Page 82 of 91 FirstFirst ... 32728081828384 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,050 of 2261

Thread: Masterverse Coming 2021 (Wave 1 Revealed!)

Heroic Warrior
    Well this He-Man's face sculpt is much better than the standard release…this'll be my one Revelation want.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Really liking the Savage He-Man and Orko set. Definitely going to pick this up. Ya know, I was kind of just meh about the Revelations cartoon. I didn't love or hate it. There were things I liked, and things I didn't. But I love these Revelations toys. So far the only things I don't own or have pre ordered are the Wave 2 Teela (I prefer the upcoming Classic version), Andra (didn't care for the character, and her figure just doesn't look or feel MOTU to me. She seems more Star Wars High Republic), and Skelegod (the figure just looks awkward.)

But Revelations aside, I am still most excited about those New Eternia figures in the Masterverse line.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Really liking the two pack, both figures look fantastic!
    MOTU Origins Wishlist: Oo-Larr, Rattlor, Hawke, Slamurai, Lodar, Snake Face, Geldor, Plasmar, Lord Gr'Asp, Strobo, Extendar, Jitsu, Tung Lashor

Quote Originally Posted by burnside986 View Post
    Im assuming for right now its this listing

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Produ...Details/180276
    The listing says it only includes a He-Man figure. That could be bad info that BBTS is putting out or it could be yet another He-Man toy in this line...
    MASTERS OF THE SMITTYVERSE
    My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 11/6/2021

Heroic Warrior King Daddy Bo-Hog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty.81 View Post
    The listing says it only includes a He-Man figure. That could be bad info that BBTS is putting out or it could be yet another He-Man toy in this line...
    That might just be because of how its packaged. If you look at the package it is titled as "He-Man" then in a bar across the bottom right corner it says "Includes Orko".

I want the Savage He-Man, but I don't really see a need for a bunch of versions beyond this.

I also really like the Orko figure.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cringer82 View Post
    Really liking the Savage He-Man and Orko set. Definitely going to pick this up. Ya know, I was kind of just meh about the Revelations cartoon. I didn't love or hate it. There were things I liked, and things I didn't. But I love these Revelations toys. So far the only things I don't own or have pre ordered are the Wave 2 Teela (I prefer the upcoming Classic version), Andra (didn't care for the character, and her figure just doesn't look or feel MOTU to me. She seems more Star Wars High Republic), and Skelegod (the figure just looks awkward.)

But Revelations aside, I am still most excited about those New Eternia figures in the Masterverse line.
    I'm looking forward to seeing what else they come out with in New Eternia as well, what direction they might be taking that continuity. I had kind of thought that it would be more like the original mini-comic version of the story, but with Savage He-Man coming in the Revelation line, now I'm not really sure.

Mostly I'm kinda starting to worry about availability of all of the figures going forward. Originally wave 2 was on BBTS slated for a September release, that that month came and went and now it says October. We're almost half way through the month and still no sign that they might be about to get them. I'm probably just being impatient, but I really want those figs for my display!

I am thinking we will be getting a slightly updated version of He-Man after he gets the sword back. This savage He-Man is a transition phase I think.

Quote Originally Posted by sevman View Post
    I am thinking we will be getting a slightly updated version of He-Man after he gets the sword back. This savage He-Man is a transition phase I think.
    Thunder Punch!

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    MASTERS OF THE SMITTYVERSE
    My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 11/6/2021

Quote Originally Posted by sevman View Post
    I am hoping we finally see Battle Armor He-Man in a cartoon
    MOTU Origins Wishlist: Oo-Larr, Rattlor, Hawke, Slamurai, Lodar, Snake Face, Geldor, Plasmar, Lord Gr'Asp, Strobo, Extendar, Jitsu, Tung Lashor

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty.81 View Post
    The listing is incomplete because it was a secret thing due to its relationship with part 2 of Revelations. The listings for other unphotoed figures don’t give much detail at all either and BBTS had these up for preorder about 3 weeks ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Widget

Ultimate Spikor?

I swapped the head, vest, and mace between Classics and Masterverse Spikor... What do you think?

Court Magician
    Looks good with the classic parts

Motuc Blister Eater OnlyOneSkeletor's Avatar
    Awww man, I wish, so wish these figures's plastic wasn't that cheap. As is, I will never be able to cross the line. No matter what trick is being used to make it sound better. So disappointing.
    WATCH THE OUTSTANDING NEW MUSIC VIDEO "Almighty's Hand" here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eg9ld7ynu6w
    Available on: Itunes Store / Apple Music & Amazon
    More info here: https://www.facebook.com/glenlarocheofficiel

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyOneSkeletor View Post
    Awww man, I wish, so wish these figures's plastic wasn't that cheap. As is, I will never be able to cross the line. No matter what trick is being used to make it sound better. So disappointing.
    Who said the plastic was cheap? It is the same quality of Marvel Legends or SW black series. The figures are solid for the most part, I think you need to get some in hand. Any photos or videos online don't do these justice IMO.

Motuc Blister Eater OnlyOneSkeletor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post
    Who said the plastic was cheap? It is the same quality of Marvel Legends or SW black series. The figures are solid for the most part, I think you need to get some in hand. Any photos or videos online don't do these justice IMO.
    Well, perhaps my words were a little strong; but the plain looking (Spikor's trident here) keeps pushing me back each time I'm trying to show more interest into it. When they don't suffer from omissions related to paint application then plastic seems way too waxy. Why can't they turn out more matte finished in such cases ? I guess I should stop comparing them to Classics, they're clearly different in every aspects. And maybe you're right, the "once in hand theory" may generate the appetence I do expect for them which I really hope it would at a certain point, otherwise, I'm good for investing all my savings into Motuc customized figures.

PS: The future release of Savage He-Man would tend to think that improvements might be expected for this line henceforth so, fingers crossed !
    Last edited by OnlyOneSkeletor; October 18, 2021 at 09:08am.
    WATCH THE OUTSTANDING NEW MUSIC VIDEO "Almighty's Hand" here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eg9ld7ynu6w
    Available on: Itunes Store / Apple Music & Amazon
    More info here: https://www.facebook.com/glenlarocheofficiel

Well, perhaps my words were a little strong; but the plain looking (Spikor's trident here) keeps pushing me back each time I'm trying to show more interest into it. When they don't suffer from omissions related to paint application then plastic seems way too waxy. Why can't they turn out more matte finished in such cases ? I guess I should stop comparing them to Classics, they're clearly different in every aspects. And maybe you're right, the "once in hand theory" may generate the appetence I do expect for them which I really hope it would at a certain point, otherwise, I'm good for investing all my savings into Motuc customized figures.

PS: The future release of Savage He-Man would tend to think that improvements might be expected for this line henceforth so, fingers crossed !
    They are definitely better in hand. I wasn't thrilled with them by the pictures I saw until I had them in hand, and they look and feel so much better. Some joints are stiff or loose, but my understanding is that that is pretty common with any action figures. I haven't don't a ton of posing with mine, but so far nothing has broken. They're lighter weight than I would have thought, but the plastic doesn't really seem cheap to me.

Court Magician
    Another new stop-motion featuring figures from wave 2. I wonder if Mattel will get a new one made for each wave. Spikor's trident can't actually come out, can it? Pausing at that part kind of makes it look like it was cut off.

Quote Originally Posted by Agranymere View Post
    Another new stop-motion featuring figures from wave 2. I wonder if Mattel will get a new one made for each wave. Spikor's trident can't actually come out, can it? Pausing at that part kind of makes it look like it was cut off.
    Cool. Now if only most of us could actually get the wave 2 figures. I am being impatient.

