Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MOTU Origins Panthor Official Thread

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by Dust Viper View Post
    The flocked one is much much better, don't care about price, it will be mine.
    And that, my friends, is how they justify the price.

Quote Originally Posted by Jedecon View Post
    I can see scalpers drooling right now. Mark ups over $100
    "There's no back door to heaven just a front door to hell" - DIO RIP

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedecon View Post
    Well, 20 bucks difference is just a couple fast food meals. eBay prices is a different deal, granted. I haven't bought any new toys off of eBay and don't plan on it.

Found a lone Panthor at Target yesterday. I dont know if they had other figures from the line earlier in the day - there weren't even any shelf tags. I suspect this Panthor was left behind due to the careless employee going too deep with the box cutter on the side. I live in a heavily scalped toy area and the only time I find things, they have damage. Personally I want the flocked Walmart version of Panthor. Any sightings or a website link for that version yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Hazelton View Post
    Found a lone Panthor at Target yesterday. I dont know if they had other figures from the line earlier in the day - there weren't even any shelf tags. I suspect this Panthor was left behind due to the careless employee going too deep with the box cutter on the side. I live in a heavily scalped toy area and the only time I find things, they have damage. Personally I want the flocked Walmart version of Panthor. Any sightings or a website link for that version yet?
    Can you please provide the DPCI?
    My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 2/16/2021

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty.81 View Post
    Can you please provide the DPCI?
    Sorry Smitty, I didn't buy him so I dont know the number, plus he was placed in the barren Star Wars section, with no shelf tag. I looked and didnt see another section with MOTU tags either.

No Red Beast, We Riot! Whiplash7's Avatar
    I got mine today. TRU has nothing for sale on their site except Panthor, Battle Cat and the Sky Sled. Don't know if they have any other figures in waiting to be sold in the store, as we are on lockdown.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Some pics of the box. Love that new centaur character. Looks like he's a good guy:

https://nathankroll.com/masters-of-t...-carousel-2730

Yep, I absolutely LOVE the art on top of the box, with Charger and the Spirit of the Castle!!
    This is my motu.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    Yep, I absolutely LOVE the art on top of the box, with Charger and the Spirit of the Castle!!
    This is my motu.
    That art is my MOTU too.

Though the Classics figures' designs are more my MOTU than Origins figures' designs.

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    That art is my MOTU too.

Though the Classics figures' designs are more my MOTU than Origins figures' designs.
    Agreed, I was merely talking about the artwork however. As figures though, both Panthor and Battle Cat are beautiful. If they had articulated ankles, I would call them the best ever made...but they don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    Agreed, I was merely talking about the artwork however. As figures though, both Panthor and Battle Cat are beautiful. If they had articulated ankles, I would call them the best ever made...but they don't.
    Not having at least front ankle joints makes the rest of the articulation useless. It is even worse than not giving a bipedal figure ankles, because of the angle of what the knee joints need to be at. This makes it not even a better toy than than vintage. These things can't even get into the CLASSIC vintage Battle Cat/Big Jim Tiger pose. VERY strange design/engineering decision. Should have gotten rid of ANY other joint and kept ankle articulation if it was a cost issue.

Quote Originally Posted by darkmoon766 View Post
    Not having at least front ankle joints makes the rest of the articulation useless. It is even worse than not giving a bipedal figure ankles, because of the angle of what the knee joints need to be at. This makes it not even a better toy than than vintage. These things can't even get into the CLASSIC vintage Battle Cat/Big Jim Tiger pose. VERY strange design/engineering decision. Should have gotten rid of ANY other joint and kept ankle articulation if it was a cost issue.
    Exactly, all that articulation being rendered useless makes me wonder how the design team EVER allowed this, lol.
    The head articulation is glorious, however. Better than MOTUC.

Has anyone found the Flocked version of Panthor at Walmart yet? Does anyone know what the website link will be on Walmart.com?

Quote Originally Posted by Hazelton View Post
    Has anyone found the Flocked version of Panthor at Walmart yet? Does anyone know what the website link will be on Walmart.com?
    THIS! *Eagerly rubs palms...

Quote Originally Posted by Ka Rot-Top View Post
    THIS! *Eagerly rubs palms...
    Doesn't Trap Jaw only have one palm, lol I couldn't help myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Robi2184 View Post
    Doesn't Trap Jaw only have one palm, lol I couldn't help myself.
    Haha! You're right! I should have said: * Eagerly rubs palm and claw attachment!

Those little dinosaur creatures are cool. I'm going to try to find something like those for my display, there's gotta be something out there. Probably in those tubes of a bunch of rubber ones at party city.

Quote Originally Posted by RiptideOleary View Post
    Those little dinosaur creatures are cool. I'm going to try to find something like those for my display, there's gotta be something out there. Probably in those tubes of a bunch of rubber ones at party city.
    The Imaginext compies from Jurassic World are similar; I think He-Bro has a few in his MOTU displays.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

awesome! thank you!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    The Imaginext compies from Jurassic World are similar; I think He-Bro has a few in his MOTU displays.
    Thank you, UKI! Ordered the imaginext hatchlings gift set! should work great in my display!

If anyone is curious about the flocked box "feel", if you have a music store near you, ask if they have the Evans Calftone drum heads. They're synthetic drumskins with a coating that mimics the sound and feel of vintage calfskin, and it's a *very" similar coating to what Mattel will be spraying on these packages.
    Most wanted Origins figures: Mighty Spector, Fisto's Cousin's Babysitter, and Mer-Man's Seventh Grade Crush.

Can anyone share the link for the Walmart Exclusive Origins Flocked Panthor? I hear people saying they see him sell out online, but I have not found a link.

Quote Originally Posted by RiptideOleary View Post
    awesome! thank you!

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you, UKI! Ordered the imaginext hatchlings gift set! should work great in my display!
    Youíre welcome!
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Ka Rot-Top View Post
    Can anyone share the link for the Walmart Exclusive Origins Flocked Panthor? I hear people saying they see him sell out online, but I have not found a link.
    (In case you never got an answer)The only one out right now is the Mega Construx Flocked Panthor and Skeletor set. I havenít seen a link yet for the origins Walmart exclusive.

For All:
    I donít know about here in the States yet but, a few places in The EU have the Origins Flocked Panthor for preorder (along with the Rise of Evil 2-Pack) for those looking there. More importantly, there show a release date of end of August/September.

Hereís forbidden planetís info:
    https://forbiddenplanet.co.uk/master...lusive-2-pack/

Blacksbricks flocked panthor:
    https://www.blacksbricks.de/en/Figur...-17-cm.htmlHas

- - - Updated - - -

Possible UPC for Flocked Panthor: 0887961989717

New pictures of the flocked Panthor: https://www.facebook.com/16619580006...3367031352617/
    News editor on PlanetEternia.de, the No. 1 German Masters of the Universe website
    Part of "Das HE-MANische Quartett", the No. 1 German Masters of the Universe podcast