Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Masterverse Coming 2021 (Wave 1 Revealed!)

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by DC_WARLORD View Post
    Some people on FB think it's just the MONDO version, but I hope it's a Masterverse prototype. It definitely looks better than the previous pic we saw. The loincloths and heads are completely different.
    It's really strange. I used the Lego Batman Movie CMF Orca minifigure for reference, as that's about two inches tall. This thing is probably about 9 1/2 inches tall, too big for Masterverse (which is seven inches), yet too small for Mondo. Also, the loincloth wouldn't be accurate to Mondo.

I think this might be something totally different, although idk what that could be.

https://imgur.com/a/vvQfABr

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, there are variables that could skew this in either direction. So idk, odds are it's Masterverse unless this guy got a custom loincloth. It might be a non-Revelations He-Man

Opiate of the Masses anytimepally's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BooperScoop View Post
    It's really strange. I used the Lego Batman Movie CMF Orca minifigure for reference, as that's about two inches tall. This thing is probably about 9 1/2 inches tall, too big for Masterverse (which is seven inches), yet too small for Mondo. Also, the loincloth wouldn't be accurate to Mondo.

We'e heard Masterverse is getting an "Oversized Skeletor," in addition to the 7". Maybe this is an Oversized He-Man to go with it?

I don't think itís the Mondo one. The harness is different, as well as the head.

Some people on FB think it's just the MONDO version, but I hope it's a Masterverse prototype. It definitely looks better than the previous pic we saw. The loincloths and heads are completely different.
    Those people are high.
    That is definitely NOT the Mondo He-Man
    Clearing out Classics, Super7 and vintage MOTU & PoP figures... check out my threads in the Marketplace for Fisto, Sorceress, BA variants, SDCC exclusives and more!

Heroic Warrior
    How tall is that batman in rhe far back on the right?

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Yeah, I'm trying to work out the height of this thing.

Heroic Warrior Grayskull Guardsman's Avatar
    Super Powers Firestorm is right there. That He-man seems taller than 7 inches.

If it's a prototype, I guess the size doesn't matter, no pun intended.
    Last edited by DC_WARLORD; April 20, 2021 at 01:09am.
    Odd Man Out

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    They're releasing a larger scale Skeletor in wave 1, so perhaps this He-Man is part of the larger deluxe line.
    MOTU Origins Wishlist: Oo-Larr, Rattlor, Hawke, Slamurai, Lodar, Snake Face, Geldor, Plasmar, Lord Gr'Asp, Strobo, Extendar, Jitsu, Tung Lashor

Heroic Warrior Lazer Force Zodac's Avatar
    i'm worried about this line.

everyone is going crazy for orgins & spending a lot of money on it. some people are now getting angry about the rise of evil exclusive & other distribution problems.

by the time masterverse is released, i think a lot of people will be too invested in origins to spend even more money buying masterverse & other people will be so annoyed at the availability of orgins that they won't bother with masterverse.
    PoP Figures have to be based on the Vintage toys! This is NOT Filmation's Masters Of The Universe Classics MySpace Custom Blog

Yeah, unless Mattel gets their distribution problems under control there really isn't even a point in having a second MOTU line come out.

"Origins" essentially just started and a lot of people are already giving up on it because they can't find them in stores and the online pre-orders keep getting pushed back. ALL of that is on Mattel.

At first I was excited when I heard they were coming out with not one, but two new MOTU toy lines. Now I think they're insane. And possibly making a huge mistake. They can't even handle ONE line properly. And the Masterverse toys don't even look very good. So yeah, I don't know what they're thinking, but I'm a lot less optimistic than I was even three months ago.
    My matches, toy reviews, promos and more are on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA

I think this might be something totally different, although idk what that could be.

https://imgur.com/a/vvQfABr

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, there are variables that could skew this in either direction. So idk, odds are it's Masterverse unless this guy got a custom loincloth. It might be a non-Revelations He-Man
    What ever the figure is it looks awesome.

I actually decided to stop colelcting Origins and will just get Masterverse.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazer Force Zodac View Post
    by the time masterverse is released, i think a lot of people will be too invested in origins to spend even more money buying masterverse & other people will be so annoyed at the availability of orgins that they won't bother with masterverse.
    You make a logical and sensible and point. Every single day I see people on FB saying they are giving up on Origins. Why should they even be excited about Masterverse??

Heck....even Kevin Smith made a joke about it in a podcast, saying that once Masterverse comes out, the fans can go to stores and 'not be able to find the Masterverse versions'.
    Last edited by DC_WARLORD; April 22, 2021 at 04:16pm.
    Odd Man Out

You make a logical and sensible and point. Every single day I see people on FB saying they are giving up on Origins. Why should they even be excited about Masterverse??

Heck....even Kevin Smith made a joke about it in a podcast, saying that once Masterverse comes out, the fans can go to stores and 'not be able to find the Masterverse versions'.
    It's like none of those people have ever heard of BBTS...

Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    It's like none of those people have ever heard of BBTS...
    I speak for nobody but myself, but according to many on FB, BBTS is just too slow at fulfilling orders, and they want everything NOW. Granted, I do think that BBTS has been overwhelmed by orders, but eventually, they will get them out there. The problem is that some people want stuff the instant they see it. Mix that with all the scalping and hoarding, and it makes a big, ugly mess.

One guy even posted that if the figures are not allowed to be put out on the floor until the 'street date', the managers will let you have them if you throw a big enough tantrum in the store.

I just can't imagine why grown men who collect toys would ever have bad reputations. Sigh....
    Last edited by DC_WARLORD; April 22, 2021 at 06:41pm.
    Odd Man Out

I never thought about mastersverse this way but what if it was an all inclusive type deal, a way for them to get the most relevent figures , a 7 inch line tied towards the newest media, revelations, and get the main characters out, but like the multiverse comic, the many looks of MOTU are all included in this, so us classics collectors could look at getting our collections finished, while other versions of other figures could come out in say 200x form, etc,etc. That would be brillant on Mattels part, as they hone in on all the different colectors and possible rope people into buying new stuff. Do I think Mattel is doing that, wishful thinking, but think its a great strategy!

Quote Originally Posted by facet View Post
    I never thought about mastersverse this way but what if it was an all inclusive type deal, a way for them to get the most relevent figures , a 7 inch line tied towards the newest media, revelations, and get the main characters out....
    In one of his videos, Toy Guru seemed to believe that Masterverse will be mostly A-Listers, followed by variants of said A-Listers, so you may be on to something.
    Odd Man Out

I think Mattel is missing the point of mass-market retail action figures...

I have been waiting months to see a figure, any figure, other than He-Man and Skeletor at my local Wally world or Target.

So far, nothing.

From reports that I read on other forums and fan sites, it is a similar case all over the country.

Imagine if it was like this back in the early 80's... MOTU might not have been as big a deal because NOBODY would have them!

If this is the case with Masterverse... it will be like 200X all over again, but twice as bad...
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Looking forward to the Netflix Era<<

Heroic Warrior
    In one of his videos, Toy Guru seemed to believe that Masterverse will be mostly A-Listers, followed by variants of said A-Listers, so you may be on to something.
    I have always felt you can't really tier MOTU characters as readily as you can with properties like Star Wars and DC. As a kid, my favorite figures were Two Bad and Mantenna. My brother's was Jitsu. My son's is Ninjor. Pixel Dan's was Mosquitor. I think if you polled 1000 DC fans on who their favorite character is, you'd find most of the answers centered around a handful of characters whereas if you did the same for MOTU you'd have a more widespread variety. We all know who the A-listers are considered to be, but that's really more based on how frequently they were featured than perhaps how favored they actually were to us as kids vs other characters.

My point is that Mattel needs to go wide vs variants of the same rotation of characters. The proof is in Origins sales. Other than He-Man and Skeletor, there aren't any pegwarmers.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    I think Mattel is missing the point of mass-market retail action figures...

I have been waiting months to see a figure, any figure, other than He-Man and Skeletor at my local Wally world or Target.

So far, nothing.

From reports that I read on other forums and fan sites, it is a similar case all over the country.

Imagine if it was like this back in the early 80's... MOTU might not have been as big a deal because NOBODY would have them!

If this is the case with Masterverse... it will be like 200X all over again, but twice as bad...
    I mean, this isn't just a MOTU problem. The only action figures I ever see on pegs are Frog Man, Kuiil, Jar Jar, a bunch of random TVC figures, wrestlers, He-Man, Skeletor, Adam, Battle Cat, and whichever McFarlane Bat-variant my stores overstocked on.

Heroic slave of time man-at-work's Avatar
    I remember those childhood days when you went to the toystore and had plenty of characters to pick from. Only once I went to a major department store and to my surprise you could only find He-Man and Teela, a lot of them, that told me that clearly the more exotic characters were the preference for kids, I'm talking about the age of the "first 8". But I was happy anyways, because I went for He-Man (my first was Man-at-arms). But yeah, it's frustrating to go to the toy store and never find what it's supposedly be the result of a "huge" investment of Mattel to revive MOTU.

By the way, if Masterverse is scheduled for this summer (as this thread's title states), shouldn't we be seeing advertising, production samples or ANYTHING about them? (I know we saw a leaked image, but honestly I'm not sure what we saw). Maybe I'm not aware of big things happening in the US (commercials, etc.) but I don't see that huge movement some people talk about, I just see some toys with a rather poor distribution, and that's all, I don't see the BOOM or the "this is our big bet on our beloved property", just something circumstantial, a modest opportunity. Again, that's just from my point of view which might be totally wrong because I'm not in the US.
    Wish list of MOTUC figures: Sagitar, Red Beast, Red Shadow, Hans Hammerholder, Ra-Jar

I mean, this isn't just a MOTU problem. The only action figures I ever see on pegs are Frog Man, Kuiil, Jar Jar, a bunch of random TVC figures, wrestlers, He-Man, Skeletor, Adam, Battle Cat, and whichever McFarlane Bat-variant my stores overstocked on.
    Not to thread-drift, but I found Savage Worlds Street Fighter figures at Books-A-Million this week. Didn’t know they were a thing.

I bought two because a.) I can’t find any of the Orko, Man-E-Faces, Scareglow line (I’ve been lucky with the others), and b.) Ryu and Chun-Li were offered as skins for Fortnite a month ago and it got my son interested in Street Fighter (and fighter games in general). He’s already into MOTU! MOTU and Street Fighter is a good fit!

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    I was in a Walmart in Lawton, OK yesterday and they only had tags for He-Man and Skeletor, four full pegs for each! So some stores may have doomed themselves.
    MASTERS OF THE SMITTYVERSE
    My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 5/8/2021

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty.81 View Post
    I was in a Walmart in Lawton, OK yesterday and they only had tags for He-Man and Skeletor, four full pegs for each! So some stores may have doomed themselves.
    I don't get this.

Seriously, MOTU is more than He-Man and Skeletor... this line has so many SKUs, why aren't stores stocking the others??
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Looking forward to the Netflix Era<<

This YouTuber has an interesting theory:

Odd Man Out