Page 40 of 44 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast
Results 976 to 1,000 of 1086

Thread: Masterverse Coming 2021 (Wave 1 Revealed!)

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty.81 View Post
    I wonder if people are flooding the site trying to get MOTUR figures?
    I had the same thought - the figures might be up now. But I did get it to load for a second and saw i think 2 new waves of star wars black series hit. EE is loading and you can see them there. I bet it's star wars crashing the site.

- - - Updated - - -

Also that Snake Eyes/Timber set just popped up too. It looks to be a desirable Star Wars day with Episode IV Leia in her white gown showing up and most of the Rogue One figures as well as Ep 3 Obi Wan.

I'll be checking frequently for revelations though today.

Quote Originally Posted by jibernish View Post
    I had the same thought - the figures might be up now. But I did get it to load for a second and saw i think 2 new waves of star wars black series hit. EE is loading and you can see them there. I bet it's star wars crashing the site.

- - - Updated - - -

Also that Snake Eyes/Timber set just popped up too. It looks to be a desirable Star Wars day with Episode IV Leia in her white gown showing up and most of the Rogue One figures as well as Ep 3 Obi Wan.

I'll be checking frequently for revelations though today.
    Yawn, Unless it's Din Djarin.
    MASTERS OF THE SMITTYVERSE
    My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 6/13/2021

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty.81 View Post
    Yawn, Unless it's Din Djarin.
    I don't collect Star Wars but I know lots of people are trying to order all of these figures. People like Rogue One, and that's the iconic Leia.

Quote Originally Posted by jibernish View Post
    I don't collect Star Wars but I know lots of people are trying to order all of these figures. People like Rogue One, and that's the iconic Leia.
    Yeah, I spent a lot on preorders this morning.

BBTS went down right as the Star Wars preorders went live. They missed out on a lot of money.

I really expected an announcement for Masterverse preorders today. This is kinda of ridiculous. Whatís the hold up? Weíve seen the trailer. Weíve seen the figures. I guess we Have to wait for them to decide that they are Target Exclusives. Lol.

Mattel, Whereís your head? Today was the perfect day.

Heroic Warrior
    I donít know, after seeing that trailer Iím kinda looking at the Masterverse figures again after writing them off completely

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Not enough Masterverse talk in this thread!!

The toys were discussed and previewed https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQuI2Z4fXW8

Around 44 min mark
    MOTU Origins Wishlist: Oo-Larr, Rattlor, Hawke, Slamurai, Lodar, Snake Face, Geldor, Plasmar, Lord Gr'Asp, Strobo, Extendar, Jitsu, Tung Lashor

Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post
    Not enough Masterverse talk in this thread!!

The toys were discussed and previewed https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQuI2Z4fXW8

Around 44 min mark
    Too much talk of Classics in the thread.

The Masterverse figures will be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    Too much talk of Classics in the thread.
    You could say that about a lot of threads around here.
    My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 6/13/2021

Heroic Warrior
    so this supposed street date of the 15th, does anyone think this is just the preorder live date? if this was an actual street date of product id imagine wed have a lot more product leaks and someone would have found them in stores early or stockboy images would have surfaced. guessing they may go up on BBTS the 15th for release late july / early august.

Quote Originally Posted by classic View Post
    so this supposed street date of the 15th, does anyone think this is just the preorder live date? if this was an actual street date of product id imagine wed have a lot more product leaks and someone would have found them in stores early or stockboy images would have surfaced. guessing they may go up on BBTS the 15th for release late july / early august.
    I've been wondering that too. Seems odd that they didn't go up for preorder anywhere I could find other than deep discount. Com and even there they were either pulled down or sold out a while back

Yesterday was the day to have them up. Lots of people talking about them, BUT it may have been a good idea not to compete with the star wars and silver hawks that both went up yesterday.

Widget
    You can preorder them in Canada at Toys R Us, it says they ship August 3. EBGames takes preorders too, but they send you a random figure, you don't get to chose. Ship date for them is July 12, which I'm guessing is wrong.

All of them except for Battle Cat are able to be preordered at Zavvi. I have never heard of them before but have read that they are quite reliable. However I'm holding off for BBTS or EE just to be safe.

Saw these in a FB group. There's a lot more pictures. These are just the easiest to post because I could download them.

https://youtu.be/oUvJl9syNDU

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MayorHaggar21 View Post
    Saw these in a FB group. There's a lot more pictures. These are just the easiest to post because I could download them.

https://youtu.be/oUvJl9syNDUhttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...e90cd1e664.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...9592c47925.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...80f8fd0763.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the pics. I can't wait to get these. Target going to wait for ee or BBTS too. Sounds like 6/15 date was bogus.

They look a bit better up close. The straps on He-Man's harness are too skinny, and I hate the mustard-yellow color on his belt and bracers (is Gold paint THAT expensive?), but it's not too bad.

Skeletor's cape sucks, but otherwise he's okay too. But like seriously, that cape screams "Bare Minimum Effort". People on eBay and Etsy are gonna make a killing on custom capes when these things finally come out.

Is Skeletor's face gonna glow in the dark? It looks like it would glow in the dark.
    My matches, toy reviews, promos and more are on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA

Pinhead Skeletor.

Quote Originally Posted by banthafett View Post
    Pinhead Skeletor.
    How big do you thing your head would be if all the skin and flesh were stripped off?
    My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 6/13/2021

Hopefully the heads are compatible with those from Classics. He-Man and Skeletor will look much better after some Alcala head swaps and repainting. I'll have to do something about Skeletor's cape, too.

I think these look great! Canít wait for them!

Heroic Warrior
    I believe that Pixel Dan's Twitter post shows these figures are even taller than the Classics figures. Are they really only going to be $20 USD?

Quote Originally Posted by He-Metayer View Post
    I believe that Pixel Dan's Twitter post shows these figures are even taller than the Classics figures. Are they really only going to be $20 USD?
    $20-25 is what we have been told.

Heroic Warrior Grayskull Guardsman's Avatar
    So these things donít even scale with Classics figures???

Genius move Mattel folks...

Quote Originally Posted by Grayskull Guardsman View Post
    So these things donít even scale with Classics figures???

Genius move Mattel folks...
    That's the trend, making every new toy line completely its own thing. Happened with the new McFarlane "DC Multiverse" figures, too, being much larger than the Mattel Multiverse and Classics figures and completely incompatible scale-wise.

Because collectors just LOVE buying literally hundreds of figures in a line and then having to start completely over again from scratch when the license changes hands or gets rebooted. Seriously!

I mean, I get it. No company is beholden to what came before, things "evolve", change is the only constant in the universe, etc. etc. And from a business perspective, it makes sense; these companies want you to buy every figure they make, not just cherry-pick characters you missed out on from previous lines. But at the same time, it's SO transparent and cynical that it becomes off-putting. You're either "forced" to buy an entire new collection of figures just to have consistency, or just ignore an entire line outright.

I get it, I understand it, but on some level it's still very anti-consumer.
    My matches, toy reviews, promos and more are on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA

Heroic Warrior Grayskull Guardsman's Avatar
    They lost some sales not having us be able to mix them with Classics on the shelves. This makes me pretty much give up hope for anything on a Classics buck getting released in Masterverse.

Mattel's line they fed us... "We hear you." I don't think anybody that was pining for more Classics figures was hoping for large, out of scale, less detailed, less painted, ugly @$$ articulation, dad bod MOTU figures.

Quote Originally Posted by Grayskull Guardsman View Post
    They lost some sales not having us be able to mix them with Classics on the shelves. This makes me pretty much give up hope for anything on a Classics buck getting released in Masterverse.

Mattel's line they fed us... "We hear you." I don't think anybody that was pining for more Classics figures was hoping for large, out of scale, less detailed, less painted, ugly @$$ articulation, dad bod MOTU figures.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunken Fist View Post
    Hopefully the heads are compatible with those from Classics. He-Man and Skeletor will look much better after some Alcala head swaps and repainting. I'll have to do something about Skeletor's cape, too.
    Masterverse is on its way and that course will not be altered now and immediate future. I myself is too bummed it is not Classics scale compatible.

I am tidying some MOTUC with me at the moment and I cannot help but wonder what if the MOTU Revelation look be adopted to Classics as a separate line to Masterverse. It means MOTUC can start again from A lister with the new updated design especially that the teaser trailer is a runaway hit based on views and fans and non fans reaction so far.

(I imagining it now looking at the stuff I'm tidying here, how it will look in Classics or CG packaging. The sticker in the bubble too, or if boxed grayskull style).

Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!