Page 33 of 41 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: Masterverse Coming 2021 (Wave 1 Revealed!)

Great move mattel. Moc collectors get to have an ugly bar code in front and right on top.

Heroic Warrior
    The reveals don't make me want to buy into Masterverse, BUT I will say that they will at least have me monitoring what the line is doing.
    Skelegod is really great, and I actually think Moss Man of all people looks good (and I'm someone who has historically hated "Green Beast Man"). I don't have enough nostalgic attachment to the character to buy it, but it is the first Moss Man I've ever actually considered worth buying.
    But as for the rest...I have multiple BETTER versions of all those characters, I don't need any more unless they're bringing some WOW factor.

All that said though, Moss Man and Skelegod will at least have me keeping tabs enough to see what future releases crop up and if Mattel actually gives me a character that excites me in a great design, I'll get it.
    Let's see a Deluxe Dylamug in MOTU Origins!

Seeing so many people pass on these because they already have Classics versions of the characters makes me a bit envious lol.

I absolutely love the sculpts on MOTUC but narrowly missed the boat on the standard releases. Unfortunately, there's just no way I can justify spending $150 on them now so I will be watching this line closely and hoping for the best so I can have some characters to add to my 6" - 7" scale shelf.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MayorHaggar21 View Post
    Seeing so many people pass on these because they already have Classics versions of the characters makes me a bit envious lol.

I absolutely love the sculpts on MOTUC but narrowly missed the boat on the standard releases. Unfortunately, there's just no way I can justify spending $150 on them now so I will be watching this line closely and hoping for the best so I can have some characters to add to my 6" - 7" scale shelf.

Yeah same here! I got a modest Classics collection but missing many of the best Heroic and Evil Warriors. So yeah, bring on the Masterverse Spikor!!

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by banthafett View Post
    Great move mattel. Moc collectors get to have an ugly bar code in front and right on top.
    Maybe after the Revelations waves they can change the boxes to the classic exploding rocks, or change the boxes depending on what design the figures comes from.

Quote Originally Posted by MayorHaggar21 View Post

I hope that this line turns out like the SW Black series... but, I don't think MOTU has the same momentum as Star Wars.

I would love to be wrong, but I feel that the Multiverse line is designed for the most recognizable characters from whatever era the wave of figures hails. So, it may not go very deep, thus, many people will miss out on some of their favorite characters.

I'm more worried about toy buyers getting confused with the deluge of MOTU products on the shelf... why would mom pay for a Masterverse He-Man when the Origins He-Man is cheaper?

Soon, parents will have a choice between Origins, Masterverse, and Netflix CGI MOTU figures... price will be a big decision-maker.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Looking forward to the Netflix Era<<

If my non-existent hypothetical child asked for one of the reboot He-Man figures instead of Origins I'd make 'em stand in the corner until they realized their mistake and promised to have better standards going forward.
    My matches, toy reviews, promos and more are on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Soon, parents will have a choice between Origins, Masterverse, and Netflix CGI MOTU figures... price will be a big decision-maker.
    Masterverse definitely seems like it would be sold exclusively online, or at specialty shops.
    Odd Man Out

Heroic Warrior Grayskull Guardsman's Avatar
    After the official reveals, I was thinking more about how Mattel isn't going to get me with my Classics collection to buy lesser quality figures, but then I got to thinking even more that these are even a step down from the 200X line. Specifically Skeletor and Evil-lyn.

I sincerely hope that after they get through the eight animated figures, they start sticking some Classics and Club Grayskull figures in the Masterverse line.

If they continue to use the wonky bodies and minimal paint apps, it will be a real shame.

Though that Cringer looks interesting... wish it was a more Filmation looking head. Hopefully, they do some more beasts and vehicles at the 7" scale and I can stick those in with my Classics.

Couple more He-man shots. Shame he lost that sword scabbard. Even Origins had a loop

Sent from my H3113 using Tapatalk

I can't wait to see what he looks like with the Classics harness on (I don't mind the H, but I do agree with some of the folks who've said it's the harness itself that seems too... thin). My favorite aspects of this particular figure are the chunky belt, the loincloth, boots, and the arm bracer on his left that looks almost like a shield itself. Love the hair. Mixed feelings on the face- it's a good Adam, but an odd He-Man.
    Clearing out Classics, Super7 and vintage MOTU & PoP figures... check out my threads in the Marketplace for Fisto, Sorceress, BA variants, SDCC exclusives and more!

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    Mixed feelings on the face- it's a good Adam, but an odd He-Man.
    Yeah, same here. The soft face just ruins the figure for me. Like you said it's fine for Adam but not He-Man.

I'm hoping the loincloth is on the flexible side.
    Odd Man Out

Quote Originally Posted by DC_WARLORD View Post
    I'm hoping the loincloth is on the flexible side.
    The materials they used in the 200X line were of a more flexible variety... maybe it will be similar? Otherwise, if it's hard as a rock it's going to be awkward seating these figures on any mounts.
    Clearing out Classics, Super7 and vintage MOTU & PoP figures... check out my threads in the Marketplace for Fisto, Sorceress, BA variants, SDCC exclusives and more!

Heroic Warrior
    The more I see these the less I like them. Honestly He-Man and Skeletor look terrible, easily the worst of the bunch which makes no sense to me, they should be the best figures. Evil-Lynn and Moss Man look ok but they all look like 2 big steps back from Classics.

I really like the animation preview of the new series but these representations of them just look amateurish, just compare them to almost any other collectors toy line, these look like the cheap kids version or a knock off. In this case the cheap kids version, origins, is so much better….

I guess I should be happy, I’ve just gotten back into MotU and I’ve dropped an average of $150 per Classics figure on my small core collection of my favourite 15 characters. Not being tempted by a new line is probably the best thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No sword storage is super annoying to me. That has always been one of my favorite things about the original figures, Classics, and Origins.

Just talked to my local toy store and he said Man-at-Arms, Beastman, and Spikor were also options for him to pre-order besides the ones we’ve already seen.

Heroic Warrior
    I wish they had painted the gold, done a wash on the hair and boots, and done some dry brushing on the loincloth, as well as punching in a little silver on the harness (and a light wash just to make the little indents pop and generally make him look more animated).

Idk, I really hope these heads will look decent on Origins figures, since I might wanna get that as a head for Adam (I really don't like using the same head for He-Man and Adam, imo Adam should look more relaxed).

I was all in on the Classics when they came out and have all except the Bronze King Grayskull. I supported that line, then before that 2000x and the Stactions , have most of the Vintage MOTU line and despite myself , looks like im all in on the Origins also. The origins line although not perfect has a great retro fun factor for sure. I know I will buy the new Revelations Toys because im a MOTU collector now it seems lol...Im just not sure how I feel about them just yet . I was led to to the understanding that Revelations was gonna be a continuation of the Filmation show and that character designs were not gonna really change, but they have, which is fine , i just wish I had known that before. It seems the new designs have gone the route of the Witcher in the case of Evil-Lyn and 200x with Skeletor and Skelegod...well just reminds me of Batman Ninja! I dont 100% hate but I think the history of the art and characters of MOTU should have been the drawing point not current or last few years trend. Im happy enough with what I see of Heman , I think they got it spot on by using the symbol of the orginal Battle damage design, it was already out there, no need to invent something current or new, it just works in a logical , in cannon way, a meaner head would have been ideal though...and I take it all the characters have grown older in Revelations?? That should of been the focus. Moss Man and Battle Cat again work well but the others are very lacking. Evil Lyn has lost that sexy bad ass vibe and seems more of a poor mage now, wheres that bodice armor and vampish cloak!?? Why do the have to clothe the women from head to foot, they didnt with He-Man! so why the ladies!??I think Skeletor seems the weakest to me though, That head design is not a older version of the Filmation design and looks exactly like 200x at least the fangs are gone!! The figure is just off somehow....I excited like we all are for a new era but everyone involved should be brave enough to work within the history of that world and stay away from the current trends of other shows, I think a firm foot in pre 80s pop culture would help designs going forward, not trying to be keeping up with current styles.

Heroic Warrior Lazer Force Zodac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by janco.stewart View Post
    Couple more He-man shots. Shame he lost that sword scabbard. Even Origins had a loop
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...0be57a9f4e.jpg

i'm really disliking that left arm bracer
    PoP Figures have to be based on the Vintage toys! This is NOT Filmation's Masters Of The Universe Classics MySpace Custom Blog

Quote Originally Posted by BooperScoop View Post
    I wish they had painted the gold, done a wash on the hair and boots, and done some dry brushing on the loincloth, as well as punching in a little silver on the harness (and a light wash just to make the little indents pop and generally make him look more animated).
    I don't know if it's true or not, but there's a theory that Mattel skimped on paint details to keep the price lower.
    Odd Man Out

I don't know if it's true or not, but there's a theory that Mattel skimped on paint details to keep the price lower.
    Paint does cost money...

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    MASTERS OF THE SMITTYVERSE
    My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 6/13/2021

He-man needs a...
    sterner expression.
    Scabbard.
    Up n down wrist articulation for holding his sword aloft (properly tbh).

Its pretty basic stuff but would make a huge difference. He's the character i may pass on until its discounted for customizing lol

Last edited by janco.stewart; May 18, 2021 at 12:41pm.

I'm sure it's true. The paints apps on these are extremely basic-- well below par for a "collector's line"-- and whenever a toy manufacturer wants to cut costs, paint apps are the first thing to go. That said, I'd much prefer simplified paint apps rather than having extras like swappable hands and heads being cut. I can add paint washes and such myself, so if it's an either/or situation, I'm glad they went the way they did.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunken Fist View Post
    I'm sure it's true. The paints apps on these are extremely basic-- well below par for a "collector's line"-- and whenever a toy manufacturer wants to cut costs, paint apps are the first thing to go.
    Exactly.

I'm sure you've heard the story behind the creation of Snake Eyes from GI JOE?
    Odd Man Out