Page 4 of 82 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 2035

Thread: Masterverse Coming 2021 (Wave 1 Revealed!)

  1. #76
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    England, UK
    Posts
    4,683
    I've honestly never understood collector's needs for loads of articulation. I think it destroys the sculpt and the detail of the actual figure. And most of it, lets face it, isn't needed. I mean, 30 points of articulation? A bit ludicrous, IMO, and the only thing about this line that gives me cause for concern. I'm weary that the sculpts will basically be ruined as a result. That Wolverine on the previous page (it is Wolverine, isn't it?) basically backs up my feelings.

  2. #77
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    1,121
    Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    Then why not let Super7 continue MOTUC on the condition they're only allowed to do obscure characters?
    Because that will cannibalize sales for this line. Unlike Origins, this line is meant specifically for the adult collector.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by oansun View Post
    I mean, I guess you can dismiss the entirety of his list by just using this as an example?
    It's fine if you don't care about New Adventures, but plenty of us do

    - - - Updated - - -



    Mostly a joke, im aware of the size difference
    As I said, NA seems very likely for this line. It's just that Classics got so far in that every non-NA character is pretty much unheard of outside of super hardcore fans.

    Outside of NA characters, everyone on that list was a one or character from a single episode of Filmation, a minicomic, a piece of tie in material, or was a Classics original.

    Idk, because the multiverse approach, I'm willing to bet we'll get the remaining NA characters (I'd bet actual money that if we get a NA wave, Sagitar would be the BAF). If we get a POP wave, I bet we'll get Twiggets as an accessory or a BAF (not all BAFs are huge, Dr Psycho was a BAF a few years ago, and he's tiny).

  3. #78
    Heroic slave of time man-at-work's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    688
    Quote Originally Posted by limelitemach1 View Post
    Easy answer: Let super 7 continue classics. Let them put out figures that origins and the new line will never get deep enough into.
    Exactly! Let Mattel get new things out there for the mass market, let Super 7 deal with niche collector stuff, everyone happy. Honestly I don't know why these can't coexists. I've seen people expressing that MOTU needs something new, etc, etc. And I understand this is where the mass market business is. Cool! I'll be happy to have those options out there, I might be buying some origins, some masterverse, but I would like to continue my current collection where I've invested, and I would like it to grow to those obscure edges of the property. Star Wars has done that for decades, DC too, so why can't be that way with MOTU? Why do I need the same core characters over and over? However, I would happily buy a Teela if she's a well executed female action figure, since I'm still not satisfied with what I got from Classics (CC/CG). Let's have something for everyone, if we adult collectors are such a negligible minority, why not let Super 7 take care of us? It won't hurt the big numbers in any way then. I'm enthusiastic about Masterverse, but please don't dismiss us who want a continuity of Classics. I don't get it how talking about Classics is becoming taboo in the "Classics" forum.
    Wish list of MOTUC figures: Sagitar, Red Beast, Hans Hammerholder, Ra-Jar

  4. #79
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Hellbourne, Australia
    Posts
    2,347
    Quote Originally Posted by man-at-work View Post
    Let's have something for everyone, if we adult collectors are such a negligible minority, why not let Super 7 take care of us? It won't hurt the big numbers in any way then. I'm enthusiastic about Masterverse, but please don't dismiss us who want a continuity of Classics. I don't get it how talking about Classics is becoming taboo in the "Classics" forum.
    I wish there was a "heart" or thumbs up button in this forum. I'd be slamming it right now.
    Wanted in MOTUC: 1) Masks of Power Demons 2) Mini-Comics Tri-Klops 3) Hoove 4) Vintage Attack Trak 5) Leech (Club Grayskull)
    Like Shock Rock? Check out my band: www.reverbnation.com/massrejection

  5. #80
    Functioning Addict TattooedRobot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    30
    Anyone done work on the silhouettes yet? Figured someone had figured it all out here.

  6. #81
    Heroic Warrior Grayskull Guardsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    STL Metro East
    Posts
    1,426
    I'd rather have the parts swap feature that Origins has than way too much articulation.

    A Classics-like buck with head, arm, hand, waist, boot swap. Throw in leg swap, too.

    Is there a figure line out there with 30 points of articulation that doesn't make the figure sculpt look bad?

  7. #82
    master of accessories facet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3,460
    Quote Originally Posted by man-at-work View Post
    Exactly! Let Mattel get new things out there for the mass market, let Super 7 deal with niche collector stuff, everyone happy. Honestly I don't know why these can't coexists. I've seen people expressing that MOTU needs something new, etc, etc. And I understand this is where the mass market business is. Cool! I'll be happy to have those options out there, I might be buying some origins, some masterverse, but I would like to continue my current collection where I've invested, and I would like it to grow to those obscure edges of the property. Star Wars has done that for decades, DC too, so why can't be that way with MOTU? Why do I need the same core characters over and over? However, I would happily buy a Teela if she's a well executed female action figure, since I'm still not satisfied with what I got from Classics (CC/CG). Let's have something for everyone, if we adult collectors are such a negligible minority, why not let Super 7 take care of us? It won't hurt the big numbers in any way then. I'm enthusiastic about Masterverse, but please don't dismiss us who want a continuity of Classics. I don't get it how talking about Classics is becoming taboo in the "Classics" forum.
    Was classics addressed during the panel, some ask the question as to why the two canít coexist?

  8. #83
    Master of fear Drunken Fist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Petal, Mississippi
    Posts
    6,464
    Once the Revelations figures are done, I'm most hoping for some 2002 designs and characters in this line. I've been waiting a very long time for super-articulated figures of those!

  9. #84
    Heroic Warrior motogp_fanatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    2,479
    Quote Originally Posted by man-at-work View Post
    Exactly! Let Mattel get new things out there for the mass market, let Super 7 deal with niche collector stuff, everyone happy. Honestly I don't know why these can't coexists. I've seen people expressing that MOTU needs something new, etc, etc. And I understand this is where the mass market business is. Cool! I'll be happy to have those options out there, I might be buying some origins, some masterverse, but I would like to continue my current collection where I've invested, and I would like it to grow to those obscure edges of the property. Star Wars has done that for decades, DC too, so why can't be that way with MOTU? Why do I need the same core characters over and over? However, I would happily buy a Teela if she's a well executed female action figure, since I'm still not satisfied with what I got from Classics (CC/CG). Let's have something for everyone, if we adult collectors are such a negligible minority, why not let Super 7 take care of us? It won't hurt the big numbers in any way then. I'm enthusiastic about Masterverse, but please don't dismiss us who want a continuity of Classics. I don't get it how talking about Classics is becoming taboo in the "Classics" forum.
    Thank you.. You articulated very important things about what Classics fans feel for Classics. I don't need a new line, I just need my CG core charcaters complete as well as those missing NA characters for the fan of those. And excuse me for those keep on referencing obscure characters, there are main characters missing, aside CG that I mentioned, the 87 movie main cast needs to be done and in MOTUC buck. Heck the MOTUC Lords of Power variant needs to be done too. And to blunt about it, we don't have a proper Cringer, still missing oG vehicles without Classics interpretations, a flocked Panthor, Skeleteen, Leo variants and that much needed Zodac CHAIR and Filmation Eatock Faker and Mini comics Tri-Klops.Much more than obscure characters that keeps on being harp around which is completely inaccurate and let Super7 do it for the niche fans.

    Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

  10. #85
    Heroic slave of time man-at-work's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    688
    Quote Originally Posted by facet View Post
    Was classics addressed during the panel, some ask the question as to why the two canít coexist?
    Classics was not addressed, but Masterverse's questions weren't addressed either because they said they could not comment on anything related to it as of now. I sent a couple of questions on the Q&A panel, but I understand why they were not picked. So, basically the poster in the first page of this thread is as much as we get for now about Masterverse, not even think about its compatibility with Classics to some extent. Understanding that, I think we can freely and wildly speculate for some few months at least. Hmmmm, adding to the speculation, I think Toyguru addressed this in one of his videos, maybe this is what he was referring to.
    Wish list of MOTUC figures: Sagitar, Red Beast, Hans Hammerholder, Ra-Jar

  11. #86
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    1,121
    Quote Originally Posted by motogp_fanatic View Post
    Thank you.. You articulated very important things about what Classics fans feel for Classics. I don't need a new line, I just need my CG core charcaters complete as well as those missing NA characters for the fan of those. And excuse me for those keep on referencing obscure characters, there are main characters missing, aside CG that I mentioned, the 87 movie main cast needs to be done and in MOTUC buck. Heck the MOTUC Lords of Power variant needs to be done too. And to blunt about it, we don't have a proper Cringer, still missing oG vehicles without Classics interpretations, a flocked Panthor, Skeleteen, Leo variants and that much needed Zodac CHAIR and Filmation Eatock Faker and Mini comics Tri-Klops.Much more than obscure characters that keeps on being harp around which is completely inaccurate and let Super7 do it for the niche fans.

    Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk
    Lists like these confuse me. People are complaining about them releasing core characters in the new Netflix style, while also wanting to buy core characters again in Filmation, movie, 200X, production variant, or whatever other style.

    Also, just get the Origins LOP pack and swap the heads and armor. They scale perfectly. With some finagling, the Origins mini comic Tri-Klops armor should fit on a MOTUC figure too.

    Eatock Faker is a legal impossibility (that would damage relations with NBC Universal), but can be done easily as a custom (use CG Skeletor as a base, and there's an eBay shop, Barabossa Customs I think who makes the head and armor for that).

    The iconic vehicles never sold well (a lot of online stores still have them in stock), imagine how well something like Mantisaur would sell. Also how the hell are you supposed to sell a chair to more than like four people (and like, there are lots of models online of 3D printed Zodac chairs).

    Idk, I have a hard time believing the Masterverse line won't do NA (and they would probably target the missing characters) and Filmation, and like, a Cringer BAF with a royal family wave is so obvious.

  12. #87
    Heroic Warrior Jeevesosiris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Chesterfield, UK
    Posts
    2,594
    Great to have so much MOTU and so many options for MOTU fans.

    Personally I have little appetite to collect another line from scratch to be honest, particularly if they are kinda like Classics... but not "compatible" I will also be skipping Origins for the similar reasons.

    But I will do you a deal Mattel, I will pledge to buy these IF you release at least one new Classics figure (and character) a year.

    Until that happens I will stick to Mini's and Funko's.
    The Lurkiest

    **Somebody please make me a Staghorn**

  13. #88
    Twiggets please! jastiles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    569
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeevesosiris View Post
    Great to have so much MOTU and so many options for MOTU fans.

    Personally I have little appetite to collect another line from scratch to be honest, particularly if they are kinda like Classics... but not "compatible" I will also be skipping Origins for the similar reasons.

    But I will do you a deal Mattel, I will pledge to buy these IF you release at least one new Classics figure (and character) a year.

    Until that happens I will stick to Mini's and Funko's.
    Just one a year?! You are a cheap buy. Lol. Let's gun for at least one per wave.

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    My Top Most Wanted MOTUC: The Twiggets, Sagitar, Spinwit, Spirit, Staghorn, Cringer (articulated adult form), Catra's Cat Form, Kayo, Master Sebrian, Drissi, Caz, Attak Trak, Land Shark, Spidor.

  14. #89
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    1,121
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeevesosiris View Post
    Great to have so much MOTU and so many options for MOTU fans.

    Personally I have little appetite to collect another line from scratch to be honest, particularly if they are kinda like Classics... but not "compatible" I will also be skipping Origins for the similar reasons.

    But I will do you a deal Mattel, I will pledge to buy these IF you release at least one new Classics figure (and character) a year.

    Until that happens I will stick to Mini's and Funko's.
    I don't understand. These will most likely use a very similar buck just with modern articulation. Like, I'm willing to bet the musculature will be identical. Also, they said that these will be compatible with Classics (presumably in terms of heads, weapons, armor, etc). And it's not like they're just putting out generic versions of these characters, these are the ones from the new show.

    Are you guys actually arguing that they should stick to the articulation that doesn't allow them to wield weapons with two hands?

  15. #90
    Pillar of the Community hadley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Kennesaw, GA
    Posts
    9,198

    Masterverse coming in Summer 2021

    Quote Originally Posted by BooperScoop View Post

    Are you guys actually arguing that they should stick to the articulation that doesn't allow them to wield weapons with two hands?
    I would make that argument. I like to think Iím pretty reasonable, if sardonic. My argument would be that once you start changing the articulation scheme in a way that affects the aesthetics, you no longer have visual continuity, and therefore there is no compatibility.

    An example of an articulation change that would not break visual continuity would be changing from hinge elbows and knees to pin-and-disc (donít know the real name). They look similar, and you get the benefit of lateral rotation.

    An example that would break continuity and would therefore be incompatible are double hinge elbows and knees. Theyíre the standard, I suppose, but theyíre ugly and stick way out. Butterfly shoulders fit this bill as well.

    All that said, Iím looking forward to seeing what this line has to offer. Iím not against starting a new collection!
    Please check out my custom figures. The first few stink but I get better.

    https://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?277602-Masters-of-the-Hadleyverse


    I also wrote a fanfic. See the fanfic board. At least four people like it.

  16. #91
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    1,121
    Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    I would make that argument. I like to think Iím pretty reasonable, if sardonic. My argument would be that once you start changing the articulation scheme in a way that affects the aesthetics, you no longer have visual continuity, and therefore there is no compatibility.

    An example of an articulation change that would not break visual continuity would be changing from hinge elbows and knees to pin-and-disc (donít know the real name). They look similar, and you get the benefit of lateral rotation.

    An example that would break continuity and would therefore be incompatible are double hinge elbows and knees. Theyíre the standard, I suppose, but theyíre ugly and stick way out. Butterfly shoulders fit this bill as well.

    All that said, Iím looking forward to seeing what this line has to offer. Iím not against starting a new collection!
    I imagine this'll be like a lot of modern lines where the butterfly joints are hidden. I do agree that double knees are ugly as hell, but double elbows are at least useful enough to justify it (double knees are kinda useless unless it's a character like Spider-Man or Nightwing, who make sense to pose with the knees posed at extreme angles, but even then you need a stand for it). Idk, I doubt I'll be buying anyone but favorites from this unless I end up really liking the cartoon. But like, the modern crunch ball joints honestly look a lot better than the traditional hinge ab crunch.

  17. #92
    Heroic Warrior Grayskull Guardsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    STL Metro East
    Posts
    1,426
    The butterfly joints on the McFarlane DC Figures are hideous. I hope these don't look anything like those or Marvel Legends.

    Just an updated Classics buck would be ideal.

  18. #93
    Heroic Warrior Lazer Force Zodac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    1,272
    i'm not excited about this. i'm not excited about them thinking that i'm going to re-buy the same characters again with a slight re-design. especially with marvel legends style articulation. i want classics to continue
    PoP Figures have to be based on the Vintage toys! This is NOT Filmation's Masters Of The Universe Classics MySpace Custom Blog

  19. #94
    Heroic Warrior felgekarp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Sheffield, UK.
    Posts
    1,419
    Iím not expecting these to fit in with classics at all, I donít have a problem with that but I donít think this line is going to be what classics fans wanted.

  20. #95
    Heroic Warrior Triklops 1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Eternos
    Posts
    4,370
    Oh come on now! stop complaining about a tiny tiny line such as CLASSICS, we must look forward to most important issues like the refreshing of the brand as whole bringing MOTU back at the mainstream soon after the 2002 era!

    I too would need King Miro, Hunga, Filmation Ram Man and Buzz Off, Blast, Odiphus, the 3 Twiggets, oh gosh! what else?! New Adventures Lizorr and Nocturna! But we must celebrate for more IMPORTANT things because this is finally HAPPENING after so long and it's just how things are getting worked out at the mass market and Mattel is doing what it should be done (i.e the g.i.joes having a new retail line for the ps4 videogame plus a retro line and a movie to be released sometimes in 2021), simple as that.

    Having said that, noboby could predict success for a line like MOTUC, so MULTIVERSE could last just 1 year but like 10! being sold at retail it's always risky business than to an online collector fan base but I'm curious to know how this will evolve, if it's just tie-in product for Revelation or open possibilities for characters belonging to all different eras from MASTERS, one thing for sure: MOTUC buck is outdated and today's collector market has grown to some extent where multiple acessories (hands, head, special effects) should be considered as given, I'm open to the future as avid figuarts/ figma collector from japanese collector market, to me this is a step forward for MOTU, we deserve better than MOTUC at this point, hopefully the 4horsemen will be involved somehow
    "The Most Powerful Man in the Universe..."
    "Where Hope seems Lost..."
    "Good Journey!"
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "A Hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."
    "A Hero will Rise..."
    "The Power of Grayskull Awakens......"
    "Let the Power Returns....!"

  21. #96
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The Slime Pit
    Posts
    7,209
    I'm not shocked by people sniping at others in this thread because they dare to want Classics to continue. If Origins and a new 7-inch line can run concurrently, there is no reason why Classics can't be throne a bone here and there at a minimum, given that Masterverse does not intend to include and conform to Classics.

  22. #97
    Evil Titan of Industry melmoth666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    1,478
    Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    I'm not shocked by people sniping at others in this thread because they dare to want Classics to continue. If Origins and a new 7-inch line can run concurrently, there is no reason why Classics can't be throne a bone here and there at a minimum, given that Masterverse does not intend to include and conform to Classics.
    Absolutely. At least let S7 finish the Filmation line and maybe a few more most wanted classics, but that is probably not going to happen, unless this whole new push fails, which I really don't want to happen.


    I do think Masterverse could turn out to be something. I reserve judgement until I see more. I think, S7 MAY have some surprises coming up, in the way of crossover lines we have been asking about for years. This is just my hunch, but I am betting Brian and co. look to get Blackstar, Bravestar and maybe even Fire and Ice before the year is up.....
    Rambo was a documentary filmed in real time.

  23. #98
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    930
    I need some clarification here. This line is supposed to have an SRP of $19.99. That's for a 7" scale collector oriented line with accessories, bases, and swappable hands. 30 points of articulation.

    Meanwhile, the Deluxe Origins line also announced yesterday is 5.5" scale and will be $19.99 as well.

    Is that really possible, and will Mattel really be able to keep Masterverse at $19.99, same price as Origins Deluxe, for mass market retail?
    "This is true. This is real. This . . . is . . . STRAIGHT EDGE."

    -CM Punk

  24. #99
    Ocean Warlord Amazingspidey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    The Fright Zone
    Posts
    41
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
    I need some clarification here. This line is supposed to have an SRP of $19.99. That's for a 7" scale collector oriented line with accessories, bases, and swappable hands. 30 points of articulation.

    Meanwhile, the Deluxe Origins line also announced yesterday is 5.5" scale and will be $19.99 as well.

    Is that really possible, and will Mattel really be able to keep Masterverse at $19.99, same price as Origins Deluxe, for mass market retail?
    Sadly I missed this panel at power con. Did anyone directly mention the master verse figures would definitely be available at retail stores? Or was that just Origins?

  25. #100
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    930
    Quote Originally Posted by Amazingspidey View Post
    Sadly I missed this panel at power con. Did anyone directly mention the master verse figures would definitely be available at retail stores? Or was that just Origins?
    During the PowerCon virtual panel, one of the Mattel reps clearly said Masterverse would be mass market retail.
    "This is true. This is real. This . . . is . . . STRAIGHT EDGE."

    -CM Punk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •