Page 63 of 78 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,575 of 1927

Thread: Masterverse Coming 2021 (Wave 1 Revealed!)

Quote Originally Posted by DutyBeforeAll View Post
    Well some of the revelations stuff could also work as a classic version of the character, like man at arms and spikor.
    Maybe theyíre trying to get some deep cuts out early?
    I guess that could be the case.
    Clearing out Classics, Super7 and vintage MOTU & PoP figures... check out my threads in the Marketplace for Fisto, Sorceress, BA variants, SDCC exclusives and more!

I wonder if at the end of the next 5 episodes we end up with a slightly updated He-Man. It will still be Adam but He-Man will look slightly modified to reflect the changes that magic and Eternia have gone through.

Heroic Warrior
    Have these been posted:

Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    Have these been posted:
    Only a link to the Twitter page...

But, homina, homina, homina!!!

I simply cannot wait to get my hands on Teela and Duncan!!

I hope that they do an "apocalypse" Duncan as well!
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

Thanks for posting, this confirms that this range isnít for me. I just donít like the aesthetic.

Iíve just ordered a Mondo MAA instead.

Liberty, justice, peace. The All American's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    I think this Teela looks decent, but the rest, just lacking some details. They look like uninspired sculpts to me.

Hmmm. I'm not sure if I want to keep collecting this line or not now. Man-at-arms looks the best to me. Spikor looks unproportionately weird somehow, and I just don't like Teela's or Beast Man's looks at all.

I am pleasantly surprised by MMA. From the little portrait on Teelaís packaging, I somehow imagined him more distorted etc.
    Funny someone mentioned Mondo- to me, this MMA actually has a bit of a Mondo vibe.
    Less details, of course- at $20

Spikor is placed in there in an unfortunate pose, I think he might look better out in the open.
    Beast Man... is not all that interesting on this design, but well adapted from his screen looks, I thought.

Teelaís still the best figure!

I keep telling myself I will only cherry-pick this line, but it seems I might need a bigger cherry bucket than I anticipated. I bought Skelegod last month, and as soon as I see Evil Lyn I will get her. Now, my daughter is keen on getting Moss Man, and we kinda want He-Man just to use as a Multiverse variant (thank you, Loki) to play alongside our MOTUC version.

With these, I'm down for Teela for absolutely sure, and Duncan looks pretty great too! I could even see getting Beast Man. Spikor looks good, but he's so close to the Classics version, I don't see him as a necessity (though this one won't have the old "Blastic" problem!)
    MOTU Origins Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Anti-Eternia Characters, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy
    Hermione's Toy Box on Youtube (GIVEAWAY in Progress!): https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8C...xlwUttPSJAUZMA

Sigh, I like this second wave but I am bummed the first wave doesn’t have as much detail in their paint apps. Think there is any chance at all that Mattel would go back and re-release He-Man and Skeletor with better, cartoon accurate head sculpts and more detailed paint apps like this second wave? I mean, Mattel seems to be buying into having He-Man and Skeletor on the racks with every wave so people can always get the main two if they want to start collecting the line.

Quote Originally Posted by sevman View Post
    Sigh, I like this second wave but I am bummed the first wave doesn’t have as much detail in their paint apps. Think there is any chance at all that Mattel would go back and re-release He-Man and Skeletor with better, cartoon accurate head sculpts and more detailed paint apps like this second wave? I mean, Mattel seems to be buying into having He-Man and Skeletor on the racks with every wave so people can always get the main two if they want to start collecting the line.
    Considering what you say I would said this is likely although we will have to wait for them.
    Princesses of Power enthusiast

Heroic Warrior
    I wonder how Beast Man would look with 200X armor. The figure itself reminds me of the 200X Beast Man.

The new Wave 2 figures look amazing. Spikor is one of my favourite characters.

Definitely picking up Spikor and Beast Man, no interest in the other two.

Love these figures so much better then Origins! Can’t wait to get these in hand! So happy we have two lines of MOTU for everyone to enjoy!

I got everything but Teela. What’s up with her chest design. Is she moving over to GI Joe? Maybe she is afraid of drowning with her life preserver. I will use classics to fill it.
    Last edited by Baba1983; July 25, 2021 at 09:26pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Baba1983 View Post
    I got everything but Teela. Whatís up with her chest design. Is she moving over to GI Joe? Maybe she is afried if drowning with her life preserver. I will use classics to fill it.
    Her whole look from the outfit to her hair is very Viking if you ask me.

Canít wait to get all of wave 2. Love Duncan, spiller and Teela. Wish beastmsn had some type of armor, though.

Found wave 1 at a Wal Mart. Bought Evil Lyn because I like Evil Lyn. Skeletor looks okay but it was too much to leave him there. Passed on the rest.
    Looking at wave 2, I might get Spikor but, I am just not loving these sculpts, looks.

Quote Originally Posted by Eamon View Post
    I hadn't thought about this, but you're absolutely right.

The leather cuirass, woolen pants, straps and turnshoes... all topped off with a very viking-esque hair cut!

I think I love this design even more now!
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

Eaxactly. I really don't understand the hate. It seems much of it stems from the fact that it's just... different. Personally, as much as I love the classic MOTU designs, I have multiple figures sporting those designs. I want something different from this line, and I'm glad that we're (mostly) getting that. I think many of the people who pass on this line will come to regret it in the months and years to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunken Fist View Post
    Eaxactly. I really don't understand the hate. It seems much of it stems from the fact that it's just... different. Personally, as much as I love the classic MOTU designs, I have multiple figures sporting those designs. I want something different from this line, and I'm glad that we're (mostly) getting that. I think many of the people who pass on this line will come to regret it in the months and years to come.
    I think it’s because her old look was more classic fantasy, sexy warrior maiden and her new look is more Viking, utilitarian, fighter with less of a emphasis on the sexy part. So of course a lot of the older male fans will probably not like it as much. But it makes a lot more sense as something a person would wear who has to engage in combat situations. Personally, I hope she ends up with either a female MAA look or as the next sorceress.

Thank you for that information! I see it now. I can appreciate that. I like it a bit more now! I would have preferred just a thinner layer or an outline of the the idealized body like Flying firsts He-Man. Not a Tactical Enhanced Multi-Threat looking vest. She looks like she has on 3 layers.
    I see some amazing examples that would have looked better in my opinion. Such as this https://www.larpdistribution.com/pro...ather-cuirass/

Her other outfit was a bit to conservative for me but I would have get that. It would go well with Battle armor He-Man with the chest covered but a sculpt of the anatomy idealized. Im not looking for a battle ground Teele's look LOL. I But her face is drawn beautifully! I don't see how some haters are calling it manish. I love the way her anatomy was drawn as well, makes sense. She should not be so skinny like Filmation or 200x. But what happened to Adam? He did not have to be muscular, but with all that training so skinny? He trains with Man at Arms and Teela, even if he as to be dragged in. Evillyn even has stronger arms then Adam and she relies on magic also.
    Last edited by Baba1983; July 25, 2021 at 10:30pm.

Widget
    Picked up some of the Masterverse figures a couple of weeks ago. After watching Revelation, I had to take this shot.

DSC_0160-Edit.jpg by offramp_climber, on Flickr

I preordered the wave from BBTS. I going to paint up evil lyn long haired head and put it on Teela

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by offrampclimber View Post
    Picked up some of the Masterverse figures a couple of weeks ago. After watching Revelation, I had to take this shot.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...1805a801_k.jpgDSC_0160-Edit.jpg by offramp_climber, on Flickr
    Nicely done!!