Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: MOTU Origins Panthor Official Thread

Quote Originally Posted by darkmoon766 View Post
    Where did you find him? Does he have his own price tag spot or was he on the overhead shelves or in the Collectibles section in electronics?
    He was the only one up on the overstock shelf of the normal toy aisle, right above the glut of He-Man/Skelly. No tags were set. Seems like the same thing is happening right now with CG (I got mine directly off a stocking cart, but I’ve seen others also finding them up above the aisle). Walmart is getting new product ahead of the upcoming mod, and they are either keeping it all in back or putting it out on the top shelf until the reset starts.
    Last edited by Man-Man; April 12, 2021 at 05:38pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Man-Man View Post
    He was the only one up on the overstock shelf of the normal toy aisle, right above the glut of He-Man/Skelly. No tags were set. Seems like the same thing is happening right now with CG (I got mine directly off a stocking cart, but Iíve seen others also finding them up above the aisle). Walmart is getting new product ahead of the upcoming mod, and they are either keeping it all in back or putting it out on the top shelf until the reset starts.
    Thanks. Need all the help I can get to not waste time looking for him when I get there.

I grabbed one from my local WM on the way home from work yesterday. There were two, and I thought about grabbing the other for trades or something, but opted to leave it for someone else to discover on the shelf.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

Heroic Warrior
    found 6 flocked panthors yesterday at Walmart in Allentown. was shocked I found them but will say the price tag of $40 on this is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by classic View Post
    found 6 flocked panthors yesterday at Walmart in Allentown. was shocked I found them but will say the price tag of $40 on this is ridiculous.
    I suspect this may be what ultimately makes these findable as these truly will be relegated to collectors (and resellers) only. For me, this is the first item in the Origins retail line that I will be fine to do without, if necessary. Don't get me wrong - if I find one in a Wal-Mart I will buy - but I won't bother paying any markup from a re-seller. Also, a a buyer of twos (one to open, one to keep packaged), this would be the first I am only interested in scoring a single specimen to keep boxed (what good can come of opening except to ruin the flocking?) I am perfectly happy with the plastic-finish Panthor at $25. That said, I know this has high nostalgia value for some so can see the appeal. I have no idea what manufacturing costs per item the flocking process adds but highly doubt it is even 10% of the $15 markup.

Heroic Warrior Grayskull Guardsman's Avatar
    I am hoping to find one or two in store... I want one to open and pet, and maybe one to keep in package... but at $40 idk about two.

Great customer service at Walmart? Say whaa?

I scored a Castle Grayskull and the Walmart Exclusive Flocked Panthor the other day! And I feel like with all the trash I've talked about Walmart in the past, mainly Walmart.com, that I must say something about the customer service at this particular Walmart in the Dallas, Texas area. I picked both of these up on separate days and each time I had to ask an employee if they could please check in the back to see if they have them (Brickseek showed limited quantities, but I didn't tell them this). Both times, the employee took the time and went to the back and retrieved the coveted gems. And this is not a first or an anomaly at this location. Literally EVERY SINGLE EMPLOYEE that I have ever encountered working in this particular toy department has always been extremely friendly and has taken the time to look for things not on the shelf. I know, it's weird. I feel strange just saying positive things about Walmart. But, I'm definitely not complaining! I just wish everyone, everywhere could experience such superb customer service and just all around nice people. I also wish Walmart.com could get its act together, 'cause they're still crap! Anyway, happy hunting!

origins grayskull box.jpgflocked panthor.jpg

Heroic Warrior
    Found flocked panthor this morning but no Castle Grayskull. Glad to have it off the list.

I was not on top of this thread like I should have been. I just noticed it this week. So has flocked Panthor been found in abundance? I went to Walmart today and asked the toy manager, who happened to be working in the aisle, about it. She said, they only got TWO in a LONG time ago. She said there are dates in the system for more to come but she says they constantly change. So is Brick Seek or Popfindr working to find these? How are people finding these?

Found 3 flocked Panthors tonight. Bought one and left the others.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by MGurlea View Post
    I was not on top of this thread like I should have been. I just noticed it this week. So has flocked Panthor been found in abundance? I went to Walmart today and asked the toy manager, who happened to be working in the aisle, about it. She said, they only got TWO in a LONG time ago. She said there are dates in the system for more to come but she says they constantly change. So is Brick Seek or Popfindr working to find these? How are people finding these?
    Regular Panthor has been out (thatís probably what the manager was referring to). Flocked Panthor(UPC: 887961979831) has been showing up from the South through the Midwest. Iím in California and as far as I know, none are here yet. I use Brickseek since it was working with the Midwest storesí arrival. Popfinder Hasnít been working for Walmart for a while.

