Page 43 of 65 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 1621

Thread: Masterverse Coming 2021 (Wave 1 Revealed!)

Quote Originally Posted by He-Metayer View Post
    Man that is the figure I really want. I will start looking to see if he's available here in Texas.
    Itís not coming up on Brickseek or Popfindr for me so, I would just head to the store. They should know when they are arriving if they arenít there

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Glasstor View Post
    Itís not coming up on Brickseek or Popfindr for me so, I would just head to the store. They should know when they are arriving if they arenít there

UPDATE:

ToyNewsInternational posted the Assortment DPCI for the regular figures:
    087-16-7306

Good luck everyone!

Target supposedly has an endcap display starting this week- 6/20. All my area Targets have Skelegod and Iím betting trucks coming later this week will have others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man that is the figure I really want. I will start looking to see if he's available here in Texas.
    Me too. I'll let you know if I find any.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mizterfish View Post
    Target supposedly has an endcap display starting this week- 6/20. All my area Targets have Skelegod and Iím betting trucks coming later this week will have others.

Man I hope you are right!

My wife went to Target last night and was able to snag me Skelegod. What an awesome figure! His cap is held on with tiny clips alongside magnets. He's really huge, and downright imposing! He seems really well built as well.

Quote Originally Posted by mizterfish View Post

Can confirm that my Target has an end cap with Masterverse Skelly, as you described. Oddly there is a placeholder for Battle cat but when asked the clerk said they aren't expecting any until 7/14. Seems like a long time to wait in holding a slot on a shelf, but what do I know. Haven't heard any rumblings about the main figures from the line, but am eagerly anticipating seeing them.
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!

Heroic Warrior AntiEternia He-Man's Avatar
    Skelegod and the Rise of Evil pack were at our Target. Very nice for a change. Now letís see some more Cobra Island.

Heroic Warrior Grayskull Guardsman's Avatar
    My Target's scanner said they had three in the back. The guy came out with a damaged box one, and said he could only find the one. I was sceptic about that, but want to open him anyway, so I bought it.

Also saw the Deluxe Origins figures for like the first time ever. Hordak x2/He-man/Skeletor Didn't bite on any of those though.

My local Target in Kansas says they are "in transition" until June 20th. I assume that means they have them but can't sell them until then.

Whoa... I'm surprised at how many people are able to walk into Target and buy a Skelegod!

I wonder if this is part of Mattel's doing or if Target just isn't paying attention to the street date?

Either way, from what I've seen in online reviews of the figure, Skelegod seems to be a winner... I will definitely pick him up if I see him.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Whoa... I'm surprised at how many people are able to walk into Target and buy a Skelegod!

I wonder if this is part of Mattel's doing or if Target just isn't paying attention to the street date?

Either way, from what I've seen in online reviews of the figure, Skelegod seems to be a winner... I will definitely pick him up if I see him.
    I can tell you this much. My Target is super uber intensely into street date enforcement and if a product is street dated they won't sell it to me. It's also typically register locked to boot. Revelations Skeletor is NOT street dated. Obviously each person's Target mileage may vary, but I don't believe Revelations Skeletor is street dated.

Heroic Warrior
    I can confirm that Skelegod is available at various Targets in Austin, TX. Went to the Target down in South Austin (off South Mopac) and a lady there was kind enough to give me 2 from the back (1 for me and 1 for a friend). As of now there are 3 still there, but none are on the shelf.

I can confirm that Skelegod is available at various Targets in Austin, TX. Went to the Target down in South Austin (off South Mopac) and a lady there was kind enough to give me 2 from the back (1 for me and 1 for a friend). As of now there are 3 still there, but none are on the shelf.
    Oh, nice!!! I take it only Skelegod is showing up so far?
    Clearing out Classics, Super7 and vintage MOTU & PoP figures... check out my threads in the Marketplace for Fisto, Sorceress, BA variants, SDCC exclusives and more!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    Oh, nice!!! I take it only Skelegod is showing up so far?
    Yes that's right.

I'm hoping the fact that these are not up for preorder on BBTS or EE means that they will be readily and easily a available everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by jibernish View Post
    I'm hoping the fact that these are not up for preorder on BBTS or EE means that they will be readily and easily a available everywhere.
    They seem easy enough to get right now. Just give some one the DPCI and be polite. I just go my Skelegod that way.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    MASTERS OF THE SMITTYVERSE
    My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 6/25/2021

Yes that's right.
    My Target is saying 7/14 for Battle cat, but likely sooner I'd guess based on how close that date is to the release of the show on Netflix. Typically companies like to have product on shelves before that... or at least that's been the industry norm for decades. Anyway, still no word from my Target as to when the main line figures are dropping. Anyone hearing rumblings?

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty.81 View Post
    They seem easy enough to get right now. Just give some one the DPCI and be polite. I just go my Skelegod that way.
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...322bfc3d0e.jpg

Thanks for sharing. A friend picked up Skelegod for me - so I'm good with that one. I want the rest of the first wave too, and I'm hoping it's easy to get - for once. I'm a bit burned out from hunting for everything else.

One left on an end cap. The one extra hand was stuck in the bottom packaging, I shook it like a lunatic but it was there. This also marks the first time in 15 months I walked into a store with no mask.
    09E0343D-58AF-45FD-A77D-565D376F31B1 by Comedian Horseman, on Flickr
    Comedian on the matty forums.

Initial thoughts on the first Masterverse figure.

-Not a fan of them being larger than Classics. But for characters like Moss Man/Beast Man/Spikor/etc... that isn't a problem. He-man, Man-at-Arms, Skeletor, Teela, and Evil-lyn being larger than their Classics counterparts is a major party foul.

-The overall figure is very gummy feeling. It's weird. Can't think of an action figure that's ever felt like that.

-I think I like the cape okay... the little plastic diamond weights sell it for me. Material could be better, and less craft time cut out looking.

-HATE the double jointed elbows and knees. Why have them when only one joint wants to freely move and the other is locked in place. And it looks like he has a big chunk of his arms missing at the inner elbow when they are fully extended. I have single joints at my elbows and knees, my action figures don't need more articulation than me.

-Nice head sculpt, but seems way too small. These are the biggest figures, yet the head is way smaller than Classics and Origins heads.

-Paint seems okay, not perfect. My head has a few issues.

-He is very top heavy with fairly weak ankle joints. Already did a swan dive off my bookshelf.

-This figure has a black/dark blue wash over the body, but when you bend the ugly large double jointed knees and elbows, you get light blue with no wash glaring at you.

-The sword was nice and straight and sculpted well. Not sold on the redesign though. A little silver paint slop on mine. The blade is painted silver.

Not a bad figure all in all, but changing the buck size was not a wise move. Bucks got bigger, heads got smaller. Hoping they revisit the Classics bucks on some of the non-Revelation figures in the line. Or just give us figures like Filmation Ram Man and Leech, those would be mostly new sculpts anyway!
    Last edited by Grayskull Guardsman; June 17, 2021 at 03:19pm.

Opiate of the Masses anytimepally's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Grayskull Guardsman View Post
    I have single joints at my elbows and knees, my action figures don't need more articulation than me.
    Agree with this. I just don't get the double jointed elbows and knees.

I like how Skelegod's chest emblem is a twisted version of He-Man's H/M emblem...

Maybe Skeletor absorbs Adam and they somehow become one entity?
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

I'm guessing story-wise he absorbs the Havok Staff along with the powers of Grayskull with the horns on his head and all. BUT man, this figure looks way cool holding the Classics Havok Staff.

I'm guessing story-wise he absorbs the Havok Staff along with the powers of Grayskull with the horns on his head and all. BUT man, this figure looks way cool holding the Classics Havok Staff.
    Great insights. Ultimately we know based on insinuation from Kevin Smith that "something happens" in the switch from the 80's cartoon to the new normal, and that this something is a secret being revealed that Teela has been kept from for years. I sincerely doubt that this 'revelation' comes with Adam being absorbed into Skeletor to make this mega version, but ultimately who knows. I personally like Grayskull's take.

Not a bad figure all in all, but changing the buck size was not a wise move. Bucks got bigger, heads got smaller. Hoping they revisit the Classics bucks on some of the non-Revelation figures in the line. Or just give us figures like Filmation Ram Man and Leech, those would be mostly new sculpts anyway!
    I just don't see this ever happening. It doesn't make sense for them to go back to an old buck that's a different size with outdated articulation compared to the first 2 waves of figures. You guys are just setting yourself up for disappointment when it comes to Classics returning.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I have single joints at my elbows and knees, my action figures don't need more articulation than me.
    Untrue. Your knee does have the range of motion that most double jointed action figures have, that's why you can kick your own butt.

MASTERS OF THE SMITTYVERSE
    My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 6/25/2021