Page 2 of 83 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 2065

Thread: Masterverse Coming 2021 (Wave 1 Revealed!)

  1. #26
    The First Avenger Megalodon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Golden Age
    Posts
    5,740
    Quote Originally Posted by heavy-eternium View Post
    They are presenting a brand new line .......and we still talking about classics????? ........pleeeeeeeeeeease!!!!!
    Really? Classics unfortunately is

  2. #27
    In disguise! Barbecue17's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Shelby, NC
    Posts
    2,792
    This just keeps getting more and more amazing! Doesn't that packaging say Moss Man? Whoohoo!
    I serve up lots of hot, fresh action figure reviews on Action Figure Barbecue!


    "We have a Ram-Man!"

  3. #28
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    1,124
    Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    I mean, this is basically Classics with better articulation and a new name. At least they didn't pull a McFarlane DC Multiverse and change the scale or anything.

  4. #29
    Heroic Warrior Baedal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    460
    The Four horsemen are involved?

  5. #30
    Heroic Warrior Grayskull Guardsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    STL Metro East
    Posts
    1,432
    Just like DC Multiverse meshed well with DC Universe Classics, I hope this new line meshes with MOTUC. To the point of even releasing Classics and Club Grayskull molded figures in the line. Needs me a Club Grayskull Ram Man and Leech!

  6. #31
    Council Elder zodak74's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Point Dread
    Posts
    15,711
    Quote Originally Posted by heavy-eternium View Post
    They are presenting a brand new line .......and we still talking about classics????? ........pleeeeeeeeeeease!!!!!
    Right? LOL!

    I am blown away by this news... I really thought if Revelations had action figures associated with it, that they would be sort of pared-down, marketing to a much younger audience style of toys. I wasn't expecting them to target the adult collector in a retail line, so I am quite excited by this!
    And, honestly, I think whatever these are- they'll look as fine with your Classics figures as Super7 Dolph Lundgren He-Man from the movie looks next to your Classics Teela.

  7. #32
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Hellbourne, Australia
    Posts
    2,352
    Quote Originally Posted by dorrmann View Post
    From what I gathered, these will be somewhat of a "multiverse" line, with the first being in the Revelations style, and they will go alongside Classics.

    They didn't say this, and it's pure speculation on my part, but I would guess that each "wave" will be from a different cannon.
    That's EXACTLY what I gathered from it. I'm SUPER excited about this line!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    Right? LOL!

    I am blown away by this news... I really thought if Revelations had action figures associated with it, that they would be sort of pared-down, marketing to a much younger audience style of toys. I wasn't expecting them to target the adult collector in a retail line, so I am quite excited by this!
    And, honestly, I think whatever these are- they'll look as fine with your Classics figures as Super7 Dolph Lundgren He-Man from the movie looks next to your Classics Teela.
    Agree with everything you said!
    Wanted in MOTUC: 1) Masks of Power Demons 2) Mini-Comics Tri-Klops 3) Hoove 4) Vintage Attack Trak 5) Leech (Club Grayskull)
    Like Shock Rock? Check out my band: www.reverbnation.com/massrejection

  8. #33
    Master of fear Drunken Fist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Petal, Mississippi
    Posts
    6,471
    This line sounds awesome to me! Hopefully they're Classics-compatible, but even if they're not, I'm interested. The Classics articulation model was outdated even when it debuted, so it's long overdue for an overhaul. I would like to be able to easily share accessories and heads between the two lines, though.

  9. #34
    Argenternian heavy-eternium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    BUENOS AIRES,ARGENTINA,SOUTH OF HEAVEN
    Posts
    2,247
    The silhouettes looks kind of 200x style ,don't they?

  10. #35
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    161
    So with this being more along to their DC multiverse line in theory, that should mean BAF as well right?

    I'd be down with them filling out some of these lesser knowns that way. Start with sagittar

  11. #36
    Heroic Warrior Krueger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    England, UK
    Posts
    4,691
    Sounds awesome. I just want to see the Revelation character models already.

