Thread: It Has Begun!

Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon

It Has Begun!

My wife and I finally moved from the apartment (prior to this the Army housed us since we both served) we'd lived in for fifteen years back in December into our very own house. For good or bad, the fact that we've been stuck at home for months did have the benefit of us actually being able to get everything unpacked for most of the house. However, the room we've come to call the Super Nerd Room has been a slow one to deal with. While my wife went crazy and started building shelves for me to display the toys on, I was torn between keeping them in box or finally taking them out.

Now the original G1 toys obviously had long since been missing their boxes, so they were easy to display along with some G1 reissues:

Well, since I never plan on selling the them, I decided to free them from their prisons LOL So as I slowly get them released, I will post said collections here. Hopefully, no one will mind and some of you might like seeing my collection
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor

Master of New Adventures!
    Imo you made the right decision. It looks freakin' amazing!!! Gorgeous display cases! Just out of curiosity, what is the single most valuable figure in your entire collection and how much would you estimate it is worth?

As one vet to another, thank you to both of you for your service. I'm glad I've lived long enough that people thank me for mine now.

Quote Originally Posted by Heeeere's Olesker! View Post
    Imo you made the right decision. It looks freakin' amazing!!! Gorgeous display cases! Just out of curiosity, what is the single most valuable figure in your entire collection and how much would you estimate it is worth?

As one vet to another, thank you to both of you for your service. I'm glad I've lived long enough that people thank me for mine now.
    Well, according to Shmax.com, which is where I keep track of everything I've gotten over the years, Predaking is worth the most, at a value of $163 MIB. Granted, I don't know how they base their calculations, but the site is comprehensive when it comes to toys.

My personal favorite and most valuable to me is when they released MP-1 Convoy. The first true representation that Hollywood should have had no problem giving the fans G1 accurate and beautifully detailed, live action versions of the Transformers on screen. Of course, we all know how that went So to me, he's priceless. But I bought him while Ruth and I were stationed in Japan for 9800 Yen, and he's worth about the same.

And I thank you for your service as well, brother. It's awesome to see fellow servicemembers in places like the .Org.

So many familiar faces from my childhood. My congratulations on keeping your G1 collection looking so good.
    I am Imp's number one fan.

Btw, it's interesting to me that you put so much thought into the color schemes -- something many people wouldn't notice and something we tend to do for ourselves. I like how you grouped many figs in the background in the same colors and, in the second to the bottom grouping in last pic, you have all the small figs in the foreground in different colors. It's how I would do it, but then I'm a borderline lunatic about order and such things. When Kim and I were first dating she came to my home, opened up the kitchen cabinets and, upon looking inside, asked if all the coffee cup handles had to be facing in the same direction. I answered, "No...but it pleases me."

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Prime View Post
    Well, according to Shmax.com, which is where I keep track of everything I've gotten over the years, Predaking is worth the most, at a value of $163 MIB. Granted, I don't know how they base their calculations, but the site is comprehensive when it comes to toys.

My personal favorite and most valuable to me is when they released MP-1 Convoy. The first true representation that Hollywood should have had no problem giving the fans G1 accurate and beautifully detailed, live action versions of the Transformers on screen. Of course, we all know how that went So to me, he's priceless. But I bought him while Ruth and I were stationed in Japan for 9800 Yen, and he's worth about the same.

And I thank you for your service as well, brother. It's awesome to see fellow servicemembers in places like the .Org.

Btw, it's interesting to me that you put so much thought into the color schemes -- something many people wouldn't notice and something we tend to do for ourselves. I like how you grouped many figs in the background in the same colors and, in the second to the bottom grouping in last pic, you have all the small figs in the foreground in different colors. It's how I would do it, but then I'm a borderline lunatic about order and such things. When Kim and I were first dating she came to my home, opened up the kitchen cabinets and, upon looking inside, asked if all the coffee cup handles had to be facing in the same direction. I answered, "No...but it pleases me."
    Former military personnel and not obsessed with order? Doesn't happen, especially when I was Personnel Admin, and later reclassed into the Judge Advocate. LOL My bookshelves are alphabetical by author's last name, my movie collection and CD collections are in alphabetical order as well.

BEAST WARS TOYLINE Loved how it was a direct continuation of G1

ROBOTS IN DISGUISE TOYLINE Never actually watched the show tho, wasn't impressed. But the toys were decent.

You make me smile.

USAF Parajumper Search-and-Rescue Combat Medic myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Prime View Post
    Former military personnel and not obsessed with order? Doesn't happen, especially when I was Personnel Admin, and later reclassed into the Judge Advocate. LOL My bookshelves are alphabetical by author's last name, my movie collection and CD collections are in alphabetical order as well.

BEAST WARS TOYLINE Loved how it was a direct continuation of G1

https://scontent-ort2-2.xx.fbcdn.net...37&oe=5F4622A1
    https://scontent-ort2-2.xx.fbcdn.net...62&oe=5F473AD8

ROBOTS IN DISGUISE TOYLINE Never actually watched the show tho, wasn't impressed. But the toys were decent.

https://scontent-ort2-2.xx.fbcdn.net...b6&oe=5F46E11A
    https://scontent-ort2-2.xx.fbcdn.net...be&oe=5F496AC4

More pictures:

Binaltech I got in Japan

Fall of Cybertron line:

2006-07 Classics line:

2008 Universe line:

2010-11 Generations line:

Do you occasionally use your collection to mount titanic battles or are they exclusively for show?

Do you occasionally use your collection to mount titanic battles or are they exclusively for show?
    By the Matrix, man! Let me get them all out of their packaging before asking to see battles of that magnitude! LOL

2013-14 Thrilling 30 line

Last edited by Optimus Prime; August 9, 2020 at 10:30am.