Page 4 of 106 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 2648

Thread: MOTU Origins found IN STORE!

  1. #76
    Heroic Warrior DC_WARLORD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Skartaris, Inner Earth
    Posts
    2,749
    My local Wal-Mart will never have them, but at least I know that.

    Isn't it funny how THERE IS ALWAYS AN ISSUE COLLECTING MOTU!!???

    -200X had the absolute worst case ratios, which caused the line to die prematurely
    -MOTU Classics had the dreaded WSOD and various QC issues
    -MCX MOTU had spotty distribution
    -Origins....while not officially released, already has spotty distribution, showing up in random stores before it's offical release date.

    Granted, Origins still has a chance to be completely different. Believe it or not, I'm not trying to be a Debbie Downer..I'm just pointing out that it's a property that continually gets resurrected, yet can be hard as blazes to buy!

    Anyway, Good Luck to everybody!! In theory, these should be easy to find within a month or two, and even easier in '21.
    Last edited by DC_WARLORD; July 29, 2020 at 05:33pm.
    Odd Man Out

  2. #77
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Elmira,NY
    Posts
    317
    Finally found He-Man and Skeletor at my local Walmart. Had 4 of each. Bought 2 of each. 1 to keep carded (these were all unpunched), the other to open and display. Anyone know a good company that has protective cases for carded figures these will work in?
    Last edited by scareglow01; July 29, 2020 at 06:09pm.

  3. #78
    Court Magician SwordOfPower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by scareglow01 View Post
    Finally found He-Man and Skeletor at my local Walmart. Had 4 of each. Bought 2 of each. 1 to keep carded (these were all unpunched), the other to open and display. Anyone know a good company that has protective cases for carded figures these will work in?
    So these have hit the east coast, still none of the single figures in the Midwest it seems. Although I did find Battle Cat!

    I second the above question also, anyone know of any good protectors for these?

  4. #79
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    1,115
    Quote Originally Posted by Brasco View Post
    I know theyíre not officially out yet but decided to go check my local Walmart A little while ago(Centereach Long Island) Iím not feeling very optimistic at all. The toy aisles were bare as can be. Not sure if this has something to to with the kids being stuck in the house and parents just buying them loads of toys or what. Have a familiar feeling that a majority of us will never find them all in stores
    That's actually a big problem nation (if not world) wide. Parents have been buying more toys during the pandemic, but stores haven't been focused on restocking them. Target seems to be better about this, but it's my understanding that Walmart won't put out toys unless you call them ahead of time pretty much.

  5. #80
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Elmira,NY
    Posts
    317
    Check other aisles other than the action figure aisle. I found mine on a shelf next to the barbies. Still haven't come across any minis.

  6. #81
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    1,115
    McPherson Kansas has them. It's too far for me to go for action figures, but if you're in the area, have at it.

  7. #82
    Court Magician SwordOfPower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by BooperScoop View Post
    McPherson Kansas has them. It's too far for me to go for action figures, but if you're in the area, have at it.
    Need to stick with the Northern Illinois area, haha.

  8. #83
    Heroic Warrior wayne-klops's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Fishers, Indiana
    Posts
    5,182
    Well, I was finally able to find some Origins at my local Wal-Mart tonight. They had Battle Cat, He-Man, and Skeletor, and got one of each.

    They're pretty fun in hand. I keep wanting to close Skeletor's mouth though . Hopefully I'll be able to find the rest of the bunch soon.

    Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

  9. #84
    Heroic Warrior TE-MAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    306

    Canada release date?

    Just want to know, if anybody can answer these questions I'd appreciate it.

    when they say MOTU ORIGINS will be in Walmart August 1st, does that mean in the U.S. and Canada?

    Secondly, with all the exciting news about people finding figures/battle cat/prince Adam and Sky Sled, has anyone in Canada found anything?
    Thanks
    Most Powerful Man In The Universe

  10. #85
    Court Magician SwordOfPower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by wayne-klops View Post
    Well, I was finally able to find some Origins at my local Wal-Mart tonight. They had Battle Cat, He-Man, and Skeletor, and got one of each.

    They're pretty fun in hand. I keep wanting to close Skeletor's mouth though . Hopefully I'll be able to find the rest of the bunch soon.

    Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Indianapolis area? Thatís only about 3 hours from me.
    Maybe these will get here by August 1st!

  11. #86
    Heroic Warrior wayne-klops's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Fishers, Indiana
    Posts
    5,182
    Quote Originally Posted by SwordOfPower View Post
    Indianapolis area? Thatís only about 3 hours from me.
    Maybe these will get here by August 1st!
    Yes, I don't know if the store is technically considered in Fishers or Indianapolis, it's right at the line. The website also showed them in stock at other nearby stores in the area; I went to the Noblesville store first, where I usually have more luck, and they didn't have anything. Decided on a whim to go to the Fishers/North Indy store and found stuff. Might be stuff at other stores but decided not to press my luck and stopped with what I got. Hopefully by Saturday things will be more plentiful!

    Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

  12. #87
    Council Elder zodak74's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Point Dread
    Posts
    15,685
    Quote Originally Posted by DC_WARLORD View Post
    My local Wal-Mart will never have them, but at least I know that.

    Isn't it funny how THERE IS ALWAYS AN ISSUE COLLECTING MOTU!!???

    -200X had the absolute worst case ratios, which caused the line to die prematurely
    -MOTU Classics had the dreaded WSOD and various QC issues
    -MCX MOTU had spotty distribution
    -Origins....while not officially released, already has spotty distribution, showing up in random stores before it's offical release date.

    Granted, Origins still has a chance to be completely different. Believe it or not, I'm not trying to be a Debbie Downer..I'm just pointing out that it's a property that continually gets resurrected, yet can be hard as blazes to buy!

    Anyway, Good Luck to everybody!! In theory, these should be easy to find within a month or two, and even easier in '21.
    Oh, it's definitely a pattern... LOL!
    That's why something like the Netflix cartoon has me pumped... once it has an air date, it's going to be the most easy-access He-Man-related thing in decades. No hunting down anything or waiting out huge unexplained gaps in air dates, switched times, etc.
    So while the plastic toys and comic books might always forever be hard to track down, at least the next two shows will just be there for the taking.

  13. #88
    Eternian Music Master mikethedrummer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    5,074
    Checked Brickseek last night and saw the Sky Sled/Prince Adam set was in stock so I stopped in my local Wal-Mart this morning and they had pallets in the aisles. I dug through them and found 2 cases. 2 employees walked by me while digging and never said a word. Grabbed a case and realized they are 3 to a case so I will be taking one back for others to have a chance.

    Brickseek isn't a 100% guarantee but if you have the time, I'd be checking in the morning when the store opens...plus less people there at that time.
    PS4 contact: Petruk1976
    mikethedrummer's feedback thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...edback-Thread!

  14. #89
    Broncos lovin' admin! dorrmann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Posts
    17,271
    With some patience around closing time, I was able to finish buying the first wave last night. I found a case of Sky Sled!

    If I happen across them in the stores in the coming weeks, I'm considering buying another set for my daughter. She seems to love playing with them.

    Quote Originally Posted by scareglow01 View Post
    Finally found He-Man and Skeletor at my local Walmart. Had 4 of each. Bought 2 of each. 1 to keep carded (these were all unpunched), the other to open and display. Anyone know a good company that has protective cases for carded figures these will work in?
    The original MOTU cases from Zoloworld seem to work great!

  15. #90
    Heroic Warrior DC_WARLORD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Skartaris, Inner Earth
    Posts
    2,749
    From what I understand, Scalpers are grabbing these things up like crazy, which is crazy in and of itself, because technically, they aren't even supposed to be in stores yet.

    My long term hope is that Scalpers are sitting in their living rooms, surrounded by dozens of Origins figures that they can't even give away because they are plentiful in stores.
    Odd Man Out

  16. #91
    Argenternian heavy-eternium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    BUENOS AIRES,ARGENTINA,SOUTH OF HEAVEN
    Posts
    2,238
    I hope the fans and scalpers leave some figures on the shelves and the children discover them haha

  17. #92
    Heroic Warrior manowar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Chicago IL
    Posts
    1,223
    Quote Originally Posted by DC_WARLORD View Post
    From what I understand, Scalpers are grabbing these things up like crazy, which is crazy in and of itself, because technically, they aren't even supposed to be in stores yet.

