Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 116

Thread: National Hockey League / Hockey Hall Of Fame

  1. #76
    Evil Warrior jibernish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    2,825
    Quote Originally Posted by DynastyMasters View Post
    It's starting to look like the Tampa Bay Lightning is going to three-peat. The first NHL three-peat since the New York Islanders in 1982, 40 years ago.
    I hope so, but it's still a long way to go with some great teams left.

  2. #77
    President of Primus Ornclown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Tri-Solar System
    Posts
    10,263
    Colorado sweeps Edmonton to advance to the Stanley Cup Finals!



    The West is set... now let's see what happens in the East!

    (GO Rangers!!!)
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

    >>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

  3. #78
    Dynasty Masters Universe DynastyMasters's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Fort Lauderdale
    Posts
    843


    Nazem Kadri missed the photo!

    Avalanche's Kadri has thumb surgery following hit from Oilers' Kane

    https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article...m-oilers-kane/

    - - - Updated - - -



    2022 Stanley Cup Final

    Tampa Bay (A3) vs. Colorado (C1)

    Wednesday, June 15: Lightning at Avalanche, 8 p.m. ET, ESPN+, ABC, SN, CBC, TVA Sports
    Saturday, June 18: Lightning at Avalanche, 8 p.m. ET, ESPN+, ABC, SN, CBC, TVA Sports
    Monday, June 20: Avalanche at Lightning, 8 p.m. ET, ESPN+, ABC, SN, CBC, TVA Sports
    Wednesday, June 22: Avalanche at Lightning, 8 p.m. ET, ESPN+, ABC, SN, CBC, TVA Sports
    *Friday, June 24: Lightning at Avalanche, 8 p.m. ET, ESPN+, ABC, SN, CBC, TVA Sports
    *Sunday, June 26: Avalanche at Lightning, 8 p.m. ET, ESPN+, ABC, SN, CBC, TVA Sports
    *Tuesday, June 28: Lightning at Avalanche, 8 p.m. ET, ESPN+, ABC, SN, CBC, TVA Sports
    Last edited by DynastyMasters; June 7, 2022 at 07:47pm.
    DYNASTY AND THE MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE
    http://www.dynastyandthemastersofthe...e.blogspot.com

  4. #79
    Evil Warrior jibernish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    2,825
    Go Bolts!

    That Trouba is a dirty one. I think the Rangers are a good team with a bright future, but they need to mature emotionally to take that next step. They get frustrated and then they through little temper tantrums. Most teams bend the rules some, do what they can get away with, but the great teams do it strategically, not impulsively. The Rangers seem to throw fits when they are upset things aren't going their way.

  5. #80
    President of Primus Ornclown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Tri-Solar System
    Posts
    10,263
    The Rangers were way too dependent on their Power Play...

    They needed more 5 on 5 goals from their grinders and stop giving up the odd-man breaks.



    Now it's up to the Avalanche to dethrone the "Lightning Rods!"
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

    >>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

  6. #81
    Evil Warrior jibernish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    2,825
    I keep hearing that the Rangers just ran out of gas. Too tired to push it as hard as was needed, not enough days off. The coach even said so. The Bolts had I think 8 or 9 days between round 2 and 3. So that would bode well for Colorado.

  7. #82
    Heroic Warrior Riddle of Steel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    2,108
    Quote Originally Posted by jibernish View Post
    Go Bolts!

    That Trouba is a dirty one. I think the Rangers are a good team with a bright future, but they need to mature emotionally to take that next step. They get frustrated and then they through little temper tantrums. Most teams bend the rules some, do what they can get away with, but the great teams do it strategically, not impulsively. The Rangers seem to throw fits when they are upset things aren't going their way.
    Watch the Trouba hits again. They're all pretty clean. Just because a player alters their position at the last second and then Trouba hits them up high or such isn't his fault. That's FAR from head-hunting which is what the league is protecting against.

    I missed game 3 and I know he had a couple penalties late so can't comment on those, but his devastating hits were all pretty clean in the other games.

    As for the "temper tantrums" I don't know what you're really talking about with that. EVERY team scrums at various points. One extra hack to the goalie after he freezes the puck and here we go. Stuff like that happens all the time. They're also the youngest team in the league with practically no playoff experience so they have a ways to go with that, but are headed in the right direction.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by jibernish View Post
    I keep hearing that the Rangers just ran out of gas. Too tired to push it as hard as was needed, not enough days off. The coach even said so. The Bolts had I think 8 or 9 days between round 2 and 3. So that would bode well for Colorado.
    2 game sevens, then a game 6, nearly 80 shots on goal in game one vs. the Pens with I believe 2 OT's will do that to you. You can't keep playing at that pace. 20 games in 40 days. The lightning had 9 days off after round 2. Looked rusty as hell in game 1 vs. the Rangers. Lost game 2 by a narrow margin. Almost lost game 3, but you could start to see the difference as time went on.

    The Lightning got better and stronger as the Rangers became more tired and less effective. Lightning was/still is the better team at the end of the day though and deserved the win.

  8. #83
    Evil Warrior jibernish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    2,825
    Quote Originally Posted by Riddle of Steel View Post
    Watch the Trouba hits again. They're all pretty clean. Just because a player alters their position at the last second and then Trouba hits them up high or such isn't his fault. That's FAR from head-hunting which is what the league is protecting against.

    I missed game 3 and I know he had a couple penalties late so can't comment on those, but his devastating hits were all pretty clean in the other games.

    As for the "temper tantrums" I don't know what you're really talking about with that. EVERY team scrums at various points. One extra hack to the goalie after he freezes the puck and here we go. Stuff like that happens all the time. They're also the youngest team in the league with practically no playoff experience so they have a ways to go with that, but are headed in the right direction.

    - - - Updated - - -



    2 game sevens, then a game 6, nearly 80 shots on goal in game one vs. the Pens with I believe 2 OT's will do that to you. You can't keep playing at that pace. 20 games in 40 days. The lightning had 9 days off after round 2. Looked rusty as hell in game 1 vs. the Rangers. Lost game 2 by a narrow margin. Almost lost game 3, but you could start to see the difference as time went on.

    The Lightning got better and stronger as the Rangers became more tired and less effective. Lightning was/still is the better team at the end of the day though and deserved the win.
    Maybe dirty is too strong of a word... I can't remember which game it was or which Bolt it was against, but Trouba came in late and threw an elbow at the Bolt's head. Luckily he ducked out of the way. There were a couple of other plays that the announcers called out too - not necessarily dirty but questionable.

    I'll have to defer to you if you saw all the games except 3. You probably have more hockey knowledge than I do too. I came into the sport relatively recently and I live in Texas (though I lived in Tampa for 30 years), so I don't get to see the Lightning very often. I don't have cable right now, so my viewing is from Youtube highlights only (though I have been watching them all and listening to a lot of commentary). But I did watch the Bolts last year during the playoffs and I can't remember any significant scrums/fights. And nothing this year either. But I have seen the Rangers get into it series after series. I think it's because they are young, like you said, and I also think they are getting overly emotional rather than playing smart. I think it hurt their game. I think in a season or two they will learn to control that fire rather than be controlled by it.

    And yeah, the fatigue... I can't imagine how tired they must have been. So the Avs had quite a few days off here and should be well rested. Maybe they come out rusty like the Bolts did in game 1/2. I think the Lightning would be better able to pace themselves than the Rangers since they've played this many games three years in a row now. But who knows - maybe they are extra tired.

    Like I said, I'm relatively new to hockey. I'm really enjoying learning the sport. I'm really impressed with the overall intelligence and sophistication of the average hockey fan compared to the average NFL fan. Hockey is such a deep sport and it's amazing to watch these guys play. I wish I'd watched more of it while I lived in Tampa.

    So who do you think takes this series? Are you a Penguins fan? How long have you been watching hockey? Just curious.

  9. #84
    Heroic Warrior Riddle of Steel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    2,108
    Quote Originally Posted by jibernish View Post
    Maybe dirty is too strong of a word... I can't remember which game it was or which Bolt it was against, but Trouba came in late and threw an elbow at the Bolt's head. Luckily he ducked out of the way. There were a couple of other plays that the announcers called out too - not necessarily dirty but questionable.

    I'll have to defer to you if you saw all the games except 3. You probably have more hockey knowledge than I do too. I came into the sport relatively recently and I live in Texas (though I lived in Tampa for 30 years), so I don't get to see the Lightning very often. I don't have cable right now, so my viewing is from Youtube highlights only (though I have been watching them all and listening to a lot of commentary). But I did watch the Bolts last year during the playoffs and I can't remember any significant scrums/fights. And nothing this year either. But I have seen the Rangers get into it series after series. I think it's because they are young, like you said, and I also think they are getting overly emotional rather than playing smart. I think it hurt their game. I think in a season or two they will learn to control that fire rather than be controlled by it.

    And yeah, the fatigue... I can't imagine how tired they must have been. So the Avs had quite a few days off here and should be well rested. Maybe they come out rusty like the Bolts did in game 1/2. I think the Lightning would be better able to pace themselves than the Rangers since they've played this many games three years in a row now. But who knows - maybe they are extra tired.

    Like I said, I'm relatively new to hockey. I'm really enjoying learning the sport. I'm really impressed with the overall intelligence and sophistication of the average hockey fan compared to the average NFL fan. Hockey is such a deep sport and it's amazing to watch these guys play. I wish I'd watched more of it while I lived in Tampa.

    So who do you think takes this series? Are you a Penguins fan? How long have you been watching hockey? Just curious.

    The scrums tend to taper off during the playoffs as the games are just too meaningful to take bad penalties. Much more common at the end of games though as you saw the other night *I think game 5* as not much will come of it. The game is already over so penalties are meaninglessness as they don't carry over and you won't get suspended unless something REALLY bad goes down. It's generally a result of frustration/teams trying to send a message. It happens all the time in hockey though so to the regular watcher it's nothing to get excited about.

    The rest in regard to tonight's series is more then enough for both teams so that shouldn't be an issue. There's only so much that you're going to recuperate unless you're injured. Tampa's last game was 5 days ago and Colorodo's longer then that. It's when you're continuously going with only 1-2 days off in between that it's really an issue.

    It's a great sport. I've never met one person who's perception of it hasn't changed once they've either played it or watched it live. The reason why it has such a hard time gaining traction is mainly economic. It's not cheap to buy all of the gear no matter what position you play, ice time AND location is limited, and most schools, communities, towns ect. don't offer it as a sport because it's so expensive with no place to play it. Throw in the cost of insurance on top of it.

    Look at every other major team sport. American Football aside if it's full contact, and it requires very little to play it. Soccer and basketball especially.

    Hopefully the Avs take it since I'm a Rangers fan =) and I've playing it/watching it since the age of 9.

  10. #85
    Evil Warrior jibernish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    2,825
    Quote Originally Posted by Riddle of Steel View Post
    The scrums tend to taper off during the playoffs as the games are just too meaningful to take bad penalties. Much more common at the end of games though as you saw the other night *I think game 5* as not much will come of it. The game is already over so penalties are meaninglessness as they don't carry over and you won't get suspended unless something REALLY bad goes down. It's generally a result of frustration/teams trying to send a message. It happens all the time in hockey though so to the regular watcher it's nothing to get excited about.

    The rest in regard to tonight's series is more then enough for both teams so that shouldn't be an issue. There's only so much that you're going to recuperate unless you're injured. Tampa's last game was 5 days ago and Colorodo's longer then that. It's when you're continuously going with only 1-2 days off in between that it's really an issue.

    It's a great sport. I've never met one person who's perception of it hasn't changed once they've either played it or watched it live. The reason why it has such a hard time gaining traction is mainly economic. It's not cheap to buy all of the gear no matter what position you play, ice time AND location is limited, and most schools, communities, towns ect. don't offer it as a sport because it's so expensive with no place to play it. Throw in the cost of insurance on top of it.

    Look at every other major team sport. American Football aside if it's full contact, and it requires very little to play it. Soccer and basketball especially.

    Hopefully the Avs take it since I'm a Rangers fan =) and I've playing it/watching it since the age of 9.
    Hey thanks for all of that. The only hockey I've ever played was field hockey in gym class. I play goalie once and man did I get BEAT UP. Very cool that you have played.

    Last night's game was a roller coaster. If only the Bolts hadn't had that double penalty...

    Did you watch? Is it me being a newbie, or did the Bolts seem sloppy with the puck when they'd recover it on their side? All the Avs would skate down to defend their net, but the Bolts would just take their time, and an Av would come and nearly take the puck back, or the Bolts would eventually make a long pass that got misdirected or stolen. I didn't see the Avs doing that. Is this them just trying to slow the game down? Plan? Rest?

    Seems to me, being a relative newbie, you want to be more careful with the puck the close it is to your net. And they seemed a bit sloppy to me last night.

  11. #86
    President of Primus Ornclown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Tri-Solar System
    Posts
    10,263
    Holy smokes!! The Avalanche put on a clinic in game 2!

    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

    >>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

  12. #87
    Broncos lovin' admin! dorrmann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Posts
    18,195
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Holy smokes!! The Avalanche put on a clinic in game 2!

    https://nhl.nbcsports.com/wp-content...199.jpg?w=1024
    That was amazing to watch. I've never seen anything like it.

  13. #88
    Evil Warrior jibernish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    2,825
    That was like watching someone get beat to death. The Bolts were absolutely destroyed in every way possible.

    Someone had posted their prediction of this series somewhere: Avs in 2. It seemed a ridiculous prediction at the time but they may have actually been right. I'm a Bolts fan but I don't know if they can come back from this.

  14. #89
    Heroic Warrior Riddle of Steel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    2,108
    Quote Originally Posted by jibernish View Post
    Hey thanks for all of that. The only hockey I've ever played was field hockey in gym class. I play goalie once and man did I get BEAT UP. Very cool that you have played.

    Last night's game was a roller coaster. If only the Bolts hadn't had that double penalty...

    Did you watch? Is it me being a newbie, or did the Bolts seem sloppy with the puck when they'd recover it on their side? All the Avs would skate down to defend their net, but the Bolts would just take their time, and an Av would come and nearly take the puck back, or the Bolts would eventually make a long pass that got misdirected or stolen. I didn't see the Avs doing that. Is this them just trying to slow the game down? Plan? Rest?

    Seems to me, being a relative newbie, you want to be more careful with the puck the close it is to your net. And they seemed a bit sloppy to me last night.
    Sadly I missed BOTH games 1 and 2. Just wasn't able to watch them do to other stuff going on, but I'll be there tonight. Saturday night was an absolute embarrassment though. Geez.......I don't know how in the hell you let that happen.

    Just like that though and I think that the Lightning are toast. Just too much going against them at this point. Did you know that the Avs. only have TWO losses in the ENTIRE 2022 playoffs? That's crazy and both were at home! Now they're going to Tampa up 2-0? Not good. Then on top of it I can't see Colorado losing game 7 at home no matter what. So that means that Tampa would need to win the next FOUR in a row as far as I'm concerned.

    Just too much of an uphill climb. They REALLY needed to split that series in Colorado to have a chance IMO.

  15. #90
    President of Primus Ornclown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Tri-Solar System
    Posts
    10,263
    Quote Originally Posted by dorrmann View Post
    That was amazing to watch. I've never seen anything like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by jibernish View Post
    That was like watching someone get beat to death. The Bolts were absolutely destroyed in every way possible.

    Someone had posted their prediction of this series somewhere: Avs in 2. It seemed a ridiculous prediction at the time but they may have actually been right. I'm a Bolts fan but I don't know if they can come back from this.
    It is going to be interesting to see how Tampa responds to game 2 tonight.

    Many of the articles I've read mention that Tampa was down 2 - 0 in the conference finals as well, but the deficit against Colorado feels much different...

    This is the most important game Tampa will play all season.


    However, another aspect to take into account is the fact that the Avalanche have won every away game so far this post-season.

    Anyway, it's time for a new dynasty! GO AVS!!
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

    >>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

  16. #91
    Evil Warrior jibernish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    2,825
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    It is going to be interesting to see how Tampa responds to game 2 tonight.

    Many of the articles I've read mention that Tampa was down 2 - 0 in the conference finals as well, but the deficit against Colorado feels much different...

    This is the most important game Tampa will play all season.


    However, another aspect to take into account is the fact that the Avalanche have won every away game so far this post-season.

    Anyway, it's time for a new dynasty! GO AVS!!
    The Lightning were down 2-0 to the Rangers and I believe they were even down 2-0 in game three and then they came back. I don't know why it takes them so long to warm up. Vasilevskiy also doesn't play as well in the first game or two of a series.

    The Bolts came back strong last night. It's crazy how night and day the play has been. Despite 2 blowouts, it's been a tight series. The Bolts could be up 2-1 if that overtime game had just gone a little differently. Hopefully Kucherov can come back for the rest of the series. We've already lost Point, one of our best players, and it looked like Paul got injured too. I know the Avs are down a couple of guys as well. It's such a tough sport.