Has anyone seen any flocked Panthors in the western US yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Also Raines View Post
    Found 3 flocked Panthors tonight. Bought one and left the others.
    Where in Florida are you?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Glasstor View Post
    Regular Panthor has been out (thatís probably what the manager was referring to). Flocked Panthor(UPC: 887961979831) has been showing up from the South through the Midwest. Iím in California and as far as I know, none are here yet. I use Brickseek since it was working with the Midwest storesí arrival. Popfinder Hasnít been working for Walmart for a while.

Has anyone seen any flocked Panthors in the western US yet?
    Thanks for the update. So it sounds like I haven't missed anything and they are hitting now. That is exactly what I thought too when she said she got them in a long time ago. I was thinking she probably thinks of the regular release one. What is weird though is yesterday Brick Seek said, "No Results" in my area when I searched. This morning I searched again and every store now says, "Limited Stock." So I ran out to a store this morning and got nothing. What adds to the frustration of trying to track down limited supply exclusives is even when you think you found them you have to then deal with terrible store employees. It is just hurdle after hurdle you have to get through. The store this morning had a lot of MOTU on the shelves. I think they had 11 Battle Cats but of course no Panthor. So I asked one clerk there stocking shelves. It was as soon as they opened and I appeared to be the only customer on this entire side of the store. I was nice and respectful, Excuse me. Would you be able to check and see if something is in stock? Right off the bat I get bad attitude. Like I am bothering the guy, annoying him, and putting him out. What I then really did not get is, he then shoved the Walmart handheld in his pocket and took out his personal cell phone and just went on Walmart dot com to try and look up Panthor. Of course then he couldn't pull it up. Finally, he pulls up Man-E-Faces and goes, "Is this it?" I tell him no and that it looks like this and show him the picture of Panthor in the package. He says, "Well we don't have it. Sorry." And then walks off. Like geeze, sorry to put you out man I thought. This has happened to me before only at Walmart where the clerks don't use the handheld to look stuff up but rather their personal cell phone and just the web site. I think I have only had one clerk one time use the handheld. Do Walmart employees not know you can look stuff up in the handhelds? It was just too early in the morning to deal with incompetence. I should not know more and how to do the job than an employee. I so miss the days of helpful, nice, knowledgeable employees. I would like to be able to just walk into a store and be able to use their handhelds and then be able to walk in the back myself and get it. I literally feel like I have to walk in, be like hey drop the attitude because part of your job is to help and locate items for customers, tell them to now take out their handhelds, punch in this number here, and then tell me what it says. I should not have be put in that situation of trying to figure out the nicest way of telling someone how to do their job because they can't be bothered to do so. Sorry rant over. I am just annoyed because it is a waste of time, money, and effort only to be stonewalled by a bad employee.

I am still really wondering how accurate Brick Seek is? I wonder if this limited stock is for real or not. Wondering if I should go back out?

This morning I searched again and every store now says, "Limited Stock."
    Same story in Dayton, Ohio for the last week. I had a slightly more helpful clerk (maybe) who did consult a handheld device and told me they did show "in stock" but that a) it could still be in transit expecting to be received; b) could be on a truck behind the building and it could be up to a week before it is on the shelf; or c) it could have been put out and stolen in which case it may show that way for a long, long time. Clerk then went on to rant about who the WWE/Masters figures are stolen as soon as they put them out and that this stuff was a pain, etc. I am skeptical that they cannot show confirmed inventory/location/status if they really want to but maybe items like this aren't tracked that closely?

Moral of the story for me - Brickseek is of limited value on this one, especially with that result. I keep looking anyway. Figure I'll have more of a chance finding this than Keldor/Kronis at Target (and I don't even really want Flocked Panthor but am doubly searching for Grayskull when I go - Wal-Mart has yet to cancel my pre-order but I am not optimistic).

Quote Originally Posted by Gog View Post
    Same story in Dayton, Ohio for the last week. I had a slightly more helpful clerk (maybe) who did consult a handheld device and told me they did show "in stock" but that a) it could still be in transit expecting to be received; b) could be on a truck behind the building and it could be up to a week before it is on the shelf; or c) it could have been put out and stolen in which case it may show that way for a long, long time. Clerk then went on to rant about who the WWE/Masters figures are stolen as soon as they put them out and that this stuff was a pain, etc. I am skeptical that they cannot show confirmed inventory/location/status if they really want to but maybe items like this aren't tracked that closely?

Moral of the story for me - Brickseek is of limited value on this one, especially with that result. I keep looking anyway. Figure I'll have more of a chance finding this than Keldor/Kronis at Target (and I don't even really want Flocked Panthor but am doubly searching for Grayskull when I go - Wal-Mart has yet to cancel my pre-order but I am not optimistic).
    I have had Walmart employees in the past be able to tell where something is in the back. So I am not really buying what that guy told you. I am betting he just can't be bothered to do part of his job and go into the back and get it. A week to get inventory out of the back? My understanding is that Walmarts don't really have that much stock in the back and put out most of what they have on the floor or the shelves above. I know for a fact that Targets can tell exactly where items are even in the back and can get them in like a few minutes. They also completely unload trucks and put stuff out the day it comes in. It does not take a week. Don't trucks come everyday to these stores? If every thing took a week to sort through they would have a pile up in the back. I mean you feel like telling the dude, come on man do your job and go in the back and get it. Make a sale. But you gotta be nice and more professional than they are though.

I just checked Brick Seek again and now nothing loads for Walmart searches. It works fine for Target though. And when I first logged on it said they are aware of a problem with Walmart and are working on it. Geeze. Heck of a time to crap out now on us.

[QUOTE=MGurlea;3923346]Where in Florida are you?

- - - Updated - - -

Near Jacksonville

Heroic Warrior
    I should not have be put in that situation of trying to figure out the nicest way of telling someone how to do their job because they can't be bothered to do so. Sorry rant over. I am just annoyed because it is a waste of time, money, and effort only to be stonewalled by a bad employee.

I am still really wondering how accurate Brick Seek is? I wonder if this limited stock is for real or not. Wondering if I should go back out?
    I know that I definitely know more about inventory, stock supply, how to do the job of someone who works at Walmart. Lol. It’s infuriating when the employees can’t be bothered To do 1 little thing. It happened last night and I got a little short with the jerk. I regret it and I don’t.

Brickseek is good and bad sometimes. It often tells me nothing in area and when I reload using “distance”, the stores show up again. I’m convinced the frequent glitches are generally on Walmarts side. As far as accuracy, with my walmarts, I know when the store count is off- I check and compare BS Stock to my sores actual Stock to know when something arrives. It’s obviously easier when the count is under 6 items. A couple years ago, Target and Walmart changed the way they reported inventories to outside partners so, now with Target it’s either In Stock or Not. With Walmart it registers 1-3, 4-5 and 6+

Oh yeah...”Limited Stock” generally means 1 but, in reality it means “maybe”

Now I ramble. I spend a lot of time with brickseek lol
    Last edited by Glasstor; April 23, 2021 at 08:07pm.

I know that I definitely know more about inventory, stock supply, how to do the job of someone who works at Walmart. Lol. Itís infuriating when the employees canít be bothered To do 1 little thing. It happened last night and I got a little short with the jerk. I regret it and I donít.
    Working at Walmart can't be an easy job. I wonder if some Walmart employees would like to be more helpful but have their managers breathing down their necks. If I worked there I'd do my best to hide in the back, away from customers.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Stinkor View Post
    Working at Walmart can't be an easy job. I wonder if some Walmart employees would like to be more helpful but have their managers breathing down their necks. If I worked there I'd do my best to hide in the back, away from customers.
    I’m sure it’s a thankless Job and the pay is equally repugnant. I get it. The job sucks and doing as little as possible is sometimes a way to feel you’ve gotten your soul back. I mostly encounter very helpful employees (when I encounter them). When I meet foul attitudes, I usually ignore it but, last night was over the top. I also get that they have to deal with angry people all day and that can grate on you. I don’t know.

I just don’t get where people’s work ethic has gone. I’ve had really crappy jobs in my life but I still treated customers or the public with dignity and was always helpful.

I’m feeling really old right now

I hope I can find flocked Panthor soon and ride off into a velvety, Eternian sunset

Iím sure itís a thankless Job and the pay is equally repugnant. I get it. The job sucks and doing as little as possible is sometimes a way to feel youíve gotten your soul back. I mostly encounter very helpful employees (when I encounter them). When I meet foul attitudes, I usually ignore it but, last night was over the top. I also get that they have to deal with angry people all day and that can grate on you. I donít know.

I just donít get where peopleís work ethic has gone. Iíve had really crappy jobs in my life but I still treated customers or the public with dignity and was always helpful.

Iím feeling really old right now

I hope I can find flocked Panthor soon and ride off into a velvety, Eternian sunset
    I understand what you're saying. Good luck with the Panthor. I hope you track him down quickly. If there is one thing worse than having to go to Walmart, it's leaving disappointed.

Iím sure itís a thankless Job and the pay is equally repugnant. I get it. The job sucks and doing as little as possible is sometimes a way to feel youíve gotten your soul back. I mostly encounter very helpful employees (when I encounter them). When I meet foul attitudes, I usually ignore it but, last night was over the top. I also get that they have to deal with angry people all day and that can grate on you. I donít know.

I just donít get where peopleís work ethic has gone. Iíve had really crappy jobs in my life but I still treated customers or the public with dignity and was always helpful.

Iím feeling really old right now

I think that might be the problem with collecting too today is that it makes us run into the crappy reality of the retail business today. Which just adds to the frustration. That has nothing to do with collecting or toys even. One of the things I have noticed is what happened to the days where when you walked into a store employees immediatley greeted you. Then they were up your *** about what are you looking for and can they help you find it. And you would have to tell a dozen employees that you were fine and just looking. Now it is the total opposite. First, if you can even find an employee in a big box store. The Walmart this morning I went to the only employees I saw were up by the cash registers and there were just a few. Like I said, I think I was the only person on the side of the store that wasn't selling groceries. Secondly, I get the vibe that anymore all employees do is stock shelves and nothing else. And that if you walk up to them and try to ask them a question it is like you are interfering with their extremely important shelf stocking and how dare you. They totally come across like, you're bothering them and they are thinking "What does this guy want. Leave me alone."

I don't want 12 people following me around a store but what we get now is no help at all. Can there be a happy medium? With no street dates for these two MOTU sets and possibly even the next G.I. Joe exclusive you are either going to have to luck out and just so happen to walk in when they are setting out the figures or you are going to have to talk to an employee and they are going to have to look up the stuff in their handhelds and give us dates they expect shipments in.

Sorry these target/walmart employees are making $15 +bucks an hour. They can do their damn job.

The biggest problem as of now is no store can get their workers to come to work. Giving extra money on unemployment, where alot of people were bringing home more money than actually working screwed everything up.

Half the stores have signs posted on the doors around here, saying please forgive the wait since co workers refuse to come to work.

All walmarts in area show fuzzy panthor in stock. But none have on shelf. Walmart system shows in stock as soon as truck pulls up to dock, so your at the mercy of them actually putting stuff on shelf. Or wasting time trying to ask them.

All the Walmarts in my area said limited stock. I didn't see any at the Walmart I went to, so I asked an employee about it. He looked it up and saw that they had 2 in the back and searched for them and I bought one. They were both in good shape, although they both had a slight rub on each of their front legs near where they probably rubbed up a little against the window or something. It is kind of hit and miss on if an employee will check for you and if they say they will, how hard they will try when they get to the back. It sounds like they aren't on the shelf yet until they have a reset of some sort.

Flocked Panthor looks amazing.

I was arguing with some friends on Facebook who prefer the unflocked version to the flocked. Flocked will always be preferable to me.
    Powered Convoy -Owner and Propreitor of the Skele-Store,
    offering a small range of stock, and the worst prices on the Net!

Quote Originally Posted by Gog View Post
    . I am skeptical that they cannot show confirmed inventory/location/status if they really want to but maybe items like this aren't tracked that closely?
    Wal-Mart can't. They could, but it would be a hard process to put in place. Their inventory management is kind of nebulous at best. Their entire company is structured towards bulk procurement on one hand and regional distribution on the other. Anything that falls outside of those two categories is a non-issue, for the most part. Since they aren't a distributor in the traditional sense (meaning, they buy direct from the manufacturer and almost never from a wholesaler, and distribute only to themselves) there's not the same level of detailed tracking involved as there would be when there's a wholesaler, distributor and customer/store all involved.

If a DC has an allotment of, say, six cases of MOTU for store #1234, then that's the active, on-hand inventory for the store. As you know, any number of things could happen in the meantime: a DC employee can go home with them, a truck could get hijacked, the load could get diverted to another store, etc. If it arrives at the store, it could be a month before it goes on the shelf. If Brickseek shows 5 Evil-Lyn's in stock at your local WM, all it means is that at one time, a Distribution Center had 5 Evil-Lyns alloted for that particular store.

Anyone that has had to deal with WM in the distribution or logistics end of things can all tell you that dealing wth Wal-Mart is like trying to sell your kidneys on the black market. You may die, or you may make a good deal of money, but it will be a confusing and bloody process carried out by people who don't really know or care about what they're doing.
    Most wanted Origins figures: Mighty Spector, Fisto's Cousin's Babysitter, and Mer-Man's Seventh Grade Crush.