    My long term hope is that Scalpers are sitting in their living rooms, surrounded by dozens of Origins figures that they can't even give away because they are plentiful in stores.
    That's what I'm hoping for too. In the late 90's when Star Wars figures were big again in the stores, there was one Toys R Us that had a Kenner rep that would put out all the new stuff. There were scalpers who showed up in the morning, push everyone aside, grab everything and run. Then they would meet up in the parking lot to do business with other scalpers. Real scum...

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

  18. #93
    Court Magician SwordOfPower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    52
    Chicagoland area still showing no sign, been widening my Brickseek search and still nothing. Iím really doubting this will change between now and August 1st. (I know Iím being whiny, thatís why I wonít post in that FB group, seen too many people be mean to overly exited collectors.)

  19. #94
    Evil Titan of Industry melmoth666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    1,477
    Quote Originally Posted by SwordOfPower View Post
    Chicagoland area still showing no sign, been widening my Brickseek search and still nothing. Iím really doubting this will change between now and August 1st. (I know Iím being whiny, thatís why I wonít post in that FB group, seen too many people be mean to overly exited collectors.)
    I have seen a couple skeletors in Evergreen Park a few weeks back. My wife said she saw them in Orland Park this past weekend. I'm going to Evergreen Park Walmart tonight. I will PM you if they have anything.
    Rambo was a documentary filmed in real time.

  20. #95
    Court Magician SwordOfPower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by melmoth666 View Post
    I have seen a couple skeletors in Evergreen Park a few weeks back. My wife said she saw them in Orland Park this past weekend. I'm going to Evergreen Park Walmart tonight. I will PM you if they have anything.
    Thank you!

  21. #96
    Master of fear Drunken Fist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Petal, Mississippi
    Posts
    6,457
    Yeah, I'm not expecting these to be available here on the first. Nearest store has nothing, and Brickseek still shows nothing at any store within 75 miles. It won't kill anyone to wait another couple of weeks, of course, but what is the point of setting a release date if they can't even get the merchandise to the stores on time? If I don't manage to win the website lottery and grab the stuff I want i the next few days, which is unlikely, I'm resigned to waiting another week or two, at least.

  22. #97
    Court Magician SwordOfPower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    52
    I agree, setting a release date but not getting these out everywhere in time is kind of a let down not even counting people that will go to places that have already been cleaned out before August 1st.

  23. #98
    Heroic Dad, Teacher, Nerd Uki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    The Woodlands,Tx
    Posts
    13,147
    Hermione and I found Battle Cat yesterday morning. She really wants to start her own YouTube channel of toy reviews and other silly stuff, so sheís holding off on opening him.

    Side note: I posted a pic of her holding him up in WM on a FB group, and Rebecca Taylor posted that Mark saw it, loved it, and had her print it for him to play on his bulletin board!

    Side-side-Note: I ended up removing the picture after some friends on IG informed me that another account had stolen the pic from FB and posted it. (Creeeeper.) I I got him to remove it, but he got pretty ugly via PM. I canít imagine someone thinking it would be okay to post a pic of someone elseís kid.

    Iím hoping to find some more Origins this weekend. Iíd like to complete Wave 1 for Hermione, though I think Iíll stash some to boost her spirits as the school year begins. (E all might need the pick-me-up!) Is also like to get a few for my nephew.
    MOTU Origins Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Anti-Eternia Characters, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

    Instagram: Just_Thommy
    Hermione's Toy Box on Youtube (GIVEAWAY in Progress!): https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8C...xlwUttPSJAUZMA

  24. #99
    Heroic Warrior Brasco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Lake Grove, NY
    Posts
    1,118
    Attachment 123237

    Went to a different Walmart and found 4 each of these. Bought 2 of each but will probably end up buying more down the road for my MOCís because the cards are all bent along the bottom. Donít like the fact that they were just thrown on the bottom shelf and not on peg hooks though. Hopefully come Saturday they will start popping up everywhere
    "There's no back door to heaven just a front door to hell" - DIO RIP

  25. #100
    Cheap Repaint FAKER II's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,539
    My local Walmart just reset the toy section. No MOTU Origins yet, but they have the pegs up for them.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

    "The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •