Page 99 of 138 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109 ... LastLast
Results 2,451 to 2,475 of 3429

Thread: Masterverse Toyline Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by RiverToad View Post
    As someone who works retail, usually that means they recently got a shipment and the boxes are currently trapped under other boxes, sometimes the boxes don't even have labels of what's inside. Unless it's set aside ready to go out already, it's not going to be easily available. I would do anything for certain motu items, but I don't blame random minimum wage staff members for not wanting to tear through half of their backroom stock looking for a single item for one customer.
    Then tell me that. I don't buy that when I am just told to come back without any reason and a snarky attitude as if I have disturbed their life. I've been in customer service and retail for over 30 years, and not actually explaining to the customer WHY I have to come back is just plain laziness, regardless of if it's a single action figure or an entire living room set. It's an item that a customer wants to purchase, so help them! That's their job. Where I come from we have a customer service standard, but I guess it's too much to expect the same thing in return these days. It's sad. As Voodoo Magic said:

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo Magic View Post
    Yeah, that stinks. Good customer service is on life support these days...
    Anyways...
    Last edited by depp76; January 18, 2022 at 12:52am.

Sorcerer of Night Lord_Of_Destruction's Avatar
    Yeah, I don't see a problem with him either. And his original jaw was shattered. It's not like he was born with that metal jaw. People who don't care for it can keep the jaw closed.
    I think that's the issue right there. His original jaw was shattered OFF. Not just broken, but completely broken off his head. The metal jaw is supposed to be a replacement but this figure appears to still have a normal lower jaw underneath. Unlike other versions, particularly the 200X and Classics, which were sculpted in a way to showcase he is missing his biological lower jaw.

I do agree he looks fine as long as the jaw is not fully open showing this off, but I can also see where people are displeased with this as it's a major trait of the character.
    "How I loathe heroes! Always getting in the way and acting so... so... heroic!"

please check out my fan fics at:

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/399417/

Call Your Champion Voodoo Magic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Of_Destruction View Post
    I think that's the issue right there. His original jaw was shattered OFF. Not just broken, but completely broken off his head.
    I don't think it's possible for your jaw to be "shattered OFF". When your jaw shatters, it doesn't break off your head and fall on the ground. Perhaps you're thinking severed? But severed would take Trap Jaw's tongue with him, because the tongue attaches to the floor of the mouth, and we all know Trap Jaw has a tongue in the Filmation series:

Trap Jaw's metal jaw is very rudimentary. It's clearly not high-craftsmanship jaw replacement surgery. So for me, it works.

I do agree he looks fine as long as the jaw is not fully open showing this off, but I can also see where people are displeased with this as it's a major trait of the character.
    Well to be fair, the major trait is still there. The metal jaw. What's underneath isn't the major trait. Some could think, oh cool, that's what's going on underneath that metal jaw of his! Others could be disappointed I guess that it didn't follow the Kronis backstory developed many years later, but that didn't exist at the time of Filmation which Revelation is a continuation of. There was no origin behind him or his metal jaw in Filmation, freeing them to adopt, adapt or think up any backstory they liked!
    Last edited by Voodoo Magic; January 18, 2022 at 07:32am.
    - - - - -
    FOR ETERNIA Podcast
    Masters of the Universe Podcast

ForEternia.com
    Masters of the Universe: Revelation Fan Site

- - - - -

It's supposed to look like this:

tj2.PNG

They messed up by painting the bottom portion green. It was either a mistake or they chose not to to save on cost. If you paint the lower green part red/pink, or dremel/carve it off, I think it would look pretty awesome. As it stands, I think it looks silly rather than menacing. But as has been said, you can just leave the jaw up.

It's very possible it's a painting mistake. Very possible. But it's hard to use animation models as a confirmation of that. It's not like a simple mouth like Teela's. This is just what Powerhouse wants to show behind the metal jaw when talking.

For instance I see some inconsistencies where the pink is supposed to start even for a wide open mouth on the two red arrows.

And I see green skin coming down on a trajectory towards the bottom of the mouth with the yellow arrow.

Neither bottom of the mouth is finished because Powerhouse Animation Studios doesn't need to. It's covered with a metal jaw. Does it mean there is some green loose skin remaining from his jaw area? Maybe, maybe not, can't know for certain. Maybe when the art book comes out in a couple months it could clear it up.
    - - - - -
    FOR ETERNIA Podcast

ForEternia.com

- - - - -

I can't 100% say what happened, but it is absolutely clear to me that the 'bottom jaw' should not be green. It doesn't make sense in any way. I see what you are saying about inconsistencies, but I can't see in any way how it should be green all the way down to the chin.

I still quite like the figure and have it on preorder. I probably won't even change it. But I do think it was a mistake or them going cheap.

I guess it comes down to if Revelation Trap Jaw has a shattered jaw (i.e. shattered jaw bone, either removed or still inside inpieces) or a jaw that has been cleaved entirely off.
    - - - - -
    FOR ETERNIA Podcast

ForEternia.com

- - - - -

I guess it comes down to if Revelation Trap Jaw has a shattered jaw (i.e. shattered jaw bone, either removed or still inside inpieces) or a jaw that has been cleaved entirely off.
    I can see that I guess. If it had just been shattered he might have some green flesh there. I don't think it would be smooth like it is on the toy. More lumpy and crooked. Maybe discolored from the scarring. I think though that the animation reference would take into account what had happened to his jaw. And then the toy design would stem from that. Bible/Teleplay > animation reference > cartoon & toy designs. But you never know how things go down. I guess we'd have to go to any bible that was written for the series or maybe there is a line in the teleplay that references it.

Heroic slave of time man-at-work's Avatar
    Seems like the jaw was completely destroyed/removed, flesh and bones, nothing left:
    trapjaw.jpg
    Wish list of Masterverse figures: Roboto, Sagitar, Red Beast, Hans Hammerholder, Ra-Jar

Quote Originally Posted by man-at-work View Post
    Seems like the jaw was completely destroyed/removed, flesh and bones, nothing left:
    trapjaw.jpg
    I hear ya, and that might ultimately turn out to be the case, but that's an entirely different continuity.

I'm hoping the Revelation art book coming out soon might reveal more on it being a paint error or intentional.
    - - - - -
    FOR ETERNIA Podcast

ForEternia.com

- - - - -

Heroic Warrior
    I got a Tri-Klops today. The Target employee got it from the back room also when I checked out it scanned at 36.99 . I showed them the price on the Target app and they matched the 29.99 price

Quote Originally Posted by SVantley View Post
    I got a Tri-Klops today. The Target employee got it from the back room also when I checked out it scanned at 36.99 . I showed them the price on the Target app and they matched the 29.99 price
    Got one today as well. Great figure. The robes and such are a nice quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heroic Warrior
    I have been tracking the Deluxe Tri-Klops on Popfindr and it payed off yesterday. The local Target received a case and I went in right when they were stocking the shelves. Tri-Klops looks good but I wish they would tone down the tangerine skin. Looks like a fake tan.

Is it wrong to want 2 of the robed figures so I can display them both in different looks?
    Comedian on the matty forums.

Heroic Warrior
    Found revelations battle cat for Clearance $11.99 at Target today.
    Make sure to scan them, they didnít have a price tag showing that price.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Powersword123 View Post
    Make sure to scan them, they didnít have a price tag showing that price.
    Which part of California did you find it on clearance?

I put my extra Tri-Klops on a Faker body
    Attached Images Attached Images

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by horseman1981 View Post
    Is it wrong to want 2 of the robed figures so I can display them both in different looks?
    If that is wrong I donít want to be right. lol

Heroic Warrior

I like the way that looks.

Irvine, CA (Irvine Spectrum specifically)

Heroic Warrior
    I like the way that looks.

Irvine, CA (Irvine Spectrum specifically)
    Thanks too bad itís on the wrong side of California for me. I guess this weekend Iíll check the ones around me.

Widget
    Seeing as how I missed out on Classics because reasons, I'm glad I lucked onto Revelations. Pinhead Heman and Skeletron aside, I love these and I think they're going to give us that missed out on Classics a second chance.
    This morning I sensed that I was going to have a difficult boweling so I took HeMan with me to take the edge off. For the first time, I noticed that his knee and elbow joints are pink instead of the yellow/orange skin tone of the rest of the body. It looks a bit odd and i wonder if at some point they decided to change the skin colour and my figure was caught in the changeover.

that looks pretty cool. Great idea.

Quote Originally Posted by horseman1981 View Post
    Nothing at all wrong with that. I wanted two also, but ultimately decided at this price point I'll just stick with my one.
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!

Court Magician
    Today the 23rd is the "street date" or whatnot for Masterverse Tri-Klops at Target, so he's available to order for in-store pickup/shipping now via the Target app. Most of the stores in my area were holding him in the back until today.

Heroic Warrior
    Target circle has 15% off masters of the universe until Feb 5th.
    Just picked up Savage He-Man and Orko plus all wave 3 yesterday and had target price adjust.
    8EB53A2B-06DC-4842-8DA0-8CEC0DB3C409.jpeg
    Last edited by Powersword123; January 23, 2022 at 01:15pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Make sure to scan them, they didn’t have a price tag showing that price.
    I went to Target this morning and got some Battlecats for 11.99. Also I found a Savage He-Man
    Thanks