Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Vote for the next MOTU Origins figure from Mattel

Heroic Warrior

Vote for the next MOTU Origins figure from Mattel

Updated July 29, 2020:

Round 3 of the #MOTU Origins poll from Mattel is live!
    This one decides which figure will be made in the line.
    Anti-Eternia Keldor faces off against Tri-Klops.
    Click here to vote!

--------------------
    Updated July 21, 2020:

Round 1 of the #MOTU Origins poll from Mattel is live!
    Anti-Eternia Keldor faces off against Anti-Eternia Man-At-Arms.
    Click here to vote!

--------------------
    Mattel just announced a fan vote for the next MOTU Origins figure, starting this Monday, July 20th, 2020.
    Visit their social media accounts on that day to see the contenders, and for more information on how to vote.

Instagram post
    Facebook post

--------------------
    Looking at the options, it seems there's a Filmation style He-Man, Man-At-Arms (if I had to bet, this is a mustache-less version), Tri-Klops, and possibly Keldor.
    What do you think?

Heroic Warrior
    The He-Man silhouette has to be Faker. Although Iíd be interested in each of these possibilities, my choice far and away would be Tri-Klops.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Hissto View Post
    The He-Man silhouette has to be Faker. Although Iíd be interested in each of these possibilities, my choice far and away would be Tri-Klops.
    It definitely isn't Faker. It has He-Man armor without raised squares as well as a pageboy haircut. That's without a doubt Filmation He-Man.

I'm personally hoping we get all of these at some point. Like, I get a Man-At-Arms variant, a He-Man variant, and Anti-Keldor being fan vote characters, but Tri-Klops is a core character.

Idk, that might be a minicomic/Filmation variant. At least I hope it is.

If the silhouettes are indicative of what the choices are and not just a shoddily put together last minute image to throw up on social media, my vote would go to Tri-Klops over any sort of variant/alternate version of an existing character.
    Guess we'll know what this is all about tomorrow!

Heroic Warrior
    That's obviously Tri-Klops, and I'm guessing the "He-Man" one is actually Faker. The top and bottom left leave me baffled, though. The top left could definitely be Keldor, because of the shape of the head (thinking it could be his hair). As for the "Man at Arms" one, why would Mattel already be making variants at such a stage?

Because... they're Mattel?
    Maybe it's a different colorway or like someone said, minus the mustache? The winner could also end up being an exclusive to some other retailer or online outlet. So, let's say if the winner turns out to be mustacheless MAA, maybe you can only buy that version at a Target or something.

Cool. Could the top right be wonderbread He-man?

Heroic Warrior
    Top right has the pageboy hair and a square-less power harness. That's gotta be Filmation He-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Beeto Bot View Post
    Cool. Could the top right be wonderbread He-man?
    Ooh! That would be tough... I would love that (but I love Tri-Klops just a little bit more).

In not buying Filmation variants in this line. I avoided them in Classics; I wonít not here. That said, I donít really see them doing that. If that is Wun-Dar, Iíd love to see him. I imagine all these could be made eventually; thatís been the case when Star Wars does this kind of thing.

My guesses are Wun-Dar, Snake MAA, Tri-Klops, and... Keldor? Skeleteen? Anti-Eternia Keldor...?
    MOTU Origins Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Anti-Eternia Characters, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy
    Hermione's Toy Box on Youtube (GIVEAWAY in Progress!): https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8C...xlwUttPSJAUZMA

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    In not buying Filmation variants in this line. I avoided them in Classics; I wonít not here. That said, I donít really see them doing that. If that is Wun-Dar, Iíd love to see him. I imagine all these could be made eventually; thatís been the case when Star Wars does this kind of thing.

My guesses are Wun-Dar, Snake MAA, Tri-Klops, and... Keldor? Skeleteen? Anti-Eternia Keldor...?
    I'm with you on not getting Filmation variants As someone with zero nostalgia for Filmation, it's just cringe tbh. Also, Keldor looks nearly identical to Anti-Eternia Keldor from the comics (look at the shoulder pads on the vest). I hadn't thought about Snake Man-At-Arms, I'm hoping that's what it is.

Although I want Anti-Eternia Keldor to win, I fully expect either Tri-Klops or He-Man (which really looks like Filmation with the pageboy hair and square-less harness)

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I'm really hoping that if we get Anti-Keldor, he has like the parts to make Anti-Keldor He-Man.

- - - Updated - - -

Or at least the half skull head and the NA havoc staff

- - - Updated - - -

hold on, what if Man-At-Arms is Anti-Man-At-Arms?

Heroic Warrior
    Tri-Klops - Defintely the one I'd be voting for if he's an option! He and Dragon Blaster Skeletor are currently the ones I want most in Origins.

Man-At-Arms - Not interested unless he's the snake armor version...now THAT I'd probably be keen for!

Keldor - That would be kinda cool and I wouldn't mind it at all. But I'd definitely vote Tri-Klops or Snake Armor MAA first...unless it was Anti-Eternia Keldor, which would be both unexpected and awesome, but I really don't see that happening.

Filmation He-Man - Nope. This would be the most underwhelming, boring and uninspired choice for me. Honestly, I didn't think they'd touch anything Filmation in this line and I'd be incredibly disappointed if they started now. Just my opinion.
    Wanted in MOTUC: 1) Masks of Power Demons 2) Mini-Comics Tri-Klops 3) Hoove 4) Vintage Attack Trak 5) Leech (Club Grayskull)
    Like Shock Rock? Check out my band: www.reverbnation.com/massrejection

You really think they are going to do the anti garbage in this line this fast? That's exclusive type garbage.

Hope those are just cheap shadows to throw you off. Like how wwe uses Randy Orton silhouette for everything.

And don't fill this line from the get go with variants of He Man and Skeletor. And definitely not another MAA.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by banthafett View Post
    You really think they are going to do the anti garbage in this line this fast? That's exclusive type garbage.

Hope those are just cheap shadows to throw you off. Like how wwe uses Randy Orton silhouette for everything.

And don't fill this line from the get go with variants of He Man and Skeletor. And definitely not another MAA.
    No, I don't think they'll release the "anti garbage", hence me saying I really don't see that happening, but I'd be shocked and excited if they did! But hey, thats just me.
    Wanted in MOTUC: 1) Masks of Power Demons 2) Mini-Comics Tri-Klops 3) Hoove 4) Vintage Attack Trak 5) Leech (Club Grayskull)
    Like Shock Rock? Check out my band: www.reverbnation.com/massrejection

Speaking completely selfishly, Iím going to be very sore if they start doing characters that didnít exist in Classics already. Then again Iíll get over it fast if I can use the parts on Classics bodies.

I get the feeling that theyíre just using shadows to represent mystery, and the silhouettes arenít necessarily indicative of what they represent. But theyíre doing alternate color ways in the minis line, so maybe thatís silver MAA etc.
    Please check out my custom figures. The first few stink but I get better.

https://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?277602-Masters-of-the-Hadleyverse

I also wrote a fanfic. See the fanfic board. At least four people like it.

ARetroGeekDad
    They will probably release all of the shadowed figures anyway.

*fingers crossed*
    come on, give me movie Teela

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk
    I must possess all, or I possess nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    I get the feeling that they’re just using shadows to represent mystery, and the silhouettes aren’t necessarily indicative of what they represent.
    That's exactly what I think. Everybody is busy trying to guess the silhouettes, but I don't think they are meant to be actual clues.

That said, I want the top left one to be Blue Vest Adam, or Gray ( Hero's secret identity )
    Last edited by DC_WARLORD; July 18, 2020 at 01:17pm.
    Odd Man Out

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by DC_WARLORD View Post
    That's exactly what I think. Everybody is so busy trying to guess the silhouettes, but I don't think they are meant to be clues.
    If they aren't, why are three of them distinctly different from actual figures? Surely it would be easier to use an outline of like He-Man for everything.

Quote Originally Posted by BooperScoop View Post
    If they aren't, why are three of them distinctly different from actual figures? Surely it would be easier to use an outline of like He-Man for everything.
    Maybe the graphic designer that created these art assets had outdated images or maybe used a Super7 figure for the He-Man? Mattel doesnít exactly fire on all cylinders, and the right hand doesnít always communicate with the left hand.

Iím not saying thereís no way youíre right or anything, I just expect a certain level of goofiness from any Mattel messaging.
    Please check out my custom figures. The first few stink but I get better.

https://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?277602-Masters-of-the-Hadleyverse

I also wrote a fanfic. See the fanfic board. At least four people like it.

Quote Originally Posted by BooperScoop View Post
    If they aren't, why are three of them distinctly different from actual figures?
    It could be 4 random images just to show variety. It could be just to get people talking about the line. It could be to see how much interest there is in Faker, a Man-at-Arms variant, Tri-Klops, and maybe Blue Vest Adam.

And it could be that I'm completely wrong and I'm just talking out of my arse.

I've been an adult collecter for nearly 30 years. Sometimes, clues add up to exactly what they look like. Other times, things come completely out of left field, leaving us all scratching our heads.
    Last edited by DC_WARLORD; July 18, 2020 at 03:09pm.
    Odd Man Out

Court Magician
    Tri-Klops. That is all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think voting for Tri-Klops would be a ridiculous choice. You KNOW Mattel is going to make him; Iíd rather e for something interesting that might not otherwise get made.

On the idea of characters we didnít get in Classics, Iím down, only because Iíd double dip and use parts to create MOTUC versions as well.
    MOTU Origins Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Anti-Eternia Characters, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy
    Hermione's Toy Box on Youtube (GIVEAWAY in Progress!): https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8C...xlwUttPSJAUZMA

I think voting for Tri-Klops would be a ridiculous choice. You KNOW Mattel is going to make him; I’d rather e for something interesting that might not otherwise get made.
    Agree 1000%

On the idea of characters we didn’t get in Classics, I’m down....
    Same here! Actually, I'm hoping that's what this is. I want to see characters like Garn, the other Garn, Prince Dakon, Tug-O-War, Kol Darr, Kothos, Filmation Count Marzo etc....
    Last edited by DC_WARLORD; July 18, 2020 at 03:29pm.
    Odd Man Out

Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    Maybe the graphic designer that created these art assets had outdated images or maybe used a Super7 figure for the He-Man? Mattel doesn’t exactly fire on all cylinders, and the right hand doesn’t always communicate with the left hand.

I’m not saying there’s no way you’re right or anything, I just expect a certain level of goofiness from any Mattel messaging.
    Whoever had to design this could not have had any relation with motu. So "letīs do a He-Man silhouette" and done.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DC_WARLORD View Post
    I want to see characters like Garn, the other Garn, Prince Dakon, Tug-O-War, Kol Darr, Kothos, Filmation Count Marzo etc....
    Would make total sense for Mattel to start a new line with niche characters that not even all hard core MOTU nerds ever heard of...

Heroic Warrior
    Nah, I believe the silhouettes are of the actual figures. I also believe that they'll all get made eventually, anyway. I suppose this is just to vote for who gets released first.