Page 149 of 161 FirstFirst ... 4999139147148149150151159 ... LastLast
Results 3,701 to 3,725 of 4011

Thread: Masterverse Toyline Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by jibernish View Post
    the original has a metallic finish on the weapons, harness and belt too that is missing from the new version.
    It's less a finish or paint and more the type of plastic used was changed. Metallic plastic on the first prototype (could have been painted as a prototype I possibly), flat plastic on the later ones. It could have a slight metallic flake to it like the recent New Eternia He-Man but can't really tell from this photo.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty.81 View Post
    Any advice on how to get NE Skeletor's armor to fit better? https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...0c1446527e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    Did you notice that there are little ridges on the NE armor that fit between the shoulder flaps (or whatever you call them) on the classic armor? If you fit them in there they sit somewhat decently and the armor doesnít move around a bunch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Motorthing68 View Post
    The consensus seems to be that pic is wrongly resized, it's been stretched a little horizontally making the proportions look weird.
    I would believe it.

Just look at the authenticity "40 yrs." sticker... it is much wider in the second picture.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

Quote Originally Posted by mizterfish View Post
    Did you notice that there are little ridges on the NE armor that fit between the shoulder flaps (or whatever you call them) on the classic armor? If you fit them in there they sit somewhat decently and the armor doesnít move around a bunch.

Yeah I got that but if I look at him funny the armor comes off and he kinda scares me.

My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 8/10/2022

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty.81 View Post
    Yeah I got that but if I look at him funny the armor comes off and he kinda scares me.

Ok good, thought Iíd mention it at least because it took me a minute before I noticed.

the original has a metallic finish on the weapons, harness and belt too that is missing from the new version.
    Look at the box. The old photo is much more saturated than the new photo. That will definitely dampen the luster of the details. I do agree that it looks like the armor has lost some of itís sheen but again, the new photo is much less saturated and we donít know the lighting conditions of the environment in which the photo was taken.
    Please check out my custom figures. The first few stink but I get better.

https://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?277602-Masters-of-the-Hadleyverse

I also wrote a fanfic. See the fanfic board. At least four people like it.

Quote Originally Posted by chaosMonkeyPoo View Post
    It's less a finish or paint and more the type of plastic used was changed. Metallic plastic on the first prototype (could have been painted as a prototype I possibly), flat plastic on the later ones. It could have a slight metallic flake to it like the recent New Eternia He-Man but can't really tell from this photo.
    I think you are right. It looks like a different plastic to me too, possibly in addition to a more flat paint in areas.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    Look at the box. The old photo is much more saturated than the new photo. That will definitely dampen the luster of the details. I do agree that it looks like the armor has lost some of itís sheen but again, the new photo is much less saturated and we donít know the lighting conditions of the environment in which the photo was taken.
    The saturation is higher in the old pic. But in my experience editing thousands of photos in Photoshop, bumping up saturation has never, for me, made something look metallic when it wasn't.

But i could totally be wrong. I'm confident in what I'm seeing in the pictures, but I'm wrong sometimes too.

To me, the old figure looks significantly better, except for the wash

Between those two 40th anniversary figures, I'd much rather have the one with the wash.
    Calling all fellow Aussies to post in the Australian Collectors Thread

Heroic Warrior AntiEternia He-Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ProteinNerd View Post
    Between those two 40th anniversary figures, I'd much rather have the one with the wash.
    Yep. I really donít like the look of this update. What a shame. Maybe it will be better in person. If not, thereís always the 50thÖ

It seems that NE Beast Man is getting a second run, kind of like Faker, where his orange is brightened up and the dirty color is gone.

Heroic Warrior Grayskull Guardsman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by depp76 View Post
    It seems that NE Beast Man is getting a second run, kind of like Faker, where his orange is brightened up and the dirty color is gone.
    Hopefully, they improved the blue teeth issue, too...

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Grayskull Guardsman View Post
    A bit of white paint fixes that

Quote Originally Posted by Grayskull Guardsman View Post
    It's not a model kit.

My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 8/10/2022

Heroic Warrior
    I found 3 New Eternia Beast-Man in a Target in Austin area. Looks they are getting restocks.

Court Magician
    "Surrender the Cosmic Cube or face the wrath of Skeletor Evil Lord of Destruction!"

"Whuht!"

*evil laughter*

Sent from my moto g stylus using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by He-Metayer View Post
    I found 3 New Eternia Beast-Man in a Target in Austin area. Looks they are getting restocks.
    North Austin? I haven't found anything in South Austin - not Beast-Man nor any of the recent Origins wave.

Same... Target over off MoPac, the one at Ben White, and over on East 5th are mostly a desert... some leftover Jitsus, Stridors, Andras (from Masterverse) and the older Deluxes (on the Masterverse side of things). No evidence of the newer waves of either line at those stores, but there's quite a few empty pegs at all stores (maybe they stocked them and sold through already, but I kinda doubt it. Usually you find a leftover of something and one of you fellas would have scooped something up and reported it back here).
    Looking for any specific Classics figures? Let me know via PM what you might be looking for and I'll look through some boxes and see if we can help each other out!

Heroic Warrior
    North Austin? I haven't found anything in South Austin - not Beast-Man nor any of the recent Origins wave.
    I found them in the Target in Round Rock.

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    Same... Target over off MoPac, the one at Ben White, and over on East 5th are mostly a desert... some leftover Jitsus, Stridors, Andras (from Masterverse) and the older Deluxes (on the Masterverse side of things). No evidence of the newer waves of either line at those stores, but there's quite a few empty pegs at all stores (maybe they stocked them and sold through already, but I kinda doubt it. Usually you find a leftover of something and one of you fellas would have scooped something up and reported it back here).
    yeah... I even asked an employee at Ben White if they had the DCPI's for the new wave of Origins. He said yes. I got all excited. And he brought out the full wave Sorceress-Buzz-Off wave. Sigh...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by He-Metayer View Post
    I found them in the Target in Round Rock.
    I figured as much. You are lucky up there I saw that there is a new version of Beast Man coming out where his chest is the proper orange color. Toy Habits on Youtube alluded to it (I didn't watch the video yet). Did yours have the lighter colored chest or matching orange?

Masterverse Scare Glow and 6 packs of MOTU MUSCLE figures only $22.95 at EE.

Link: https://t.co/we7ip2L3fc

A surprise storm is rolling in...

My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 8/10/2022

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by depp76 View Post
    Masterverse Scare Glow and 6 packs of MOTU MUSCLE figures only $22.95 at EE.

Link: https://t.co/we7ip2L3fc
    That was such a good deal, those M.U.S.C.L.E.S. were basically free! I was eyeing all week but I already have exclusive scareglow. Looks like the bundle is sold out now.

My Masterverse collection in an epic battle...

Also NE He-Man is way better in person that his pictures online.

My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 8/10/2022

Yesterday at my Target they had King Grayskull marked 50% off, Faker 70% off.

All other Masterverse figures were full price, even those that had been previously marked down.
    Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS COMPLETE COLLECTION GUIDE
    Featuring photos, bios, accessories, release dates, and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!

Ben White Target in south Austin has New Eternia Beast Man. I left 5 there after I grabbed my 1. I think they all have the corrected chest color.