Quote Originally Posted by King Daddy Bo-Hog View Post
    Cool. Now if only most of us could actually get the wave 2 figures. I am being impatient.
    My humble opinion... stores are still sitting on significant stock of Wave 1 and therefore aren't calling in the reinforcements of wave 2. Wave 2 has actually been available on eBay and select retailers for awhile, but it isn't showing up in retail stores which is... to say the least as far as the health of the line... concerning.
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stygian360 View Post
    My humble opinion... stores are still sitting on significant stock of Wave 1 and therefore aren't calling in the reinforcements of wave 2. Wave 2 has actually been available on eBay and select retailers for awhile, but it isn't showing up in retail stores which is... to say the least as far as the health of the line... concerning.
    I don't know about that... I mean, its definitely a possibility. All I can say is what I've seen locally. Revelation figures don't last long on the shelf here. My Walmart get some and then they're gone within a day, then gets more. Yesterday was the first time I'd seen Evil Lyn and Mossman there, and today they're gone. There were also 3 He-Mans and 3 Skeletors there yesterday, so I'm guessing they got in a case of 2/2 He-Man/Skeletor and one case of assortment. Today they had one of each left. And that's just in a day.

As far as wave 2 goes, I don't really get it. It could be the shipping problems coming from overseas causing the delay. Supply and distribution of all kinds of products is screwed up right now, so I'm hoping that the problem.

I don't know about that... I mean, its definitely a possibility. All I can say is what I've seen locally. Revelation figures don't last long on the shelf here. My Walmart get some and then they're gone within a day, then gets more. Yesterday was the first time I'd seen Evil Lyn and Mossman there, and today they're gone. There were also 3 He-Mans and 3 Skeletors there yesterday, so I'm guessing they got in a case of 2/2 He-Man/Skeletor and one case of assortment. Today they had one of each left. And that's just in a day.

As far as wave 2 goes, I don't really get it. It could be the shipping problems coming from overseas causing the delay. Supply and distribution of all kinds of products is screwed up right now, so I'm hoping that the problem.
    Yeah, I think its just that distribution is messed up. Lucky for me a local toy store got all of wave 2 in already.
    Hit me up on instagram @MOTUdoobs

Quote Originally Posted by nickdoobs View Post
    Yeah, I think its just that distribution is messed up. Lucky for me a local toy store got all of wave 2 in already.
    Yeah, people are getting them all over the country, but I haven't seen anyone saying they got them at big box stores yet. Obviously people are getting them somewhere for there to be as many on ebay and amazon as there are. Maybe distribution is just a problem for the really big shipments. I don't know that I have any local toy stores, other than comic shops, and the guys in those places annoy me.

Quote Originally Posted by nickdoobs View Post
    Story of Mattel's life.
    Please check out my custom figures. The first few stink but I get better.

https://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?277602-Masters-of-the-Hadleyverse

I also wrote a fanfic. See the fanfic board. At least four people like it.

My thoughts exactly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stygian360 View Post
    My order is with BBTS so not the case for me. I have so many items on backorder... argh.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, people are getting them all over the country, but I haven't seen anyone saying they got them at big box stores yet. Obviously people are getting them somewhere for there to be as many on ebay and amazon as there are. Maybe distribution is just a problem for the really big shipments. I don't know that I have any local toy stores, other than comic shops, and the guys in those places annoy me.
    I saw 1 Beast Man the other day at a Target here in Austin. I didn't pick it up since I have the whole wave on preorder with BBTS. Hoping I don't come to regret that.

Quote Originally Posted by jibernish View Post
    My thoughts exactly.

- - - Updated - - -

My order is with BBTS so not the case for me. I have so many items on backorder... argh.

- - - Updated - - -

I saw 1 Beast Man the other day at a Target here in Austin. I didn't pick it up since I have the whole wave on preorder with BBTS. Hoping I don't come to regret that.
    Yeah, mine are on preorder with BBTS as well. If I find them locally first, I'll get them and cancel the pre order, but I don't know how likely this is. Origianlly BBTS had them as a September release date, now its October, and November is approaching. I think they'll come eventually, but someone needs to step up their distribution!

Widget

Classics definitely has some amazing paint apps. Moreso than Masterverse or most other toy lines. I do prefer the loincloth deco on Masterverse Spikor though. As far as the trident, the peg sizes are different but both are removable so with a bit of custom work I'm sure you could get the Classics trident on the MV body.

Also someone was asking about the trident in that video. It must have been cut because mine is one piece up to the wrist peg.