Page 84 of 91 FirstFirst ... 34748283848586 ... LastLast
Results 2,076 to 2,100 of 2255

Thread: Masterverse Coming 2021 (Wave 1 Revealed!)

  1. #2076
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Posts
    166
    Quote Originally Posted by Stygian360 View Post
    It's strange that at least Clawful didn't get a figure since Spikor did, but who they choose to make may have simply been based on which characters required the least tooling. Spikor is essentially a new head and chest armor whereas Clawful would have needed a new hand, feet, etc.

    Otherwise, I would also welcome any/all of the ones you called out.
    Give it time. They’ve only announced four waves so far.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #2077
    Court Magician
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Posts
    38
    Quote Originally Posted by Parzival View Post
    Give it time. They’ve only announced four waves so far.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    How many waves do you think we'll see a year?

    4? 6? Even at 6 waves, there's likely to be a split focus between PoP, the new CGI series, and New Eternia. Before too long, I wouldn't be shocked to see Filmation and 200x in there.

    I think there's a clock ticking on how long Revelation designs will be viable. Honestly, the remaining Revelation Classic designs are pretty evergreen (Evil-Lyn, Beast Man, Mer-Man, Orko, Clawful) but I have my doubts as to whether a Man-at-Arms in a poncho has longterm viability. Not everything from Revelation is likely to get done before the novelty wears off.

  3. #2078
    Heroic Warrior Grayskull Guardsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    STL Metro East
    Posts
    1,465
    those with BBTS shipping wave 2, is MAA one of them?

  4. #2079
    Heroic Warrior DC_WARLORD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Skartaris, Inner Earth
    Posts
    2,780
    Quote Originally Posted by Secret View Post
    Before too long, I wouldn't be shocked to see Filmation and 200x in there.
    Entirely possible.

    Quote Originally Posted by Secret View Post
    I think there's a clock ticking on how long Revelation designs will be viable. Not everything from Revelation is likely to get done before the novelty wears off.
    That makes sense. I've wondered about that myself.
    Odd Man Out

  5. #2080
    Heroic Warrior depp76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    1,786
    I hope they soon move past the Revelation figures and on to the new sub-categories. I just do not like the Revelations aesthetic at all. Maybe New Eternia or POP will get me to change my mind on collecting these.

  6. #2081
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Posts
    166
    I think Revelations will be the “Classic” style designs logo myself aside from Faker and even then we may see a blue faker at some point. If the line is successful we could see if blossom out like Legends or McFarlane’s multiverse where it’s every other month.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #2082
    Heroic Warrior Stygian360's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    3,481
    Quote Originally Posted by depp76 View Post
    I hope they soon move past the Revelation figures and on to the new sub-categories. I just do not like the Revelations aesthetic at all. Maybe New Eternia or POP will get me to change my mind on collecting these.
    There is no way it makes sense for Mattel to waste the body molds they've created for Revelation as a one off to promote the show. More than likely (as I believe others are saying) this aesthetic is here to stay. Obviously the heads and such will be tuned to Revelation, but the bodies are likely the 'new normal', at least for now.
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!

  8. #2083
    Heroic Warrior depp76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    1,786
    Quote Originally Posted by Stygian360 View Post
    There is no way it makes sense for Mattel to waste the body molds they've created for Revelation as a one off to promote the show. More than likely (as I believe others are saying) this aesthetic is here to stay. Obviously the heads and such will be tuned to Revelation, but the bodies are likely the 'new normal', at least for now.
    Yeah I get that...it's just my wishful thinking.

  9. #2084
    Court Magician
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    61
    The new trailer hasn't been posted here yet?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYDj...hannel=Netflix

    Let's just say my Masterverse figure want list has just gotten longer...

  10. #2085
    Heroic Warrior Durendal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    2,635
    Quote Originally Posted by Agranymere View Post
    The new trailer hasn't been posted here yet?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYDj...hannel=Netflix

    Let's just say my Masterverse figure want list has just gotten longer...
    Based on that massively epic trailer, here are some more Masterverse figures that will be coming our way!

    Sorceress Evil-Lyn
    Goat Man
    Pigboy
    Battle Armour King Randor
    Talon Fighter Pilot Marlena
    Buzz Off
    Stratos
    Ram Man

  11. #2086
    Heroic Warrior Mark M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    3,406
    Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    Based on that massively epic trailer, here are some more Masterverse figures that will be coming our way!

    Sorceress Evil-Lyn
    Goat Man
    Pigboy
    Battle Armour King Randor
    Talon Fighter Pilot Marlena
    Buzz Off
    Stratos
    Ram Man
    I hope they make all of those and the Talon Fighter.

  12. #2087
    Heroic Warrior Durendal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    2,635
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    I hope they make all of those and the Talon Fighter.
    Yes!

    Also, I forgot to mention Webstor!

  13. #2088
    Heroic Warrior Mark M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    3,406
    Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    Yes!

    Also, I forgot to mention Webstor!
    I will have to watch the trailer agai, I didn't notice Webstor or Pigboy.

  14. #2089
    Heroic Warrior DC_WARLORD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Skartaris, Inner Earth
    Posts
    2,780
    I gotta assume that if PigBoy shows up, SunMan will, too.

    Then again, we're talking about MATTEL, so never assume anything!
    Odd Man Out

  15. #2090
    Opiate of the Masses anytimepally's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Posts
    777
    Quote Originally Posted by DC_WARLORD View Post
    I gotta assume that if PigBoy shows up, SunMan will, too.

    Then again, we're talking about MATTEL, so never assume anything!
    You're thinking of Pig Head. Pig Boy is from the 1987 MOTU movie.

  16. #2091
    Heroic Warrior volksnuts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Location
    Katy, TX
    Posts
    73
    That looks exciting
    I can’t wait to watch
    My wallet tried crawling away from my desk, it just knows it’s going to get extra beat up in the next few months
    I am going to need to figure out some more space for displaying

  17. #2092
    Heroic Warrior DC_WARLORD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Skartaris, Inner Earth
    Posts
    2,780
    Quote Originally Posted by anytimepally View Post
    You're thinking of Pig Head. Pig Boy is from the 1987 MOTU movie.
    Oops. My bad. Ostrich egg all over my face!

    But I still half think SunMan will show up in Masterverse.
    Last edited by DC_WARLORD; October 27, 2021 at 05:14pm.
    Odd Man Out

  18. #2093
    Heroic Warrior Durendal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    2,635
    Quote Originally Posted by DC_WARLORD View Post
    Oops. My bad. Ostrich egg all over my face!

    But I still half think SunMan will show up in Masterverse.
    Imagine if Sun Man were to show up in the show...

  19. #2094
    Master of fear Drunken Fist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Petal, Mississippi
    Posts
    6,484
    The Teela I had on pre-order from Amazon a month or so back arrived yesterday. Very nice figure overall, though mine has a couple of minor QC issues. For wave two that's two down, two to go!

    Quote Originally Posted by Grayskull Guardsman View Post
    those with BBTS shipping wave 2, is MAA one of them?
    I got an "expected soon" email from them about my MV Beast Man and Man-at-Arms a couple of weeks ago, though I sadly had to cancel the orders. So, they must have fulfilled at least some of their orders for him.

  20. #2095
    Council Elder zodak74's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Point Dread
    Posts
    15,726
    Quote Originally Posted by Agranymere View Post
    The new trailer hasn't been posted here yet?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYDj...hannel=Netflix

    Let's just say my Masterverse figure want list has just gotten longer...
    Mine too! Sorceress Evil-Lyn is my top want right now!
    Clearing out Classics, Super7 and vintage MOTU & PoP figures... check out my threads in the Marketplace for Fisto, Sorceress, BA variants, SDCC exclusives and more!

  21. #2096
    Master of fear Drunken Fist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Petal, Mississippi
    Posts
    6,484
    Beast Man is available at retail price on Amazon. Check under "other sellers." It shows delivery on November 22, but it'll probably arrive sooner. The other MV figures I've pre-ordered from them have arrived a couple of weeks earlier than the original estimate.

    (Spikor is still up at MSRP, too.)

  22. #2097
    President of Primus Ornclown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Tri-Solar System
    Posts
    8,539
    Quote Originally Posted by Grayskull Guardsman View Post
    those with BBTS shipping wave 2, is MAA one of them?
    Nope.

    Apparently, BBTS is still waiting on MAA... ugh.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

    >>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

  23. #2098
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    1,384
    Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    Mine too! Sorceress Evil-Lyn is my top want right now!
    Agreed! She looks great!

  24. #2099
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    256
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Nope.

    Apparently, BBTS is still waiting on MAA... ugh.
    i guess that explains why they havent shipped my set yet then. just weird how mattel doesnt ship them any assorted cases at all to fulfill sets and they have to wait for the solid case packs. i wonder if BBTS sets aside figures they do get in order to form sets later. or is there a chance they only fill the single figure orders until all figures arrive at which point maybe some of the earlier figures sell out and we have to wait for the second shipment. maybe this is why some people complain about waiting forever on preorders placed so long ago.

    and does anyone else think wave 2 might be a problem to find at retail. all my targets are extremely stocked with wave 1 and they are not moving at all. so not sure how much they will order and walmart barely carried them despite getting them first.

  25. #2100
    Court Magician
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    50
    Teela and MAA have hit my pile of loot at BBTS. Just waiting on Spikor now.
    I am no longer a widget.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •