Page 31 of 83 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181 ... LastLast

Thread: Masterverse Coming 2021 (Wave 1 Revealed!)

I think Im going to need to see the show before I can understand the Skele-God figure. Kinda put it in context a bit.
    Please check out my custom figures. The first few stink but I get better.

https://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?277602-Masters-of-the-Hadleyverse

I also wrote a fanfic. See the fanfic board. At least four people like it.

After all these years...we finally get a articulated Cringer figure!

cringer.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Cringer_luvr View Post
    Yeah, I'm strictly Classics through and through, but I'm game for a select few items depending on how they might fit in aesthetically with the figures I have so far.

That pic of Battle Cat unmasked seals the deal for me, I'm in.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty.81 View Post
    It would confuse buyers. Not collectors like us not casual buyers that are buying for the child's friend's birthday and can't tell Origins He-Man from Masterverse He-Man from that other He-Man from the other show on Netflix.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    Doesn't seem to confuse people buying Star Wars figures. TVC and the anniversary series both use vintage cardbacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    Doesn't seem to confuse people buying Star Wars figures. TVC and the anniversary series both use vintage cardbacks.
    And the Retro figures.

Ultimately, I find these figures to be.....okay. To me, they are vastly inferior to Classics, and even inferior to Origins. They feel like some other toy line that is trying to make MOTU figures in its style, rather than them feeling like genuine MOTU figures. These official pics definitely make them look better than the initial images we got. Since it's MOTU, I will certainly pick them up, but they will not be a centerpiece of my collection.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

Quote Originally Posted by BooperScoop View Post
    I love these and I can tell I'm going to have a hell of a time trying to keep myself from buying the whole line.

God Skeletor is perfect. I need him at the very least. And let's face it, I'm already hooked and it hasn't come out. This may replace Origins as my MOTU line of choice.
    Because MOTUO and MOTWWEU are so hard to get.... I'm DEFINITELY switching up.

I'd rather scramble for one line that is more "collectible" level toy than the two that are less.

I really like what I'm seeing... and despite them not using MOTUC bucks, I think they'll fit in with MOTUC nicely... and that should result in some of us being really happy to have some new figures to add to our MOTUC displays that are more or less in scale.
    There's a YT channel "PlayerDez" --- a toy-related show I help with... and here's a link to a He-Man parody video LIVING IN ETERNIA part 1 on it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6ySlu94Yfg This video is currently being re-edited for a full re-release in 2021. Shout-out to animator He-Bro!
    GOOD JOURNEY, ORGERS!

Very cool.

I was onboard with these figures from the first crappy photos. I long ago learned not to judge harshly from initial low res images.

Purely as toys, these look good. Lots of unique tooling, modern articulation, and finally designs that are mostly recognizable as the character but slightly new and tweaked like 200X was.

Mossman not being flocked is great. I absolutely love my classics Flocked Mossman, but I don't need that gimmick.

I'm not 100% sure I like Evil Lyn's huge biceps, she's a magic user, not a barbarian or warrior. That just feels wrong to me. But I can get over it.

He-Man, Skeletor, and Battle Cat look awesome.

Skelegod...

Yes Please!!

MOTU appears to be moving forward in terms of toy design. That has to happen if MOTU is going to reach the next generation of kids, as long it doesn't stray too far from the source material.

Heroic Warrior

cringer.jpg
    I'm blown away by how Battle Cat looks super fierce with the helmet and armor, but without, it completely captures the cowardly look of Cringer. That's so well done and I applaud the sculptors who did that (do we know who's sculpting this line?)

cringer.jpg
    Damn it, I really like that Battle Cat now. At the very least I'll pick that up....

Evil Titan of Industry melmoth666's Avatar
    Yeah. Cringer. Big Skeletor for sure. Maybe Moss Man...A nice line to cherry pick.
    Rambo was a documentary filmed in real time.

Definitely much better looking than the leaked pics from a few weeks ago. I'll probably get them.
    My matches, toy reviews, promos and more are on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA

cringer.jpg
    This is the most excitng part for me and will definitely buying battle cat just for Cringer.
    But the aesthetic of the rest on the line unfortunately does not win me over.

I, dutifully, will be getting He-Man and standard Skeletor to represent the line for my personal MOTU collection, as well as the two main ladies, for sure and definitely will not collect everthing from this line.When Sorceress and Orko comes out I'm done. I guess my Classics CG line will remain intact.

I just wish more beast and vehicle and playset is on the line too.

Happy for those who will have a fresh start on collecting MOTU with this Masterverse line.

Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

Not my cup of tea, though all the better because Marvel Legends, Star Wars TBS and Transformers. I am eager to here of more Classics figures released though (and Gods-Willing, re-releases?)

Sooooo, this is what MOTU looks like when they're added to Marvel Legends...

I don't mind the figures, but I don't think that they are everything they could have been.

Even Groot, er, Mossman looks weird... more like 200X Evil Seed than Mossman.

And, I may be in the minority here, but that Super-Saiyan Skeletor looks way too busy... like Disco Skeletor at the Roxbury.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

These look really good.
    I expect I'll be getting them all.
    At least the line looks manageable.

And I really like the Evil Lyn.

I think the unarmoured Battle Cat is a bit too large to be Cringer.
    Personally, I always thought the one we got in Classics was just the right size.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by ToyCulture View Post
    Typically it´s different price points for different kinds of buyers. Quite obviously Origins are aimed towards kids though many adult buyers (many of them who missed Classics) want to believe otherwise.

Question this: Would you still buy Origins if they came in a totally different package that does not remind you of your childhood?
    Maybe the original plan from Mattel was to aim Origins at kids but that's is so not what it is in reality. Adult collectors are collecting Origins for their collections/display....end of. I don't know any kid who even knows who He Man is let alone want to get an Origins figure. Maybe part of us because we are fans wants to believe that kids would be into these but modern children will simply be into whatever their peers are playing with. There may be a tiny minority of kids playing with Origins figures but lets be honest, they were bought for them by their MOTU obsessed dads who told them they would be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Night Ghast View Post
    Maybe the original plan from Mattel was to aim Origins at kids but that's is so not what it is in reality. Adult collectors are collecting Origins for their collections/display....end of. I don't know any kid who even knows who He Man is let alone want to get an Origins figure. Maybe part of us because we are fans wants to believe that kids would be into these but modern children will simply be into whatever their peers are playing with. There may be a tiny minority of kids playing with Origins figures but lets be honest, they were bought for them by their MOTU obsessed dads who told them they would be cool.
    I don't know any kids, but I think if either of the 2 Netflix shows are good then kids might start wanting the figures. I think having a TV show, a movie, or a video game is crucial these days. I believe that back in the old days MOTU didn't really take over the world until the cartoon came out.

There's just so much competition now though. It'll be tough but I really hope everything succeeds here because I want deep toy lines. I desperately want a Sorceress in this line.

I've had this same conversation with TMNT fans, as well as MOTU fans, and I've expressed at length as to why I feel that the approach to try and "Attract new fans at the expense of the old" with regard to things like the upcoming hard-reboot from Netflix and the "Rise of TMNT" cartoon are ultimately flawed endeavors destined to fail. Kids - the ever-elusive "new audience" that these companies are ostensibly reaching for - simply don't CARE about cartoons and action figures that their parents liked 30 years ago. And they still don't care even when a "new version just for them" comes out. We've seen that multiple times across multiple franchises.

How many "new fans" that missed the entire 1980s series but jumped in with "New Adventures of He-Man" became "fans for life" and are still following the property today? How many kids saw He-Man for the very first time in 2003 and are still hardcore fans right now? In either case, it's definitely Some People, but how many compared to the people who've been onboard since 1983 or so? A LOT fewer. Neither reboot successfully built and sustained a "brand new audience" of any measurable significance. The audience is still basically the same exact individuals who were there at the beginning, just older now than they were then.

That's why I think when it comes to handling these brands through various "relaunches", you NEED to entice and satisfy the existing primary audience FIRST, and if you win some new people then that's great. But you can't just assume that Little Timmy will randomly see He-Man on the shelf at Wal-Mart, think he's awesome, and ask his Dad to buy it for him. As has already been pointed out by others, it's far MORE likely that Little Timmy's Dad liked He-Man when HE was a kid and in turn buys the figure hoping his own kid will like it too. Which he might; but in 5 years, Little Timmy probably will have moved on to other things and won't care about He-Man at all anymore, whereas Timmy's Dad still will.

You can't help but notice these things after a while. Especially when it remains true across multiple licensed properties.
    My matches, toy reviews, promos and more are on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA

I really hope these figures do well and I am happy for those who will be collecting them. No complaints here on the designs or anything.

Sadly for me I don't have the space for a brand new line and I prefer the aesthetics of MOTUC.

I worry that every new toyline will just make me want more Classics figures to be honest.
    The Lurkiest

**Somebody please make me a Staghorn**

Although they purposely made more of them, with all the He-Man and Skeletor Origins figures readily available to buy in stores, it might make the new He-Man and Skeletor figures tougher sales especially if the case ratios heavily favor them. I like the Cringer and Mossman, but with a large MOTUC collection and getting some of Origins, I probably won't be collecting the line.

Heroic Warrior
    so Toyark is stating from the press release these will be released June 15th. is that a definite street date that we can go hunt for these? never heard of a street date for heman merchandise before but I hope its true because then they should be a lot easier to track them down. or is this just a rough date on when they should start showing up. but the way its worded it doesn't allude to that, worded more like a star wars movie figure release.

Quote Originally Posted by classic View Post
    so Toyark is stating from the press release these will be released June 15th. is that a definite street date that we can go hunt for these? never heard of a street date for heman merchandise before but I hope its true because then they should be a lot easier to track them down. or is this just a rough date on when they should start showing up. but the way its worded it doesn't allude to that, worded more like a star wars movie figure release.
    There's a good chance it's a legit street date as to avoid spoilers for the show, not that Skelegod doesn't do that already.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    MASTERS OF THE SMITTYVERSE
    My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 10/17/2021

Quote Originally Posted by classic View Post
    That's what the press release states but like all toys and figures they'll likely show up earlier or be on ebay by the end of May.

So, I'm still pretty much where I was from the leaked photos earlier: I'll be getting Moss Man and both Skeletors. There are things I like and don't like about the others, but I feel no real desire to get these specific versions of them. I'm very excited about this line, and eager to see what comes next, particularly beyond the Revelations-themed waves!