Page 172 of 183 FirstFirst ... 72122162170171172173174182 ... LastLast
Results 4,276 to 4,300 of 4573

Thread: Masterverse Toyline Discussion Thread

Call Your Champion Voodoo Magic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    That Roboto looks amazing. Maybe my favourite figure in the full line.
    Yeah, Roboto looks terrific! And so begins my search for a custom poncho...
    - - - - -
    FOR ETERNIA Official YouTube Channel
    News, Podcasts, Reviews, Unboxings and More

ForEternia.com
    News & Content on Masters of the Universe: Revelation, Revolution & More

- - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo Magic View Post
    It would have been coo, if hey had included a poncho and some extra hand attachments.

I think that there are a couple of Star Wars Black figures that have ponchos... the scale should be almost perfect.

If not, you could also use Andra's cloak - with a bit of finagling.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyOneSkeletor View Post
    @ Darkkosis I do not either but it seems that I developped a keen interest for it after these last few weeks, and the recent reveals have reinforced that. To be honest, and since day one, I look forward the day Mattel will at last produce the key references to complete the Classics line and I must say that seeing them revitalising licences such as 200X and more importantly NA is definitely exciting to me.

Oh and yeah, the cyborg face plate is definitely a thing for me too. Which says a lot regarding the design side of this brand as a whole. The modern touch provides more possibilities for a collector like me desiring to interact with other futuristic licenses such as Silverhawks for instance ...
    BTW, do you mean by "produce key references to complete the Classics line" is that Mattel will/would revisit the Classics buck, or just completing the key figures in the Masterverse line?

Sadly, I don't see them bringing back the Classics line while Masterverse is in action... However there is still a good chance for select 200X and NA character to be made in Origins and Masterverse.

I myself wish for more 200X and NA representations in Origins over the Masterverse line, simply because it's a lot more compatible and probably cheaper to do it this way, and also we might have a slight chance seeing 200X and NA vehicles and playsets integrated in the line as well. (fingers crossed).
    Creativity is addictive.

Where's Roboto's soft goods poncho? That was a no-brainer....

Heroic slave of time man-at-work's Avatar
    I would have loved a poncho, instead of those dummy swords that are not part of Roboto's arsenal.

Frosta's face: not bad, but not the charming face we saw when this figure was revealed, looks more like a generic anime girl.
    Last edited by man-at-work; October 3, 2022 at 02:10pm.
    Wish list of Masterverse figures: Panthor, Sagitar, Red Beast, Hans Hammerholder, Ra-Jar

Motuc Blister Eater OnlyOneSkeletor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkkosis View Post
    BTW, do you mean by "produce key references to complete the Classics line" is that Mattel will/would revisit the Classics buck, or just completing the key figures in the Masterverse line?
    In order to complete them, no matter which brand they belong to actually ... I'm more and more inclined to incorporate that over-articulated buck within my collection as SH figuarts, Golden Axe, Ultimates figures etc were just thrown into this expansive world. The overall gang shall fit perfectly.
    THIS ONE MAKES YOU WANNA DANCE "Behind The Mask" here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6LeebIUKMo
    More info here: https://www.youtube.com/c/GlenLaroch...lightPromotion

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyOneSkeletor View Post
    In order to complete them, no matter which brand they belong to actually ... I'm more and more inclined to incorporate that over-articulated buck within my collection as SH figuarts, Golden Axe, Ultimates figures etc were just thrown into this expansive world. The overall gang shall fit perfectly.
    Interesting, so you would mix Origins, Classics and Masterverse so long as their MOTU?

I wish I can do that, but for me; each line has its own universe and preferences. Probably I can see myself using the 3D Netflix's vehicles for Origins since both of the main lines are in the 5.5-6" scale, but that's about it.
    I do however use certain select favorite characters (Trap-Jaw for example) from different lines outside Classics and Origins and dedicate a certain space for them, simply because I don't collect those entire lines.
    Creativity is addictive.

Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    Where's Roboto's soft goods poncho? That was a no-brainer....
    Cape master on facebook does all sorts of custom capes im sure he can nail down a perfect poncho for you.

Motuc Blister Eater OnlyOneSkeletor's Avatar
    Interesting, so you would mix Origins, Classics and Masterverse so long as their MOTU?

I wish I can do that, but for me; each line has its own universe and preferences. Probably I can see myself using the 3D Netflix's vehicles for Origins since both of the main lines are in the 5.5-6" scale, but that's about it.
    To some extent We're on the same page right here; as any Ultimates! warrior figure (Thundercats, Conan) are gladly mixed up on my shelves to serve that very purpose.

I do however use certain select favorite characters (Trap-Jaw for example) from different lines outside Classics and Origins and dedicate a certain space for them, simply because I don't collect those entire lines.
    Precisly what I intend to do with the lately revealed MEF (Masterverse) as he will join the ranks of Stargazer allies to combat Mon*Star.
    THIS ONE MAKES YOU WANNA DANCE "Behind The Mask" here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6LeebIUKMo
    More info here: https://www.youtube.com/c/GlenLaroch...lightPromotion

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by man-at-work View Post
    I would have loved a poncho, instead of those dummy swords that are not part of Roboto's arsenal.

Frosta's face: not bad, but not the charming face we saw when this figure was revealed, looks more like a generic anime girl.
    I kinda like the orange swords because they remind me of the orange swords Optimus Prime has in the Bay movies

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    I think that there are a couple of Star Wars Black figures that have ponchos... the scale should be almost perfect.

If not, you could also use Andra's cloak - with a bit of finagling.
    I wouldn't want to use Andra's cloak because it's black, but thanks for bringing up Star Wars. They have some figures with greenish brown ponchos that might do nicely if there isn't a perfect custom for sale. Thanks!!!!
    - - - - -

ForEternia.com

- - - - -

I saw Wave 7 up for preorder at BBTS, March 2023 is the estimated arrival date. Interestingly enough, the only one missing is Roboto. Is Roboto going to be an exclusive?
    Wish list of Masterverse figures: Panthor, Sagitar, Red Beast, Hans Hammerholder, Ra-Jar

Quote Originally Posted by man-at-work View Post
    I saw Wave 7 up for preorder at BBTS, March 2023 is the estimated arrival date. Interestingly enough, the only one missing is Roboto. Is Roboto going to be an exclusive?
    Roboto is there too:

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Produ...Details/221239
    - - - - -

ForEternia.com

- - - - -

Yes, just saw it, it seems that I saw the page when they were still publishing the new items

Skeletor MOTU87 is at the BBTS website, but why no He-Man yet ?

This may upset a few people but I just got the Masterverse Hordak and She-Ra today from BBTS and IMO both are better than their Classics versions. They are outstanding. Bring on more POP/HORDE!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    This may upset a few people but I just got the Masterverse Hordak and She-Ra today from BBTS and IMO both are better than their Classics versions. They are outstanding. Bring on more POP/HORDE!!
    I agree with you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have both She-Ras and I can safely say the Masterverse one feels like a much better toy. Not a big fan of fully painted bodies as they make me nervous about fiddling with them.

I really hope MV She-Ra's joints age better than classics did; Classics' ankles and knees can't even hold her up anymore and I have to use one of those jap-style crane arm stands to hold her up.

Vote with your wallet.

Companies will stop predatory business practices when we stop rewarding it and scrabbling for the newest shiny like brain-damaged junkies.

The Masterverse figure line just keeps getting better with every new release.
    Overall I would say the majority of the Masterverse figures are superior to their MOTUC versions.

Finally got my hands on Zodac and he's perfection. I had thought the feet looked really bad in all the online photos, but having him in hand- some standing poses ARE a little tricky because the bottoms of the feet are sculpted and not flat, but the overall look I'm down with in hand. I'll always want them to do a Zodac with a chair (I feel like the only way this would happen is if his character turned up in the CGI series- that toyline would TOTALLY pair Zodac with a flying chair/vehicle for retail), but this is a pretty solid update. These just have such a better range of motion that make Classics feel, well- kind of prehistoric by comparison. And this is how it should be- as the brand moves into the future, the toys SHOULD get upgraded articulation. I also love how the joints are all solid and tight. No floppy legs, weak ankles, etc.
    I know Nate made prints available of some of his previous Masterverse character portraits, so I'm hoping he releases one of Zodac at some point too because I felt really bad opening this box . I want this one framed!

Quote Originally Posted by mizterfish View Post
    I agree with you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    I'm with you both.

Found Hordak, She-ra and 40th He-man just now
    "There's no back door to heaven just a front door to hell" - DIO RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    The Masterverse figure line just keeps getting better with every new release.
    Overall I would say the majority of the Masterverse figures are superior to their MOTUC versions.
    I agree that Masterverse has picked up its game. The first wave or two had issues, but they have improved a lot.

They have several figures that are at least as good as their Classics counterparts - Stinkor, Hordak, Scareglow, Beastman, etc.

I actually did a nitpicky thorough look at MV Hordak on pg 166 of this thread.

https://www.he-man.org/forums/boards...Thread/page166

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    I definitely agree with you on She-Ra... the MOTUC version has not aged well at all. (Except the Galactic Protector version is still one of the best Classics figures, IMO.)

But, I still prefer the Classics Hordak.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<