitor. I got my Mosquitor from them months ago. On EE website Mosquitor is also back on preorder. Additionally, I preordered 3 Eternia Guards from them and got them in weeks ago. I want to get more Eternia Guards but they are back on preordered and won’t get more in stock until January.

Opiate of the Masses anytimepally's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Reformatted2086 View Post
    I have a few questions.

#1. If you miss a wave of Origins are you pretty much out of luck & have to pay scalper prices? I started seriously collecting Origins starting with wave 5. I didn't jump onboard right away because of Teela's knees lol. I'm done with waves 1 & 2. I'm working on wave 4. But wave 3 looks like it's going to be a problem, I want all 4 from wave 3 but they seem to be super expensive. Is there any chance Mattel will get more of the older waves out or are they completely done? I saw a site that had Zodac up for pre-order & it said Jan 2022.

So what should I do? Just pay scalper prices on ebay now or wait to see if they show up again in January?

#2. Are there any plans for regular retail releases (alternate versions) of the Origins Power-Con exclusives like they're doing with Revelation Scare Glow? The only exclusive I got was Scare Glow & he's going to get a wide release. The only Power-Con exclusives I wanted were the battle armor & Horde Troopers.

#4. Why doesn't my avatar show up in the forum? It shows in my control panel but not when I post.

Thanks!
    #1. Some people have had luck watching Amazon obsessively, but Wave 3 seems to show up at or near retail price far less often than Waves 1-2 and 4.
    #2. Some of them may get releases. Light brown grizzlor and regular horde troopers are a certainty. The troopers are already up for pre-order at some places.
    #3. Almost certainly, but he'll be the standard light brown version.
    #4. I have no idea.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Reformatted2086 View Post
    I have a few questions.

Thanks!
    A couple months ago Mattel did another production run of Origins wave 1-4. It was announced last week that Mattel had discontinued Origins wave 1-4 and won't make any more of them. They will be focusing on new waves - currently wave 7 was spotted in California 2 weeks ago. I believe the only Origins figures that Mattel said are evergreen ie always be available at retail will be He-Man, Skeletor, and Battlecat. On-line retailers like EE have been canceling existing pre-orders for Origins wave 1-4 since they won't be getting any more in. However, there are still inventory left from Mattel last production run. Your best bet is to stalk and keep a careful eye on all the major retailers website especially Amazon and walmart since within the last couple months I've seen random figures from Origins wave 1-4 pop up there for MSRP.

We already know that regular Horde Troopers are coming in wave 8. A non-deluxe version of Sun Man is also in wave 8 at retail. Mattel hinted during a Pixel Dan interview that light brown face Grizzlor would be coming out at retail too, which is a given considering the cost of new tooling. More than likely we will eventually also see at retail a Filmation blue version of Hordak but with slight alteration compared to the Power Con version.

Leo Faker is a niche figure so we might not get a Leo Faker at retail. Mattel already got their tooling cost back since Leo Faker is just a redeco of Faker who is a straight redeco of He-Man. Plus from the Dupli-cat mold Mattel already got Battle Cat, Panthor, Battle Field Battle Cat, and flocked Panthor. There is a lot of speculation (but no proof yet) that we will eventually get deluxe Battle Armor Faker at retail, which would be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanbase0000 View Post
    A couple months ago Mattel did another production run of Origins wave 1-4. It was announced last week that Mattel had discontinued Origins wave 1-4 and won't make any more of them.
    Just curious, where was this announcement made? I hardly ever hear Mattel give out any official news on MOTU unless it's at Power-Con or a Pixel Dan interview.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

Because people said it on Reddit. It was never and has never been officially "announced". I very much doubt Mattel would announce that, anyway.