Thread: Star Wars: The Bad Batch

Star Wars: The Bad Batch

Star Wars: The Bad Batch is a new animated series coming to Disney Plus in 2021. It is based off the characters from the season 7 story arc of Clone Wars.

Press release:

BURBANK, Calif. (July 13, 2020) – Today Disney+ ordered its next animated series from Lucasfilm, “Star Wars: The Bad Batch.” Fresh off of the critically-acclaimed series finale of “Star Wars: The Clone Wars,” the Disney+ original series will premiere on the streaming service in 2021.

The series follows the elite and experimental clones of the Bad Batch (first introduced in “The Clone Wars”) as they find their way in a rapidly changing galaxy in the immediate aftermath of the Clone War. Members of Bad Batch – a unique squad of clones who vary genetically from their brothers in the Clone Army -- each possess a singular exceptional skill which makes them extraordinarily effective soldiers and a formidable crew. In the post-Clone War era, they will take on daring mercenary missions as they struggle to stay afloat and find new purpose.

“Giving new and existing fans the final chapter of ‘Star Wars: The Clone Wars’ has been our honor at Disney+, and we are overjoyed by the global response to this landmark series,” said Agnes Chu, senior vice president, Content, Disney+. “While the Clone Wars may have come to its conclusion, our partnership with the groundbreaking storytellers and artists at Lucasfilm Animation is only beginning. We are thrilled to bring Dave Filoni’s vision to life through the next adventures of the Bad Batch.”

“Star Wars: The Bad Batch” is executive produced by Dave Filoni (“The Mandalorian,” “Star Wars: The Clone Wars”), Athena Portillo (“Star Wars: The Clone Wars,” “Star Wars Rebels”), Brad Rau (“Star Wars Rebels,” “Star Wars Resistance”) and Jennifer Corbett (“Star Wars Resistance,” “NCIS”) with Carrie Beck (“The Mandalorian,” “Star Wars Rebels”) as co-executive producer and Josh Rimes as producer (“Star Wars Resistance”). Rau is also serving as supervising director with Corbett as head writer.

Could be interesting.
    Disney should make a series set between the original trilogy and the sequels with the main characters Luke, Han and Leia etc.

In Stereo Where Available Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    After this series ends, they should have another spin off called "The New Batch," in which a group of clones end up in a laboratory and turn into partial animals like a bat, spider, etc. and create a bunch of horrible chaos for the galaxy and the empire. Then in the finale, they could all gather in the lobby singing "Endor, Endor" (to the tune of New York, New York), where they will all get electrocuted by a clone trooper who was turned into a bolt of lightening in the lab.

This could be an interesting way to look at how a massive regime change affected the Star Wars galaxy.

Heroic Warrior
    Meh.

At first it was reading like a poor description of Gremlins 2:The New Batch. Regardless, I'd watch it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    After this series ends, they should have another spin off called "The New Batch," in which a group of clones end up in a laboratory and turn into partial animals like a bat, spider, etc. and create a bunch of horrible chaos for the galaxy and the empire. Then in the finale, they could all gather in the lobby singing "Endor, Endor" (to the tune of New York, New York), where they will all get electrocuted by a clone trooper who was turned into a bolt of lightening in the lab.

I won't say too much yet, but I enjoyed the first episode and it will be interesting to see where they take the series going forward.

Inappropriate Tree Hugger The.Idea.of.Evil's Avatar
    Personally, I found the kid stuff to be really off putting and distracting. I'm sure it'll go somewhere narrative wise. But until there's some pay off, this is almost "Jr. Ghostbusters" quality bad =(

And this whole notion that they were "Control Chipped" to turn on the Republic? This is Disney all the way and WAY worse idea than Lucas already had...This was a dumb idea when it happened in Clone Wars and it's still a dumb idea today...

It was cloned after Jango Fett who was a BAD GUY to begin with???

To me that NEVER happened and it's "Legends" now....
    Last edited by Megalodon; May 7, 2021 at 03:13pm.

Overall I thought it was quite good and enjoyed it. It will be interesting to see how the series goes. There also a rumour a certain character may be making an apperance in the series.

Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    It was cloned after Jango Fett who was a BAD GUY to begin with???
    Was he really a bad guy...or just misunderstood, running from the rage within?

rage within.jpg
    "To a great mind, nothing is little."

Quote Originally Posted by Dice View Post
    Was he really a bad guy...or just misunderstood, running from the rage within?

rage within.jpg

Why Disney changed it to "Biomechanical Chips" is really a cheap way out to explain it...trying to put an "Easy" spin on it...

I always thought Order 66 was a code word to make them who they are and the Clones Of The Republic was a ruse... so saying that turned them back to who they REALLY were...

Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post

Why Disney changed it to "Biomechanical Chips" is really a cheap way out to explain it...trying to put an "Easy" spin on it...

I always thought Order 66 was a code word to make them who they are and the Clones Of The Republic was a ruse... so saying that turned them back to who they REALLY were...
    Can we really say the chips is a Disney change? I mean it's pretty likely that it was on in the works before Disney bought the brand.
    Last edited by A Dalek; May 8, 2021 at 10:14am.

Quote Originally Posted by A Dalek View Post
    I mean it's pretty likely that it was on in the works before Disney bought the brand.
    The "regular" chips were canon until after Disney bought Lucasfilm. Unless it was something George changed years ago, which is unlikely since they were mentioned even in Rebels, it was a Disney change. Please elaborate if you have some other info?

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    The "regular" chips were canon until after Disney bought Lucasfilm. Unless it was something George changed years ago, which is unlikely since they were mentioned even in Rebels, it was a Disney change. Please elaborate if you have some other info?
    The clone wars episode that bought up the whole chip thing came out less than a year and a half after Disney had bought Star Wars, given how long it takes on average to make an episode of Clone Wars and how important a plot point it ended up being I doubt they would have had time to enforce such a big sweeping change.

Quote Originally Posted by A Dalek View Post
    The clone wars episode that bought up the whole chip thing came out less than a year and a half after Disney had bought Star Wars, given how long it takes on average to make an episode of Clone Wars and how important a plot point it ended up being I doubt they would have had time to enforce such a big sweeping change.
    This is saying (At least I interpret) that the chips would put them in a "docile" stage more compliant but when order 66 is said it makes them who they REALLY are...

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Inhibitor_chip

"That is a structural inhibitor chip, which is supposed to prevent you from being aggressive, like your source, Jango Fett. Jedi Master Sifo-Dyas instructed us to implant them during your growth cycle."
    "We modified their genetic structure to make them less independent than the original host. They are totally obedient, taking any order without question."
    So Disney spins it like they are all "good" then become "bad" which is wrong...

If they were all really "bad", the whole cloning operation for the Republic would have gone south pretty quick. I don't think it would have taken the Jedi or others that long to figure it out or at least think clones were not the answer. There would have been too many negatives going on with a chip that only made them more "docile".

More on topic, I've enjoyed the two episodes so far. I see why they added Omega to the show since they think she will appeal to kids, but I think the show would have been fine without adding a child to the core characters. One of my kids likes Crosshairs as his favorite character and the other likes Echo the best. I like the callbacks to the Clone Wars cartoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    If they were all really "bad", the whole cloning operation for the Republic would have gone south pretty quick. I don't think it would have taken the Jedi or others that long to figure it out or at least think clones were not the answer. There would have been too many negatives going on with a chip that only made them more "docile"
    Nope it makes sense that they were "bad" to pretend to be good....Disney's idea is a load of "Legends" crap...

And doesn't anyone read posts anymore??? It's all right there...
    Last edited by Megalodon; May 9, 2021 at 09:09pm.

Star Wars: The Bad batch?

Star Wars:

The good batch - Original Theatrical Trilogy

The bad batch - everything else...

I kid, I kid..... or, do I?
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Looking forward to the Netflix Era<<

Heroic Warrior Granamyr's Helmet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Star Wars:

The good batch - Original Theatrical Trilogy

The bad batch - everything else...

I kid, I kid..... or, do I?
    Strong with the Force, this comment is.

This whole series has been really good so far.