Page 45 of 64 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,125 of 1580

Thread: Masterverse Coming 2021 (Wave 1 Revealed!)

Quote Originally Posted by Glasstor View Post
    Can somebody please let me “borrow” your Classics He-Man so I can take a picture? I will totally send it back.

One of these days I might sell some stuff and try to gather a few core figures.
    Do it soon!!! They’re not getting any cheaper
    "There's no back door to heaven just a front door to hell" - DIO RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Brasco View Post
    Do it soon!!! They’re not getting any cheaper
    Yeah, I know. Every time I look, even at loose figures, I shed a tear.

Quote Originally Posted by ProteinNerd View Post
    Can anyone post pics of Classics He-Man on Masterverse Battle Cat please?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This guy has classics Adam on battle cat. 6:30 timestamp.

- - - Updated - - -

https://youtu.be/l95aEYEspsg

- - - Updated - - -

Classics thunder punch heman at 8:54

https://youtu.be/gbh4--Kaogs

- - - Updated - - -

I’ve never run out of my house so fast! Lol. Today was a good day! Battle Cat acquired along with a scuba attack skull. All the stores in my area have them in stock but, most sold online this morning.

Good for you. I couldn't find battle cat at any of my targets. I haven't found scuba zodac either. Looks like there are 3 he-man, 2 trap jaw, and 1 zodac in the cases.
    Last edited by jibernish; June 20, 2021 at 09:51pm.

Quote Originally Posted by jibernish View Post
    Good for you. I couldn't find battle cat at any of my targets. I haven't found scuba zodac either. Looks like there are 3 he-man, 2 trap jaw, and 1 zodac in the cases.
    I feel very lucky on that Battle Cat I saw that it said in stock and ran! I’m lucky that my store has an awesome dept manager who canceled one in someone’s pick-up order because they ordered two! I love her! I tried two other targets who said in stock (trying to help some .orgers out) but was told they went to online orders. Supposedly, they have more on the way.

I’ve missed two cases of skulls at my Target but saw a full case today. It had two zodacs, he-mans and trap jaws. Maybe they stuck an extra skull in the case and one Zodac was sold? Maybe it’s just random. Target seems to be the only toy store these days that consistently gets restocks. It’s kinda amazing. If only they would get more deluxe and regular figures in.

I feel very lucky on that Battle Cat I saw that it said in stock and ran! I’m lucky that my store has an awesome dept manager who canceled one in someone’s pick-up order because they ordered two! I love her! I tried two other targets who said in stock (trying to help some .orgers out) but was told they went to online orders. Supposedly, they have more on the way.

I’ve missed two cases of skulls at my Target but saw a full case today. It had two zodacs, he-mans and trap jaws. Maybe they stuck an extra skull in the case and one Zodac was sold? Maybe it’s just random. Target seems to be the only toy store these days that consistently gets restocks. It’s kinda amazing. If only they would get more deluxe and regular figures in.
    I'm sure they will get more cats in. I woke up this morning with an alert saying they were in stock but one I got into the target app they were gone again.

I hope you ate right about the skulls. If I missed out on zodac it's not a huge loss. But I would like one. And im not paying extra on Ebay to all the scalpors.

Widget
    Battlecat and Skelegod will both be on amazon, whenever they decide to put them up for order. Neither are exclusive despite some rumors. So missing one or the other on Target won't matter much soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulith View Post
    Battlecat and Skelegod will both be on amazon, whenever they decide to put them up for order. Neither are exclusive despite some rumors. So missing one or the other on Target won't matter much soon.
    Speaking of rumors. It's important to believe your eyes rather than the myriad of toy reviewers and so-called insiders. For instance; the rumor was that Masterverse would be exclusive to Walmart right out of the gate, which obviously hasn't proven to be true. Sometimes I can't help but believe companies mess with those who try to spoil everything and in other cases they are just outright wrong. Again, believe your eyes and not what others try to say may or may not prove true.
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!

Sorcerer of Night Lord_Of_Destruction's Avatar
    I was able to order Skelegod off the Target website but it said Battle Cat was unavailable for shipping. Not sold out, just one of those items that they won't ship to certain zip codes.

This happens a LOT when I try to order off Target's website. Heck even more annoying recently I tried to get the Classified Major Bludd off the site. It let me add it to the cart but when tried to check out THEN it said not available for shipping. It's still sitting in my cart but they wont let me finish checking out because they won't ship to my zip code!

