Page 3 of 137 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 3422

Thread: Masterverse Toyline Discussion Thread

  1. #51
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    1,357
    Quote Originally Posted by motucfan4life View Post
    Amen. When we are so close to completely finishing things up. The missing New Adventures figures Sagitar, Nocturna, Vizar, Artilla, Spinwit, Kano, Masters Sebrian, Butthead, Staghorn, Lizzor, Hoove, Crystoll; Lady Slither, Vypor Stretch Neck and Quick Flick for the Snake Men; Admiral Scurvey, Colonel Blast and False Face for the Horde; the Twiggets, Joya, Josh, Red Knight for the Rebellion; Miro, Queen Andreeno, Lieutenat Andra, Garth, Kol-Darr for the Masters, then there’s a bunch of independent villains I want for my Council Of Evil Shezar, Kothos, Negator, Game Master, Slave Master, Hunga, Sultra, Crimson Countess, Great Black Wizard, General Tataran, Anghast, Aramesch.

    I’d really like to see Sharella, Red Shadow, Gladiator, and Bandwidth to fill out the Powers of Grayskull, and we need Skeleteen and the unique Son of He-Man characters as well as the create a character runner ups and I’ll be happy
    Bruh, just think about this for a second. Josh, a character from one POP minicomic who does nothing but hang out with Bow in a very homoerotic manner is one the list of characters needed to finish the lineup. He has no discernable character traits outside of wearing purple. I don't think he even had any lines. Let's face it, MOTUC ran out of cool characters a long time ago.

    Also, this line existing doesn't mean we won't get any of them (minus Josh, I doubt we'll ever see Josh). Like, Andra is very likely (if the first few waves are Revelations themed, I bet we'll get her as she's in the show's core cast). I also wouldn't be surprised if we get some NA stuff (and with the way this line is set up, I'm willing to bet we'll see BAF, and Saggitar would be a perfect NA BAF).

  2. #52
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    343
    Well, whether Classics continues as part of this line is semantics, imho. The Classics that everbody is thinking of is surely "over" - I just don't see Mattel resurrecting that old design and sell it at *that* price point. Just not happening. And as others have said, Classics had an amazing run, but there just isn't anything left that would have a wider appeal (and would thus be a viable business strategy) outside of a very hardcore but small circle of die-hard fans. And I simply don't see Mattel allowing another 7" line to exist if they are just planning to come out with this stuff.

    That said, I am curious as to what their thought process was with Masterverse - considering that MOTU:O is *just* hitting retailers, and won't have a wider release until Q1 2021. Seems like they would cannibalize into their own product line with this, giving that it is surely not a "high end" collectors product, but more akin to Marvel Legends or SW:Black Series.
    Last edited by Lasastard; August 10, 2020 at 01:32am.

  3. #53
    Widget TopToysLand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    14
    This is how 30 points of articulation looks like.

    T3XxGp3.jpg

  4. #54
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Hellbourne, Australia
    Posts
    2,353
    Quote Originally Posted by Hissto View Post
    As others have speculated, I think Classics becomes part of this line. The line is called Masterverse not Revelations—- it appears the start of the line is a direct tie-in to the Kevin Smith Netflix series but future waves will include versions of MotU from other continuities within the canon. I think the Masters of the Multiverse comic was an introduction to this direction.
    I think you've hit the nail on the head with this.
    Wanted in MOTUC: 1) Masks of Power Demons 2) Mini-Comics Tri-Klops 3) Hoove 4) Vintage Attack Trak 5) Leech (Club Grayskull)
    Like Shock Rock? Check out my band: www.reverbnation.com/massrejection

  5. #55
    Widget snikt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    23
    It's too early to say that Classics might be back.

    But if you take a look into the Eye of Agamotto, Masterverse might be the only possible (realistic) way to get the remaining Classics characters. So, we're on the right track.

  6. #56
    Heroic Warrior motogp_fanatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    2,585
    Quote Originally Posted by Fright Zone View Post
    Sounds cool, can’t wait to hear more.

    But unless it’s a direct continuation of Classics, which means styling and sculpting which fits in seamlessly, and provides characters we don’t already have, then no, it won’t necessarily make Classics fans happy.
    As much as the news is nice and about a 7inches line, you are right, it will not make Classics fans happy. MOC collector more so. There is something special in a MOTUC buck that makes everything seamless. It only needs some proportionality difference and it simply won't mesh well.

    The only thing I can be glad with the news is that unmade vehicles and playsets and beast might be used for Classics (hope aesthetically it mesh well).

    I'm happy for those who are happy with the news.

    On a personal note, I just felt that I was left by the MOTU bus as they off to a big party and grand endeavours. Well I still have some characters to hunt from the past so I guess that where my energy and funds will go.

    Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

  7. #57
    Heroic Warrior Webstor's Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    427
    There's NO reason to NOT think Masterverse is DC Multiverse but for MOTU. That said: They used DCUC (the line that preceded DC Multiverse) bucks AND they used MOTUC bucks in DC Multiverse. So, there's NO reason to NOT think they'll be using MOTU Classics bucks throughout the Masterverse line. Is it possible I'm wrong? Sure. But from precedence, chances are that I'm correct.
    There's a YT channel "PlayerDez" --- a toy-related show I help with... and here's a link to a He-Man parody video LIVING IN ETERNIA part 1 on it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6ySlu94Yfg This video is currently being re-edited for a full re-release in 2021. Shout-out to animator He-Bro!
    GOOD JOURNEY, ORGERS!

  8. #58
    Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Birmingham, UK
    Posts
    6,943
    Quote Originally Posted by Hissto View Post
    As others have speculated, I think Classics becomes part of this line. The line is called Masterverse not Revelations—- it appears the start of the line is a direct tie-in to the Kevin Smith Netflix series but future waves will include versions of MotU from other continuities within the canon. I think the Masters of the Multiverse comic was an introduction to this direction.
    Exactly.

    Once Revelation is done, Mattel could release some other series under the "MASTERVERSE" line - Club Grayskull, Classics/Ultimates, Mini Comic, Multiverse, 200X, Pop etc...

    I'm really excited and glad they are doing this, I cannot wait for the Revelation series to hit and the toys to come out.
    MOTU Origins Wishlist: Oo-Larr, Rattlor, Hawke, Slamurai, Lodar, Snake Face, Geldor, Plasmar, Lord Gr'Asp, Strobo, Extendar, Jitsu, Tung Lashor

  9. #59
    Anti-Bot oansun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Land of Kentuck
    Posts
    210
    Quote Originally Posted by Webstor's Ghost View Post
    There's NO reason to NOT think Masterverse is DC Multiverse but for MOTU. That said: They used DCUC (the line that preceded DC Multiverse) bucks AND they used MOTUC bucks in DC Multiverse. So, there's NO reason to NOT think they'll be using MOTU Classics bucks throughout the Masterverse line. Is it possible I'm wrong? Sure. But from precedence, chances are that I'm correct.
    In for Bow and New Adventures guys on a DCUC buck

  10. #60
    Heroic Warrior Webstor's Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    427
    Quote Originally Posted by oansun View Post
    In for Bow and New Adventures guys on a DCUC buck
    I wasn't considering that as a possibility because I've always viewed DC Multiverse as a 6-inch scale line and when MOTUC bucks were used in DC Multiverse, it was for larger characters. But ya never know.
    There's a YT channel "PlayerDez" --- a toy-related show I help with... and here's a link to a He-Man parody video LIVING IN ETERNIA part 1 on it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6ySlu94Yfg This video is currently being re-edited for a full re-release in 2021. Shout-out to animator He-Bro!
    GOOD JOURNEY, ORGERS!

  11. #61
    Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Birmingham, UK
    Posts
    6,943
    Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    Just gotta keep pestering Mattel until they get the message. Nobody asked for yet another new line with the same dozen core characters for the umpteenth time. Classics fans didn't invest thousands of dollars over more than ten years in order to be asked to shill out more hard earned cash for the same predictable line-up. We want figures of characters we haven't had before, in Classics style. Not interested in this and won't be buying it.
    Speak for yourself, I purchased MOTUC to enjoy it and knew it would end one day, I love my collection and cherish it but its so big already, I'm ready for something new.

    A new line based on the Revelation series makes perfect sense, it is to support a cartoon and will be available at retail for the public to buy, the majority won't have collected MOTUC, so the main characters will be needed to be released again. It's all about pushing the brand forward.

    A lineup with Kayo, Josh, Hans Hammer Holder, Butt-Head, Joya, Tug-O-War would die at retail and would only cater to a small minority of fans.

    I would love to get Sagitar, Lady Slither, Miro etc one day in the future, but I don't think now is the time.
    MOTU Origins Wishlist: Oo-Larr, Rattlor, Hawke, Slamurai, Lodar, Snake Face, Geldor, Plasmar, Lord Gr'Asp, Strobo, Extendar, Jitsu, Tung Lashor

  12. #62
    Anti-Bot oansun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Land of Kentuck
    Posts
    210
    Quote Originally Posted by BooperScoop View Post
    Bruh, just think about this for a second. Josh, a character from one POP minicomic who does nothing but hang out with Bow in a very homoerotic manner is one the list of characters needed to finish the lineup. He has no discernable character traits outside of wearing purple. I don't think he even had any lines. Let's face it, MOTUC ran out of cool characters a long time ago.

    Also, this line existing doesn't mean we won't get any of them (minus Josh, I doubt we'll ever see Josh). Like, Andra is very likely (if the first few waves are Revelations themed, I bet we'll get her as she's in the show's core cast). I also wouldn't be surprised if we get some NA stuff (and with the way this line is set up, I'm willing to bet we'll see BAF, and Saggitar would be a perfect NA BAF).
    I mean, I guess you can dismiss the entirety of his list by just using this as an example?
    It's fine if you don't care about New Adventures, but plenty of us do

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Webstor's Ghost View Post
    I wasn't considering that as a possibility because I've always viewed DC Multiverse as a 6-inch scale line and when MOTUC bucks were used in DC Multiverse, it was for larger characters. But ya never know.
    Mostly a joke, im aware of the size difference

  13. #63
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,957
    It will be interesting to see what this first Revelations-inspired wave and subsequent waves look like. I just hope that Mattel doesn’t end up flooding the market with an overload of He-Man product all at once.

    As for the first wave, I wonder if one of those silhouettes is Queen Teela? I’m guessing so. I was kind of hoping that Teela May have accepted the mantle of the Sorceress in the “sequel” series, but Queen Teela is still pretty cool. And it looks like there is a second female silhouette. I’m guessing Evil-Lyn? But, they could surprise us.

  14. #64
    Heroic Warrior limelitemach1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Ulen, MN United States
    Posts
    137
    Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post
    Speak for yourself, I purchased MOTUC to enjoy it and knew it would end one day, I love my collection and cherish it but its so big already, I'm ready for something new.

    A new line based on the Revelation series makes perfect sense, it is to support a cartoon and will be available at retail for the public to buy, the majority won't have collected MOTUC, so the main characters will be needed to be released again. It's all about pushing the brand forward.

    A lineup with Kayo, Josh, Hans Hammer Holder, Butt-Head, Joya, Tug-O-War would die at retail and would only cater to a small minority of fans.

    I would love to get Sagitar, Lady Slither, Miro etc one day in the future, but I don't think now is the time.

    Easy answer: Let super 7 continue classics. Let them put out figures that origins and the new line will never get deep enough into.
    ILLUMINA TIME! !

  15. #65
    Heroic Warrior Webstor's Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    427
    Quote Originally Posted by oansun View Post
    I mean, I guess you can dismiss the entirety of his list by just using this as an example?
    It's fine if you don't care about New Adventures, but plenty of us do

    - - - Updated - - -



    Mostly a joke, im aware of the size difference
    If the joke is that you're desperate for N/A releases by hook or by crook? As I've stated on this site before... I'm with ya on N/A. I'm for any faction. But because N/A was an actual toyline, I'm longing for N/A gap-fillers more than most.
    There's a YT channel "PlayerDez" --- a toy-related show I help with... and here's a link to a He-Man parody video LIVING IN ETERNIA part 1 on it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6ySlu94Yfg This video is currently being re-edited for a full re-release in 2021. Shout-out to animator He-Bro!
    GOOD JOURNEY, ORGERS!

  16. #66
    Warrior of Evolution 13977's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Nottinghamshire, UK
    Posts
    8,636
    Quote Originally Posted by BooperScoop View Post
    It isn't competition. It's the fact that literally nobody outside of a small group of a thousand, probably less want those. I'm a pretty big fan, and I have no clue who Kothos is, and like, Lady Slither is a new character from a minicomic that came late in MOTUC's lifespan.
    Then why not let Super7 continue MOTUC on the condition they're only allowed to do obscure characters?
    UK MOTU Fan Club Members - Add You Member Name to this Thread

    Wanted:
    MOTUC He-Ro Staff with green gem
    Keshi Mantenna in red

  17. #67
    Heroic Warrior wayne-klops's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Fishers, Indiana
    Posts
    5,263
    Quote Originally Posted by TopToysLand View Post
    This is how 30 points of articulation looks like.

    T3XxGp3.jpg
    I am not a fan of how the arms and legs look on figures like that, so I hope these figures don't end up looking like that.

    Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

  18. #68
    Anti-Bot oansun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Land of Kentuck
    Posts
    210
    Quote Originally Posted by Webstor's Ghost View Post
    If the joke is that you're desperate for N/A releases by hook or by crook? As I've stated on this site before... I'm with ya on N/A. I'm for any faction. But because N/A was an actual toyline, I'm longing for N/A gap-fillers more than most.
    no, just that they are smaller size figures and we didn't have a small male buck in classics and toys reusing bodies hence the reverse of using DCUC bucks in MOTUC.

    Sheesh, drawing stuff out like this just makes it less goofy and fun.

    Giant muscle Bow doesn't work super well

  19. #69
    In disguise! Barbecue17's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Shelby, NC
    Posts
    2,806
    Quote Originally Posted by Webstor's Ghost View Post
    There's NO reason to NOT think Masterverse is DC Multiverse but for MOTU. That said: They used DCUC (the line that preceded DC Multiverse) bucks AND they used MOTUC bucks in DC Multiverse. So, there's NO reason to NOT think they'll be using MOTU Classics bucks throughout the Masterverse line. Is it possible I'm wrong? Sure. But from precedence, chances are that I'm correct.
    I think you (and others) are spot on. With an umbrella line like this Mattel is free to draw from multiple sources without having to constantly rebrand. This does sound exactly like what they did with DC Multiverse from 2016 until last year when they lost the DC license. The DC Multiverse line presented figures from the DCEU films, new comic based figures, classic figures that fit in with DCUC (and its related lines), and even previous smaller lines like the Dark Knight Returns. Revelations is the first significant piece of MOTU media since the 200x cartoon, so it absolutely makes sense that they would want to capitalize on it. By putting it in this line they don't have to be tied down if it isn't as successful as they want it to be nor do they have to rebrand product or reacquire retailer space to change the line. They could easily slip in Filmation/ Club Grayskull, comic based, and MOTUC figures in. They already have those base bodies, too, so it seems a smart bet that we'll see figures using them again. Hasbro uses the same tactic with Marvel Legends and Star Wars: The Black Series and McFarlane Toys with DC Multiverse now as well: An umbrella line that offers up figures from different eras/ media/ etc. It seems like a better idea for today's retailers and markets who are reluctant to carry short-lived lines.
    I serve up lots of hot, fresh action figure reviews on Action Figure Barbecue!


    "We have a Ram-Man!"

  20. #70
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    343
    Quote Originally Posted by limelitemach1 View Post
    Easy answer: Let super 7 continue classics. Let them put out figures that origins and the new line will never get deep enough into.
    Why would S7 even want to? I don't think you have to be a rocket scientist to understand that stuff like the Disney Ultimates and the early lines of TMNT and Thundercats are going to move a lot more units than some third-rank MOTU character ever could. Especially now that MOTU is back on the shelves in force. S7 were lucky they struck that deal for the movie figures and there is still some "wiggle room" in CG regarding "known" characters, maybe. But Classics... some stores still have the Slamurai/Snakemen 3 pack collecting dust, as well as the two last waves of CG. This stuff just doesn't move at that price point ...

    Oh and we all know what would happen if S7 actually did pull out more Classics figures out of their hat, the ********* that would follow the inevtiable shortcomings of the engineering and paint (see TC and TMNT...).

  21. #71
    Cobra Saboteur Firefly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Classified
    Posts
    12,865
    Quote Originally Posted by Lasastard View Post
    Why would S7 even want to? I don't think you have to be a rocket scientist to understand that stuff like the Disney Ultimates and the early lines of TMNT and Thundercats are going to move a lot more units than some third-rank MOTU character ever could. Especially now that MOTU is back on the shelves in force. S7 were lucky they struck that deal for the movie figures and there is still some "wiggle room" in CG regarding "known" characters, maybe. But Classics... some stores still have the Slamurai/Snakemen 3 pack collecting dust, as well as the two last waves of CG. This stuff just doesn't move at that price point ...

    Oh and we all know what would happen if S7 actually did pull out more Classics figures out of their hat, the ********* that would follow the inevtiable shortcomings of the engineering and paint (see TC and TMNT...).
    I think some people overestimate Thundercats' popularity. I don't see that line lasting long. MOTU has a much more hardcore base and a bigger mainstream awareness. Look at how much more MOTU collector items have come out over the years compared to Thundercats. The original Thundercats never came close to the popularity of the other big guns of the 80s like MOTU, Transformers, or G.I. Joe. The 2011 line, both based on the new cartoon and old cartoon, failed at retail. Mattel's collector line didn't go far.

    While some of these Masterverse figures may be end up being close to the Classics look, I'd be surprised if they are exact matches. I think Classics is still pretty much dead.

  22. #72
    Heroic Warrior bigsexy_j's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Winnipeg, MB
    Posts
    1,017
    Any mention of build a figure? The DC multiverse stuff had it

  23. #73
    Heroic Warrior Despondor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Subternia
    Posts
    200
    Frankly, I'd prefer more accessories rather than a build-a-figure piece. I've never really liked the whole concept behind "build-a-figure." It's kind of like the retail version of the subscription model: "Buy all these figures or you won't get this one." I prefer to pick and choose which figures I get; I've never really been a completist. (I collect too many different lines as it is; I'd need a warehouse for all my stuff if I were a completist.)

  24. #74
    Heroic Warrior Webstor's Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    427
    Quote Originally Posted by oansun View Post
    no, just that they are smaller size figures and we didn't have a small male buck in classics and toys reusing bodies hence the reverse of using DCUC bucks in MOTUC.
    Does Lizard Man's buck count as a smaller male buck? Or is this not worth discussing because we're "half-joking" around about the multiple scale potential of this upcoming Multiverse line?

    Quote Originally Posted by oansun View Post
    , drawing stuff out like this just makes it less goofy and fun.
    Makes what "less goofy/fun" exactly?

    These online conversations?

    I'm getting more & more lost on the "jokey" aspect of this conversation the more I read your posts

    Quote Originally Posted by oansun View Post
    Giant muscle Bow doesn't work super well
    By what measure?

    I assume you're using the new She-Ra cartoon as a reference point for this 3 decade old character?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbecue17 View Post
    I think you (and others) are spot on. With an umbrella line like this Mattel is free to draw from multiple sources without having to constantly rebrand. This does sound exactly like what they did with DC Multiverse from 2016 until last year when they lost the DC license. The DC Multiverse line presented figures from the DCEU films, new comic based figures, classic figures that fit in with DCUC (and its related lines), and even previous smaller lines like the Dark Knight Returns. Revelations is the first significant piece of MOTU media since the 200x cartoon, so it absolutely makes sense that they would want to capitalize on it. By putting it in this line they don't have to be tied down if it isn't as successful as they want it to be nor do they have to rebrand product or reacquire retailer space to change the line. They could easily slip in Filmation/ Club Grayskull, comic based, and MOTUC figures in. They already have those base bodies, too, so it seems a smart bet that we'll see figures using them again. Hasbro uses the same tactic with Marvel Legends and Star Wars: The Black Series and McFarlane Toys with DC Multiverse now as well: An umbrella line that offers up figures from different eras/ media/ etc. It seems like a better idea for today's retailers and markets who are reluctant to carry short-lived lines.
    Your more articulated way of expressing this is sincerely appreciated. I think it's a win/win/win going this direction.

    That said: I would love if the MOTU/He-Man brand exceeds expectations in 2021... I mean, it's a real "make or break" time for the franchise, and will determine the level we as fans will benefit from onward....

    ...if it's lackluster, some of us might not enjoy seeing a decent resurgence til we are at the age to have our granchildren playing with the dang toys!
    There's a YT channel "PlayerDez" --- a toy-related show I help with... and here's a link to a He-Man parody video LIVING IN ETERNIA part 1 on it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6ySlu94Yfg This video is currently being re-edited for a full re-release in 2021. Shout-out to animator He-Bro!
    GOOD JOURNEY, ORGERS!

  25. #75
    Heroic Warrior Grayskull Guardsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    STL Metro East
    Posts
    1,546
    Not a big fan of Origins figures, but the packaging is out of this world. I hope they adjust the packaging they showed, it's so bland in comparison.

    And yes, I hope the extra articulation doesn't make figures look ugly. Not a fan of double jointed knees and elbows. (I mean I only have a single elbow and knee joint! )

    And please, NO BUTTERFLY SHOULDERS. Those are always so ugly.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •