Page 160 of 171 FirstFirst ... 60110150158159160161162170 ... LastLast
Results 3,976 to 4,000 of 4259

Thread: Masterverse Toyline Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by SVantley View Post
    I don’t know what world you live in but to to have a body like a MV figure would need lots of time spent in a gym.

I’m just trying to understand stand this. It’s like saying a Olympic swimmer has a dad bod

https://youtu.be/BeDjVEK6rz4

I found this review
    I came here to post this video too. Those slots in Catra's head are awful! What a terrible design. They should have given us a 2nd head if they were gonna do that. I'd pay a couple extra dollars. Other than that, she's pretty good. I like Classics better on this one. I agree with the reviewers, the boot color should have been the darker red. And I'm missing the pink gem in the shield.
    Last edited by jibernish; August 6, 2022 at 10:44pm.

Heroic Warrior Grayskull Guardsman's Avatar
    The head slots in Catra are a terrible design choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Grayskull Guardsman View Post

Yikes they will probably do that to the 2018 version to if they make it later...
    Sign me plz! (petition for Dreamworks She-Ra toys)
    https://chng.it/fHKxh4N7Ck

SPOP 2018 & MOTU:Re 2021 timeline comparison:
    https://www.he-man.org/forums/boards...e-info-(enjoy)

I'm not into POP so I honestly don't know but isn't her mask a core part of her look. Is she ever depicted not wearing the mask? Would anyone ever actually want to display her without it?
    Calling all fellow Aussies to post in the Australian Collectors Thread

I donít know what world you live in but to to have a body like a MV figure would need lots of time spent in a gym.
    Sure, MV is still weakest in proportion given the superhuman physique of vintage / origins or Classics.

Attached Images Attached Images

Catra's mask attachment is a bad design...but I suppose there really is no need to take her mask off.

I kind of prefer the more realistic less cartoon proportions of the Masterverse figures.

I donít know what world you live in but to to have a body like a MV figure would need lots of time spent in a gym.

Iím just trying to understand stand this. Itís like saying a Olympic swimmer has a dad bod

https://youtu.be/BeDjVEK6rz4

I found this review
    Thanks for posting. Just finished watching. A review for Zodac appeared just a few minutes ago.

Quote Originally Posted by ProteinNerd View Post
    I'm not into POP so I honestly don't know but isn't her mask a core part of her look. Is she ever depicted not wearing the mask? Would anyone ever actually want to display her without it?
    Yeah, I don't think she looks "right" without her mask anyway. I'd prefer the holes aren't there, but hey: she's gonna sit on a shelf with her mask on most of the time, so I can overlook it.

Heroic Warrior
    Oddly the MV Zodac looks too busy to me. For a simple figure this one has a lot of little stuff added to it.

There's something about the boots/feet on Zodac that I can't quite pinpoint, but it doesn't look right with the rest of the figure's (re)design. And I just don't know about the added... handtowel in front of his junk. But I do like the brighter than the Classic reds being used and the shoulder pads with the batons in hand makes him look like he'd charge after you like a football player and beat you to a pulp, which isn't something I knew I needed my Zodac to do until Masterverse came along

It's weird... but with both Zodac and Catra I think the boxart is the best thing about both releases. I'm sure I'll love them in hand, especially since I don't think the youtubers are all that great at posing their figures in their "reviews", but the stuff that's popped up online doesn't have me feeling as excited as I want to be about these two characters- even though they are two of my favorite characters in the lore.
    Looking for any loose Classics figures? Let me know via PM what you might be looking for and I'll look through some boxes and see if we can help each other out!

Excited about Catra, not about Zodac.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    There's something about the boots/feet on Zodac that I can't quite pinpoint, but it doesn't look right with the rest of the figure's (re)design.
    It's almost like he has a futuristic, sci-fi influenced look, but then the feet throw it off. Maybe if the toes looked robotic instead of like chicken feet, that might work.

I know that Zodac tradionally sports 'monster boots', but I HATE them on this figure!! If he had 'human' feet/boots, I would absolutely buy him, but those feet make it a total no-go. I'm hoping that a ZodaK shows up, either in MV or Origins.
    Last edited by DC_WARLORD; August 7, 2022 at 06:52pm.
    Odd Man Out

Quote Originally Posted by Grayskull Guardsman View Post

It's another lazy design choice.

Just like the male biceps... they cut off the actual muscle to allow the arm to bend farther. They always seem to sacrifice look for function instead of finding an alternative (like a separate maskless head.)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ToyCulture View Post
    Sure, MV is still weakest in proportion given the superhuman physique of vintage / origins or Classics.

https://i.postimg.cc/nzwTyY0P/x-matthdr45-a-480x.webp

https://i.postimg.cc/W45Q4Z5M/44187.jpg
    Gods! Looking at these two next to each other does NOT do Masterverse any favors, lol.

I've said it time and again... MV torsos are ridiculously slim. These are HE-MAN figures, they should be exaggerated and, above all, muscular!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DC_WARLORD View Post
    It's almost like he has a futuristic, sci-fi influenced look, but then the feet throw it off. Maybe if the toes looked robotic instead of like chicken feet, that might work.

I know that Zodac tradionally sports 'monster boots', but I HATE them on this figure!! If he had 'human' feet/boots, I would absolutely buy him, but those feet make it a total no-go. I'm hoping that a ZodaK shows up, either in MV or Origins.
    I posted the same thing way back when MV Zodac was revealed... the monster feet look downright silly and way out of place on this figure.

It's the same reason that I bought the DC vs. MOTU 2-pack back in the day... to get the Classics version of Zodac that is actually wearing gloves and NORMAL boots!
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Gods! Looking at these two next to each other does NOT do Masterverse any favors, lol.

I've said it time and again... MV torsos are ridiculously slim. These are HE-MAN figures, they should be exaggerated and, above all, muscular!

- - - Updated - - -
    To me it only shows a modern He-Man which is not skinny at all.

Which is my own opinion. If anything to me the MV looks closer to the Comic build. Body wise

I found New Eternia Beastman at Target. They had 4 or 5. I picked one up.

He's a cool figure and easily earns that Delux price tag.

You get a lot for your money: alt hands, alt armor, two weapons, and a newly tooled Beastman.

I took off the forearm and shin armor to get closer to the classic look. I didn't like the way it sat on the figure.

I think the size and bulk of this figure is great.
    I'm not crazy about the headsculpt. It's just good enough, but it's not winning any awards.

My right foot seems to be stuck without any real forward or backward movement in the hinge joint, but the rocker ankle works fine. I could probably work it loose, but I think I'm going to leave it be.

This figure has the size, bulk, and articulation I want out of a Beastman and MOTU figure, but I prefer the construction and feel of the Classics and Filmation figures.

I think the Filmation/Club Grayskull figure is still my favorite with Classics a close second followed by the two Masterverse figures.

Overall a fun figure, worth the cost, and another very cool Beastman to stand alongside the 200x, Classics, and Filmation figures.

It’s funny, I actually *love* MV Zodac and especially the demon feet. I hated the version of the DC two-pack with chunky boots. The demon feet give him that MOTU vibe where it’s this strange mix of futuristic and fantasy elements. I love it. I can’t wait to get this Zodac in hand, though I might get rid of the shoulder pads.

I do love the Classics buck for sure, but I’ve gotten to appreciate the MV articulation and the longer arms. Classics arms were always a bit on the shorter side. Yes, Classics is the most beautiful buck, but hey, MV is now and it is SO much more affordable :-}

I also loved MV Filmation Hordak from the moment I saw him. I’m more of Team Grey Hordak, but this one looks great to me, and has so many accessories. Finding it a little funny when these builds get criticized for being too slim, but then Mondo is kind of that way. (Kinda hated Mondo until their latest Deluxe He-Man) But yeah, this Hordak is very intriguing to me. Love how they solved the arm(s)/hand!

Will probably skip a few of the others, but NE Beast Man has a lot going for him, and She-Ra (though she should not be deluxe imho) is always cool.
    And that Two-Bad rocks!

Quote Originally Posted by mizterfish View Post
    Excited about Catra, not about Zodac.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Same here. I just can't get on board with dino feet football Zodac lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    I posted the same thing way back when MV Zodac was revealed... the monster feet look downright silly and way out of place on this figure.

It's the same reason that I bought the DC vs. MOTU 2-pack back in the day... to get the Classics version of Zodac that is actually wearing gloves and NORMAL boots!
    Yes!! I love that version!

Zodac should always be made with monster boots first because that is his true look. But I love when Mattel also makes the human foot variant.
    Last edited by DC_WARLORD; August 8, 2022 at 11:00pm.
    Odd Man Out

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic View Post
    Itís funny, I actually *love* MV Zodac and especially the demon feet. I hated the version of the DC two-pack with chunky boots. The demon feet give him that MOTU vibe where itís this strange mix of futuristic and fantasy elements. I love it. I canít wait to get this Zodac in hand, though I might get rid of the shoulder pads.

I do love the Classics buck for sure, but Iíve gotten to appreciate the MV articulation and the longer arms. Classics arms were always a bit on the shorter side. Yes, Classics is the most beautiful buck, but hey, MV is now and it is SO much more affordable :-}

I also loved MV Filmation Hordak from the moment I saw him. Iím more of Team Grey Hordak, but this one looks great to me, and has so many accessories. Finding it a little funny when these builds get criticized for being too slim, but then Mondo is kind of that way. (Kinda hated Mondo until their latest Deluxe He-Man) But yeah, this Hordak is very intriguing to me. Love how they solved the arm(s)/hand!

Will probably skip a few of the others, but NE Beast Man has a lot going for him, and She-Ra (though she should not be deluxe imho) is always cool.
    And that Two-Bad rocks!
    I thought I was the only person who felt MOTUC arms were a wee bit short.

Quote Originally Posted by DC_WARLORD View Post
    Yes!! I love that version!
    Me too.

In fact, he quickly became one of my favorite Classics designs.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

Iím the opposite with Zodac. Iíve got the human feet version from the 2 pack but that was a mistake when I bought him. I really preferred the monster ďoriginalĒ feet version. Otherwise heís just a boring human in armour.
    Calling all fellow Aussies to post in the Australian Collectors Thread

Heroic Warrior
    Zodac's monster feet look like they belong on a chickenÖ
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chuc98 View Post
    Zodac's monster feet look like they belong on a chickenÖ
    Yeah, that's the big part that's bugging me. It's not the three toed space demon vibe that I've ever had a problem with (it's always been part of his mystique), it's that these new feet are too bird-like on a character that otherwise has zero birdesque qualities to him... unless he has sculpted feathers on his chest and back this time instead of the chest/back rug he's always sported in the past!
    Looking for any loose Classics figures? Let me know via PM what you might be looking for and I'll look through some boxes and see if we can help each other out!

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    Yeah, that's the big part that's bugging me. It's not the three toed space demon vibe that I've ever had a problem with (it's always been part of his mystique), it's that these new feet are too bird-like on a character that otherwise has zero birdesque qualities to him... unless he has sculpted feathers on his chest and back this time instead of the chest/back rug he's always sported in the past!
    Face it. They are Velociraptor feet. Dino and bird lol.

I generally prefer monster feet Zodac, but the Masterverse version does look particularly bird-like - more so than classics and especially vintage/Origins