Why do they do this? I can think of no justification. Especially when another item from the same line will ship.
    "How I loathe heroes! Always getting in the way and acting so... so... heroic!"

please check out my fan fics at:

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/399417/

Quote Originally Posted by Stygian360 View Post
    Speaking of rumors. It's important to believe your eyes rather than the myriad of toy reviewers and so-called insiders. For instance; the rumor was that Masterverse would be exclusive to Walmart right out of the gate, which obviously hasn't proven to be true. Sometimes I can't help but believe companies mess with those who try to spoil everything and in other cases they are just outright wrong. Again, believe your eyes and not what others try to say may or may not prove true.
    Right. You can't even believe the words coming out of Mattel's mouth. They said via press release that the figures would be available everywhere on June 15th. And they are most certainly not.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Of_Destruction View Post

This happens a LOT when I try to order off Target's website. Heck even more annoying recently I tried to get the Classified Major Bludd off the site. It let me add it to the cart but when tried to check out THEN it said not available for shipping. It's still sitting in my cart but they wont let me finish checking out because they won't ship to my zip code!

Why do they do this? I can think of no justification.
    Despite what the website says, it's not your location. It's just out of stock. I talked to more than one person at Target cs about this. Also you can sometimes add an item to your cart when it's out of stock. It'll just stay there in your cart but the website will not remove it but they won't let you check out with it either. It's kinda nice cause if that item goes back into stock you can skip the "add to my cart" step in checkout. I was able to score a few Star Wars exclusives this way last year. I even still have a few items in my cart from last year. When I check out I move them to my saved item list and after checkout put them back in the cart. It's just a glitch in Target's system.

Woohoo! My Skelegod comes today and Battlecat shipped and will be here Thursday! Can’t wait to get the first 4 figures……someone put them up for order already!

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    Despite what the website says, it's not your location. It's just out of stock. I talked to more than one person at Target cs about this. Also you can sometimes add an item to your cart when it's out of stock. It'll just stay there in your cart but the website will not remove it but they won't let you check out with it either. It's kinda nice cause if that item goes back into stock you can skip the "add to my cart" step in checkout. I was able to score a few Star Wars exclusives this way last year. I even still have a few items in my cart from last year. When I check out I move them to my saved item list and after checkout put them back in the cart. It's just a glitch in Target's system.
    Thanks for the tip. I'll try that because adding something to my cart takes precious seconds and sometimes that's enough to miss out.

Quote Originally Posted by anytimepally View Post
    Agree with this. I just don't get the double jointed elbows and knees.
    Really?
    Double joints more effectively replicate the range of movement in knees and elbows than most single joints do. Some single joints, like what a lot if import companies like Figma or what Hasbro is doing with Star Wars Black series, do a lot better job of reflecting that range of movement with a single joint - but for the most part the double joint just seems to do a better job at it. Just look at how most MOTU figures from classics on through Origins struggle to get a 90 degree bend which is far below standard human range of movement.

Heroic Warrior Grayskull Guardsman's Avatar
    Brian Flynn's recent Silverhawks interview with Pixel Dan explains why double jointed elbows and knees are no bueno.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFMZHnva640 (starting at about 35:10)

I don't need my figures able to have their heels touch their butts or their wrists touch their shoulders. Especially if it requires ugly @$$ articulation ruining the sculpt. Double jointed elbows/knees also just bug me because human anatomy doesn't have two bends at those joints... just one. They look so unnatural, unless it is a robot character or something.
    Last edited by Grayskull Guardsman; June 22, 2021 at 12:36pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Grayskull Guardsman View Post
    Brian Flynn's recent Silverhawks interview with Pixel Dan explains why double jointed elbows and knees are no bueno.

I don't need my figures able to have their heels touch their butts or their wrist touch their shoulders. Especially if it requires ugly @$$ articulation ruining the sculpt. Double jointed elbows/knees also just bug me because human anatomy doesn't have two bends at those joints... just one. They look so unnatural, unless it is a robot character or something.
    I really do love that man. (I was referring to Brian Flynn, but then I realized that it applies to Dan as well. )

I don't need my figures able to have their heels touch their butts or their wrists touch their shoulders. Especially if it requires ugly @$$ articulation ruining the sculpt. Double jointed elbows/knees also just bug me because human anatomy doesn't have two bends at those joints... just one. They look so unnatural, unless it is a robot character or something.
    I sense a lot (LOT) of verbal gymnastics in Brian Flynn's explanation about articulation. I totally get the concerns about not being able to chrome PVC and frankly chromed figures always look a little goofy and cheap to me. That said, I'm not buying his argument about limiting double-jointed elbows/knees as an aesthetic decision. In my humble opinion and based on feedback from folks who know Brian's MO, such as Bobby Vala from Valaverse, Brian cuts corners in order to maximize profit. Bobby called out Brian for charging $55 for a $30 figure and as I know nothing about the logistics side of hitting a $30 price point I won't go there, but I can see Bobby's point as I think back over the beats of the various Ultimates figures that S7 has produced. Many have used the older MOTUC buck in order to save on tooling and yet S7 is still charging max dollars, which seems fishy. Sure the Silverhawks figures appear to be using a new buck, but I'm not entirely sure that's true and yet again he's charging $55 per figure. And don't get me started about an $85 price point for a 12" figure. Anyway, back on track. I take most of what Brian says with a grain of salt and a very large grain at that.

If the double-jointed knees and elbows more accurately mimick the natural range of motion, yet the joint itself looks kinda wonky, count me on the side of those who prefer nice-looking limbs over acrobatic range of motion. In general.
    But who knows, once I have them in hand, maybe they look super cool!

It’s also harder to hide some of the joints on Motu characters, since they are often fairly “naked” on arms and legs. For example GI Joe, I guess you have body armor and clothes and pants. With MOTU, so much of the look is about awesome muscles. Which can suffer more from artificial extra hinges...

Heroic Warrior Grayskull Guardsman's Avatar
    What do you guys make of this?

A Walmart listing for a Masterverse Deluxe Faker...

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Masters-o...aker/400431611

Looks like there are batteries involved, too. Glowing eyes/electronics???
    Last edited by Grayskull Guardsman; June 23, 2021 at 08:58am.

Quote Originally Posted by Stygian360 View Post
    I sense a lot (LOT) of verbal gymnastics in Brian Flynn's explanation about articulation. I totally get the concerns about not being able to chrome PVC and frankly chromed figures always look a little goofy and cheap to me. That said, I'm not buying his argument about limiting double-jointed elbows/knees as an aesthetic decision. In my humble opinion and based on feedback from folks who know Brian's MO, such as Bobby Vala from Valaverse, Brian cuts corners in order to maximize profit. Bobby called out Brian for charging $55 for a $30 figure and as I know nothing about the logistics side of hitting a $30 price point I won't go there, but I can see Bobby's point as I think back over the beats of the various Ultimates figures that S7 has produced. Many have used the older MOTUC buck in order to save on tooling and yet S7 is still charging max dollars, which seems fishy. Sure the Silverhawks figures appear to be using a new buck, but I'm not entirely sure that's true and yet again he's charging $55 per figure. And don't get me started about an $85 price point for a 12" figure. Anyway, back on track. I take most of what Brian says with a grain of salt and a very large grain at that.
    For a large muscular buck like Ultimate! and Classics, single jointed elbows and kness are really aesthetically pleasing. And do not look so far in comparison, just look at Skelegod elbows and knees to see how large a chunk of mass that missing to accomodate that double elbows and knees.The arms doesn't even bent significally compared to motuc elbow for Skelegod.

Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

I am on the side of having the figure look more aesthetically pleasing vs having super amazing articulation. I'm glad I'm not a Marvel or DC collector, because that "super awesome" articulation on Marvel Legends looks terrible to me, and ruins the look of the figures.

I feel like a company like NECA has done well with some of these articulation points, particularly on their TMNT Toon line. But overall, double-jointed knees and elbows don't look great to me. The chest cut is really hit-or-miss - I think it looks particularly terrible, though, when the figure is wearing clothes and the cut is right in the middle of the shirt or jacket, or even worse - in the middle of a tie. Why would you want to swivel your figure's chest and have two halves of a tie in different spots? And then there is that egregious thigh cut where if you turn it, the thigh looks absolutely cut in half, and not natural looking at all. Why people would want to pose their figures to look this unnatural is beyond me.
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

Well, all I can say is that a Faker makes complete sense. I figure before the Revelation product is done with, we'll get at least all of the core villains and heroes- (i.e., Trap jaw, Faker, Fisto, Roboto, etc.) I hope they'll go deep and do more obscure characters like Rio blast, Snake Face, etc., but who knows.

So that ugly Skeletor and battle cat are only at target first.

And regular line at walmart.

That should go over well

I don’t see anything that says batteries in the listing? Where did you see that, out of curiosity?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by banthafett View Post
    So that ugly Skeletor and battle cat are only at target first.

And regular line at walmart.

That should go over well
    Was there a press release? Where did you hear this?

Opiate of the Masses anytimepally's Avatar
    I don’t see anything that says batteries in the listing? Where did you see that, out of curiosity?
    It's in the Specifications in the listing. It says "Contained Battery Type" and the number 1.

Heroic Warrior

I'm hyped for this. I'm just gonna cherrypick this line, but I'm a sucker for things that light up