Page 39 of 84 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

Thread: Masterverse Coming 2021 (Wave 1 Revealed!)

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Grayskull Guardsman View Post
    That figure looks a lot like the concept Dare from the proposed sequel series. Maybe the He-ro listed in the voice credits is Adam and Teela's son?? Maybe He-man doesn't get sent back to the past, but to the future where he meets his son???
    I was thinking this
    MOTU Origins Wishlist: Oo-Larr, Rattlor, Hawke, Slamurai, Lodar, Snake Face, Geldor, Plasmar, Lord Gr'Asp, Strobo, Extendar, Jitsu, Tung Lashor

Of course, there is also the possibility its not from Revelation at all, but from the Masterverse line, just one of the future waves dealing with another era.

Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    Of course, there is also the possibility its not from Revelation at all, but from the Masterverse line, just one of the future waves dealing with another era.
    Entirely possible.
    Odd Man Out

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by dorrmann View Post
    Amazon put up the listing for the Origins Wind Raider today, but it has a strange pilot. Looks to be a Revelations Oo-Lar from his waist area.

https://i.imgur.com/AqI7Fps.jpg
    My guess is that this is what He-man will look like in the show after the events surrounding God Skeletor. He is just based off of OO-lar's design.

Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    I would love to see Oo-Larr and some of He-Man's other relatives pop up in Masterverse. Captain Miro would be cool to see.
    MASTERS OF THE SMITTYVERSE
    My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 10/17/2021

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty.81 View Post
    I would love to see Oo-Larr and some of He-Man's other relatives pop up in Masterverse. Captain Miro would be cool to see.
    Good choice. I'm totally down for any muscular, badazz looking Warrior Kings with faces that look like they were chisled from stone.
    Odd Man Out

Sorcerer of Night Lord_Of_Destruction's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Grayskull Guardsman View Post
    That figure looks a lot like the concept Dare from the proposed sequel series. Maybe the He-ro listed in the voice credits is Adam and Teela's son?? Maybe He-man doesn't get sent back to the past, but to the future where he meets his son???
    Actually if that's the case I hope they go with the original plan where Dare was adopted and finding his true parents was an ongoing plot point. This would serve to help get another season to explore the idea and also bring in She-Ra since the original plan was it would ultimately turn out he was Adora's long lost son.
    "How I loathe heroes! Always getting in the way and acting so... so... heroic!"

please check out my fan fics at:

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/399417/

Quote Originally Posted by zeiss View Post
    My guess is that this is what He-man will look like in the show after the events surrounding God Skeletor. He is just based off of OO-lar's design.
    This would be my guess as well.

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Personally, I would like to see anything that was made as a toy in the 80s remade in classics. As previous posters have said, that's the majority of the New Adventures characters as well as a fair chunk of the variants from the Princess of Power line. I'd like to see vehicles, playsets and concept characters. I especially regret not getting an Evil Robot. Then there are the characters from other media that didn't make the cut such as Sebrian, Andra and Kittrina (I'd like an non-animation version).

But I have no expectation that any of that is ever going to happen. As far as I'm concerned the Classics ship has sailed. The line ended with Snake Mountain, and regardless of how much all those other characters would enhance my collection, I'm just going to learn to live without them.

Returning to Classics would be an enormous challenge for Mattel. Who would actually buy the remaining D-Listers except for me and maybe a couple of thousand other people around the world? You can't base a toyline on those numbers. For better or worse, we have Masterverse now. I've pre-ordered the first couple of waves and although it doesn't look as good as Classics, it does at least look as though it has potential.
    Even if they weren't willing to let Super7 continue Collector's Choice and Club Grayskull, Mattel should have at least let Power-Con continue to produce annual Classics exclusives for the hardcore fans who wanted them. As someone who was involved, to some extent, in the process back then, I know for a fact that even the super obscure characters were desired by the fanbase. Sure, something like Lord Gr'Asp might not be something Mattel would ever put on a retail shelf, but having stuff like that via Power-Con offered an outlet for fans who wanted to add to their existing MOTUC collections. That line was amazing in that it unified all versions, eras, and iterations of MOTU in one single, massive line. Why kill something like that when you can keep it going through con exclusives as a sort of legacy bond with the fans.

A group of us are keeping our Classics collections going through customs from Hunter Knight and Rex Barja. It's pricey, but it is a fun way to add new characters to the Classics shelves every once in awhile.

Here's the Classics Hunga custom that Rex is working on for me.

PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

http://www.shillingshockers.com

TERROR AT COLLINWOOD
    A podcast dedicated to the classic gothic television series, Dark Shadows

https://www.terroratcollinwood.com/

Heroic slave of time man-at-work's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post
    Even if they weren't willing to let Super7 continue Collector's Choice and Club Grayskull, Mattel should have at least let Power-Con continue to produce annual Classics exclusives for the hardcore fans who wanted them. As someone who was involved, to some extent, in the process back then, I know for a fact that even the super obscure characters were desired by the fanbase. Sure, something like Lord Gr'Asp might not be something Mattel would ever put on a retail shelf, but having stuff like that via Power-Con offered an outlet for fans who wanted to add to their existing MOTUC collections. That line was amazing in that it unified all versions, eras, and iterations of MOTU in one single, massive line. Why kill something like that when you can keep it going through con exclusives as a sort of legacy bond with the fans.

A group of us are keeping our Classics collections going through customs from Hunter Knight and Rex Barja. It's pricey, but it is a fun way to add new characters to the Classics shelves every once in awhile.

https://i.imgur.com/Y0s1Vsi.jpg
    Welcome back to the forums! I was missing your refreshing opinions about Classics. Totally agree about the potential of Cons to continue Classics as a niche toy line for collectors. *sigh*
    Wish list of MOTUC figures: Sagitar, Red Beast, Hans Hammerholder, Ra-Jar

Heroic Warrior
    Well, Classics is only for a tiny number of vocal people, due to what's been termed "Continuity Lockout" in comics. Fans like me are locked out from all the vintage characters, because the last time they were offered was... whenever you had to subscribe for Jan-Dec 2015? I don't even know.
    If anyone wants to sell me all the Classics characters for their original price, then I'll support them.

Evil Titan of Industry melmoth666's Avatar
    Even if they weren't willing to let Super7 continue Collector's Choice and Club Grayskull, Mattel should have at least let Power-Con continue to produce annual Classics exclusives for the hardcore fans who wanted them.
    10 Million times this. (Also thats a fine looking Hunga, you have there)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MCX-Eternia View Post
    Well, Classics is only for a tiny number of vocal people, due to what's been termed "Continuity Lockout" in comics. Fans like me are locked out from all the vintage characters, because the last time they were offered was... whenever you had to subscribe for Jan-Dec 2015? I don't even know.
    If anyone wants to sell me all the Classics characters for their original price, then I'll support them.
    Sorry, continuity lockout is garbage. I don't think its anywhere near the situation you are describing. Its a term that selfish comic book collectors use to justify reboots of series because they are too lazy to find and read back issues, or they are jealous because they will never own a copy of Amazing Fantasy 15.

(In the case of MOTUC, you do have a valid point, as they are toys that, by their very nature, need to be obtained to enjoy) but as for comics?

Because of the interwebs you can pretty much read any back issues you want from a multitude of free and not so free sources.
    Rambo was a documentary filmed in real time.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by melmoth666 View Post
    10 Million times this. (Also thats a fine looking Hunga, you have there)

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry, continuity lockout is garbage. I don't think its anywhere near the situation you are describing. Its a term that selfish comic book collectors use to justify reboots of series because they are too lazy to find and read back issues, or they are jealous because they will never own a copy of Amazing Fantasy 15.

(In the case of MOTUC, you do have a valid point, as they are toys that, by their very nature, need to be obtained to enjoy) but as for comics?

Because of the interwebs you can pretty much read any back issues you want from a multitude of free and not so free sources.
    I mean, reboots are essential for comics. Both from a consumer standpoint (let's say DC never rebooted continuity and someone just wants to read Batman stories, that's several thousand comics they'd need to get caught up on so they can understand what's happening currently) and a writing standpoint (imagine having to make sure you don't contradict some random comic from the 60s).

Wow PD, that is one awesome Hunga that almost been desired by everyone who's into Classics, both Collector's Choice and Club Grayskull lines. Imagine that officially released in proper box and cardback packaging for Classics.

Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

Motuc Blister Eater OnlyOneSkeletor's Avatar
    Good to see you back around, Dani' !

This pair of wings previously made for Hawkman (DC) keeps making wonders,
    you've done well by reusing them.

And yes, it is far from being over for a few of us !

As far as I'm concerned, I've chosen to instituate half of Skeleteen's gang
    while turning to the 3rd party option. Everyone except successors of Mer-Man,
    Trap-Jaw and Tung Lashor should be "resi-plastified" in a near futur.
    WATCH THE OUTSTANDING NEW MUSIC VIDEO "Almighty's Hand" here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eg9ld7ynu6w
    Available on: Itunes Store / Apple Music & Amazon
    More info here: https://www.facebook.com/glenlarocheofficiel

Credit to Adult Collector and Jukka

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Credit to Adult Collector and Jukka
    I like these. I don't collect them but I might grab these. The pic is super low res but Teela is looking better here. And I do quite like what I've seen of the Sorceress so far.

Anyone seen anything from this line for presale anywhere lately? I know deepdiscount had them up a long time ago, but I haven't seen anything. The street date was 6/15 wasn't it?

- - - Updated - - -

it's up on BBTS for preorder now @ $21.99:

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Produ...Details/166822

+2 Against Harpies Sword2Blanket's Avatar

I agree with this completely. I'd still love a Hunga! Without a harpy to ensnare, my Sword2Blanket-ness feels completely useless!

On an unrelated note:
    Quote Originally Posted by BooperScoop View Post
    I mean, reboots are essential for comics. Both from a consumer standpoint (let's say DC never rebooted continuity and someone just wants to read Batman stories, that's several thousand comics they'd need to get caught up on so they can understand what's happening currently) and a writing standpoint (imagine having to make sure you don't contradict some random comic from the 60s).
    This philosophy is the absolute bane of my existence.

Quote Originally Posted by jibernish View Post

Nice!

Tin tote? Lunchbox offensive to us fatties now?

Netflix's Geeked Week is going to show off some of the toys at some point today.
    My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 10/17/2021

Über Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jibernish View Post

The site is down.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by banthafett View Post
    Tin tote? Lunchbox offensive to us fatties now?
    I think it's because they can trademark that. I keep seeing companies coming up with stupid names for common things so they can essentially trademark the name.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post
    The site is down.
    I wonder if people are flooding the site trying to get MOTUR figures?
    My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 10/17/2021