    If the Bolts can't win, I'm happy it won't be a New York, Boston, or California team.

  17. #92
    President of Primus Ornclown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Tri-Solar System
    Posts
    10,263
    The Colorado Avalanche take Game 4!

    ...but, what a strange goal for Nazem Kadri.



    There was a bit of wondering going on for a few seconds after the shot.

    Amazing that Kadri was added back into the lineup tonight after missing so many games (and having a broken thumb)... it seems to have payed off!
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

    >>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

  18. #93
    Mer-Man Repaint Stinkor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    746
    Kadri’s back. There’s still time for him to get suspended during these playoffs. Keep the streak alive, Nazem.

    The Lightening are saying the goal shouldn’t have counted since the Avs had six men on the ice.
    Last edited by Stinkor; June 23, 2022 at 02:06am.

  19. #94
    Evil Warrior jibernish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    2,825
    Quote Originally Posted by Stinkor View Post
    Kadri’s back. There’s still time for him to get suspended during these playoffs. Keep the streak alive, Nazem.

    The Lightening are saying the goal shouldn’t have counted since the Avs had six men on the ice.
    Yeah, Cooper hinted at something after the game. He wouldn't say what the issue was. He said he'd talk about it more tomorrow (Thursday). That's a bunch of crap if there were six men on the ice. How could they get that call wrong?

    I don't know though. Even if there were six men on the ice, it would have been hard for the Lightning to win. They looked completely gassed, and even with the penalty 2 minutes, they have been pretty terrible on the power play.

    Still, I don't know why all these championship games have to have such crappy referee calls - if indeed there were 6 men on the ice.

    ***I've done some reading this morning. Apparently the number of men on the ice is a pretty complicated subject, according to some.
    Last edited by jibernish; June 23, 2022 at 12:56pm.

  20. #95
    President of Primus Ornclown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Tri-Solar System
    Posts
    10,263
    Quote Originally Posted by jibernish View Post
    Yeah, Cooper hinted at something after the game. He wouldn't say what the issue was. He said he'd talk about it more tomorrow (Thursday). That's a bunch of crap if there were six men on the ice. How could they get that call wrong?

    I don't know though. Even if there were six men on the ice, it would have been hard for the Lightning to win. They looked completely gassed, and even with the penalty 2 minutes, they have been pretty terrible on the power play.

    Still, I don't know why all these championship games have to have such crappy referee calls - if indeed there were 6 men on the ice.

    ***I've done some reading this morning. Apparently the number of men on the ice is a pretty complicated subject, according to some.
    There was nothing unusual or underhanded going on in game 4... the rule for change ups states: "Players may be changed at any time during the play from the players' bench provided that the player or players leaving the ice shall be within five feet (5') of his players' bench and out of the play before the change is made."

    If a puck hits a player heading to the bench, or if a player heading to the bench decides to engage another player or play the puck, then it's a too-many-men penalty. The Avalanche had players heading to the bench for a change and new ones were hitting the ice just before the overtime goal, that was all... watch the benches in any NHL game and you will see this happen all of the time - a player will hop over the wall as another gets within five feet of it.

    Also, to clarify, the rule also states that it is up to the judgement of the on-ice officials. Clearly, MacKinnon had no intention of engaging in play, so it was as if he wasn't on the ice in the eyes of the linesmen.
    Last edited by Ornclown; June 24, 2022 at 12:35am.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

    >>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

  21. #96
    Evil Warrior jibernish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    2,825
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    There was nothing unusual or underhanded going on in game 4... the rule for change ups states: "Players may be changed at any time during the play from the players' bench provided that the player or players leaving the ice shall be within five feet (5') of his players' bench and out of the play before the change is made."

    If a puck hits a player heading to the bench, or if a player heading to the bench decides to engage another player or play the puck, then it's a too-many-men penalty. The Avalanche had players heading to the bench for a change and new ones were hitting the ice just before the overtime goal, that was all... watch the benches in any NHL game and you will see this happen all of the time - a player will hop over the wall as another gets within five feet of it.

    Also, to clarify, the rule also states that it is up to the judgement of the on-ice officials. Clearly, MacKinnon had no intention of engaging in play, so it was as if he wasn't on the ice in the eyes of the linesmen.
    Definitely not underhanded - I don't think anyone has argued that it was.