  12. #37
    Heroic Warrior T-man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    N.W. Indiana
    Posts
    1,117
    Quote Originally Posted by heavy-eternium View Post
    The silhouettes looks kind of 200x style ,don't they?
    It looks like that to me and I am crazy excited. Looks like silhouettes from Gbagok art which is AMAZING!
    MYP SKELETOR , Kay-la, ABC GIANTS, MYP Evil-lyn, MYP Sorceress, MYP Captain Miro, Queen Andreeno ,MYP King Randor, MYP or Dc Tri-Klops, MYP Squeeeze, General Rattlor, MYP Roboto

  13. #38
    Heroic Warrior Grayskull Guardsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    STL Metro East
    Posts
    1,432
    Quote Originally Posted by Magna Prime View Post
    So with this being more along to their DC multiverse line in theory, that should mean BAF as well right?

    I'd be down with them filling out some of these lesser knowns that way. Start with sagittar
    Build a figures would be great!

  14. #39
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Chicago area
    Posts
    872
    Could be cool if they go beyond the core characters but still say there’s room for Super7 to continue Classics.

  15. #40
    Heroic Dad, Teacher, Nerd Uki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    The Woodlands,Tx
    Posts
    13,166
    This could be cool, but I need to see more and know more before I get thrilled.
    MOTU Origins Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Anti-Eternia Characters, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

    Instagram: Just_Thommy
    Hermione's Toy Box on Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8C...xlwUttPSJAUZMA

  16. #41
    Heroic Warrior miscus555's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Posts
    784
    they kinda have to follow the style of the animation right? so maybe that's where the sculpt change is compared to classics

    classics will be the only set that made all original characters. Origins will never get there especially when they start pumping out 10 different he-mans while never re-releasing the original one.
    LOOKING for these MOTU Full Cardbacks:
    -Skeletor w/"original" promo on front
    -Man E Faces w/ "extra weapons" promo on front
    -Trap Jaw w/o Ring Promo on front & newer figures pictured on back
    -Tri Klops w/o Ring Promo on front & newer figures pictured on back
    & Mantisaur Empty Box (USA) Version

  17. #42
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    1,124
    Quote Originally Posted by miscus555 View Post
    they kinda have to follow the style of the animation right? so maybe that's where the sculpt change is compared to classics

    classics will be the only set that made all original characters. Origins will never get there especially when they start pumping out 10 different he-mans while never re-releasing the original one.
    Regular He-Man and Skeletor are endless stock. Like, they won't discontinue them.

  18. #43
    Heroic Warrior Tyger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    950
    Hmmm I guess I didn't understand what MOTU Revelations was going to be. I thought it was going to tell a new story in the filmation universe using those character designs, but these silhouettes obviously look like redesigns; I think I see Fisto, Trap Jaw, He-Ro maybe?, a new lanky Tri-Klops, Man-at-Arms, Teela, Clawful in cargo pants?, and I'll say Zodac?

    I'll need to see the actual art style before knowing how excited to be, but after hearing the creators today talk about how great the show is turning out, I'm really looking forward to seeing more. I already have a large vintage collection, and now MOTUC, but if these redesigns are cool I'll probably want them too, and this will be out at the same time as Origins.

    How much MOTU is too much MOTU? I only have so much space/money.

  19. #44
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    NoVA
    Posts
    111
    Just before Masterverse/Revelations was introduced they clearly said Classics “remains on the back burner” for now and acknowledged that they’re listening to fans. Pixel Dan asked if doors were still open and I believe it was Josh Graham that answered “doors are open, lips are sealed”.

    All indications are that Classics isn’t dead but on hiatus as Mattel has stated for months, IMHO.

  20. #45
    Heroic Warrior Durendal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    2,531
    Quote Originally Posted by Hissto View Post
    Just before Masterverse/Revelations was introduced they clearly said Classics “remains on the back burner” for now and acknowledged that they’re listening to fans. Pixel Dan asked if doors were still open and I believe it was Josh Graham that answered “doors are open, lips are sealed”.

    All indications are that Classics isn’t dead but on hiatus as Mattel has stated for months, IMHO.
    Just gotta keep pestering Mattel until they get the message. Nobody asked for yet another new line with the same dozen core characters for the umpteenth time. Classics fans didn't invest thousands of dollars over more than ten years in order to be asked to shill out more hard earned cash for the same predictable line-up. We want figures of characters we haven't had before, in Classics style. Not interested in this and won't be buying it.

  21. #46
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    NoVA
    Posts
    111
    Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    Just gotta keep pestering Mattel until they get the message. Nobody asked for yet another new line with the same dozen core characters for the umpteenth time. Classics fans didn't invest thousands of dollars over more than ten years in order to be asked to shill out more hard earned cash for the same predictable line-up. We want figures of characters we haven't had before, in Classics style. Not interested in this and won't be buying it.
    As others have speculated, I think Classics becomes part of this line. The line is called Masterverse not Revelations—- it appears the start of the line is a direct tie-in to the Kevin Smith Netflix series but future waves will include versions of MotU from other continuities within the canon. I think the Masters of the Multiverse comic was an introduction to this direction.

  22. #47
    Court Magician
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    67
    Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    Just gotta keep pestering Mattel until they get the message. Nobody asked for yet another new line with the same dozen core characters for the umpteenth time. Classics fans didn't invest thousands of dollars over more than ten years in order to be asked to shill out more hard earned cash for the same predictable line-up. We want figures of characters we haven't had before, in Classics style. Not interested in this and won't be buying it.
    Amen. When we are so close to completely finishing things up. The missing New Adventures figures Sagitar, Nocturna, Vizar, Artilla, Spinwit, Kano, Masters Sebrian, Butthead, Staghorn, Lizzor, Hoove, Crystoll; Lady Slither, Vypor Stretch Neck and Quick Flick for the Snake Men; Admiral Scurvey, Colonel Blast and False Face for the Horde; the Twiggets, Joya, Josh, Red Knight for the Rebellion; Miro, Queen Andreeno, Lieutenat Andra, Garth, Kol-Darr for the Masters, then there’s a bunch of independent villains I want for my Council Of Evil Shezar, Kothos, Negator, Game Master, Slave Master, Hunga, Sultra, Crimson Countess, Great Black Wizard, General Tataran, Anghast, Aramesch.

    I’d really like to see Sharella, Red Shadow, Gladiator, and Bandwidth to fill out the Powers of Grayskull, and we need Skeleteen and the unique Son of He-Man characters as well as the create a character runner ups and I’ll be happy

  23. #48
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    1,124
    Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    Just gotta keep pestering Mattel until they get the message. Nobody asked for yet another new line with the same dozen core characters for the umpteenth time. Classics fans didn't invest thousands of dollars over more than ten years in order to be asked to shill out more hard earned cash for the same predictable line-up. We want figures of characters we haven't had before, in Classics style. Not interested in this and won't be buying it.
    The amount of people who are interested in big ***** robot from polish comic books, Italian fish woman, and one off characters from NA aren't nearly enough to support a retail line. I imagine we might see some of them in the future, but putting a MOTU line at retail without the core cast is suicide. Also, I don't see how these are any different from Club Grayskull, the canned 200X figures, or the movie figures. Like, they're based on an equally valid piece of MOTU media. And like, I bet in future waves we'll get characters who haven't had figures before (Andra, Illeena, and "Priestess" are all characters who haven't had figures before and are main cast members in Revelations).

    Idk, the problem is that Classics got so deep that literally anyone but the hardest of the hardcore fans probably can't identity any potential future characters.

    Also, you can't just put Classics at retail without He-Man or the other core cast members. Like, the core 8 figures are ungodly expensive now, and that's enough to scare off new customers.

  24. #49
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    1,360
    Quote Originally Posted by Hissto View Post
    As others have speculated, I think Classics becomes part of this line. The line is called Masterverse not Revelations—- it appears the start of the line is a direct tie-in to the Kevin Smith Netflix series but future waves will include versions of MotU from other continuities within the canon. I think the Masters of the Multiverse comic was an introduction to this direction.
    Yes I agree. Rob David basically said in the MOTU Multiverse panel that they were using that Multiverse concept to launch the next phase of the MOTU brand.

  25. #50
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    NoVA
    Posts
    111
    Quote Originally Posted by BooperScoop View Post
    Also, you can't just put Classics at retail without He-Man or the other core cast members. Like, the core 8 figures are ungodly expensive now, and that's enough to scare off new customers.
    This is true of every successful perennially produced toy line: Star Wars, Transforners, Marvel, etc. Classics can continue as a subline, and I sincerely hope that it does, but the brand’s focus on branching out is a positive not a negative.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •