Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Super7 Disney Ultimates

+2 Against Harpies Sword2Blanket's Avatar

Super7 Disney Ultimates

Ok guys, I'm going to need you all to buy a bunch of overpriced Disney figures so I can get the Robin Hood collection I've wanted my whole life.

https://news.toyark.com/2020/08/05/s...timates-397719

Saw these.....they all look amazing

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

not sure I want the mickey or not.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

These look good but too pricey
    I used to collect the disney afternoon by funko and they are cool also the disney toy box for Aladdin it was well made too! Now these, I think they are great for the collector market and I'm really curious to know what's the next wave of characters before deciding to invest or not
    "The Most Powerful Man in the Universe..."
    "Where Hope seems Lost..."
    "Good Journey!"
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "A Hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."
    "A Hero will Rise..."
    "The Power of Grayskull Awakens......"
    "Let the Power Returns....!"

I'm in.

I need Prince John.

Robin Hood, Sword in the Stone, and Winnie The Pooh are my three favorite Disney movies.

Please let a Sheriff of Nottingham be in the pipeline.

Heroic Warrior
    I'm in for that Mickey!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

I saw this yesterday. Sounds really interesting but with the millions of Disney characters out there and S7's track record of preorder to actual product, it will take 20 years for someone to just get, for example, the main cast of Robin Hood or The Lion King.

I would rather they have made a line based on specific films. One Disney general line that includes the standard version of the "heavy hitters" like Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy...you get the point. Then do a specific "Robin Hood" line..."Sword in the Stone" line...."GARGOYLES" line ()!!! You'll never get a complete line up of any film with this model IMO.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    Sounds really interesting but with the millions of Disney characters out there and S7's track record of preorder to actual product, it will take 20 years for someone to just get, for example, the main cast of Robin Hood or The Lion King.
    In Bryan Flynn's voice:

"Hey, calm down. You're getting COOL figures. I mean, these are Disney figures. Let us get through this batch of Thudercats and, after all, we got a big mountain, Snake Mountain, coming down the pipeline. Let us get through this, and THEN we'll worry about these Disney figures. They are coming. Relax."

Brian did say they are in scale with the other Ultimates, so Iím down for Mickey and Pinocchio for sure! I will likely pass on PJ.

This could be a really fun line to cherry-pick. Off the top of my head, Iím already jonesing for Donald Duck, Goofy, Merlin, Robin Hood, Stitch, some dwarves, Bambi, Thumper, Flower, Long John Silver, Kida, Rapunzel, Honest John...
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

I'm all in on this wave!

Robin Hood is one of my favorite Disney films, so it's awesome to see Prince John with Sir Hiss!

I NEED The Big Bad Wolf and The Three Little Pigs, so I'm really hoping for them!

Others I'd really like to see:

Robin Hood, Little John, The Sheriff of Nottingham, Maid Marian
    Merlin with Archimedes, Arthur, Madame Mim
    Lambert The Sheepish Lion
    Peter Pan, Captain Hook
    Snow White, The Seven Dwarves, The Evil Queen/Witch

And so many more!!
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

Oh, god... what I wouldn't give to have a complete set of The Black Cauldron Ultimates figures.

In all the years I've been alive on this planet, I never thought I'd see the day... and, I probably still won't - but, this is Brian Flynn we're talking about, so anything is possible...

Of course, Disney does not own this particular property (one of the few instances this occurred), so I might be wishing on a star that's a little too distant...
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Looking forward to the Netflix Era<<

Liberty, justice, peace. The All American's Avatar
    I'm not a big Disney fan but these look amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by dedset13 View Post
    Merlin with Archimedes, Arthur, Madame Mim
    If I get a Merlin and Archimedes, I might expire from sheer joy.

Madam Mim is one of my top wants too.

I really want Tick Tock the croc too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Oh, god... what I wouldn't give to have a complete set of The Black Cauldron Ultimates figures.
    I'll take a Horned King please.

"GARGOYLES" line ()!!!
    HUSH YOU!!! If Super 7 hears you, they'll make it and I'll be forced to go all in with another line!

Ugh...Ultimate Goliath, Demona, Coldstone... now I want them...

I wonder if they would do like some Gummi Bear 2 packs since they would be so small...

Cubbi/Zummi
    Gruffi/Sunni
    Grammi/Toadi

Heroic Warrior
    This is a fun looking line.

Iím impressed Super7 was able to get the license.

So......do you think if Super 7 had never stepped in to continue the MOTUC line, once Mattel dropped it, that we would be seeing all these ultamates figures from all these other properties, like Conan, Turtles, Toxic Avenger, Voltron, Thundercats, and now Disney

Heroic Warrior
    These look like a lot of fun, but a bit on the pricey end. Not sure this is really warranted, but what can we do.

I would however have appreciated if they had shown some in-hand shots of the prototype figures so we could get a better sense of what the final product will actually look like. The stuff they've shown almost feels like concept renders (I know there are not, but still..).

Quote Originally Posted by manowar View Post
    So......do you think if Super 7 had never stepped in to continue the MOTUC line, once Mattel dropped it, that we would be seeing all these ultamates figures from all these other properties, like Conan, Turtles, Toxic Avenger, Voltron, Thundercats, and now Disney

Well, Super7 continuing MOTUC as Mattel loses any interest on it is a win for the fans who are able to acquire and add a few more characters to their MOTUC collection while Super7 is able to continue via the Ultimates line when MOTUC was again an issue with Mattel.

Personally I'm happy with the sizable Filmation MOTUC I got (always wanted this MOTU variant) and now Thundercats. The other lines via Ultimate are also being enjoyed by others so i guess many fans and Super7 indeed benefited on it.

Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

+2 Against Harpies Sword2Blanket's Avatar
    I saw this yesterday. Sounds really interesting but with the millions of Disney characters out there and S7's track record of preorder to actual product, it will take 20 years for someone to just get, for example, the main cast of Robin Hood or The Lion King.

I would rather they have made a line based on specific films. One Disney general line that includes the standard version of the "heavy hitters" like Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy...you get the point. Then do a specific "Robin Hood" line..."Sword in the Stone" line...."GARGOYLES" line ()!!! You'll never get a complete line up of any film with this model IMO.
    Quit ruining my dreams, Bonehead!

You're definitely right, though. This line will almost certainly end in heartbreak for a lot of people. But hey, it's all I've got. I've waited almost 40 years for Robin Hood figures, I can wait another 20 if need be.

I'm thrilled about these, especially the Robin Hood figures.

I would love to get Roger Rabbit characters into this line. Those are technically Disney, right?

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I'm in love with these already, they are a dream come true. I always wanted action figures of classic Disney cartoons growing up. I love all 3 but Prince John is one of my favourite villains, so he wins this time.

I personally hope Super 7 concentrates on the older vintage cartoons with this line, I think there is enough figures and merchandise out there for Toy Story, Lilo and Stitch, Aladdin and Lion king and Pixar stuff.

I would love the following:-

Horned King from Black Cauldron
    Robin Hood & Lilttle John
    The Evil Queen from Snow White
    The Hag from Snow White
    Merlin from Sword in the Stone
    Madame Mimm from SOTS
    Maleficent
    Ursula
    Cruella De Ville
    Bagheera
    Gummi Bears
    Peter Pan
    Pete & Horrace from Mickey & Friends
    MOTU Origins Wishlist: Oo-Larr, Rattlor, Hawke, Slamurai, Lodar, Snake Face, Geldor, Plasmar, Lord Gr'Asp, Strobo, Extendar, Jitsu, Tung Lashor

Quote Originally Posted by Stinkor View Post
    Iím impressed Super7 was able to get the license.
    They seem to be doing very well in general lately, which is great. There are so many smaller businesses going under because of the pandemic... it's heartening to see some of these creative companies thriving like this right now.

Went ahead and pre-ordered Mickey. They all do look great, just it's easier to keep purchases undercontrol if I cherry pick from the get go.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it