Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Super7 Disney Ultimates

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    I have a problem with the price, also the fact that these look like cg renderings of the figures.

Also wondering if super7 is taking on too much.
    I just posted in another thread how upset I get when I think about the Funko Disney Afternoon figures... those ran $10 - $15 a piece and are great figures.

Now, Super 7 wants to charge us almost $60.00 for a Robin Hood figure??? One that could have easily fit into the Funko line if they expanded to the Disney movies?
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Looking forward to the Netflix Era<<

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    I just posted in another thread how upset I get when I think about the Funko Disney Afternoon figures... those ran $10 - $15 a piece and are great figures.

Now, Super 7 wants to charge us almost $60.00 for a Robin Hood figure??? One that could have easily fit into the Funko line if they expanded to the Disney movies?
    Diamond Select were able to offer beautiful sculpted and better articulated Disney action figures for around $20.

Heroic Warrior
    Yup, my support for their Ultimates line(s) is starting to fade, I have to say. It just doesn't compute how these cost close to 70 in Europe, after their recent price hike. That's honestly ludicrous for what these are, even if you factor in the accessories.

I loved those but they sold rather poorly. I saw them on clearance everywhere. It's a shame cause it seemed that they could have been great.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    I loved those but they sold rather poorly. I saw them on clearance everywhere. It's a shame cause it seemed that they could have been great.
    It makes me wonder how long a $55-per-figure Disney line will last.

Have a feeling it was the scale they went with, I never saw them weren't they released around the time when covid was first hitting? That feels like it was five years ago at this point.

I would be curious how well lines like REaction and similar ones are doing in comparison to the various 6 inch/ 1/12 scale. Obviously well enough to stay afloat.

But also look at how much FiGpin (and the other brand) costs per 'figure.'
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Good God, how many outstanding Pre-Orders does this now bring us to for their "Ultimates" line? Between the product flubs and delays this is beyond embarrassing, yet they just keep pumping these "Pre-Orders" out.

There's no doubt that all this chaos is effecting the success/positivity that they "could" be having if things were just done in a more orderly manner. It's crazy to think how this just NEVER seems to end.

It makes you appreciate Scott & company a bit more when compared to this.

Quote Originally Posted by Riddle of Steel View Post
    Good God, how many outstanding Pre-Orders does this now bring us to for their "Ultimates" line? Between the product flubs and delays this is beyond embarrassing, yet they just keep pumping these "Pre-Orders" out.

There's no doubt that all this chaos is effecting the success/positivity that they "could" be having if things were just done in a more orderly manner. It's crazy to think how this just NEVER seems to end.

It makes you appreciate Scott & company a bit more when compared to this.
    This is Quoted For Truth.

I remember people lambasting Scott and Mattel when they wouldn't reveal every figure in the Club Eternia subscriptions...

I guess my question is, what if there aren't a lot of preorders for some of these lines?

They are on a made-to-order system, but would it be lucrative to put only a small number of figures into production? Shouldn't Super 7 focus on the figures that they haven't released yet - before creating samples for even more figures?

Heroic Warrior
    Well they did say, some months ago, that delays with Tcats was due to the low production volume and factories prioritizing larger runs. Which is fair enough, I suppose. Now add to that unforseen problems during pre-production (figure prototype not coming out as expected), and you lose your production time slot and have to wait for who knows how long until they can fit you in again with your 1000 figures. This might also explain why Turtles are progressing more smoothly so far - pretty sure that lines is vastly more successful than, say, Tcats.

But I am pretty sure S7 being in over their heads with too many on-going pre-orders plays its part in this as well.

I guess my question is, what if there aren't a lot of preorders for some of these lines?
    Part of what's killing them though with this stuff numbers wise isn't even price, quality or botches. It's just people losing interest from being tired of waiting for stuff and a lack to commit to something when they haven't even seen the first rendition. Then you get pitched something else. It certainly seems like things could be improved, but never seem to.

The Action Figure industry is super competitive these days so it's not like there's a lack of product out there. People will be quick to buy and look elsewhere if you can't deliver.

Look at this line for instance. How long has it been since Wave 1 was announced? From what I've heard/seen I don't even think that Wave 1 has gone into production yet and here's wave two. Wave 1 seems like a life time ago.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lasastard View Post
    Well they did say, some months ago, that delays with Tcats was due to the low production volume and factories prioritizing larger runs. Which is fair enough, I suppose. Now add to that unforseen problems during pre-production (figure prototype not coming out as expected), and you lose your production time slot and have to wait for who knows how long until they can fit you in again with your 1000 figures. This might also explain why Turtles are progressing more smoothly so far - pretty sure that lines is vastly more successful than, say, Tcats.
    I don't think this is true as this is the first time that I'm hearing this. The excuse has always been that the reason TC was thrown off course was because Wave 2 was at the "Mattel" factory and Turtles along with everything else was at "Their" factory.

What happened at the Mattel factory to do such a thing is anyone's guess. If Wave 2 TC was made at their factory, by all accounts we wouldn't be in this boat so it's not so much a numbers issue, but more so where it was being made. For all we know Turtles may have been delayed as well if they were slated for the Mattel factory. That's the version that seems to be going around as far as I know.

I totally agree. I really wish Super7 would have continued in that scale and released 2 or 3 more waves. It's hard to get excited when you aren't sure you'll see your favourite casts or teams completed (Monterey Jack anyone?)

If they'd made more Darkwing Duck and Duck Tales characters - Morgana, Magicka, Flintheart, Quackerjack - that had never been made in plastic before I am sure the buzz would have been huge.

Funko bailed too early. And now Super7 is inflating the scale and the price...if they even get to Disney Afternoon characters...

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    I totally agree. I really wish Super7 would have continued in that scale and released 2 or 3 more waves. It's hard to get excited when you aren't sure you'll see your favourite casts or teams completed (Monterey Jack anyone?)

If they'd made more Darkwing Duck and Duck Tales characters - Morgana, Magicka, Flintheart, Quackerjack - that had never been made in plastic before I am sure the buzz would have been huge.

Funko bailed too early. And now Super7 is inflating the scale and the price...if they even get to Disney Afternoon characters...
    Agree with all of this. Supposedly there was plans for vehicle sets for Talespin and even a few playsets and multi-figure packs. What a shame we never got any of these.

There is a rumor that the line was discontinued cause Disney was planning on doing a similar line for the Disney Parks but I have yet to see any figures like that be released to the parks.

I hear that Super 7 is working on a DuckTales Money Bin playset set to release in late 2026...

Projected prices are between $900 and $1,500 - but, it will include an in-scale #1 Dime plastic replica!

I hear that Super 7 is working on a DuckTales Money Bin playset set to release in late 2026...

Projected prices are between $900 and $1,500 - but, it will include an in-scale #1 Dime plastic replica!
    Rumour has it there is a real Money Bin at the Super 7 office filled with the interest money from all their pre-orders.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    Rumour has it there is a real Money Bin at the Super 7 office filled with the interest money from all their pre-orders.
    They certainly seem to be swimming around in money... snapping up all kinds of new licenses and offering up $450 vehicles for a line that hasn't even seen a single figure released yet.

It's absurd the amount of trust that these license holders have in a company that still has not proven itself... they have yet to deliver a 6" figure on time and to the quality they promise. William Stout and TMNT Ultimates came close, but they have a long way to go before Super 7 can be considered competitive...