Page 62 of 77 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast
Results 1,526 to 1,550 of 1924

Thread: Masterverse Coming 2021 (Wave 1 Revealed!)

Quote Originally Posted by jibernish View Post
    Cool! I did wonder if you did it on purpose.

Then I had the thought, maybe Beast Man was controlling the dinosaur, using it to extend their searching capabilities.
    More like **** Moss Man up and about. **** is about the throw down so best bust a move.

Quote Originally Posted by Eamon View Post
    More like **** Moss Man up and about. **** is about the throw down so best bust a move.

I'd like to see it. Here's hoping Netflix will deliver some of that after I get off work today

Just saw Revelations and not going to say much but they are putting out quite a few characters that didn't do anything in the show
    Princesses of Power enthusiast

Heroic Warrior Grayskull Guardsman's Avatar
    Please don't tell me we have to wait until Power-Con for reveals... is Mattel really not showing anything off for SDCC???

Quote Originally Posted by Grayskull Guardsman View Post
    Please don't tell me we have to wait until Power-Con for reveals... is Mattel really not showing anything off for SDCC???
    I'm thinking not. When they did that interview with Pixel Dan and debuted some Origins stuff, they sounded like those would be the last reveals until Power Con. Plus Wave 2 of Masterverse (which we've kinda seen) and Wave 6 of Origins are both slated for September releases, just in time for Power Con.

But yeah, I was hoping for a full official showing of Masterverse Wave 2 at the very least before then.

Folks have been asking about posting the full art I did for the figures. So here is the very first one I did...Moss Man. I hope ya'll enjoy.

Attachment 126557
    Beautiful!

I'm just happy that this line has given you a reason to post with some regularity again!
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

Swung by the one Walmart that's showing these as in stock this morning, hoping to find something before watching the show. Still no sign of them, so either Brickseek is misleading me, or the display is sitting in the back. So, Skelegod (my review is now live) remains the only thing I have from this line. I'm still iffy about getting He-Man even when I do finally find them, but the other three are surefire buys!

Wave 1 looks like it will be released tomorrow at 7am PT for Walmart’s Con.

Also, I swear that top pic looks like Origins Tri-Klops, although the head looks a little off. Any guesses?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Glasstor View Post
    Wave 1 looks like it will be released tomorrow at 7am PT for Walmart’s Con.

Also, I swear that top pic looks like Origins Tri-Klops, although the head looks a little off. Any guesses?
    It's Bret Hart from the MOTWWEU line.

Quote Originally Posted by dorrmann View Post
    It's Bret Hart from the MOTWWEU line.
    Ah, thanks. I figured it probably wasn’t Tri-Klops but, related at least.

I am probably gonna skip buying the majority of this line, but as the figures are 7 inch scaled, I will keep my eyes peeled for any vehicles or playsets.

I would like a Castle Grayskull playset, and I am hoping if one gets released the price will be within my reach.

Folks have been asking about posting the full art I did for the figures. So here is the very first one I did...Moss Man. I hope ya'll enjoy.
    I really like your artwork for this line. And I hope this will not sound bad but the artwork is way better than the figures themselves.
    For the Moss-Man artwork (the best Masterverse figure so far IMHO) I like how it seems like you took inspiration from the vintage cardbacks of Moss-Man (vintage Moss-Man cardback) and Skeletor and Beast-Man pose (vintage Mekaneck cardback) ... and took it several levels forward.
    I hope this art will be again released in a Dark Horse book at some point.
    Last edited by Sabretooth; July 24, 2021 at 12:26pm.

Just saw the Revelations and Snake -Eyes Origin yesterday. Revelations was better than I feared and Snake-Eyes was a slap in the face to the franchise and character. I think if everyone involved in making Revelations would have been upfront about the premise most of the fans would have been a lot more forgiving after seeing it. That being said, Mattel should make their figures closer to the show. He-Man should be much thicker and more muscled. He is HUGE in the cartoon. Most of the figures seem to be missing paint app details too. Little things like He-Man’s belt, boots, bracelet and forearm guard. However, Eamon’s Art is great and one of best reasons to purchase the first wave. Very well done sir!

While I agree with some that the extra Evil-Lyn head with long hair just doesn't look like Evil-Lyn on the Revelations figure, it DOES look like Evil-Lyn on the Club Grayskull figure! The Ball joint is too small, but I just used a Hershey's Kiss wrapper to make the ball joint a little bigger and it stays on well enough for display only purposes. Whatcha think?

(Pardon the tiny images. I have tried everything and read everything, but I can't seem to get them to show up as large pictures like some posts I see on here.)

LYN 1 a.jpgLYN 2.jpg

That looks shockingly good! Thanks for sharing that.
    Clearing out Classics, Super7 and vintage MOTU & PoP figures... check out my threads in the Marketplace for Fisto, Sorceress, BA variants, SDCC exclusives and more!

Man at arms doesn't look to bad from here, but Beastman seems smaller than he should be. On Spikor...

Why? He truly didn't even appear in the show

I would be ok without removable armor on figures like Spikor. The fat armor looks aesthetically unpleasing and he is such a cool character. I like the armor design, just wish it was part of the sculpt like the Filmation Spikor Power-con made.

I think the other characters look great. Hopefully we will be able to add details like legs straps to Man-at_arms down the road.

I am looking forward to Teela in her more classic costume.
    MYP SKELETOR , Kay-la, ABC GIANTS, MYP Evil-lyn, MYP Sorceress, MYP Captain Miro, Queen Andreeno ,MYP King Randor, MYP or Dc Tri-Klops, MYP Squeeeze, General Rattlor, MYP Roboto

While I like most of him, there's something that all of the Spikor figures that have come out in recent years (well, all three of them I guess) seem to be missing that the vintage figure nailed perfectly. Not sure if it's the head, the armor, or the spike/trident arm... but the modern versions of his figure always seem off a little. That said, I love the colors and think the belt/loincloth piece look better on him than He-Man.
    Clearing out Classics, Super7 and vintage MOTU & PoP figures... check out my threads in the Marketplace for Fisto, Sorceress, BA variants, SDCC exclusives and more!

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    That looks shockingly good! Thanks for sharing that.
    Thanks! I'm keeping it displayed like this for now.

Cool new reveals. I Wish we could get an alt head for Man-At-Arms with his helmet off. He looked really cool with it off in the show.

Heroic Warrior Grayskull Guardsman's Avatar
    LOVE Spikor's head sculpt. His gray trident claw looks pretty bad though, very cheap toy look to it. (and those double joints are still killing me. Spikor's knees look so ugly displayed like that in package.)

Looking at MAA, I figured out one reason why the Masterverse proportions are so weird. The belt and furry undies are way too big. Even with MAA's chest armor, the belt/loincloth look bigger than his chest. Same for most of these Masterverse figures. I think someone else mentioned pear-shaped earlier, and I see what they mean now. I do appreciate that they seemed to up their paint game on MAA.

Beast Man's design is kind of meh... too naked. The loincloth looks well sculpted, but jury is still out on him until I see some out of package shots.

And then the generic looking video game girl that walked into a Teela box... again, appreciate they seemed to have upped paint apps on Wave 2, but nothing about this look says MOTU or Teela. The figure seems executed well for the character design they were given, but it's a fugly, boring character design.

Quote Originally Posted by Ka Rot-Top View Post
    While I agree with some that the extra Evil-Lyn head with long hair just doesn't look like Evil-Lyn on the Revelations figure, it DOES look like Evil-Lyn on the Club Grayskull figure! The Ball joint is too small, but I just used a Hershey's Kiss wrapper to make the ball joint a little bigger and it stays on well enough for display only purposes. Whatcha think?

(Pardon the tiny images. I have tried everything and read everything, but I can't seem to get them to show up as large pictures like some posts I see on here.)

LYN 1 a.jpgLYN 2.jpg
    Nice mash up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reviews2D View Post
    Man at arms doesn't look to bad from here, but Beastman seems smaller than he should be. On Spikor...
    Well, I like the Netflix series, I hope to continue to liking it until part 2, but Mattel got me, I am only cherry picking but now I am committed to this line and I will try collecting them, hopefully all releases.

Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by motogp_fanatic View Post
    Nice mash up.Well, I like the Netflix series, I hope to continue to liking it until part 2, but Mattel got me, I am only cherry picking but now I am committed to this line and I will try collecting them, hopefully all releases.

Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk
    I like Revelations too I just fine some of the character choices for Masterverse odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Reviews2D View Post
    I like Revelations too I just fine some of the character choices for Masterverse odd.
    I agree with this. I don't know what Mattel's long-term plans are for Masterverse, if it's just going to be a Revelation line for the next 4-5 waves or whatnot... but if there's a time limit on these, like "we're only doing Revelation between Summer 2021 and whenever the next 5 episodes air (let's pretend it's January 2022), and then we're using the Masterverse banner for a Classics line, or something new entirely", then having figures with limited screen time like Moss Man and Spikor in there seems strange when it seems like Sorceress, Orko, or Andra would be better choices. That's not to say those characters aren't coming in the future, but say Revelation doesn't have legs past a Wave 3... what an odd assortment of characters it's going to look like with what they're choosing to put out so far. But, who knows... maybe this goes on for a couple of years and we get like 20 characters from the new show as Masterverse figures.

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    I agree with this. I don't know what Mattel's long-term plans are for Masterverse, if it's just going to be a Revelation line for the next 4-5 waves or whatnot... but if there's a time limit on these, like "we're only doing Revelation between Summer 2021 and whenever the next 5 episodes air (let's pretend it's January 2022), and then we're using the Masterverse banner for a Classics line, or something new entirely", then having figures with limited screen time like Moss Man and Spikor in there seems strange when it seems like Sorceress, Orko, or Andra would be better choices. That's not to say those characters aren't coming in the future, but say Revelation doesn't have legs past a Wave 3... what an odd assortment of characters it's going to look like with what they're choosing to put out so far. But, who knows... maybe this goes on for a couple of years and we get like 20 characters from the new show as Masterverse figures.
    Well some of the revelations stuff could also work as a classic version of the character, like man at arms and spikor.
    Maybe they’re trying to get some deep cuts out early?