    I heard an official report that the refs weren't even aware, so they couldn't judge whether or not the change was ok. I have also heard that the Bolts had 7 men on the ice, so... there's that.

    I'm not arguing that the Bolts would have won. I don't think they would have. They were too tired. You could see it. They've played more games in the last 3 years than any other team, four more games than Colorado in this cup run, and they are older. And going back to the high altitude tonight is not going to help that at all.

  22. #97
    President of Primus Ornclown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Tri-Solar System
    Posts
    10,263
    Quote Originally Posted by jibernish View Post
    Definitely not underhanded - I don't think anyone has argued that it was.

    I heard an official report that the refs weren't even aware, so they couldn't judge whether or not the change was ok. I have also heard that the Bolts had 7 men on the ice, so... there's that.

    I'm not arguing that the Bolts would have won. I don't think they would have. They were too tired. You could see it. They've played more games in the last 3 years than any other team, four more games than Colorado in this cup run, and they are older. And going back to the high altitude tonight is not going to help that at all.
    Agreed.

    Plus, Tampa had been missing Brayden Point (their highest goal-scorer) up to this point, Nikita Kucherov, Nick Paul, and Anthony Cirelli are all playing through injury. And now, Erik Cernak is questionable.



    Speaking of whom, (not to add anymore controversy to the internet ether) the first Tampa goal could be just as controversial as the too-many-men issue. Usually when a goaltender's mask is removed, the whistle is instantly blown. But, the rule book states that if there is a scoring opportunity, it is left up to the judgement of the linesmen to make the call.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

    >>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

  23. #98
    Evil Warrior jibernish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    2,825
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Agreed.

    Plus, Tampa had been missing Brayden Point (their highest goal-scorer) up to this point, Nikita Kucherov, Nick Paul, and Anthony Cirelli are all playing through injury. And now, Erik Cernak is questionable.



    Speaking of whom, (not to add anymore controversy to the internet ether) the first Tampa goal could be just as controversial as the too-many-men issue. Usually when a goaltender's mask is removed, the whistle is instantly blown. But, the rule book states that if there is a scoring opportunity, it is left up to the judgement of the linesmen to make the call.
    Yeah, I heard that about the mask too. The commentators said if there is an imminent scoring chance they left the play develop.

    There are always close calls like this. That's why is so hard to win the Cup, let alone three straight.

    The Point injury was a big blow, as well as all the other injuries you mentioned. It just doesnt feel like its Tampa's year, not to take anything away from the Avs as they really are amazing. It's beautiful to watch them skate and I've really enjoyed Kuemper. He's not the best goalie in the world but he had that eye issue he had to get over and he's a real scrapper. Plays hard. Never gives up. I like him. Many of the Av goals are the puck bouncing off of someone.

    The Bolts are leaving everything they have on the ice. They are playing soooo hard. Even if they don't win, I'll will feel good about this series. It really is something to see.

    And again, I can't be too upset as long as we don't have a NY, Boston, or California champ. Colorado is a cool place.

  24. #99
    Dynasty Masters Universe DynastyMasters's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Fort Lauderdale
    Posts
    843


    Should ‘Too Many Men’ Have Been Called On The OT Winner? | Tim & Friends

    NO!
    DYNASTY AND THE MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE
    http://www.dynastyandthemastersofthe...e.blogspot.com

  25. #100
    Heroic Warrior Riddle of Steel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    2,108
    This sorta stuff happens more then people think, but it's often overlooked because it's either A) not in such a crucial spot or B) a goal isn't scored. You just can't nitpick EVERY little instance with a fine tooth comb like these guys were saying. It would be a disaster for the game.

    I'm surprised these guys didn't mention it, but the NHL *for those that don't know about it* had a period of time *around 20 years ago* ago where they experimented with the blue paint in the goal crease and how goals were scored. If ANY part of the opposing player was in the blue while a goal was scored aside from being pushed into it the goal would be disallowed, down to a FREAKIN' TOE!!! That's how crazy it got.

    They were stopping the game left and right to review that crap and more time then not it had NOTHING to even do with the goal, but they would still take it off the board.

    You gotta have some sort of leeway and judgment calls in sports or else it can get ridiculous REALLY quick.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •